American Paragons Redux

Wait, also, DID WE NOT TELL YOU TO GET BETTER? YOU GOT WORSE FIRST. BAD VALHALLA.

*begins chilling the cans of tomato soup and or tomato paste*

Speaking of, we did lose two of them, and boy has that stung a bit. But I won't, and you all shouldn't either, hold anything against them. Real life happens, as it did with you, and does with all of us.
NO. I HOLD EVERYTHING AGAINST THEM.

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Wait, also, DID WE NOT TELL YOU TO GET BETTER? YOU GOT WORSE FIRST. BAD VALHALLA.

*begins chilling the cans of tomato soup and or tomato paste*
I TRIED, I really did! It's not my fault my immune system is shit--well.. I guess it would be my fault, but that's beside the point!

Valhalla is bad girl, getting all sick and stuff. Bad, bad, bad. Needs to be punished, but still taken care of.

I vote we push her bed into the time out corner.

Who dropped out, anyway? OH, and are you going to open the slots for those lost? I might want to try to get my pal to get up in this thing if yes.

Last edited:
How is Elendra going to explain this in the story?

"Jim lost his grip! He fell two stories onto Marionette, crushing his body along with his own. Rest in peace."

Last edited by a moderator:
How is Elendra going to explain this in the story?

"Jim lost his grip! He fell two stories onto Marionette, crushing her body along with his own. Rest in peace."
Well, I mean we're not very far into it. Maybe could just retcon?

Well, I mean we're not very far into it. Maybe could just retcon?
You could make them into NPCs that leave the main group now, if you wanted to. That way the characters would be out in the world for future use.

Maybe send them to Side Plot Bridge with the others?

If needed, I totally wouldn't mind creating another character. Take up a spot for the lack of players until we get more--but that's only if you'd like me to!

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
If needed, I totally wouldn't mind creating another character. Take up a spot for the lack of players until we get more--but that's only if you'd like me to!
Well, actually...

Hrm...

I don't know if that will be necessary, but if active players took control of the NPC'd members so I don't have to make as strange of changes to things, and have a more natural transition (after this next post at least) that'd be fine.

Or maybe write up characters with similar powers and just do a swap?

I dunno.

That idea is tempting, and honestly didn't come up before now, but really multiple characters per person could help with things.

Thank you for that.

What do the rest of you think? It's your RP too, so input is always appreciated :D

What do the rest of you think? It's your RP too, so input is always appreciated :D
56854117.jpg

If we end up going this route, dibs on Jim. I've insulted him too much to see him slip away.

I usually don't like playing multiple characters unless I have some concept that binds them together, but if others want to do it, go for it.

Also yes, I already love your unwritten post, Elendra. I have faith in our most glorious leader.

Playing multiple characters isn't my thing, but I welcome those who are up for it.

56854117.jpg

If we end up going this route, dibs on Jim. I've insulted him too much to see him slip away.
Well, Jim was technically left in my hands as either NPC or dead, so I guess if no one has a problem with it, he's yours.

Granted, now that means I'mma pester you to post for him.

So what about Eli? Does anyone want to usurp him? Or have another character swapped in? Or just let me NPC him? Or retcon him out, or something? He's not done much yet except be in a bad spot.

Well, Jim was technically left in my hands as either NPC or dead, so I guess if no one has a problem with it, he's yours.

Granted, now that means I'mma pester you to post for him.
I'm beginning to have second thoughts on this. While I continue thinking those thoughts, have a confused old man.

Alias: Sloth

Heroic Motivation: A brutal combination of dementia and Alzheimer's.

Name: Buck Jimley

Sex: Male

Appearance: That thing over there (from ~36 years ago). ->​

Biography: Buck's life feels exciting, and it's been driving him crazy. He works at a spy agency in the Bishop District, he has three Master's and two PhD's, and he lives in a small mansion in the east part of Rook Island. His friends are exciting, his family is exciting, his girlfriend is exciting, his job is exciting, everything in the world seems to deviate the way he wants it to. Except at night. At night, Buck lounges around the city, looking for things to claim, stretch across, and doze off on. It's the one thing in his rushed life that brings peace and quiet to the world. For the low price of a pair of bath slippers and pajama clothes, he gets easy sleep for cheap. He's gotten in trouble for it a handful of times, especially in areas that don't allow the "hobby", and he's seen the inside of the police precinct more than once. It doesn't stop him though. His late night rests are what keep him going. They prevent execution by excitement. He just wishes, he could do it more than three times a week. They feed the peace-seeking addiction Jim otherwise can't afford and in the recent months, he's been giving up a few responsibilities just to do it. Call it a problem or an addiction, it's been his life for the past four years. He's gotten pretty good at it too. Sure, he's had a couple of bad stares, some twisted nightmares, and one dislocated sofa cushion, but he's gotten better at it than when he started. Freeresting, as dumb and dangerous as it can be, it keeps him from losing it at his 9 to 5 job. Buck was actually on his way to work when the blast went off.

Primary Archetype: Hunter
Secondary Archetype: Warrior

Manifestation: The blast event made some funny changes to Buck's body. Instead of something new being added, the blast simply impaired what was already there. Buck's senses became much less attentive, but the one that got the biggest decline was (oddly enough) his sense of smell. His body was worsened by taking the receptors that picked up all these inputs and it worsened their efficiency as well as made less of them. This is what makes him a senior citizen. Buck's endurance also saw a decline. By changing his musculature in the same way it changed his sensory receptors, the blast gave him near paralytic strength. His muscles can now work shorter with more strain and fatigue. Strength has deteriorated as well, but the focus seemed to be on endurance.

Primary Empowerments:
Secondary Empowerments:

Primary Power Moves:
Secondary Power Moves:

Signature: Like last time, I, Sir Stopwatched III Esquire, being of relatively sound mind and body on this day of the 22nd of April in the year Two Thousand and Fifteen (2015), agree to the terms Elendra has proposed and leave the fate of Sir Buck Jimley of Kuakilla in their capable hands.[/hr]

If this joke motherfucker gets accepted... I swear to god, Elendra. Chilled tomato paste for days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll go ahead and throw together another CS too. If needed, I can also control Parasyte in certain situations, or in general if you'd like, to smooth out transitions and such.