American Paragons Redux

How many times I just snorted at Buck Jimley.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
So... No, forget all my ramblings. Make Jim an NPC, @Elendra, if no one else wants him. One character's enough! For now.

I'll go ahead and throw together another CS too. If needed, I can also control Parasyte in certain situations, or in general if you'd like, to smooth out transitions and such.
I don't think it's absolutely necessary for you to control Parasyte, but you may be prodded by me every once in a while for questions on how / what she'd do involving things. More choose your own adventure than RP.

Second characters are still good; they don't have to be the same characters that were left! That said, at least having a new secondary PC to replace Jim properly would be great >.>

Eli doesn't need the secondary PC replacement as much.

Well, now you make it sound like you didn't want Buck Jimley to be accepted.
If you want to replace Jim with a 60 year old man struggling to maintain consciousness two stories up, I will play him to death. His death. Which would probably be within a week.

HEY ELENDRY MY FRIEND MAY WANNA BE IN THIS. He's gonna check it out later, if that's cool.

Also stop with the sick. EVERYONE. STRENGTHEN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEMS.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Yo, update that tags everyone

@Stopwatched @LVL1337N00B @Valhalla @Zombehs @Holmishire

Okay so I'm putting off the next IC by me until after Valhalla and Noob's friend decide if they're making (another/first) characters so I can switcheroo them into the IC as if they were always there or something.

So if they do make a character, they won't need to do an IC post with them for this round. Next round, yes. Because then they're properly in.

That said, an important note in case you were thinking otherwise:

The RP isn't dead.

And if they aren't doing that, then I'll work with what I have and we'll continue as is.

N00b's friend is reading through the IC. He's got a nifty idea for his manifestation, I think you're gonna like it if/when he brings it to you for review, Elendra.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
SO HEY, who was it that dropped? Pinkleton and Dusk?

Heya, I'm the aforementioned 'N00b's friend', just thought I'd poke my head in and say I'm working on a character sheet. I'll hopefully get it up today, though it might take me a bit because I been outta the RP game for a bit and I'm a tad rusty. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to join in though!

SO HEY, who was it that dropped? Pinkleton and Dusk?
Correct.
Heya, I'm the aforementioned 'N00b's friend', just thought I'd poke my head in and say I'm working on a character sheet. I'll hopefully get it up today, though it might take me a bit because I been outta the RP game for a bit and I'm a tad rusty. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to join in though!
No problem! Thank you for joining! If you have any questions or need help, I'm more than glad to answer/help as need be.

Edward "Mire" Cartwright

Alias: "Mire"

Heroic Motivation: Though he wouldn't admit it, Ed feels some obligation to help out in light of the current crisis. Uncharacteristic for a slacker like himself, it only took mass devastation to bring out the motivated side of himself. Better late than never.

Name: Edward Cartwright

Sex: Male

Appearance: Tall and swarthy, Cartwright rocks the unkempt look, though it's dubious as to whether he does this on purpose or not; His long hair tied into dreadlocks for convenience, facial hair scraggly and untamed, and little thought given to his wardrobe beyond "Am I wearing pants or not?" It's unusual to see him without his set of cheap shades as well, even at night when they're a tad unnecessary. Guess he's a bit of a poser.

After the blast event, his skin's taken on a faint greenish tinge, likely a side effect of his strange powers. Hasn't done his breath any favors, either.

Biography: Always the slacker, Ed cared little about getting a proper education, even in his early years. He much preferred the simpler things: Pizza, video games, comic books, later alcohol and other adult pursuits. His brothers could go on to be pillars of the community, doctors, lawyers, etcetera. He himself was content to live by meagre means, making just enough money manning the newsie he'd worked at for nearly a decade.

At the time of the Blast Event, Ed was, predictably, doing nothing of importance, playing some new game on the newest console at the time. After one particularly frustrating level, the power in his apartment suddenly went out. His last memory before the catastrophe would be hoping he remembered to save... as if that'd be the biggest of his problems.

He regained consciousness sometime later, awakening under a smoldering pile of plaster and wood that he quickly dug himself out of, stumbling in a daze through his ruined home to find the way out. He was unable to pry the front door open, as it must've been blocked in some manner during the course of the catastrophe. He scrambled to the windows, but to no avail as they'd been blockaded by rubble as well. The panic burnt in his gut, pacing about, trying to find some means of escape and coming up short.

It became too much for him, doubling over from the anxiety, preparing to retch. The sensation stung far worse than it ever had before, even for one who often drank cheap liquor and was used to it. His eyes watered, then widened as it wasn't that afternoon's entree of fine junk food that hit the floor, but rather a glowing, green liquid that splattered on the kitchen linoleum and sizzled, eating away at the ground like a burning acid and leaving a nicely formed hole, conveniently opening up the level below.

Dumbfounded, he reflexively wiped his mouth with his sleeve, the substance eating away at the cloth but leaving his skin unblemished. Despite his confusion, Ed didn't waste any time, dropping through the newly created exit, eventually finding his way the hell out of the collapsed building.

Primary Archetype: Warrior
Secondary Archetype: Tanker

Manifestation: To put it simply, Ed's become a living sludge pile. His stomach acid, for example, has become corrosive to whatever (or whomever) it comes into contact with. His blood, now a dark green hue rather than the usual crimson, has a similar, albeit far more subdued effect. While his, er, fluids are dangerous to others, he seems to be immune to their effects himself, luckily enough for his sake.

Along with his serious case of rotgut, his body has taken on a strange squishy quality, far more flexible than he's ever been. His malleable skin can shrug off simple punches, minor cuts and the like resealing themselves with some ease.

Primary Empowerments: None yet.
Secondary Empowerments: None yet.

Signature: In sights of gods and men, I ConstructPylons, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, do hereby relinquish the fate of my character to Elendra, the one true GM and ruler of the thread.

>Hopefully everything there's sound. Lemme know if I need to change anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward Cartwright
Only a few changes necessary. Story-wise? Blast happened during the day, not evening/night.

With regards to powers, you're getting a bit too much oomph to start. I'd say based on your arrangement you should either drop toxic immunity OR the minor injury immunity with regards to your Tankerness, and slow down the corrosive speed of his blood and bile to start, specifically the blood. Also while it was mentioned in your bio that the bioslime doesn't hurt you, you should probably include that in your manifestations just for posterity.

If I had to force you to pick which thing to drop, it'd probably be the toxic immunity not the squishy defence. But it's your choice which because both options are fine.

• Useful
Reactions: Voices of Nerat
@Elendra
Gotcha, made some changes to the sheet. I was gonna make the timing more ambiguous, dunno why I forgot to change that.

And I figure I'll just say the first time he coughed up his acid was a bit more powerful because it was building up and he was panicking. He won't normally be able to just melt through stuff that quickly with his toxic spit. That fair?

And I figure I'll just say the first time he coughed up his acid was a bit more powerful because it was building up and he was panicking. He won't normally be able to just melt through stuff that quickly with his toxic spit. That fair?
Sounds fair enough to me. Looks like you're in. Now, the question; Do you want to be switched in to Jim's spot up at the second floor ledge making 'gross' person switch, or down where El-- actually after thinking it over, with your obvious and distressful changes it feels like you need to be placed where Jim was because the guys would've likely noticed you if you were down right next to them.

Which means if @Valhalla does the thing, switch in for Eli.

Was she planning to make another character? I think I missed that, maybe.

Also, I think our characters going on about the stench would be more justified now that Mire is taking Jim's place.