• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
And now,

For news completely unrelated to the RP,

POKEMON GO IS OUT NOW. POKEMON GO IS OUT NOW. *banging pots and pans* THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
power-drill-1.jpg

This, on the other hand, is a drill.

Reactions: Luma
Name: Zito Marcell

Race: terran

Persuasion: cups

Element: earth

Zodiac sign: Pisces

she's a bit smaller than your average Terran, thin and on the short side (between 5'4" and 5'5"). She has very light brown fur and bright blue eyes. Her cup size is A. she wears her hair longer than your average Terran female as well, with it hanging to below her shoulder blades. She often wears it in a half-ponytail braid and she'll put flowers in it. Being raised in a human village she always wears clothes but she doesn't like them so she generally wears as little as possible, like a short dress that barely reaches her knees or a loose blouse and short skirt. Being an archer she will often have a quiver on her shoulder and her bow on her back.

she has a bow made of wood that she made herself, she spent a very long time making it and is rather proud of the weapon. She also has a short sword that she keeps on her person if she needs to go out in case she is forced into melee combat.

Arrow of stone - Using her raw earth magic she can form an 'arrow' of stone (more stick shaped with a little indent at the end with which to nock it. It is very crude and won't always fly straight but she only uses it as a last resort.

Wooden arrow – using raw earth magic she can pull nearby wood to form a crude arrow, it will fly better than a stone arrow but isn't perfect, there's still a higher chance she'll miss then when using a proper arrow.

Archer's perch – she uses the environment around her to get her to higher ground (whether by forming a pillar of stone (which is the most difficult form of it) or perhaps making steps on the side of a tree, or she could try making a pillar of dirt but it will be very unstable and she has to be very careful. Getting the upper ground is meant to get her out of melee combat and give her a better view of her enemies.

Gust of wind – a spell she learned from her mother which she uses to add more force to an arrow after it is shot to help it pierce further into a target and do more damage. It requires careful concentration and she needs to be able to watch the direct path of the arrow in order to send the wind along it, if she's off she'll knock the arrow out of air.

Stoneskin – a defense spell her mother taught her, it covers her skin in a protective layer of rock to help deflect damage. It does not give perfect coverage, being more like armour so there are weak points in it where there would be in proper armor (back of the knees, armpits, along the neck, ext). this also means she can still move. it's not exceptionally strong either, it simply gives her some minor protection from attacks.

Poison shot – a spell she found in a book in the Atvance library that will enchant an arrow with a weak poison, not enough to kill but it will definitely hurt. It requires a piece of a poisonous plant to be on the caster and they can't move while the arrow is being enchanted or the spell fails.

Zito is the 5th child of a pair of Terran parents living in Atvance. her mother was a spell-caster and her father was a farmer and a craftsman. He would sell toys and instruments to the local humans, who loved them for their fine detail and craftsmanship. In addition to a small farm of his own he would assist others with theirs if asked. He also apprenticed with the blacksmith when able, wanting to know how to craft more things and more easily be able to provide for his family.

Zito was the youngest child and only girl, so while her siblings went out to help provide for the family and make families of their own, she was generally kept at home because she was the 'baby' of the family. Her father taught her how to craft things and her mother helped to nurture her raw magic and tried to teach her some spells.

Despite this she really wanted to help her family herself so when her elder brothers went out hunting she demanded she go with and so they taught her how to use a bow and even when she was kept at home she practiced often. She used her raw earth magic to help her mold her own bow, which was supple but strong. She also convinced a human fletcher to teach her how to make arrows of her own, in case she needs them while not in town. She's definitely not a professional but her arrows are serviceable.

She longs to get out and see the world but doesn't have the means to go anywhere on her own. she's very friendly and kinda, almost motherly to everyone she meets. she's very emotional. she's very trusting but not naive and is aware people will try to take advantage of her trusting nature

Other:
she knows how to play flute. She likes crafting instruments and figurines from dead wood. She also knows how to sculpt clay though she hardly ever does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Name: Zito

Race: terran

Persuasion: cups

Element: earth

Zodiac sign: Pisces

she's a bit smaller than your average Terran, thin and on the short side. She has very light brown fur and bright blue eyes. Her cup size is A. she wears her hair longer than your average Terran female as well, with it hanging to below her shoulder blades. She often wears it in a half-ponytail braid and she'll put flowers in it. Being raised in a human village she always wears clothes but she doesn't like them so she generally wears as little as possible, like a short dress that barely reaches her knees or a loose blouse and short skirt. Being an archer she will often have a quiver on her shoulder and her bow on her back.

she has a bow made of wood that she made herself, she spent a very long time making it and is rather proud of the weapon. She also has a short sword that she keeps on her person if she needs to go out in case she is forced into melee combat.

Arrow of stone - Using her raw earth magic she can form an 'arrow' of stone (more stick shaped with a little indent at the end with which to nock it. It is very crude and won't always fly straight but she only uses it as a last resort.

Wooden arrow – using raw earth magic she can pull nearby wood to form a crude arrow, it will fly better than a stone arrow but isn't perfect, there's still a higher chance she'll miss then when using a proper arrow.

Archer's perch – she uses the environment around her to get her to higher ground (whether by forming a pillar of stone (which is the most difficult form of it) or perhaps making steps on the side of a tree, or she could try making a pillar of dirt but it will be very unstable and she has to be very careful. Getting the upper ground is meant to get her out of melee combat and give her a better view of her enemies.

Gust of wind – a spell she learned from her mother which she uses to add more force to an arrow after it is shot to help it pierce further into a target and do more damage. It requires careful concentration and she needs to be able to watch the direct path of the arrow in order to send the wind along it, if she's off she'll knock the arrow out of air.

Stoneskin – a defense spell her mother taught her, it covers her skin in a protective layer of rock to help deflect damage. It does not give perfect coverage as she can still move.

Poison shot – a spell she found in a book in the Atvance library that will enchant an arrow with a weak poison, not enough to kill but it will definitely hurt. It requires a piece of a poisonous plant to be on the caster and they can't move while the arrow is being enchanted or the spell fails.

Zito is the 5nd child of a pair of Terran parents living in Atvance. her mother was a spell-caster and her father was a farmer and a craftsman. He would sell toys and instruments to the local humans, who loved them for their fine detail and craftsmanship. In addition to a small farm of his own he would assist others with theirs if asked. He also apprenticed with the blacksmith when able, wanting to know how to craft more things and more easily be able to provide for his family.

Zito was the youngest child and only girl, so while her siblings went out to help provide for the family and make families of their own, she was generally kept at home because she was the 'baby' of the family. Her father taught her how to craft things and her mother helped to nurture her raw magic and tried to teach her some spells.

Despite this she really wanted to help her family herself so when her elder brothers went out hunting she demanded she go with and so they taught her how to use a bow and even when she was kept at home she practiced often. She used her raw earth magic to help her mold her own bow, which was supple but strong. She also convinced a human fletcher to teach her how to make arrows of her own, in case she needs them while not in town. She's definitely not a professional but her arrows are serviceable.

She longs to get out and see the world but doesn't have the means to go anywhere on her own. she's very friendly and kinda, almost motherly to everyone she meets. she's very emotional. she's very trusting but not naive and is aware people will try to take advantage of her trusting nature

Other:
she knows how to play flute. She likes crafting instruments and figurines from dead wood. She also knows how to sculpt clay though she hardly ever does it.

Mmm... Well, I'm feeling kind of out-of-it right now (toooo much Pokemon-hunting for one day, methinks), but, I gave your CS a quick read, and... there don't seem to be any glaring issues?

I don't trust myself to be thorough enough to officially approve it, though. So... I can probably approve it. But, since I won't be able to edit the accepted list until tomorrow anyway, I'll give it another look then.

Which reminds me... I'm pretty sure there's another accepted CS that I totally forgot to edit onto the list when I had the chance. >.> Oh well... I'm much too dazed to worry about it right now. @_@

Mmm... Well, I'm feeling kind of out-of-it right now (toooo much Pokemon-hunting for one day, methinks), but, I gave your CS a quick read, and... there don't seem to be any glaring issues?

I don't trust myself to be thorough enough to officially approve it, though. So... I can probably approve it. But, since I won't be able to edit the accepted list until tomorrow anyway, I'll give it another look then.

Which reminds me... I'm pretty sure there's another accepted CS that I totally forgot to edit onto the list when I had the chance. >.> Oh well... I'm much too dazed to worry about it right now. @_@
ok :) i can wait

Everything looks good to me! Accepted! ^^ I'll add you to the official accepted list later.
pokepokepokepokepokepokepoke

Don't get sunstroke!

I will be working on a character, but s/he probably won't be up til next week cause of my INSANE work schedule. Saturday I'm working FOURTEEN hours. @_@

Yay, more characters; friends for Kiri....or rivals. Also, 14 hours?! I sure hope you're getting some good overtime there.

Yay, more characters; friends for Kiri....or rivals. Also, 14 hours?! I sure hope you're getting some good overtime there.
HAHAHA overtime...for a 16 year old? If only dreams could come true :*)

Aren't there supposed to be, like... really strict laws regarding how many hours a minor is allowed to work...? Laws that would definitely prevent you from being so brutally overworked?

That's the case in the US, anyway...

Aren't there supposed to be, like... really strict laws regarding how many hours a minor is allowed to work...? Laws that would definitely prevent you from being so brutally overworked?
We have stringent laws on it as well in Ireland for under 16's and under 18's.

If I remember correctly (Unlikely) you're only allowed to work like a maximum eight hours a day with at least three forty minute breaks.

Oh Power Naps, My old friend...

Stoneskin – a defense spell her mother taught her, it covers her skin in a protective layer of rock to help deflect damage. It does not give perfect coverage as she can still move.
I feel like I should ask how much rock is really covering her. The first thing that comes to mind when I hear "covers her skin in a protective layer of rock" is, like, enough to make her look like a golem (which might be a bit too OP, besides), but you said she can still move, so... is it more like rock armor, where there are still holes and weak spots? Or is it just a much thinner layer of rock than I initially imagined, making it function more like a protective layer of dirt or sand?

Other than that, everything here looks good! ^^ You'll probably be accepted just fine once you can clarify that one thing for me.

Is it okay to use real life photos? :s
Then I'm sorry, but I won't be making a character.
Coming back to this:

I do think I should reiterate that you don't need to include images of any kind if you don't want to. In fact, not having any images at all actually makes my job a bit easier, since it seems that images often just cause more problems than anything else, at least in this RP...

So, if the issue here stems from, say, not wanting to use artwork from an outside source, then you don't have to worry about anything. A verbal description will do just fine. ^^"

Also, I added Raymond to the accepted list, finally. ^^

Reactions: Eruantien
If you're 13-15, then yes. You can only work a maximum of six hours with one hour-long break. That's why most don't hire until you're 16. Think of it this way. When you're 16, you can drop out of high school, and you can emancipate yourself from your family. If you do, you need to be able to prove to a judge that you can provide for yourself, and you can't do that if you can't work as much as an adult. Because of this, they don't have hardly any laws for 16 and 17 year olds--just some kinds of work you can't perform until you're 18.

Oh the joys of the work force. xD

I feel like I should ask how much rock is really covering her. The first thing that comes to mind when I hear "covers her skin in a protective layer of rock" is, like, enough to make her look like a golem (which might be a bit too OP, besides), but you said she can still move, so... is it more like rock armor, where there are still holes and weak spots? Or is it just a much thinner layer of rock than I initially imagined, making it function more like a protective layer of dirt or sand?

Other than that, everything here looks good! ^^ You'll probably be accepted just fine once you can clarify that one thing for me.
i imagined it more like armour with weak spots and the like, and it's not exceptionally strong either, just enough to stop her from getting skewered as easily, should i change the description to say that?

No, I only use characters from my archive and I prefer having images to reference on. I'll only be around for graphic/art needs from now on~

i imagined it more like armour with weak spots and the like, and it's not exceptionally strong either, just enough to stop her from getting skewered as easily, should i change the description to say that?

Mmm, yeah, you might as well elaborate a bit on that.

Name: Victarion Varus
Race: Avian
Persuasion: Swords
Element: Wind
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius

Appearance:
Somewhat enforcing an Avian stereotype, Victarion is tall even compared to other Avivans. Along with his rather intricately designed cloak that covers him. These two together generally create an intimidating shadowy figure. His smiles are warm, betraying the rest of his features

His eyes are cold and sharp with an icy blue colour. Giving off an unwelcoming vibe.

The feathers on the top of his head have an unusual strong Sapphire tint.

Victarion has a thin scar along his right eye.

Weapons/other combat abilities:
-Wind Enchanted Scimitar (The sword itself creates cutting wind slashes)
-Spell that sucks air out of target (Requires prolonged physical contact) -
-Flight and Claws (Avians all up in your grill yo)
-Skilled with Raw Wind Magic
-Extremely Agile

Bio:

Victarion always felt like there was something missing. Something inside him. Inside his soul. There was a voice telling him to go out there and learn. To know the secrets of the world. Victarion himself felt like there was something missing from himself. A small part of him that never had to chance to keep.

He never felt like he was apart of his clan. Every person, every connection, every relationship he had felt...unsatisfactory. It hurt him. People thinking that he had an inability to empathise with people. This sense of un-trust from others had driven him across the lands in search of an answer on what the meaning of the soul is. To find a purpose in life.

He had found a particular interest in the Gods. Such as Eterna, who in the eyes of Victarion has found something. As they seem to have a complete lack of interest in outside matters. Never have they needed to search. A dream in Varus' eyes.

Much to the foretelling of the people he grew up with. Victarion finds little difficulty in the moral sense of hurting people who he decides deserve it. He does not think too much of taking lost things. In simplicity, Victaraion is a scavenger of the lands. Whether it be carriage leftovers from a bandit attack or other objects and items that from his view were left by people who can no longer use them.

He has travelled among numerous towns learning what he can, what he felt interested him. Floating around with almost no actual meaning.

He looks upon people he views as lacking in the intelligence sector with pity. The same with Hybrids, as he sees them as never having a chance to fully experience life.

Varus can come off as cruel or uncaring to others. And it often seems he is more bothered by people then happy with them. The fact that sometimes he finds amusement in the worst of situations often leads to the appearance of a heartless man. (When in all honesty, he just finds humour in strange places)

He is vaguely curious in most things he finds in his travelling, and almost seems to view strangers as puzzles rather then actual people at first.

---

Woopie woo, that should be it. Please tell me of anything I need to fix obviously. I need to go sleep, the sun's coming up. There's probably something that I messed up.

Let's hope I don't wake up and see a horrific mess through sober eyes.

(You know, spending three hours just looking at mom-swap fanart doesn't help the amount of sleep I get)

Even if it's super adorable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Name: Victarion Varus
Race: Avian
Persuasion: Swords
Element: Wind
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius

Appearance:
Somewhat enforcing an Avian stereotype, Victarion is tall even compared to other Avivans. Along with his rather intricately designed cloak that covers him. These two together generally create an intimidating shadowy figure. His smiles are warm, betraying the rest of his features

His eyes are cold and sharp with an icy blue colour. Giving off an unwelcoming vibe.

The feathers on the top of his head have an unusual strong Sapphire tint.

Victarion has a thin scar along his right eye.

Weapons/other combat abilities:
-Wind Enchanted Scimitar (The sword itself creates cutting wind slashes)
-Spell that sucks air out of target (Requires prolonged physical contact) - ((Can this just be done with Raw Magic?)
-Flight and Claws (Avians all up in your grill yo)
-Skilled with Raw Wind Magic
-Extremely Agile

Bio:

Victarion always felt like there was something missing. Something inside him. Inside his soul. There was a voice telling him to go out there and learn. To know the secrets of the world. Victarion himself felt like there was something missing from himself. A small part of him that never had to chance to keep.

He never felt like he was apart of his clan. Every person, every connection, every relationship he had felt...unsatisfactory. It hurt him. People thinking that he had an inability to empathise with people. This sense of un-trust from others had driven him across the lands in search of an answer on what the meaning of the soul is. To find a purpose in life.

He had found a particular interest in the Gods. Such as Eterna, who in the eyes of Victarion has found something. As they seem to have a complete lack of interest in outside matters. Never have they needed to search. A dream in Varus' eyes.

Much to the foretelling of the people he grew up with. Victarion finds little difficulty in the moral sense of hurting people who he decides deserve it. He does not think too much of taking lost things. In simplicity, Victaraion is a scavenger of the lands. Whether it be carriage leftovers from a bandit attack or other objects and items that from his view were left by people who can no longer use them.

He has travelled among numerous towns learning what he can, what he felt interested him. Floating around with almost no actual meaning.

He looks upon people he views as lacking in the intelligence sector with pity. The same with Hybrids, as he sees them as never having a chance to fully experience life.

Varus can come off as cruel or uncaring to others. And it often seems he is more bothered by people then happy with them. The fact that sometimes he finds amusement in the worst of situations often leads to the appearance of a heartless man. (When in all honesty, he just finds humour in strange places)

He is vaguely curious in most things he finds in his travelling, and almost seems to view strangers as puzzles rather then actual people at first.

---

Woopie woo, that should be it. Please tell me of anything I need to fix obviously. I need to go sleep, the sun's coming up. There's probably something that I messed up.

Let's hope I don't wake up and see a horrific mess through sober eyes.

(You know, spending three hours just looking at mom-swap fanart doesn't help the amount of sleep I get)

Even if it's super adorable.
I MISREAD MOM-SWAP AS MOM-SWAMP AND I WAS VERY CONFUSED AND CONCERNED.

But I know what mom-swap is, so it's all good.

Anyway, this looks good to me! As for the question about sucking the air out of people's lungs... Yeah, I feel like that would be rather difficult to do with raw magic -- assuming you're really making an effort to suffocate someone and not just, like, knock the wind out of them for a second.

So yeah, if you're really aiming for something similar to that scene from Legend of Korra that was probably the reason why they stopped showing it on TV -- a spell would probably make the most sense.