• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah crap. I totally forgot that I needed to finish this character. I have what I was kinda thinking about having for the book's powers and curse if you want. I was in the process of narrowing stuff down so I don't have too many descriptions of the powers yet, but if you need something like that I can explain to you what each one would entail. I have a bit of homework tonight so I'm not sure if I can be done with it by today, but definitely by tomorrow.

Character Sheet: Heavy WIP
[spoili]Name: ?
Appearance: ?
History Before Being picked up:
Source of Knowledge about mythology:Was a fan of horror, which eventually led them to them getting heavily invested in studying the inspirations for their favorite horror novels and movies, which eventually led to them getting heavily invested in "Lovecraftian" horror.
Personality:

Grimoire/Goetia
Name:The Necronomicon, The Kitab al Azif, The Book of Dead Names
Common Name: The List(Whatever your character calls it)

Appearance: (It must look like a book of some kind)

Description: (what does the book pertain to, what language is it written in, does it have any unique features, how does your character carry it)

Weak Powers: (These are the powers that the character may invoke without activating the cost, You may have up to 5 some examples are listed below)
  • Summoning a minor Eldritch Horror
  • Making the invisible visible and the intangible tangible for a brief period of time
  • Being able to travel into another's dreams
  • Able to warp a person's sense of reality for a short amount of time in order to create minor illusions
  • The Zoan Chant: a spell designed to temporarily protect a person or place from forces that seek to harm it

Curse: The Necronomicon is filled with the secrets of unimaginable horrors beyond the limits of human knowledge. Horrifying nightmares of Eldritch Horrors is an immediate effect of being in possession of the Necronomicon. The longer the book is in one's possession, the more connected they are to it, often becoming obsessed with it and feeling a sense of dread when it is not on their person. As one begins read the book, they will start to hear whispers from the Crawling Chaos, tempting them to continue using its knowledge to gain power. Soon after these whispers comes a sense of paranoia and the feeling of being watched when no one is around. Continuing to use the book's power will cause their nightmares to become more vivid as occasionally causing the user to do things at night that they only remember as a mere nightmare. The whispers will also become increasingly more frequent and the owner will begin to see shadows of things that aren't there. Visions of the Great Old Ones and Outer Gods will fill their dreams, tempting the user to worship them and perform rituals in their name. Allowing one's self to give in to this temptation will in most cases result in physical transformations (transforming into a creature such as a Deep One, a saytr-like being, or a ghoul), becoming less human if they choose to worship one of these ancient beings. After a certain amount of time, not giving into these temptations can cause delusions as the line between fantasy and reality begins to fade for the user. Reading the book in it's entirety causes a human to go insane, for the entirety of the knowledge it possesses is far too great for the mind of a human to comprehend.

Major Powers: (You can list as many as you like but the stronger they are, the harder the curse will bite)
  • Forbidden Knowledge
  • The Hoy-Dhin Chant
  • Raising and Exercising the Dead
  • Mind Transference
  • Summon Major Eldrich Horror
  • Opening Portals
[/spoili]

Not to fussed about the powers as -so far, just be aware that summoned creatures are not under your control.

"Great! We're starting!" That's right... you're on. Although, we would like a few ins and outs of the role playing thread. As this is our FIRST time ever role playing in this site, we would like a few beginer's instructions. "Yeah chief... I literally have no idea what to do... do I just type in stuff in there without ruining the plot and doing something really exaggerated?"

Just behave normally, act as you would act, try and type more than half a paragraph. Don't post without letting 2 people post after your last post. try not to godmod, metagame, or power play. and don't murder the plot, other players or the sense of realism.

"Alright chief! I'm itching! So bad!!" Calm down, don't ruin it... Just act normally like Eddi said. "I'll make you proud pa!"

I'll try and get a post up today, school has been hindering me.

Still looking for more? I can begin researching for my character/grimoire tomorrow morning. I'm in the same boat as Samrah insofar as this will be my first roleplay on the site, but it seems to be right up my alley.

Been quite a few months already... is this thing still going? "Man, I've been caught up existing in the realms (Playing a game called Genesus MUD) that we haven't checked here either." Anyway, still hoping for more people to show up. "Especially women!" Right... especially women... *sigh*.

Yeah... it's almost 2 months already since this RP started... "Yeah... I'm a bit anxious to wonder what happened. The story barely started and it's already been halted." Indeed... this is the first RP we've been on and... well... we still hope it'll be successful. "Bring back the excitement! The old man is about to tell me what that shiny book thing is!"

Status
Not open for further replies.