All The King's Men Reboot

There will almost always be room. Go ahead and make your sheet~

Of course. But that is only when you are on mobile... no excuse not to select a part of it when on a PC/laptop ...
My excuse is that I'm lazy. Always will be. It's just faster for me to hit "Reply" and not click around and highlight text. My lazy moments in saving some seconds here and there add up for me to do other things with.

Liiiike this...

Sketchy mountains are sketchy. And currently colourless.

rRUWQ39.jpg

Smaller image this time - 'cause I used my brain first. @RainDash (and whomever else) I feel like I should add another small mountain range or two (and a few smaller "individuals"), but I can't decide where. Also, what other cities should I add in?

Is there still room for a female?
Welcome! ^^

Liiiike this...

Sketchy mountains are sketchy. And currently colourless.

rRUWQ39.jpg

Smaller image this time - 'cause I used my brain first. @RainDash (and whomever else) I feel like I should add another small mountain range or two (and a few smaller "individuals"), but I can't decide where. Also, what other cities should I add in?
Wow... That's really nice. It looks so polished. My own mapmaking skills feel a bit lackluster now. Is there any chance you might be willing to make a map for me in the future?

Edited for removal of the extra word.

Last edited:
@Eleyvan No, no, no... I'm not that good at it - do not feel mediocre. I can do line art. The end. By the time I get the geographical features added in it's going to look like a five year old got ahold of it. But if you still want me to, I will. Gods know I need the practice.

@Eleyvan No, no, no... I'm not that good at it - do not feel mediocre. I can do line art. The end. By the time I get the geographical features added in it's going to look like a five year old got ahold of it. But if you still want me to, I will. Gods know I need the practice.
It looks fantastic. :O
Although... what if we left the mountains sketchy? That would look realistic and neat.
I mean the mountains are already fantastic and the map is great too, but somehow I just really like the look of them sketchy mountains.

I work on this way when drawing or editing a drawn map in GIMP.

1. First I start with the coastlines
2. Then I move to the mountains and hills (if I make hills at all)
3. Then come rivers and lakes
4. Forests, deserts and other vegetation is next
5. Human influence is the next like settlements, forts, roads and railroads
6. Add borders or other stuff need for the map's setting.

I work on this way when drawing or editing a drawn map in GIMP.

1. First I start with the coastlines
2. Then I move to the mountains and hills (if I make hills at all)
3. Then come rivers and lakes
4. Forests, deserts and other vegetation is next
5. Human influence is the next like settlements, forts, roads and railroads
6. Add borders or other stuff need for the map's setting.
Mm, that's the general order I go with, too.

I just need to know where to put the rest of the mountains and cities. -Eyes Rain.-

Where you want this shiz? (And yes, I can leave them generally sketchy.)

I just need to know where to put the rest of the mountains and cities. -Eyes Rain.-
Go nuts. The last map I made I lost in a week. It had a lot less detail and I'm not a nuts and bolts person really. Long as the cities in Varnthorn are close to the border and the North has cities on the border I'm not too finicky.

I'm not sure I believe you about that. Or you know some of the most skilled five-year-olds in existence. So yes, but first I have to figure out where I want the countries to be. >.>

Reactions: Perfect Neglect
  • 878c704188c8efb167b3017c3c9b9ede-d3hmhkb.jpg

Diyanna is seen to have long wavy white hair that goes past her hips but its usually worn in an updo or a long braid with a purple flower ornament. Standing at 5''8 she has a slender yet curvy body that is usually covered with fitted purple fabric; usually short skirts with black fabric pants that stop mid-thigh. As a child she adored her lavender painted eyes and since then has been obsessed with the color. Her sense for jewelry goes for unique things, which include her favorite long beaded blue colored earring. Which she pierced and created herself. Diya has sleeves that aren't attached to her outfits usually, made with the fur of creatures she's possibly hunted in the past. She keeps her sword attached to her hip as well as a small little bag of money and the jewels she considers her pretty little treasures.

• Username: Karma200

Name: Diyanna

Race: Elf

Class: Mage

Specialization: Arcane Magic

Weapons: Wind tome, ice tome, lightning and ice tomes (I'm a bit confused, is there or is there not lightning? In the "types of magic" is doesn't have lightning but in the "Available Classes" there is lightning mentioned. Also... can I just put Arcane tomes-professional?)

Alliance: Neutral

Mount:
    doodle_153___chimera_by_giovannag-d6aoqvp.jpg

• While Diyanna is most definitely a flirt, there's a part of her that no one knows. When interacting with others she talks with confidence, an energy that would stun many and an elegance that would be shocking if she wasn't an elf. Diyanna considers herself a "lady among ladies" even though she most definitely doesn't mind getting her hands dirty if its necessary. With a large pride Diyanna refuses to ever bow down to someone, even if it means putting her life on the line. No way would she allow herself to be killed to have people whisper that she'd bent down and given someone who pointed death right in her face the chance to take her life away. Even though Diyanna has an open way of treating everyone she doesn't trust them but once you earn it, her loyalty goes deep and she feels more obliged to help protect them. Which isn't something she's to use to doing. At all. Diya tends to lie a lot to those she doesn't know, spinning a story of a life she believes would've been interesting to live or just making up what seems convenient. So its best not to believe every word she says... if you can even tell when she's lying. Despite her positive yet sarcastic way towards others Diyanna has her dark side. A side she herself dislikes but has accepted because if she didn't accept it, where would it go? When in battle Diyanna is merciless and doesn't mind cutting down an enemy that is begging for his/her life and later on she won't hesitate to allow the regret and anger rage within her. Once it bypasses she'll go back to how she usually is and tries not to think about it.

• Ah, this is a story Diyanna remembers well. A story that Diyanna prefers to keep closed and kept in the bookshelf of her mind. Since before her birth Diyanna's father truly hated human beings and while he put up with their own distaste towards his elfish kind, he worked hard and supported his small family that would soon be 3. At the age of 5 years old he got fed up and decided to leave the village (within Balefall)... as well as the family. Diyanna's mother had a strong dream to live in peace with the humans and for their kind to become one and so she never left the village. Growing up Diyanna didn't understand why humans disliked their kind as she was bullied and looked down upon by the human children, being called "dirty". It didn't take long before Diya started to fight back whenever the humans started a fight. Her "bad" behavior caused the people at her mother's job to gossip and criticize, talking horribly about the family of elves but it didn't take long until Diyanna learned. The negative lifestyle they lived took a toll on Diya's mother with each passing month and a week after Diyanna turned 8 years old she found her mother dead on the floor of her living room.

This forced Diyanna to learn how to take care of herself, not that she didn't know how but it only took half a month before the village found out her mother was dead and put their small house up for sale... after destroying it and rebuilding it. Diyanna didn't have time to weep for her mother as she had to learn how to get food on her own in the forest 30 minutes away from the village. Being alone Diya turned into a swift and silent thief known among the villagers as someone who seemed to slip into the shadows a second after she appeared. Because she didn't know much Diyanna traveled into the nearest Kingdom and hid within the shadows as she watched noble women walking around. She copied their manners, the way they spoke, dressed, presented themselves as well as how they manipulated one another. It was funny yet disturbing how humans could dislike other species while they themselves seemed to never truly get along.

Unfortunately a group of citizens came into the city and chased after Diyanna, she ran for her life and along the way Diya realized that she had the power of wind. Her interest in the element grew and it didn't take long until she thought of it as a friend, after getting the hang of it Diana spent her time trying to learn more. It took her 3 years to gain the other three elements. 5 years to control ice and lightening while fire took another 2 years to complete. By the time she was 17 years old she was a master of the elements and was enjoying the power so much that she never really thought of what to do with it. With those thoughts she decided not to fight for neither humans, mages or elves but for herself before traveling along the lands of Ellira. Along the way she obtained a Chimera mount at the age of 21 years old.
  • "We've been here forever
    And here's the frozen proof
    I could scream forever
    We are the poisoned youth"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Karyra
Question, can she be a professional on being an arcane mage? She's been practicing and exploring it since a child.

Question, can she be a professional on being an arcane mage? She's been practicing and exploring it since a child.

Yep, she can indeed specialize on being an arcane mage. That means no healing or dark magic however.

Another question xD what is your vision of a chimera? With or without wings? Because I can't find any good ones without wings o.o

Either way. I didn't write in chimeras, but if you can't find one with wings then we go without.

I apologize for the messiness of the tabs, first time using them (seen them on page 1) and if it the background is to long.

Err. If she discovered that she had magic your character would not have the power to fight the anti-mages yet. With a tome, certainly. But not without it.

@Karma200 I noticed your tabs were a bit messed up. I know BBcode can be a pain, so I cleaned them up for you. I hope you don't mind.

What it looks like:
[spoili]
  • 878c704188c8efb167b3017c3c9b9ede-d3hmhkb.jpg

Diyanna is seen to have long wavy white hair that goes past her hips but its usually worn in an updo or a long braid with a purple flower ornament. Standing at 5''8 she has a slender yet curvy body that is usually covered with fitted purple fabric; usually short skirts with black fabric pants that stop mid-thigh. As a child she adored her lavender painted eyes and since then has been obsessed with the color. Her sense for jewelry goes for unique things, which include her favorite long beaded blue colored earring. Which she pierced and created herself. Diya has sleeves that aren't attached to her outfits usually, made with the fur of creatures she's possibly hunted in the past. She keeps her sword attached to her hip as well as a small little bag of money and the jewels she considers her pretty little treasures.

• Username: Karma200

Weapons: Wind tome, ice tome, lightning and ice tomes (I'm a bit confused, is there or is there not lightning? In the "types of magic" is doesn't have lightning but in the "Available Classes" there is lightning mentioned. Also... can I just put Arcane tomes-professional?)

Mount:
    doodle_153___chimera_by_giovannag-d6aoqvp.jpg

• While Diyanna is most definitely a flirt, there's a part of her that no one knows. When interacting with others she talks with confidence, an energy that would stun many and an elegance that would be shocking if she wasn't an elf. Diyanna considers herself a "lady among ladies" even though she most definitely doesn't mind getting her hands dirty if its necessary. With a large pride Diyanna refuses to ever bow down to someone, even if it means putting her life on the line. No way would she allow herself to be killed to have people whisper that she'd bent down and given someone who pointed death right in her face the chance to take her life away. Even though Diyanna has an open way of treating everyone she doesn't trust them but once you earn it, her loyalty goes deep and she feels more obliged to help protect them. Which isn't something she's to use to doing. At all. Diya tends to lie a lot to those she doesn't know, spinning a story of a life she believes would've been interesting to live or just making up what seems convenient. So its best not to believe every word she says... if you can even tell when she's lying. Despite her positive yet sarcastic way towards others Diyanna has her dark side. A side she herself dislikes but has accepted because if she didn't accept it, where would it go? When in battle Diyanna is merciless and doesn't mind cutting down an enemy that is begging for his/her life and later on she won't hesitate to allow the regret and anger rage within her. Once it bypasses she'll go back to how she usually is and tries not to think about it.

• Ah, this is a story Diyanna remembers well. A story that Diyanna prefers to keep closed and kept in the bookshelf of her mind. Since before her birth Diyanna's father truly hated human beings and while he put up with their own distaste towards his elfish kind, he worked hard and supported his small family that would soon be 3. At the age of 5 years old he got fed up and decided to leave the village (within Balefall)... as well as the family. Diyanna's mother had a strong dream to live in peace with the humans and for their kind to become one and so she never left the village. Growing up Diyanna didn't understand why humans disliked their kind as she was bullied and looked down upon by the human children, being called "dirty". It didn't take long before Diya started to fight back whenever the humans started a fight. Her "bad" behavior caused the people at her mother's job to gossip and criticize, talking horribly about the family of elves but it didn't take long until Diyanna learned. The negative lifestyle they lived took a toll on Diya's mother with each passing month and a week after Diyanna turned 8 years old she found her mother dead on the floor of her living room.

This forced Diyanna to learn how to take care of herself, not that she didn't know how but it only took half a month before the village found out her mother was dead and put their small house up for sale... after destroying it and rebuilding it. Diyanna didn't have time to weep for her mother as she had to learn how to get food on her own in the forest 30 minutes away from the village. Being alone Diya turned into a swift and silent thief known among the villagers as someone who seemed to slip into the shadows a second after she appeared. Because she didn't know much Diyanna traveled into the nearest Kingdom and hid within the shadows as she watched noble women walking around. She copied their manners, the way they spoke, dressed, presented themselves as well as how they manipulated one another. It was funny yet disturbing how humans could dislike other species while they themselves seemed to never truly get along.

Unfortunately a group of citizens came into the city and chased after Diyanna, she ran for her life and along the way Diya realized that she had the power of wind. Her interest in the element grew and it didn't take long until she thought of it as a friend, after getting the hang of it Diana spent her time trying to learn more. It took her 3 years to gain the other three elements. 5 years to control ice and lightening while fire took another 2 years to complete. By the time she was 17 years old she was a master of the elements and was enjoying the power so much that she never really thought of what to do with it. With those thoughts she decided not to fight for neither humans, mages or elves but for herself before traveling along the lands of Ellira. Along the way she obtained a Chimera mount at the age of 21 years old.
  • "We've been here forever
    I could scream forever
    We are the poisoned youth"

[/spoili]

Copy+Paste:
[spoili][tabs][tab=Appearance][IMG]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/150/8/7/878c704188c8efb167b3017c3c9b9ede-d3hmhkb.jpg[/IMG]
Diyanna is seen to have long wavy white hair that goes past her hips but its usually worn in an updo or a long braid with a purple flower ornament. Standing at 5''8 she has a slender yet curvy body that is usually covered with fitted purple fabric; usually short skirts with black fabric pants that stop mid-thigh. As a child she adored her lavender painted eyes and since then has been obsessed with the color. Her sense for jewelry goes for unique things, which include her favorite long beaded blue colored earring. Which she pierced and created herself. Diya has sleeves that aren't attached to her outfits usually, made with the fur of creatures she's possibly hunted in the past. She keeps her sword attached to her hip as well as a small little bag of money and the jewels she considers her pretty little treasures.[/tab]

[tab=Basics]
Username: Karma200

Mount: [IMG]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/176/0/8/doodle_153___chimera_by_giovannag-d6aoqvp.jpg[/IMG][/tab]

[tab=Personality]
While Diyanna is most definitely a flirt, there's a part of her that no one knows. When interacting with others she talks with confidence, an energy that would stun many and an elegance that would be shocking if she wasn't an elf. Diyanna considers herself a "lady among ladies" even though she most definitely doesn't mind getting her hands dirty if its necessary. With a large pride Diyanna refuses to ever bow down to someone, even if it means putting her life on the line. No way would she allow herself to be killed to have people whisper that she'd bent down and given someone who pointed death right in her face the chance to take her life away. Even though Diyanna has an open way of treating everyone she doesn't trust them but once you earn it, her loyalty goes deep and she feels more obliged to help protect them. Which isn't something she's to use to doing. At all. Diya tends to lie a lot to those she doesn't know, spinning a story of a life she believes would've been interesting to live or just making up what seems convenient. So its best not to believe every word she says... if you can even tell when she's lying. Despite her positive yet sarcastic way towards others Diyanna has her dark side. A side she herself dislikes but has accepted because if she didn't accept it, where would it go? When in battle Diyanna is merciless and doesn't mind cutting down an enemy that is begging for his/her life and later on she won't hesitate to allow the regret and anger rage within her. Once it bypasses she'll go back to how she usually is and tries not to think about it.
[/tab]

[tab=Background]
Ah, this is a story Diyanna remembers well. A story that Diyanna prefers to keep closed and kept in the bookshelf of her mind. Since before her birth Diyanna's father truly hated human beings and while he put up with their own distaste towards his elfish kind, he worked hard and supported his small family that would soon be 3. At the age of 5 years old he got fed up and decided to leave the village (within Balefall)... as well as the family. Diyanna's mother had a strong dream to live in peace with the humans and for their kind to become one and so she never left the village. Growing up Diyanna didn't understand why humans disliked their kind as she was bullied and looked down upon by the human children, being called "dirty". It didn't take long before Diya started to fight back whenever the humans started a fight. Her "bad" behavior caused the people at her mother's job to gossip and criticize, talking horribly about the family of elves but it didn't take long until Diyanna learned. The negative lifestyle they lived took a toll on Diya's mother with each passing month and a week after Diyanna turned 8 years old she found her mother dead on the floor of her living room.

[/tab]

[tab=Other][COLOR=#00ff00][I]"We've been here forever
I could scream forever
We are the poisoned youth"[/I][/COLOR]
[MEDIA=youtube]LBr7kECsjcQ[/MEDIA]
[/tab]
[/tabs][/spoili]

Reactions: Perfect Neglect