All The King's Men Reboot

Seriously? The map looks fantastic. You shouldn't doubt it so much. It's not overwhelming in detail, things are clearly readable, it has a authentic and sketched look to it, and the details are pleasing. After seeing it, I'm about thrice as happy you said you would make a map for me sometime in the future. Well done! ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Neat map! I can't believe you don't think it's great.

I'm sorry... It started off decently, then I got to the forest/lake part and I just gave up.

Will this work for now? I'll try to clean it up later. ._. Sorry I'm so bad at geography, but I'm tired of looking at it.

If anyone else wants the .psd file to add better geography, I'll send it over.

MTTlmxd.jpg
This is the best freaking map ever. Q.Q

@RainDash What time of year is it? I imagine it's temperate in Kalico...but just curious as to the season. Also, are they in Kalico yet -- or are they in Kalico and just outside of Dunstan?

RainDash said:
It felt so peaceful in these woods just outside of Kalico's capital, Dunstan.

According to this sentence and your beautiful map, I assume they are in Kalico, just outside Dustan. I don't know forsure I could be wrong pls don't hurt me.

That's what I assumed - but the "tomorrow we're going into Kalico" bit threw me off. Just wanted to make sure.

I think you're right, though. @Fairy

I'm just gonna go with that...

@RainDash Last question, then I'll start on a post, I promise -- how long have they been traveling if they left from Portsmouth?

@RainDash What time of year is it? I imagine it's temperate in Kalico...but just curious as to the season. Also, are they in Kalico yet -- or are they in Kalico and just outside of Dunstan?
I believe that I've said it's summer, so it's almost the summer solstice.
Ah whoops. They're just a little ways away from Dunstan, less than a day's walk. So inside of Kalico definitely.

Do you guys want anything to happen here or just leave it as a nice intro to all the characters with a quick skip forward soon?

• Thank You
I vote for letting everyone adjust to each other for a few posts, then...uh... I dunno. Just before a festival, would bandits be a concern for such a small group?

Let's gather round the campfire and be awkward as fuck.

Reactions: Gossamer
That's the perfect opportunity for Mihai to tell embarrassing stories.

Reactions: Perfect Neglect
Sorry, Mihai, Lauchlan's just an ass sometimes. Feel free to pick on him.

The joy to be had.

One thing -- and you may not have meant it this way -- but does the "and a half" refer to Lauchlan? He's pissy and private about his heritage and I don't think anyone in the Wardens would know he's marked just yet. The only way that would likely happen would be if someone caught him shirtless and saw the brand on his chest. He needs to cling to his secrets for a while. He just wants to hide under his scarf.

Otherwise, have at.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more of a "I know this, but he doesn't and may or may find out later".

I really don't understand how I drew such a short, but somehow I'm a bit ill, again. I likely displeased a God or something similar. I shall attempt to get to a reply relatively soon. However, I may have to focus on my assignments first - thus, It could be a little longer than I'd like, though. If I hold you up, feel free to meta-game Ignatius a little @PetticoatLane.