All The King's Men Reboot

Wasn't it anti-mage before? Or was it neutral...? Funny how things work.

Mages must be more lovable than we anticipated.

Or they're using horrible, terrible mind magic to make us like them.

Wasn't it anti-mage before? Or was it neutral...? Funny how things work.

Mages must be more lovable than we anticipated.

It was neutral I think. With the mage tweaks people might be more amicable to mages plight.

Is there any reasonable opinion to be anti-mage besides "I don't know what it is so kill it," ?

Magic is pretty useful as long as everyone makes sure that the world doesn't get destroyed. No biggie.

• Useful
Reactions: Pastor ćhoi
"Magic killed my parents."

I think one should consider that magic is a thing which has very real dangers. Dangers which will kill you parents. Still, I think there are at least a few reasons which make sense for someone to be anti-mage. Although most of the reasons characters were anti-mage in the previous incarnation had to do personal tragedies, not all of them did. Aslaug and Vidar stand out.

Reactions: Perfect Neglect
"Magic killed my parents."
Rill's reasoning.

Besides that there's Dark magic too. Controlling demons willfully is pretty common, especially in places where mages have less freedom than others. Vanthorn for example. Dark mages are usually just mages who've escaped the Natrium, turning to spirits and demons for power enough to break free. They're often attacking villages there because of the injustices they've suffered.

*Gamers is having problems with the character limit.*
I would rly like to keep Sëríé, Yrïé and a reworked Aliese ... but I also have a few inspiration for new unique characters like:
1. A monster/wild creature tamer warrior/rouge?
2. A healer+herbalist+medic combo?
3. A rouge&mage hybrid?

So I am really torn between keeping the old characters and making new ones.
*Holds head in pain*
Ppl help! What should I do?!

Since we're starting sort of small, maybe pick two of your favorite/most developed characters or new concepts and use those?

I'd personally leave a spot in case I wanted to add someone later on in the plot. I'd also consider races/classes and what seems to fit best into the plot/with the characters we already have.

This is, again, just me but I feel that more love and development can/will be put into characters when there are fewer to focus on.

1. A monster/wild creature tamer warrior/rouge?
2. A healer+herbalist+medic combo?
3. A rouge&mage hybrid?
  1. Cool, but make sure to limit to two characters if you do that. The animals will count as one.
  2. Mage or just healer?
  3. No. Classes don't mix. If it was a spellword that would be another thing but they aren't fully fledged mages. A rogue and mage class won't mix.

... Having the old thread deleted sure messed up my scores.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Glad that I copied the sheets into wordpad before that happened. By the sound of it I cut it quite close.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Wow... there goes a lot I thought I earned.

Oh well, I guess. Can't get it back now. Let's spread some likes around.