Aldertree Institute for the Magically Distressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Thingtastic Ah, I see. Well, I would like to ask the same of you. What would you pick? As an additional question, what would your character pick?

@Vaila I'll try to work on a reply in a bit :3

Ok ok ok ok! Since apparently I haven't accepted some people's characters... Imma go through and accept all the ones that are good to go.

@Vaila - Clo is accepted.
@IceQueen - Alex is accepted. (But please change the power level from a 5 to a 4. 5 is for destroying the world type powers.)
@Thingtastic - Quinn is accepted. (But please change the power level to 1 as the curse only affects your character.)
@Iroh - Mason is accepted.
@Snowdrop - Lucas is accepted.
@EmiHarned - Piper is accepted. (3 works as it hurts her as well as others.)
@Shayla - Nice pictures xD Take your time finishing it.
@Iroh - Ivy is accepted.
@Gateman - Gideon is accepted.
@Lillium - Elle is accepted. But please change the power level from a 5 to a 4. 5 is for destroying the world type powers.)

Now that that's done! You can all go and check out the IC thread now... no excuses! (unless you have an actual excuse in which case take your time, my loves!) Click HERE!

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/aldertree-institute-for-the-magically-distressed.135535/
Will do

Reactions: Vaila
Okay. Sooooo. Someone from the institute is going to have to help Elle get settled in after her dad drops her off there.

....Or she'd probably wander around and trip over everything.

@Vaila, do you mind if I NPC a somewhat nameless/useless character who works there?

Sure, but my character's on the front step if you want to start up a conversation there. Feel free to create an NPC at the beginning, though.... I'll create a list of 'staff' members later for everyone to use.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lilium
Random question, if you had to choose which curse would you rather have? (of the characters' curses)
Probably the curse I made for myself. It's effective (make a loud noise, people get hurt), easy to activate, and the main weakness (it affects me as much as you) could be alleviated with something as simple as a gag and gun range quality earmuffs

Reactions: Mundane Monster
MEEEE I am still breathing!!!
@Thingtastic Ah, I see. Well, I would like to ask the same of you. What would you pick? As an additional question, what would your character pick?

@Vaila I'll try to work on a reply in a bit :3
I'd prefer IceQueen's character's power. But I'd probably become a hermit to avoid mauling people.
My character...Would probably opt for no curse at all but she would prefer Snow Drop's character's curse. Maybe knowing the exact date of her death would ease her anxiety. xD

I'm just depressed and busy, and cannot seem to focus on actual replies V.V

I'm planning to drink an eight ball's worth of caffeine today, so hopefully I can concentrate enough to post

I'll be leaving this. I don't think its for me.

I wish the rest of you all the best though^^

(#f5790c)
General Characteristics
:
Forename: Matrona (Mah-trow-na)
Meaning
: Lady-like
Middle name: Feliksevna (Fee-leaks-ev-na)
Meaning
: Happy
Surname: Alkaev (Al-cave)
Meaning
: To wish, to be wished
Title: Miss
Nickname(s): Maddie
Why?: It's just quicker to say.

Date of Birth: 13/02/1996
How old do they appear?: Early twenties.
How old do they act?: She tends to act much older than what she really is- decades older.

Ethnicity: Russian (Moldovan)
Nationality
: Russian
Religion: Agnostic
Sexual Preference: Asexual (Subject to change)
Native Language
: Russian
Spoken Language(s): She can no longer speak any language, but is fluent in both Russian and English.
Relationship Status: Single.

Place of Birth: Sochi, Russia
Current Residence: Ontario, Canada
Hometown: Sochi, Russia
Education: Two years of college
Employment: Artist (Sculpts, Paints.)

Blood Type: A-
Handed: Right
Physical Attributes:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: Underweight
Body: Slim shape- Overall narrow, athletic build.
Face: Heart shaped face- Straight nose, Thick eyebrows, Slightly pointed ears.
Hair: Hair passes the shoulders, usually dyed in multiple pastel colors and worn down.
Eyes: Hazel/Green, no glasses or contacts.
Skin Pigment: Tan/Pale depending on the month.
Skin Texture: Dry probably due to dehydration.
Flaws: Scars on her fingertips and hands.
Birthmarks: N/A
Body Modifications: N/A
Distinguishing Features: Has a few freckles along her cheeks and over the bridge of her nose, usually has words smudged on her skin.
Who does he/she take after physically?: Father.
Clothing Sizes: Tops- 42 Bottoms- 42 (European. Small US.)
Shoe Sizes
: 37 (European. 6.5 US.)
Bra Size
: 65B (European.)
Scent
: Lemon sugar cookies and grass.
Faceclaim(s):
Cursed RP2.jpg Cursed RP2-2.jpg
Mental Attributes:
Describe your character's personality in 5 words: Sad, Sarcastic, Friendly, Observant, Colorful.
Most Common Mood: Calm
Temperament: Stoical
Insecurities: Their curse and the effects of it.
How do they see themselves?: Useless.
How do they believe they are perceived by others?: Odd.
What would most embarrass them?: Affection.
Nervous tics: Taps her fingers.
Self-confidence level: 6/10
Self esteem level: 2/10
Persona: N/A
Fears: Not being able to please others.
Wishes: To be able to speak again and become a singer.
Optimist or Pessimist: Pessimist
Daredevil or Cautious: Cautious to an extent.
Logical or Emotional: Emotional.
Working or Relaxing:
Introvert or extrovert: In between.
Confident or Unsure?: Unsure
Night owl or Early bird: Early bird.
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat: Disorderly and Messy.
General sociability: Silent though approachable.
Patience level: 9/10
Biggest vulnerability: Not having some type of working pen or marker.
Sense of humor: She has a dark sense of humor though tends to stay out of situations that might cause her to laugh.
General attitude: Matrona is simply numb from what life forced upon her, but she does still have a fondness about certain things like animals, and sometimes people.
IQ: 124

Health and Fitness:
Allergies: Dust.
Athletic Skill: Played various sports as a child and into high school.
Current Injuries?: There's a cut on the inside of her palm from a sculpting accident.
Drink?: No
Drugs?: No
Smoker?: No
Illnesses?: Possible depression, asthma.
Medications: An inhaler.
Diet: Rarely eats meat, tends to stick to a diet of vegetables and sweets.
Favourites:
Sports: Volleyball and baseball.
Music: Rock.
Books: Thrillers.
Movies: Horrors.
Weather: Warm and cloudy, thunderstorms.
Colour: All of them except yellow.
Food: Raw carrots, chips, anything with an audible crunch.
Relationship(s):
Paternal- No contact
Father: Feliks Alkaev
Grandmother: Ularia Alkaev (Deceased)
Grandfather
: Vladimir Alkaev

Maternal- No contact
Mother: Maria Alkaev
Grandmother: Diana Petrenko
Grandfather: Maxim Petrenko

(Please PM me if you're interested in any of the positions below.)
Best Friend
: TBA
Colleagues: TBA
Crushes: TBA
Friends:
Gideon- She likes him well enough so far, even if he does get a little grabby.
Ryuunosuke- Who wouldn't be friends with the kid? He's sweet and harmless.
Alex- Maddie enjoys the feisty girl despite the possibility of being mauled, or the fact Alex might not like her.
Rivals: TBA
Mentor: TBA
Who are they closest to?: TBA
Backstory:
Maddie had just started college abroad in Ontario when she was cursed. She had been out with a new small group of friends at a restaurant, and apparently another patron thought she was being far too loud. Which in all honesty she probably was, but it was hard to have a moderate volume with her accent. To be understood she enunciated her words louder to not have them mistaken as nonsensical mumbles. The person, or rather witch, who complained had bought her another fountain drink and hand delivered it to her after a few poor choice words as a feigned apology. After drinking half the glass she had begun to spout bubbles from betwixt her lips, ruining her friends' clothing along with countless other things. She became a mute and dropped out of college just recently in order to go to the Aldertree Institute for help.​

~*~
Powers:
Cursed RP.jpg
Type: Physical.
Class: 1-2
Description: When Matrona tries to speak or make any verbal noise at all, bubbles form and protrude from her mouth, turning as black as ink once they leave her lips. They tend to float for a while until popping naturally, by someone, or by something in their way causing an embarrassing mess to say the least.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
@Red Rabbit You're accepted! Feel free to post whenever you want.

And a quick notice to everyone else. If you don't start posting soon, or at least tell me why you aren't, I'm going to start cutting characters!

• Thank You
Reactions: Red Rabbit
I'll try to write up a post tonight, but I have a request. Can we get a central cast list set up?

I'll try to write up a post tonight, but I have a request. Can we get a central cast list set up?
Mostly for now it's just Vaila, me, you and Red Rabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.