Aldertree Institute for the Magically Distressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vaila , mein fuhrer, do I need to wake before posting again, or should I go on to introduce myself to everyone

@Vaila , mein fuhrer, do I need to wake before posting again, or should I go on to introduce myself to everyone
You can. Be careful around Alex she is a little wound up and has claws

I assume this is still open sign ups? I am currently looking for new rp's and this seemed very intriguing.

I assume this is still open sign ups? I am currently looking for new rp's and this seemed very intriguing.
It is. We are at a lack for males at the moment

excellent, then I will begin working on a character as soon as I finish reading through the relevant information.

After almost two and a half hours of work and thinking, I finally finished the CS, so here you are:

Forename: Maldito

Meaning: Cursed

Pronunciation: M-al-die-toe

Middle name: Joseph

Meaning: No meaning, it's just a middle name

Pronunciation: Jo-s-ef

Surname: O'Malley

Meaning: Gentle or Smooth

Pronunciation: O-Mal-lee

Title: Mr.

Alias': None

Date of Birth: February 19, 1998

How old do they appear?: 18

How old do they act?: 18

Ethnicity: Native American/German/Irish

Nationality: America

Religion: Christian

Sexual Preference: Women

Native Language: English

Spoken Language(s): English

Relationship Status: Single

Place of Birth: Pleasant Hill, Missouri, United States of America

Current Residence: Pleasant Hill

Hometown: Pleasant Hill

Education: Highschool graduate

Employment: None

Blood Type: 0-

Handed: Ambidextreous

Physical Attributes:

Height: 5'9

Weight: Normal

Body Shape: Average build

Face Shape: Intelligent looking face

Hair: color: Black[]Length: 5.08 cm[]Style: Messy

Eyes: Color: Brown

Skin Pigment: White with a light tan

Skin Texture: rough palms, smooth everywhere else

Distinguishing Features: Scars that adorn physically vulnerable parts of his body, such as arteries and the area over his heart

Who does he/she take after physically?: Father

Clothing Sizes: Size XL U.S. sizes

Shoe Sizes: Size 13 U.S. shoe sizes

(Apologies, I just couldn't find a picture that fit, so I guess you'll just have to use the power of imagination to see him.)

Scent: Oranges

Mental Attributes:

Describe your character's personality in 5 words: Calm, Skittish, Dark, Hopeful, Quiet

Most Common Mood: Calm

Temperament: Highly Reactive

Insecurities: Maldito is insecure about his ability to control his feelings

How do they see themselves?: Dangerous

How do they believe they are perceived by others?: A dangerous monster

What would most embarrass them?: Getting all worked up over something with a simple solution

Nervous tics: Leg will begin to bounce in a steady, unconscious rhythm

Self-confidence level: 7

Self esteem level: 8

Personas: None

Fears: Losing his necklace

Wishes: For the curse to be lifted

Optimist or Pessimist: Right in the middle

Daredevil or Cautious: Right in the middle

Logical or Emotional: a little of both

Working or Relaxing: Relaxing

Introvert or extrovert: Introvert

Confident or Unsure? Unsure

Night owl or Early bird: Night Owl

Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat: Disorderly and Messy

General sociability: (Are they loud or quiet?) Loud (when you get him to open up)

Patience level: High

Biggest vulnerability: The necklace around his neck

Sense of humor: Excellent

General attitude: Tries to stay optimistic, but often fails to keep his eyes set on the bright side

IQ: 143

Health and Fitness: Overall decently healthy, not overly physically active.
Allergies: Latex
Athletic Skill: Very little
Current Injuries?: None
Drink?: No
Drugs?: None
Smoker?: No
Illnesses?: None
Medications: None
Diet: (Vegetarian? Vegan? Eating Habits?) Omnivore

Favourites:
Sports: None
Music: Calm soothing music, actively avoids any kind of music besides this.
Books: None (A book once caused enough distress to cause him to eminate the black sludge, and he hasn't picked up one since then, even though he loves to read.)
Movies: None
Weather: Rainy weather
Colour: Crimson
Food: Sushi

Relationship(s):
Paternal:
Father: Hates his father for unknown reasons, presumably for some kind of wrong in the past.
Maternal:
Mother: Excellent, though considering she is now deceased it is irrelevant

Bestfriend: None
Colleagues: None
Crushes: None
Friends: None
Rivals: None
Mentor: None
Who are they closest to?: His mother (whom is now deceased)

Backstory:

Meldito was born in 1998 in Pleasant hill, a small town in the U.S. His father was a drunk, and but his mother loved the man too much to leave him, even when it was detrimental to the health of Meldito. At age six, Meldito's father died of alcohol poisoning. His mother was driven mad with grief, one night she left the house, and when she came back, seemed much stranger then before. Wherever she stepped, a small pool of black sludge would appear. People in the small community that was Pleasant Hill said she was unnatural and cursed, that her husband had dealings with a shady cult, whom he had managed to anger sufficiently that the group cursed him and his wife. The effects of such a status soon became evident, as the woman could not keep a job, and for the next three years went pretty much unemployed, depending on things such as food stamps to survive. After another two years, the stress finally got to her. In what was called a bizarrely precise and successful suicide attempt, the woman killed herself by jamming a a pencil into three different arteries, with the volume of blood she lost being bizarrely more then what a human body could contain. Poor Maldito became an orphan at the age of eleven, and with no known or surviving family members, became a ward of the state, and was transferred into the fostercare system. Over the next seven years Meldito came to learn of his affliction, and to cope with it to the best of his ability. Eventually though he was placed in the county jail in solitary confinement, courtesy of his current foster care parents, and of the local county, as everyone began to fear what he could do if he was allowed to remain in the public. There he stayed until he received the invitation to go to Aldertree, at which point he was placed on the first mode of transportation that could be provided and sent on his merry way to get there. Soon He will arrive at Aldertree, hoping to find a place which may be able to cure his peticular ailment.

~*~
Powers:

Type: Physical

Class: 4

Description: Maldito has been plagued with a particularly nasty curse that was set upon him upon his mothers death, the effects of the curse are as follows.

Upon experiencing low amounts mental distress (this type of stress could be compared to stress one experiences upon failing a test such as a driver's test), a black sludge like substance begins to spread out from Maldito's feet wherever they touch the ground, or in cases where his feet are not in contact with the floor, spreads out from contact made with surfaces with his hand, and spread outwards at a slow rate. The sludge has shown to be highly corrosive, with properties similar to sulfuric acid, but not wholly identifiable as such. The sludge itself appears to do no physical damage to Maldito, but will continue to do damage to his surroundings until such time as the whatever is causing the stress is resolved, upon which it will slowly retreat inwards, repairing physical damage that it caused to the environment, though it should be noted that this does not always fix the damage done completely. Items that are damaged may be returned to their solid state, but if they were damaged prior to the sludge spreading outwards, the item will not be repaired.

Upon experiencing moderate amounts of stress (This type of stress could be compared to the stress experienced when one loses something of significant value or importance, such as a family heirloom) Maldito begins to excrete a gaseous substance that is comparable to the properties of the chemical tabun at a slow rate, however the chemical does not exhibit any lethal effects, instead only exhibiting the ability to cause short term paralysis which will persist until nearby victims are removed from the area or the gas is cleared. Once again the gas will disappear if the matter causing the stress is resolved, and the gas will not cause damage to Maldito.

Upon experiencing abnormal amounts of stress, (this type of stress is comparable to the stress generated by things such as losing your job or death of a household pet) Upon experiencing this type of stress, Maldito will begin to exhibit both of the effects shown above at an increased rate until the issue has been resolved, with neither effects damaging him.

Upon experiencing high amounts of stress, (such as that experienced by those who have lost a very close relative or someone in their immediate family) Maldito will exhibit the first two effects at an extremely high rate, at this point, the sludge becomes far more acidic, and the gas can cause short term paralysis and short term blindness. Maldito will begin to also exhibit homicidal tendencies and suicidal tendencies, with the former showing itself in the presence of other people, and the latter only showing itself once no living beings are within his visual range. This will persist until the matter has been resolved or until Maldito has successfully killed another living being, or has inflicted a mortal injury upon himself. If Maldito has does inflict mortal harm upon himself, Maldito will automatically pass into an unconscious state where he will heal at an alarmingly large rate. Furthermore, he will lose his homicidal and suicidal tendencies upon completion of either murder, self injury, or the resolution of the matter. Maldito will relive this moment over each time he sleeps, with each of these events cumulating. Maldito will not awake once asleep until he has relived these events, though the time he remains sleeping is often quite a small window, usually three to four hours. This serves to keep any memories of murder or self harm fresh and he has never forgotten any thing that he has done during these times, this has caused significant mental scarring.

His curse also extends to a small silver necklace with a small, clear white crucifix made of crystal attached to it. When this item disappears from his view or from his person, it causes significant building stress to Maldito, with the stress continuing to build until Maldito has the crystal back in his possession. The item will invariably disappear within 24-168 hours of Maldito refinding it, with the crystal itself vanishing and then reappearing within 50 meters of Maldito. Any and all attempts to destroy will bring on extreme aggression on the part of Maldito, and the item itself appears to be invulnerable to attack of any kind. If anyone comes in contact with this necklace, Maldito will feel any pain that they feel, this includes both mental and physical pain, though it should be noted that he does not receive any injuries because of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaila
Ohhh, yeah, Alex is going to be a significant stress by herself, the meat eating gigantic tiger of the house

sounds interesting.

If he gets too stressed out, Gideon can always knock him out with a scream....

That is true as well.

You guys have no idea how much I hate this CS right now XD

@conman2163 You missed out Eye description and Skin pigment but other than that I think you're fine.... Though I do wish you'd come up with a shorter explanation for the curse xD Something like 'Causes black goo to come out of his feet' xD But ACCEPTED all the same!!

Pardon me while I edit the CS to include the missing items, also, I come from many rp's where things tend to be quite detailed, especially when it comes to magically sourced things, it's just a habit of mine to go all out.

I shall work on a post as soon as I finish the edits to include the eye description and skin pigmentation.

Reactions: IceQueen
I keep coming back to this RP with curiosity... Been thinking of creating a child with a really bad magical affliction, just to add to the heartbreak factor. I'm not too sure what to do for it though.

I got the perfect idea. I'll edit this post with a CS in a minute, but I was thinking of a little boy with some sort of decaying curse in his blood which not only rots anything it comes into contact with, but also vastly shortens his lifespan.

Cheery, huh?

Yeah.... cheery, just the words I would use

Reactions: Ythania
amon-kabe.jpg

Face-claim: Amon Kabe

General Characteristics:
Forename:
Ryuunosuke
Meaning: "It means I don't make friends very well unless I shorten it down for them."
Pronunciation: "Ree-yoo-noss-oo-kay"
Middle name: N/A
Meaning: N/A
Pronunciation: N/A

Surname: Foster
Meaning: Forester, Woodsman
Pronunciation: "Foss-tah"
Maiden name: Daichi
Meaning: Great Earth, Vast Wisdom.
Pronunciation: "Dai-chee."
Title: Sir
Alias': N/A
Why?: N/A

Nickname(s): "Roo!"
Why?: "'Cause...Saying Ryuunosuke every time you wanna talk to me is a bit annoying?"

Date of Birth: 12 March, 2006
How old do they appear?: 11
How old do they act?: "Like a grown-up, duh!"

Ethnicity: Asian Briton
Nationality: "I come from England, near Devon."
Religion: "Uh...?"
Sexual Preference: "W-wha?"
Native Language: English
Spoken Language(s): English
Relationship Status: Single, clearly.

Place of Birth: "Actually, I was born in Plymouth."
Current Residence: "My dad's house in Barnstaple!"
Hometown: "It's...it's still in Barnstaple, I hope."
Education: "I got the Speedy Reader's award a couple weeks before I moved!"
Employment: "I wash the dishes after dinner."

Blood Type: Unknown
Handed: Ambidextrous

Physical Attributes:
Height: 4'5"
Weight: 78lb
Body Shape: Small, a bit lanky, generally child-like with some puppy fat.
Face Shape: See Appearance.
Hair: Short, black.
Eyes: Dark brown.
Skin Pigment: Pale.
Skin Texture: Soft and smooth.
Flaws: A small gathering of scratches on his left knee, a little cut on the jaw.
Birthmarks: "You mean the skull one on my chest? It's...kinda mean of you to point it out..."
Body Modifications: N/A
Distinguishing Features: "I can roll my tongue."
Who does he/she take after physically?: "Dad says I look more like my Mum."
Clothing Sizes: 10-11yrs
Shoe Sizes: Size 3 (UK)
Bra Size: Roo giggles and blushes.
Scent: Mould.
Faceclaim(s): Amon Kabe.

Mental Attributes:
Describe your character's personality in 5 words: Adventurous, Witty, Optimistic, Crybaby, Intelligent
Most Common Mood: "Sleepy."
Temperament: Sanguine (Optimistic and Social)
Insecurities: "I don't like it when people treat me like I'm already dead, or only see my curse and my birthmark. It makes me get all nervous and upset..."
How do they see themselves?: "A fighter!"
How do they believe they are perceived by others?: "A lil' kid..."
What would most embarrass them?: Cheek-pinching, big sloppy kisses, baby-talk directed towards them.
Nervous tics: Fidgeting
Self-confidence level: 8
Self esteem level: 7
Persona: "Ryuu the dragon warrior! He has all sorts of superpowers! He's actually a samurai who travelled far away in order to save the world from..." ​The rambling continues for several minutes, the final few being used to add on things he thinks up on the fly.
Fears: Passing away without being able to say goodbye.
Wishes: "All I ever wanted was a full life."
Optimist or Pessimist: Optimist
Daredevil or Cautious: Curiously enough, daredevil.
Logical or Emotional: Emotional
Working or Relaxing: "PLAYING!"
Introvert or extrovert: Extrovert
Confident or Unsure?: Confident
Night owl or Early bird: Early bird
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat: ...He's a child.
General sociability: Rather quiet, for a kid.
Patience level: Short
Biggest vulnerability: Getting wounded.
Sense of humor: Child-like
General attitude: Cheery
IQ: "A thousand-billion!"

Health and Fitness:
Allergies: N/A
Athletic Skill: Weak, frail.
Current Injuries?: None.
Drink?: N/A
Drugs?: N/A
Smoker?: N/A

Illnesses?: No long-term ones.
Medications: A whole myriad of antibiotics and vitamin supplements.
Diet: Carefully balanced, high in protein and iron.

Favourites:
Sports: Running around kicking a ball.
Music: Ed Sheeran
Books: The entire Harry Potter series, The Gruffalo
Movies: Mulan
Weather: Warm, sunny days
Colour: Green
Food: Beans on toast

Relationship(s):
Paternal:
Father: Cameron Foster
Grandmother: Mary Foster
Grandfather: Lyle Foster

Maternal:
Mother: Aiko Daichi (DESEACED)
Grandmother: Naomi Daichi
Grandfather: Routo Daichi (DESEACED)

Bestfriend: None, at the moment.
Colleagues: N/A
Crushes: N/A
Friends: TBD
Rivals: TBD
Mentor: TBD
Who are they closest to?: "Dad..."

Backstory:
The story starts with a young woman and her boyfriend.
Aiko was desperate to have a child, but knew that she would never be able to manage it through normal means. She searched far and wide for a witch to magically aid her plight, finally seeking out a member of the coven and pleading for her help. The witch agreed out of the kindness of her heart, for she sought to mend inter-magical relations with humanity and witchkind. Aiko's partner, Cameron, was doubtful of the witch's honesty and came to dislike the stranger in his home.

Becoming increasingly jealous of the Witch and Aiko, with the fears of the child dismissing him as a father since it was produced magically, Cameron started to be hostile towards the witch and fiercely protective of his girlfriend. His scathing remarks and threats were destructive and affected the Witch's work. Bitter at the stubbornness of man, she made a mistake in her spellcasting; a mistake which would go largely unnoticed until birth.

The cursemark was a clear marker; Cameron flew into a rage, nearly attacking the Witch for ruining their only child. He would not rest until the entire family was run out of the country for cursing a baby, but his own family received stigma from fellow man for allowing a Witch to tamper with the circle of life and produce a child in the first place.

Aiko was distraught. She sought, in vain, for another witch to remove the curse but none would dare approach the Foster family after the controversy. Her son's blood was cursed with the bitter gall of humanity - it decayed everything it touched. Metals tarnished and melted, plastics bubbled and seethed, glass cracked and shattered and organic material rotted away. Any cut or abrasion, no matter how minor, could not touch running water for fear of polluting the water supply. Wounds could not be cleaned and Ryuunosuke spent his first few years in a sterile environment at home. Cameron hated his own idiocy for driving the curse-caster out of England and did his best to accommodate for his son, ameliorating the boy's life to the best of his abilities.

Aiko's biological mother heard of her daughter's cursed child - her cursed grandson - and travelled from Tokyo to England. A proficient witch herself, she sent her daughter Aiko to England in order to allow her to live a human life, free from the complexities and dark temptations of magic. She spoke with Aiko in private, and then conversed with Cameron to explain the situation. Wracked with grief, Cameron begged Aiko's mother to wait at least one more month before undergoing the procedure.

Ryuunosuke's corrupted blood was slowly eating away at his own body; he would live a life of pain and suffering, peppered with illnesses and lasting only a decade at best. There was a way to give him life and reduce the effects of the curse, but it came at a terrible price; the life of the mother had to be sacrificed in order to prolong that of the child.

Ryuunosuke was too young to truly remember his mother. The curse was stalled and the effects were alleviated, and his grandmother went away to deal with her grief alone. Cameron moved back in with his parents; he saw the error of his ways, and was determined to raise Ryuunosuke and cure his curse. He worked long hours to build up sufficient funds to send Ryuunosuke to one of the most esteemed hospitals in Europe, hoping that there would be some witches in disguise amongst the doctors who could help his son.

When he heard about Aldertree Institute, his decision was firm; he loved his son despite bearing no resemblance to him, and he knew that his girlfriend would have wanted to do the same. His guilt in sending Ryuunosuke over was minimal; he was afraid of the unnatural child, despite loving him dearly. He feared the contamination of his own blood with that of his son.
~*~
Powers:
Type:
Physical
Class: 4
Description: Ryuunosuke's blood has the ability to decay anything it touches. The rot spreads slowly and only occurs to whatever object is current in contact with the blood; so if the blood is quickly wiped off the object, only a small amount of mould or decay will be present whilst the towel/cloth begins to decay in its stead. The more blood shed, the larger the radius of decay.

This has an averse effect on Ryuunosuke's health. Wounds often become infected, but only minor illnesses will come from it thanks to his mother's sacrifice. Ryuunosuke is also typically faint and drowsy after over-exertion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.