Against The Wits

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, whatever. I used to be an angel, thank you very much," he reminded with a long yawn, resting his forehead against his young daughter's if only to avoid glancing to the other, and changing his mind about the shower situation - this was a loose attempt to prove he could put his daughter before something else he did care about too. "And Heaven is just awful. I prefer Hell, simple. Don't you? People are passionate, it's hot, I'm the awesome King everyone adores."

"I prefer the cold," He admitted, "Sweat is gross, it makes my hair frizz. But, hm.... Outside of that, I honestly can't complain. I mean, you're here. Plus, people seem to at least enjoy where they are honestly. It seems so.... fake, in Heaven. Like, forced. It's a bit spooky, not going to lie. Though I guess re-education is spooky too."

"Obviously. Angels are jerks, I've always said it," he reminded smugly, any chance he had of showing of being one he took immediately, no matter how shallow and cocky he often came across as. Though, while it was something he was trying to correct, it was also something he wasn't going to hide efficiently too. "You ought to listen to your amazing boyfriend more, love."

"Oh, shut up!" He huffed, grabbing a pillow to-- rather playfully-- throw at the man. "I may hate the angels, and they may have done some VERY shitty things, but they're not void of any good qualities either. They raised me to be the general I am today, after all, so shush. Now, if you don't want to go take a shower, that's fine... But I do, so keep my side of the bed warm."

"Meh, just hurry up," he childishly whined, rolling his eyes all the same at the hit that hardly affected him. In fact, he wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't been peering up at the time, really. "Honestly, you keep going on about it, and I just want you back out and in bed, alright?"

"Fine," He murmured, wandering to the shower alone with a deep frown. Yes, it wasn't like he was desperate to jump the demons bones. No, in his mind, he was just going to enjoy a nice shower with the man he called his boyfriend. It was bonding, being able to finally see the other stark naked... Without having to really do anything but clean himself. Shaking the disappointed thought from his head, he trudged on to enjoy the nice shower, alone.

Slightly unaware of the other's disappointment, as surprising as that was, he simply eased in to wrap Luna close to him, simply happy to observe his daughter's sleeping expression, rather than actually go and have a shower with his boyfriend and share a moment of love and intimacy.

He loved Eden, that was obvious, but in his mind, he did want to prove to himself and to Luna he could choose her over something else he enjoyed, even for just this once... and he did want to brag about it later to Ruby, too. Mostly to annoy her, but also for the fact it was an excuse to talk to her, and as much as he adored Eden... he was still physically and emotionally connected and attracted to his wife, and that was more than likely returned on her part too.

Once returning from a quick shower, and after placing their orders in, the demon- with his wings spread out full length to dry- peered over at the other. Eyeing the rather cute scene, he couldn't help but feel a slight ping of jealousy. HE should be the one so close to the man!... Shaking off the rather mean thoughts, he simply smiled at them both and shimmied off his robe to search through the dresser for clothes. "I put breakfast in."

"You ordered Luna pancakes, right? Only the best for my little girl," he beamed proudly, the fact the words came naturally to him surprising to say the least. Pecking her forehead, he did roll away a tad to peer across at the other curiously as he changed, laying back on elbows to observe, this at least a clear sign of flirtation and lust. If he knew about the pang of jealousy, though, he would probably be likely to get a little pissed... "You're cute, you know-- of course you know that. Why wouldn't you~?"

"You just want to see me blush, hm?" He cooed in return, giving his hips a brief shimmy before slipping into a pair of underwear and a comfy shirt. "Don't lie, lying is a sin babe. Hm.... Yeah, i ordered pancakes with syrup and butter for her. All kids like that, right?"

"I'm the... like... King of Sin," he laughed, resting his head behind his hands, lounging his large form out on the grand bed, though even the size of that still had his feet dangling over the edge, an indication at least in the height differences between both his forms. "She'll love it, hopefully. As long as there's syrup~"

"Kids do love sugar," He cooed, wandering back into the bed after helping his wings out of the shirt and pushing the hair from his face. Climbing in,he easily accepted the blankets with a low coo.

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Not that I want her teeth to rot. Ruby would go nuts if they did," he said quietly, his hand softly and paternally gracing his daughter's pure white locks with another rare fatherly smile. "Her teeth are a pretty big part of being a cat demon, I suppose."

"She's a child, her teeth'll have new ones come in. At least, that's what I've been told. Children's teeth fall out and new ones come in!" He laughed, taking the other's chin to hold lightly. "Don't worry, alright? She's a demon, she knows what she's doing. "

"What you've been told," he scoffed as evidence towards his own case - the other's words weren't exactly comforting when there was still a sense of ambiguity surrounding them. Lucifer realised, of course, that new teeth grew in - but that didn't mean he wanted the girl's milk teeth to just rot away and, as a repercussion, be told he was a bad father.

He had been a bad father, in the past, but that label was, to his credit, something he was trying to abandon, even by as much as having to ignore Eden's pleas in order to focus on his daughter as his prime attention for the moment.

"Look, thanks and all, but you don't know how... it feels being a Dad, Eden. It's a big deal-- Now I realise it's a big deal. She's part of me, so I can hardly not worry about her, even the little things like teeth an' stuff."

"You didn't care literally 48 hours ago," He murmured, sinking into the bed in defeat as he tucked his wings away. "I get it, Luci, you wanna seem like the big tough and caring father you should have been, and I care for Luna more than you did yesterday, but you can't just suddenly coddle her and expect everything to be okay again. You pretty much told her you didn't want her yesterday."

"Hence why I'm trying from this point onwards, doofus," he muttered, mostly out of affection, though the underlying tone of bitterness from the other's rather brutal, no-pleasantry honesty. "I'll be a good Dad, and as much as you obviously won't like it, I have to stop spending each second of my time indulging you, alright? I have her, and... maybe the boys will come around too. Coen will be King one day, and he and I should get on, at least."

He replied with a simple hum, his eyes anywhere but on his lover as he tapped his nails against the bed. Turning so his back faced the other, he decided to say nothing. What was the point? His lover was thick headed as ever, so he imagined nothing would really get through to the man. Didn't he realize he NEEDED affection? That was the whole point to dating, sharing affection for one another! This was far from fair...

In his bitterness, he got to his feet once again and cracked his back. "I'm going to go out, okay? I'll tell the cooks to put my breakfast on hold, I have more important things to do. Like planning an army. Oh well."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"If you're going to be like this, I'd rather you go plan, sure. Jealousy is really awful on you," he chuckled, hiding his obvious distaste in the other, all while his own faults as a boyfriend and a lover remained, for him, unrecognisable. He did often have that problem - seeing the failures in others, but often masking over some of his more major ones.

For example, he knew he was a bad King at the moment, but refused to acknowledge the need for change. Instead, he continually presented the case that he would, instead, just leave the people to grow accustomed to this new him, rather than give them what they needed and be a good ruler. He was far too stubborn, in simple terms.

"I can't be bothered with trying to please you. You don't need me babying you, Eden," he continued, not realising that the more he talked, the worse he was making the situation between them. "Frankly, I'm learning a lot about you I dislike."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"As am I," He spat, his wings fluttering with emphasis. "Oh my, who knew! A boyfriend would get upset when his lover ignored him! It's totally UNHEARD of, huh? Amazing! Meanwhile, you're perfect in every way, Lucifer. That's why the people see so highly, isn't it?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.