Against The Wits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere wasn't that to be desired at the moment, with the temperature drop a clear indication of his anger - it often grew cold when he was mad, though this was a tad different.

It wasn't just cold - it was practically on the verge of freezing, with all light in the room either dimming or flickering.

"...I'd appreciate a boyfriend who wasn't this fucking jealous that I'm busy being a father. If you wanted me to give you undying attention, babe, I'd recommend that you didn't insist on wanting to meet my family. If you look into it, it's all your fault," he scoffed, refusing to even peer at his lover in fear he'd just lose the hold of his temper, and that would be bad on two levels:
- He didn't want his daughter waking to witness it;
- He didn't necessarily ever envision his anger reaching such a level with Eden that he wanted to physically harm him, and now that he felt this way, he feared just what he'd do if he so much as glanced at the angel.

"Remember, I can simply exile you out of Hell, not even accept your fucking help for the war. I can cope on my own," he reminded, even if they both did realise that that was far from the truth - the man was too reliant on Eden just to send him off now. "...Eden, just piss off, okay? For a while. I need some time to think, to be honest, and just consult with the other seniors in the army..."

"Gladly," He replied, his tone as cold as the room was as he slipped on a pair of shoes. "I'll be gone for a few days, how about that? I'll go find somewhere to stay until then, so don't worry about me. Not like you would anyway. Just take care of Luna and piss off."

With those words, he slammed the door as loud as he could without waking up the small demon. He hurried past the maids, into the street, and past the city in search of somewhere to stay on his own for awhile. He wanted peace, quiet, and some time to reflect with out anyone really interrupting. This need would probably be fulfilled in just a day, since he was a rather affectionate creature, but not now.

Reactions: potassiumboron
And while Lucifer had made a big deal of focusing on his daughter, putting her needs before his and being the father she could look back on when she was older with a smile and knowing he had been there for her, he didn't really put her first in reality, for the second Eden had left -or stormed out-, the man silently stood from his bed and, intentionally or not, disregarded his daughter's soft whines. The fact she was sneezing and coughing would have any worried father stuck to her side like glue, calling on the doctor... though Lucifer had seemed to block it out by this moment, currently pulling on some clothes and, with a simple call to a maid to care for his daughter, opened a portal to transport himself out - and it didn't take to many guesses to understand where he was going.

He was annoyed at Eden and in need of affection, and especially given his latest fantasies about Ruby, it was only obvious he was going to visit his ex wife in search of ranting off to her and having someone to listen.​

It would be at least two days before the angel would return, finding it was long enough to venture around Hell, take in the scenery, and contemplating his relationship with Lucifer without spending too much time from his job. Letting his wings rest, he easily fluttered onto the steps of their shared home, wiping his tired eyes. Wandering in, he immediately searched for the king with a soft smile, in hopes the other would have calmed down.

Yet, the castle itself was shrouded with silence, aside from the quick footsteps of several maids and servants going about their business... even with the definite lack of Lucifer in the home. In fact, Lucifer hadn't arrived back since leaving those two days ago, and had stayed with Ruby.

But hadn't bothered to even collect Luna back and bring her to her mother as promised. As such, the little girl had practically been left alone aside from a few maids coming to tend to her in terms of feeing her and bringing her fresh clothing. Besides from that, she had been left in solitude, with nothing but her art things for entertainment. Being a feline demon, affection and company made up a great deal of her needs... and two days without it had sent her wallowing in loneliness.

And while she may have only been five years of age, the sense of abandonment had hit her. Her parents had both failed to even notice she wasn't around, and that feeling of not being wanted at five was obviously depressing. So when spotting the familiar figure enter the bedroom, she poked her head from the covers and gave a grin - she was more happy to see him than she would be to see her own parents at this point. "Eden! H-Hi! Y... You came back for me? Right? You remembered I was here?"​

"Well, yeah..." He replied, his brow furrowed at the sight. Didn't Lucifer care for Luna now? He definitely made a big deal about her before, so where was he? And how long had he been gone. Taking a seat besides her, he offered a gentle smile, his softspoken personality shining through with her. "Luna, what are you working on? It looks stunning... Are you going to show your pa?"

"Oh, it's based on a dream I had. See, that's the nasty angel coming to kill us, and then there's our army-- and there's you, leading everyone," she beamed, pointing out every aspect of the crayoned image - the fact she had cast Eden in the front rather than her own father spoke volumes about the man and his supposed courage that was turning out to become more like cowardliness.

"I'm not showing my father. He hasn't come home in... well, DAYS!" She huffed, her childishness exaggerating the truth - though she had been left alone, so her mind had lost track of time, understandably. "And he wouldn't like it, anyway. He doesn't like my art, haha... But who needs him? He and my Mommy can just do their thing, and I'll live here. Simple."​

"Don't you want to see other people, though? And not being with your mommy or daddy means you can't wander about. Not alone, at least. Come on, how about you and I go find your parents and we can have a nice talk with them. Seems fair, hm? But first, I'll put your picture where I'm deciding to keep them." He announced, gently folding the drawing into a neat little swan and placing it in the drawer besides the bed.

"They left me here alone for ages, Eden," she scoffed, her ruby red eyes rolling as she moved to cocoon herself in the king size duvet, her small frame practically lost in the sheets, though managed to at least keep her head poked out, her white bob of hair messy and dishevelled, both from her childhood antics and from general maintenance issues - her mother would usually brush her hair every night, and without that, she hadn't bothered to do it herself.

"I... I obviously d-don't mean anything to them," she shrugged, a rather sad statement coming from how young she was to even be aware of not being wanted. In truth, it would not be that, but most likely her parent had been too distracted to notice, rather than not care for her. But how was she to know that? "I like living here. You can stay with me, and we'll bring my puppy, and it'll be great!"​

"Luna, we need to find your parents." He replied sternly, albiet softly. "The staff may work their hardest, but you need more than that. I'll come with you, of course, and if nothing gets through to them, we can leave and come straight home."

"I don't see why we have to," she responded with all the stubbornness of a child, her eyes narrowing angrily at the thought as she clambered out of bed and straightened her dress tiredly, even if she wanted nothing more than to pull on her pyjamas and lounge about colouring all day.

"Where did you go, anyway?" She suddenly inquired, reaching for his hand with eyebrow arched. "You weren't around either, and you didn't go with Daddy, did you?"​

"... No, I didn't. I decided to take some time to myself, think about how daddy and I are, you know? I thought about how stupid your daddy can be." He insisted, offering a halfhearted smile while getting to his feet and swooping her in her arms.

"He's an idiot," she drawled quietly, having heard her mother say that a few times, and it did some more than relevant at the current moment given the other's comment. Silently taken aback by suddenly being lifted up like that, given Eden wasn't exactly the strongest in appearance, she did have to hide a smile to herself at having clearly judged a book by its cover, something she was brought up not to do. "Are you still dating my Dad then? I think he's back with my Mom."​

"We'll have to see," He replied honestly, carrying her with ease. Yes, he was far from being the strongest angel out there, but he could manage to carry a child. Letting his wings spread out to their full length, he offered her coverage in his arms before climbing out the window to take flight to the home of Ruby and Luna's brothers. "If they're doing something dumb, we'll teach them a lesson. Right?"

"Teach 'em a lesson, yeah," she repeated tiredly, wriggling her toes in the air with her hair blowing back away from her face, giggling accordingly. She had only experienced flight when Coen had taken her for a ride, and even that was short and a year ago. But Eden was far more impressive than her brother had be - how could she not find his wings fascinating? Frankly, she was closer to Eden at the moment than she was her own father.

Only, her confidence slipped the moment she approached her home, climbing out of his arms once grounded with a weary smile. She didn't want to see her parents after being left alone for two days, but what choice did she have? She was only five, and was bound to her parents until she was eighteen, as unfortunate as she was believing it was. "...Do we have to do this?"​

"Yeah," He replied, lightly cracking his back as the wings folded tight. "It'll be fine, okay? I'll go in first, you can wait in the hallway. If it's safe to talk to them, I'll cue you. I don't want you seeing anything silly because of your parents."

She grimaced, too young and innocent to understand the implications he was making, and so wearily rubbed her eyes as she obediently halted her footsteps and stood still in the corridor. "Fine, but... hurry up, 'cause this place isn't 'home' anymore, really... aha... i'll go wait with Coen, actually," she decided, moving to trail down to the basement where her oldest brother had made his bedroom.​

Simply shrugging at her decision, he lightly knocked on the demon's bedroom door while awaiting a response. If nothing came, he would have to resort to practically tearing off the door himself.

From inside, what were happy laughs and chatting became stark surprise and muffled whispers, stumbled footsteps arising before, finally, the door as opened by a half-dresser Lucifer, donning only a bedsheet wrapped around his waist to protect his modesty. He was only expecting one of his sons knocking for something, like food, the last thing he expected to see was the face of his lover, and once eyes locked with him, he did attempt to hide himself behind the door. "H-Hey Eden, ah... you alright?"​

While he was more gentle with Luna, there was a stark difference from then, now. His eyes were burning in anger, his fists clenched. He was ready to punch the man in the face, though he had time to reflect and had managed to try and start keeping violence out of his life.

"No, I'm not fine Lucifer. Nor is Luna. Both of us want to have a nice little chat with you, if you don't mind getting dressed and can take a moment from fucking your ex wife."

Status
Not open for further replies.