Against The Wits

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, we're not having sex. We're... chatting," he chuckled, though both the forced laughter and obvious lie made him cringe. Who was he kidding? It was more than evident what he was doing - he was barely dressed and his ex was in bed behind him with the other bed sheet only keeping her shielded too.

The fact that Eden hadn't killed him yet, or attempted to, gave him some hope of saving their relationship, because as ridiculous as it sounded given what he had done for two days, he did love Eden. He just also loved Ruby too, and when arguments with Eden had arose, it was obvious to him to seek comfort with his ex.

"Wait, Luna?" He blinked, the ball dropping there and then as his apologetic expression became that of guilt and panic. "L-Luna, shit. I... Is she alright?! I... fucking forgot about my own daughter-- and I cheated, and... shit, I-I'm sorry, Eden. I love you, if that helps...?"​

"Save it." He replied, cutting the other off short as he folded his arms. "There's one thing to cheat on me. Am I happy you did? I'm fucking furious... But to leave your daughter alone, for two whole fucking days, is sick. She's only five and she trusts me more than either of you. What happened to taking responsibility for her? For being a good father? Do you honestly think she'll trust you after this? And the fact that your first response when I leave is to immediately jump your ex's bones is INSULTING. Don't you love me? Because I don't feel loved when you decided to fuck her for two whole days."

Listening intently, given he had no choice but to listen after all he had done, he did fold his arms to at least attempt to defend his actions... though came up short. How could he defend sleeping with his ex wife, alongside whom he had forgotten about his only daughter and youngest child and left her alone, that of which she really didn't need given her species and age.

Eventually, succumbing to guilt once more, he did move out of the room with not so much as a glance back at Ruby. "Eden, yeah, I fucked up, but you were an ass," he started, this supposedly being an apology, though it hadn't started out brilliantly. "You hated the affection I gave my daughter. I'm surprised you didn't like the fact I left her alone. You want me all to yourself, huh?"​

"Yes, I was jealous, but I left because I thought you would continue to at least give her the affection she needed! I thought leaving would let you focus on her without me being there, feeling shitty. And to come back to find she was completely alone?! That is the shittiest thing I think you could ever do, Lucifer. You don't need to make it up to me- well, you do, but you need to make it up to your daughter more for tricking her like you did."

"Honestly? It was Ruby's fault more than mine. I'm used to living without children, while she is the sole carer for Luna. I'd blame her, if I were you," he scoffed, not really caring for blaming his ex for the mistake - he'd rather land the blame onto her than take it himself, especially when his main aim at the moment wasn't to care for his daughter, but was to make it up to Eden and be a boyfriend to him. "Eden, you know, this was just a huge mistake, and... we can go home and... I won't do this again, haha... promise."​

"And what about Luna?" He asked, eyeing the other with a grimace as he backed away. "What are you going to do with her? You need to promise me right now, that you won't leave before you make it absolutely sure she's happy and safe. I'm not letting either of you abandon her again, like you did with your other children. No one should feel like they're unwanted, especially not at her age."

"...I didn't know you cared so much for her. How the tables turn, huh?" He sighed, rubbing his temple at the sudden pressure, mostly from realising how mature Eden was about everything, having assumed he would just throw a fit and rightly attack him for the mistake he had made. "Look, I'll make sure Ruby makes it up to her and that she's happy, relax..."​

"You have to make it up to her, too. Actually, if anyone does, you do especially. You promised her that you'd take care of her from now on, and instead you just left. You literally just left her alone for two days, do you know how it feels to be abandoned by your own family? For days? I can't even look at you right now." He snapped, "You need to take responsibility."

"Can't look at me? Exaggerating much? You love me," he chuckled, even if teasing was being introduced too soon after his cheating had been found out, reaching for his hand automatically. "Come on, I've said sorry, and yeah, I'm in the bad, but I'll make it up to you, and at an extent, Luna too-- though I suppose Ruby will want to have her here to make up to her first before I do."​

"Don't touch me," He murmured, moving his hand away almost instantly. "I'm not going to accept your apology with one "sorry". No, you need to really make it up to me. Something way more drastic than just a simple "sorry" and a laugh, understood? I'm not going to brush this under the rug."

"Then tell me how to make it up to you!" He suddenly cried, his easygoing smiles ending the moment the other tugged his hand away, though he did somewhat -or definitely- expect it. Folding his arms again, he leant against the frame of the door with a sudden scowl, trying not to be angry with the other when Eden had the only right to be mad, but it was harder than he expected to stay apologetic. "Honestly, why am I apologising?! You initiated me to do this."​

"Oh, it's my fault?! That is literally the most bullshit excuse! This is what we're going to do, okay? We're going to talk to Luna, you're going to tell her about why you're sorry and how you're going to make it up to her, then we're going to go home. I'll personally tell you what I'm going to do to you then, hm? Now get some fucking clothes on, I don't want Luna having to see her father naked."

He grimaced, biting the inside of his cheek as he dared to argue; dared to respond to the other's demands. Usually, he would do so immediately, with just as much fury in his voice at being talked to like that -he did have a superiority complex-, but the only reason he bit his tongue and obediently slipped into the bedroom to get his clothes on was the knowledge that he was in the wrong. He had wronged Eden pretty badly, and Luna too, and so he really had no grounds to be able to treat Eden as he would do normally.

Even if he did mumble profanities under his breath all the same.​

Waiting patiently, he tapped his foot in his fury to at least try to calm himself. He was pissed, beyond so, but he decide to let that anger build up to unleash once at home. Once the other was dressed, albeit rather sleazy looking still, he snatched the other by the ear and tugged him along.

"Don't drag me around like a filthy hellhound," he suddenly snapped. Sure, he may be in the wrong, incredibly so, but to be dragged around was demeaning. He was the King of Hell, the most feared being in supernatural history, so to be carted around by a fallen angel he had cheated on was emasculating and something he wouldn't accept, regardless of what he had done. "Sure, I've been a fucking horrible lover, but don't treat me like a dog... jeez..."​

"Well, that's what you are to me right now. A mangy mutt who decided to sleep with his ex wife and fuck over his daughter." He snapped right back, "So this is a part of your punishment, to feel like the dog you acted like for the past two days."

"Oh, how fitting," he agreed, voice dripping in sarcasm as he trudged along, bent over in two given their stark height differences as he reluctantly let the other pull him along like the 'mangy mutt' he supposedly was. "Look, how long do I have to be treated like a fool? I've said sorry. Isn't that all you need to forgive me~?"​

"That would be all I needed if you had spilled your coffee on my clothes, or if you left the shower on til it went cold. A simple sorry is for things that are easily forgivable. THIS? This is not easily forgivable."

"So fucking tell me already what I need to do then," he hissed, his patience growing slim as he stopped by the basement, Luna already trudging up the stairs with toy rabbit in hand, her ruby eyes growing wide at the sight of her usually tough father doubled over and under Eden's command. Frankly, if she wasn't afraid of angering her father, she would be grinning smugly at the sight. "Hmph, can we go home now?"​

"Yes we can," Eden replied, taking Luna's hand in his and tugged his boyfriend along. "Lucifer, make a portal. I want to get home now, understood? And I'll start your punishment from there."

Status
Not open for further replies.