Status
Not open for further replies.
C

C.T.

Original poster
"Was the test successful?"

"Yes and no. Multiversal technology is nothing new to me, T'challa. However, power and resources are limited. If we were still at the Baxter Building, there would be no issue...but we are no longer there. Consequently, there was only enough for one charge right now. As it stands, it might be a few days longer before we have enough sustainable power to do it again."

"But they did get pulled through."

"Indubitably. They are on our world now. A number of superhumans, non-infected. Observe." Reed enhanced his map screen, displaying the entire world. Scattered around it were pinpricks of light in various locations. "These were the locations displayed with the same output of energy as our device here. I've run the numbers a hundred times but was not able to get it exact. Not a controlled environment, as well as variables...as I said. No problem for the Baxter Building's systems to pull them from out there in the multiverse and put them directly before us, but not so here. Not yet."

"Then we must not waste more time. If you're set on this idea--"

"I am. There are few of us left. You and I are certainly too valuable to risk losing. Pietro is likewise too valuable. How long ago would we have run out of supplies for all those that we have given refuge to, if not for him? Logan and Laura carry the infection, even if they(somewhat) resist the effects, but their healing abilities have limits. If they're pressed to their limits, by say Rulk or Thor, I can not be certain of what would happen. What remains of Alpha Flight to stay here for security as well as a comforting presence to the regular citizen survivors. Vision, Machine Man and a few of the repurposed LMDs are all we can spare. We need more if we want this to return to anything resembling the world we once knew."

"I'm still not convinced. This plague beat us when we were hundreds strong, allied. Heroes, villains alike, striving for that common goal."

"It has not beaten us yet. We're still here. Moreover...the scenario is different. The infection hit us in a war we didn't even know was happening. Months, almost two years even before we become aware. This time we're aware and prepared. We have a fighting chance, we--"

"Just need the fighters?"

"I would say rescuers and rebuilders, but yes, that is not inaccurate."

"Then we need to get them before trouble gets to them first. Regardless of the risk, we have to retrieve them. No risk is too great for this."

"...Very well. Save for us two."

"..."

"You know we are required. Our minds are too important. If Hank or Tony were still around, they'd agree."

T'challa sighed in resignation. "So Pietro, Logan, Laura, Vision, Machine Man, Vindicator and the LMD's."

Reed nodded. "I'll send word."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"...Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore." The remark came after a few moments of checking her surroundings. The sarcasm was for no one's benefit but her own. Comforting in its own way. This was New York alright, she could see that much from where she crouched atop one of the higher buildings, though it didn't look new anymore. Desolate, remarkably quiet. No sounds of cars.

"Another world?" That would explain the sensation earlier. She was no stranger to multiverse events either. More experience with those than she would have liked, but still.

"Not irradiated, from what I can tell. So then what--" Her spider-sense kicked in and she turned immediately, and almost on cue:

"MEAT!" The voice was a raspy growl, but clearly...excited. "I smelled it. I kneeeeeew. All mineeeeee."

"...no." She shuddered and he lunged forward...right into a solid punch. "No means no!"

On the other side of the country, Hawkeye emerged as well, only to be met with a similar view. Desolate, empty, quiet. Nothing that indicated people were still around. Dried bloodstains splattered along the street. Abandoned cars littering the way, some with haphazardly packed suitcases scattered about. The white sign in the distance still remained untouched. The city of movies.

Welcome to Hollywood.

Eventually the rough, scraping sound of something being dragged along the asphalt reached him, followed shortly by a slobbering noise of someone eating.

@Indolent

Chel Ryder, Lady Deadpool, Mary Jane Watson and Rook Jones managed to luck out, all pulled through to end up at almost the exact same location...in the ruined civilization of Latveria. Contrary to Doom's propaganda and lies, his country had indeed fallen. The husks that rested around served as proof enough of that. In the distance, Castle Doomstadt stood relatively fine in contrary to the state of the city it loomed over. Almost inviting, even.

@TheTechnologicVampire @Hospes @Ringmaster @T _ T Salty

The mysterious Daredevil also ended up in New York. Not among any of the infected that made the city their home, but nor was he in a truly safer place. Not if the gun shoved in his face almost immediately after the view of his surroundings came into focus was any indication. Beyond the barrel was the icy cold stare of one Frank Castle. Right in one of the safehouses of the man who inadvertently started it all.

Truly a good place to end up at.

"10 seconds. Fill it with words."

@The Wanderer

Hercules arrived amidst the Midwest, in a small idyllic town. Relatively secluded too, enough so that the infection hadn't gotten much of a foothold here. There was still the telltale signs of people living here. The sounds and smells, if one cared to listen.

@Gands

All around Blink stood the ruined remnants of Saint Petersburg, a popular spot for tourists. When the infection there had gotten too aggressive and widespread from the influx of people as well as the large number who resided there, the Russian military elected to fire-bomb the city in stages to wipe out and quarantine the spread. If it worked for a short time or at all was not clear among the scorched buildings, burned vehicles and the little ash that remained.

A complete ghost town...though she alone of all of them had the capacity to quickly investigate the world.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

What did they all do?​

All around Blink stood the ruined remnants of Saint Petersburg, a popular spot for tourists. When the infection there had gotten too aggressive and widespread from the influx of people as well as the large number who resided there, the Russian military elected to fire-bomb the city in stages to wipe out and quarantine the spread. If it worked for a short time or at all was not clear among the scorched buildings, burned vehicles and the little ash that remained.

A complete ghost town...though she alone of all of them had the capacity to quickly investigate the world.​
Blink was used to world-hopping. For years now, it had been her way of life; She was the leader of the Exiles, a team who's job it was to journey out to worlds with cracks in the timeline and right them, to fix what had been broken. The fact that the worlds were broken in the first place meant that this wasn't the first time she'd been dropped into a scene like this; ruins, scarred and lifeless, the remnants of unknown violence.

It was just, when she was dropped into those hostile, dead worlds, she usually had her team around her.

"Euuhh... That was not one of my portals" Blink muttered with a queasy grimace as she rubbed her head and regained her footing. "I don't even remember what world we were going to-"

"..."

Blink frowned and looked around at the silence around her.

"Guys?"

"Psylocke, what happened? No one else is-" Blink had raised her arm to speak into the tallus, the wrist mounted device that let the exiles communicate with their home.... but it wasn't there.

"...Shit."

---------------------------

A few minutes later, Blink was perched atop the ruins of St. Peter's cathedral and peering out over the ruins for any signs of life. Just because she'd seen just as bad didn't make what she was seeing now any less awful, and she let out a frustrated sigh as she ran the hand not holding onto the cathedral's spire through her hair. "What happened here? Am I supposed to be fixing this?"

...She was gonna need help with this if she was. So she took a breath, concentrated, and jumped through another portal. This one appearing in the backyard of the group she felt most comfortable asking for help, assuming they weren't maniacally evil on this world, or vampires, or one of the hundred other things that could be on any given world.

Xavier's School For Gifted Children, home of the X-men

@C.T.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gands
Daredevil

Daredevil was in the midst of a one man show, if it could be called that, when he was pulled to this strange place.

However, before he could make a snarky comment about being transported at random, and in the middle of a show with some paying customers. He had a gun in his face.

"Believe me when I say this, but I have no idea how I got here....I was in the middle of a one man performance in Texas. Though, if the whole random transportation is telling me anything. It means someone has teleported me here.....And believe me, I want to get back to my show. But if you offering...." Daredevil gently took the barrel of the weapon, redirecting it's aim to his chest. The mask's devilsih smile on his face was almost strengthened by the real one underneath it.

"What's the time at? Ten seconds? Seven seconds? Or less? Pull the trigger and allow me to show you, my greatest trick of all." He said, seeming to be insane.

@C.T.

Chel Ryder, Lady Deadpool, Mary Jane Watson and Rook Jones managed to luck out, all pulled through to end up at almost the exact same location...in the ruined civilization of Latveria. Contrary to Doom's propaganda and lies, his country had indeed fallen. The husks that rested around served as proof enough of that. In the distance, Castle Doomstadt stood relatively fine in contrary to the state of the city it loomed over. Almost inviting, even.
The experience of being pulled through the portal did not sit well with Chel. While not having the effects one mioght assume a human would have, she had something similar, mainly just being disorientated and a bit off-balance. She took a few minutes to rest, regain her balance and stuff, before assessing the place she had ended up in.

Looking around, she saw a lot of destruction, many husks of exploded cars and many piles of rubble from collapsed buildings. However, one building stood out, un-touched among everything else. She did not recognise its design, and was not very interested in it. She was definiteliny wondering why it was still standing, but she had no intentions of going over to check it out.

And neither was she interrested much in the other people in the same place as her. Because of this, she decided to walk away to the nearest stretch of clear tarmac. She wanted to know who was responsible for bringing her hear, so she wanted to set out to find who it was and make them explain. She ddin't need to be with any group for this.

Checking on a holo-screen that projected from the back of her right hand, she checked to see if she had a vehicle mode vcurrently scanned and activated. It wasn't activated, but there definitely was one there, and it wasn't small or partiocularly fast either.

Activating it, along with her costume/armour, she transformed and drove off down the road, setting out to look for whoever was responsible for bringing her here.

scania-off2.jpg

Hercules

First thing the Lion of Olympus did was try his Avengers card to see if he could reach anyone. He happened to be returning home from a trip when the portal grabbed him out of the Shield base.

He found himself in a village, somewhere on it's main street he thought. It didn't seem entirely deserted, but the street he was on didn't have much activity. He needed to know what happened in this place that fate had brought him here.

He was wearing a workman's kilt,colored black with a gold colored tunic. Both made by the incomparable Reed Richards. He activated the fancy goggle extensions now encorporated in the gold headband he always wore. He had tall boots, very fancy, a gift from his friend Lady Sif.

In his duffle bag, he usually carried a few useful things. An extra sack of gold, a small bag of one hundred dollar bills, some medical supplies. It wasn't that big a duffle bag, a couple of rifles, a stun pistol, ammo, a sword made by Hephaestus, his mace, also made by Hephaestus, a spare set of clothes and some toiletries. The weapons lived in the bag full time anyway.

He picked up his duffle bag, slinging it over his shoulder and started to walk. Looking for the center of this place, a library, police station, someplace where people might be. He needed to figure out why he was here.

@C.T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blink was used to world-hopping. For years now, it had been her way of life; She was the leader of the Exiles, a team who's job it was to journey out to worlds with cracks in the timeline and right them, to fix what had been broken. The fact that the worlds were broken in the first place meant that this wasn't the first time she'd been dropped into a scene like this; ruins, scarred and lifeless, the remnants of unknown violence.

It was just, when she was dropped into those hostile, dead worlds, she usually had her team around her.

"Euuhh... That was not one of my portals" Blink muttered with a queasy grimace as she rubbed her head and regained her footing. "I don't even remember what world we were going to-"

"..."

Blink frowned and looked around at the silence around her.

"Guys?"

"Psylocke, what happened? No one else is-" Blink had raised her arm to speak into the tallus, the wrist mounted device that let the exiles communicate with their home.... but it wasn't there.

"...Shit."

---------------------------

A few minutes later, Blink was perched atop the ruins of St. Peter's cathedral and peering out over the ruins for any signs of life. Just because she'd seen just as bad didn't make what she was seeing now any less awful, and she let out a frustrated sigh as she ran the hand not holding onto the cathedral's spire through her hair. "What happened here? Am I supposed to be fixing this?"

...She was gonna need help with this if she was. So she took a breath, concentrated, and jumped through another portal. This one appearing in the backyard of the group she felt most comfortable asking for help, assuming they weren't maniacally evil on this world, or vampires, or one of the hundred other things that could be on any given world.

Xavier's School For Gifted Children, home of the X-men

@C.T.
It was hard to say whether or not the new sight that greeted one of the Exiles was any improvement. There was no firebombing, the school itself still relatively intact. And the X-Men here weren't evil, or vampires...but they were dead. The bodies of Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Storm and Dazzler among a few others lay sprawled out amongst the ground nearby. More would be found inside if she checked. Storm had been disemboweled, Colossus bore wounds that indicated impalement through the skull. Scott's head had been completely severed. That, and the lack of one particular body or two among the many? It painted a grim picture of what had happened at the school, who knows how long ago.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Daredevil

Daredevil was in the midst of a one man show, if it could be called that, when he was pulled to this strange place.

However, before he could make a snarky comment about being transported at random, and in the middle of a show with some paying customers. He had a gun in his face.

"Believe me when I say this, but I have no idea how I got here....I was in the middle of a one man performance in Texas. Though, if the whole random transportation is telling me anything. It means someone has teleported me here.....And believe me, I want to get back to my show. But if you offering...." Daredevil gently took the barrel of the weapon, redirecting it's aim to his chest. The mask's devilsih smile on his face was almost strengthened by the real one underneath it.

"What's the time at? Ten seconds? Seven seconds? Or less? Pull the trigger and allow me to show you, my greatest trick of all." He said, seeming to be insane.

@C.T.
Frank's face remained as impassive as ever...but after a few tense seconds he pulled back, lowering the weapon. "You're not infected. Suicidal. Teleported here, huh?" Castle gruffly questioned, taking a seat on his cot. "Guess that makes sense. I've seen stranger. Who the hell are you, and what the hell do you want?"

@The Wanderer

The experience of being pulled through the portal did not sit well with Chel. While not having the effects one mioght assume a human would have, she had something similar, mainly just being disorientated and a bit off-balance. She took a few minutes to rest, regain her balance and stuff, before assessing the place she had ended up in.

Looking around, she saw a lot of destruction, many husks of exploded cars and many piles of rubble from collapsed buildings. However, one building stood out, un-touched among everything else. She did not recognise its design, and was not very interested in it. She was definiteliny wondering why it was still standing, but she had no intentions of going over to check it out.

And neither was she interrested much in the other people in the same place as her. Because of this, she decided to walk away to the nearest stretch of clear tarmac. She wanted to know who was responsible for bringing her hear, so she wanted to set out to find who it was and make them explain. She ddin't need to be with any group for this.

Checking on a holo-screen that projected from the back of her right hand, she checked to see if she had a vehicle mode vcurrently scanned and activated. It wasn't activated, but there definitely was one there, and it wasn't small or partiocularly fast either.

Activating it, along with her costume/armour, she transformed and drove off down the road, setting out to look for whoever was responsible for bringing her here.

scania-off2.jpg
Chel, soon after her departure from the others, found the way blocked by a number of cars. Some were wrecked, some abandoned, some seemingly intact but streaked with blood and everything in between. And after a few moments, the sound of her engine running stirred someone lying there. Slowly he stood, head raising to peer in the direction of the sound. "Doom...Doom's land still has meat. Fresh meeeeeeat."

The infected one rose into the air by the wings along his ankles and quickly shot forward, aiming to crack through the truck's windshield with a forceful punch. He clearly expected someone to be inside for him to feast on.

However, all his time out of water had made his punch significantly less strong than it would have been.

@TheTechnologicVampire

Hercules

First thing the Lion of Olympus did was try his Avengers card to see if he could reach anyone. He happened to be returning home from a trip when the portal grabbed him out of the Shield base.

He found himself in a village, somewhere on it's main street he thought. It didn't seem entirely deserted, but the street he was on didn't have much activity. He needed to know what happened in this place that fate had brought him here.

He was wearing a workman's kilt,colored black with a gold colored tunic. Both made by the incomparable Reed Richards. He activated the fancy goggle extensions now encorporated in the gold headband he always wore. He had tall boots, very fancy, a gift from his friend Lady Sif.

In his duffle bag, he usually carried a few useful things. An extra sack of gold, a small bag of one hundred dollar bills, some medical supplies. It wasn't that big a duffle bag, a couple of rifles, a stun pistol, ammo, a sword made by Hephaestus, his mace, also made by Hephaestus, a spare set of clothes and some toiletries. The weapons lived in the bag full time anyway.

He picked up his duffle bag, slinging it over his shoulder and started to walk. Looking for the center of this place, a library, police station, someplace where people might be. He needed to figure out why he was here.

@C.T.
"...Hercules." One cop breathed out when the god entered. The police station here was lightly manned, only about four others around that he could see. A bit messy too, for a police station. Papers just scattered about. One desk had a sizable dent in it, as if someone's skull had been smashed into it. The first cop who spoke approached Hercules while the others could only stare in bewilderment and shocked surprise.

"You're alive? I...I heard you died. Far away from here, even. How?"

@Gands

Chel, soon after her departure from the others, found the way blocked by a number of cars. Some were wrecked, some abandoned, some seemingly intact but streaked with blood and everything in between. And after a few moments, the sound of her engine running stirred someone lying there. Slowly he stood, head raising to peer in the direction of the sound. "Doom...Doom's land still has meat. Fresh meeeeeeat."

The infected one rose into the air by the wings along his ankles and quickly shot forward, aiming to crack through the truck's windshield with a forceful punch. He clearly expected someone to be inside for him to feast on.

However, all his time out of water had made his punch significantly less strong than it would have been.

@TheTechnologicVampire

Chel smirked and she briefly transformed out of her vehicle mode, watching as the person went soaring over her head. However, she was curious as to why they were attacking her. She assumed cannibalism, but they would have a hard time eating her, necause although she looks like she is, she is definitely not made of flesh znd bone, as was evident with her transforming.

She did not want him stickimg around any longer, whatever this person was, so she pulled oit the weapon she has with the Scania S730. It was a truck, so the weapon was obviously going to be a heavy one. In fact, it was kinda the perfect one: a non-liner rifle. It needed some time to charge up, of course, but the shot would be sure to do some very substantial damage to them, maybe even kill them out-right if she was lucky.

Taking aim, she started charging it up, remembering to give enough lead on the target so the shot can hit. After 3 seconds, the shot was ready, at which point she let it fly, the shot coming out of the barrel as a beam of purple light as it sped towards the target at tremendous speeds, going even faster than a standard bullet.

@C.T.

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Hospes @Ringmaster [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If you asked Rook if he had traveled to another Earth, he would have responded with an unofficially one time before. Didn't make the experience less sickening. Feeling like you were being squeezed through a tight tube of toothpaste. He gave a silent dry cough before taking up his bearings. Only to realize one of the person's pulled through the portal was already driving off. Meanwhile, looked to see who else had been pulled through.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]One was a woman in a red suit. Rook raised a brow. He had always wished he was more knowledgeable in this aspect, to know the heroes of all the names. Dead, something. Him and Weaver never paid much attention to it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]One of them looked a lot like Mary Jane Watson. Rook recognized her right away. He inspected her with a nervous eye. He wasn't sure if it was his Mary Jane Watson. He was aware of the multiverse, he just had no desire to go Earth hopping all the time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Except this Earth looked sick. Desolated. Deserted. Like the post apocalyptic. Something about this Earth felt sick. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Be careful [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Weaver echoed in the back of his mind. Rook nodded. That was a good start.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Is everyone alright?" Rook asked the other two. If he had any indication of how he felt right now, if they were at all remotely human than he could imagine the traveling sickness involved in hopping via the portal.[/BCOLOR]

"You're not one for staying down, are you? No need to answer. Rhetorical. Though I don't think you'd even give a good answer given your hissing about meat..."

The guy just kept on getting up. Even when she stopped holding back and let loose with stronger blows, still he rose. A persistent stubborn...zombie? Hunter? Something. She wasn't sure pain registered with him. Broken legs, torn ligaments, concussions...his dogged refusal to stay down prompted a change of tactics. Which was why he was currently pinned to the wall with a mound of webbing covering everything except his head. Even then he was snarling.

Jessica was more confused than ever. She left the guy behind, zipping along the city lines briefly. She saw no one at al on her quick trek, which was way more unnerving than she expected. It made her go all the faster and soon enough, she was at her destination. A rather unassuming alley to most, littered with trash and no different than a thousand others.

I hope this works.

"Special Agent Jessica Drew. Password 167-051963-121981."

"Acknowledged."

The hidden door actually opened and she stepped through before it sealed shut behind her. A SHIELD safehouse, roughly in the same place. What luck. She stepped into the illuminated large room, a collection of monitors along the far wall. A hallway down to a medical unit and a sizable storage room filled with rations to last a long time, if this SHIELD was anything like her own. Paranoid and prepared in equal measure. If there were any answers, she hoped SHIELD had them.

"I still can't believe that worked."

"It didn't."

The sudden voice had her jump up in surprise, not even a blink on her spider-sense. Instantly on high-alert, she turned and fell into a combat stance. "Who's there?!"

"Just me." With that, the former director of SHIELD of this reality stepped out of the shadows. "Colonel Nick Fury. I let you in. You didn't really think the passcode from an alternate Earth would work here, did you kid? Different people, different experiences." He gruffly stated. "Hell, changed the passcodes myself. Had to, SHIELD as a whole was compromised."

"Compromised?"

"It doesn't exist any more. As far as I've been able to dig up, I'm the only agent left. Until you came knocking on my door."

"??? Sorry, I'm lost. Maybe start over, y'know, from the beginning?"

"Simple, really. The end of the world. Computer, onscreen. File 071."

yJCRk3l.jpg

"A zombie infection caused--"

"No. It's not like that. This thing spread unseen. Turned people insane with rage and bloodlust. The scientists that brought you here will know how to explain it much better than I can."

"...Wait, you know who brought me here??"

He snorted. "Course I do. I'm tapped into what little that remains. Reed Richards and T'Challa. The two smartest men left on the planet, secluded in Alaska. They want to restore the planet and for that they needed more help. With SHIELD all but gone and the legions of superhumans that used to be now living for nothing more than territory and food, they needed to go beyond."

"So SHIELD's really gone."

"Yes. Hill, Dugan, Jones and all the rest."

"There goes my paycheck. So how did you survive?"

"I always survive. It is what I do."

Jess fell quiet for a while, just thinking on that. When she eventually spoke up again, she asked if he had a way to get her up there

"No, but you won't need to. They'll be coming to you for retrieval. But that's not the pressing issue." Fury's attention was drawn to one of the screens, displaying just outside in the alley. The guy Jess had beat up on earlier was skulking around.

"Oh c'mon, seriously? Can't he just give up?!"

"Hah. Victor Creed didn't know the meaning of that word, even before he...well. That son of a bitch was always crazy."

Outside, the camera picked up on: "The nose knows. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. Spideeeeeeeeeeeeeer-meat."

"Can't you fry him or something??"

"Nothing that'll last."

"Ugh." She groaned, wishing she had access to Jennix's cannons if only for a second.

"He'll tire soon enough. They're too focused on their primitive instincts. Patience is a weakness now. And you'll have your ride soo enough, as will the others."

"Alright, cool--wait others??????"

"...Sit down and listen, kid.''

"...Hercules." One cop breathed out when the god entered. The police station here was lightly manned, only about four others around that he could see. A bit messy too, for a police station. Papers just scattered about. One desk had a sizable dent in it, as if someone's skull had been smashed into it. The first cop who spoke approached Hercules while the others could only stare in bewilderment and shocked surprise.

"You're alive? I...I heard you died. Far away from here, even. How?"

Hercules

" Dead?" Hercules didn't quite gasp. He couldn't easily acknowledge the possibility. It took him a moment to steady himself, his expression carefully neutral now.

" Lets just say, I was brought here from someplace where things were normal. What can you tell me about what happened. I'll need as much of an update as you can give me. "

He felt his insides, his gut tighten. If something could kill him and had wanted to. Things were dire indeed. He looked down at his avengers ID card which as yet hadn't been answered. Who was left, and how had this little village avoided the majority of the difficulties ?

@C.T.

It was hard to say whether or not the new sight that greeted one of the Exiles was any improvement. There was no firebombing, the school itself still relatively intact. And the X-Men here weren't evil, or vampires...but they were dead. The bodies of Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Storm and Dazzler among a few others lay sprawled out amongst the ground nearby. More would be found inside if she checked. Storm had been disemboweled, Colossus bore wounds that indicated impalement through the skull. Scott's head had been completely severed. That, and the lack of one particular body or two among the many? It painted a grim picture of what had happened at the school, who knows how long ago.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"..."

Blink went through her search meticulously and quiet at first, but... whatever happened here, the sight and ugh, the smell made it clear that this had happened long before. "Hello?!" She called out, once inside the mansion and again in the lower levels, but... Nothing. Silence.

"...Shit- ow!" Blink grimaced as she shook the foot that had just kicked the danger room's wall in frustration. She took a deep breath and rand rubbed her forehead. "Ok. Not the worst you've seen. Relax. There's something to fix here, or... Or there was an accident, and the team will find me. Maybe... maybe this and Russia are unrelated. Maybe the rest isn't so bad."

...Man, now she was talking to herself. It'd been way too long since she'd worked alone. She grimaced at herself, shook herself out of her funk, and blinked away from the shadows and carnage.

-----------------------------------------------

If you wanted to know if humanity survived, one of the best places to check was New York. It always seemed like it was either the first to go or the last to leave when it came to humanity's survival, and she teleported a few dozen feet above the empire state building to see if it was still standing before she dropped atop it and peered out at the city below.

@C.T.

Last edited:

Chel smirked and she briefly transformed out of her vehicle mode, watching as the person went soaring over her head. However, she was curious as to why they were attacking her. She assumed cannibalism, but they would have a hard time eating her, necause although she looks like she is, she is definitely not made of flesh znd bone, as was evident with her transforming.

She did not want him stickimg around any longer, whatever this person was, so she pulled oit the weapon she has with the Scania S730. It was a truck, so the weapon was obviously going to be a heavy one. In fact, it was kinda the perfect one: a non-liner rifle. It needed some time to charge up, of course, but the shot would be sure to do some very substantial damage to them, maybe even kill them out-right if she was lucky.

Taking aim, she started charging it up, remembering to give enough lead on the target so the shot can hit. After 3 seconds, the shot was ready, at which point she let it fly, the shot coming out of the barrel as a beam of purple light as it sped towards the target at tremendous speeds, going even faster than a standard bullet.

@C.T.
The shot hit clean, the nearby sky lighting up in a purple flash. The shot passed straight through with a pained grunt, the Atlantean monarch falling through the air like a stone and crumpling along the ground where he continued to groan...for a few more seconds before he pushed himself back onto his feet. His durability, the effect of the infection and his hardheaded nature required more than that. "Foolish meat. You will be...mine." With some effort, he threw one of the abandoned cars at her, followed by another.

@TheTechnologicVampire
Hercules

" Dead?" Hercules didn't quite gasp. He couldn't easily acknowledge the possibility. It took him a moment to steady himself, his expression carefully neutral now.

" Lets just say, I was brought here from someplace where things were normal. What can you tell me about what happened. I'll need as much of an update as you can give me. "

He felt his insides, his gut tighten. If something could kill him and had wanted to. Things were dire indeed. He looked down at his avengers ID card which as yet hadn't been answered. Who was left, and how had this little village avoided the majority of the difficulties ?
"...Well." He looked over at his comrades who only shrugged. "Afraid all we can tell you is what we got off the news before they ceased broadcasting. People going nuts, starting to eat people. Heroes caught in the middle, fighting to stop the spread of whatever it was. Madness in the streets of New York, heroes and killers alike fighting together just to survive. Chaotic."

muva1b.jpeg

"We're still not sure what it was, exactly. It reached here, to be sure." He gestured to the dented desk. "But in small numbers. We're a tiny population, barely anyone came here or left for vacation or anything. Secluded as well. Nobody's come through in months."

@Gands
"..."

Blink went through her search meticulously and quiet at first, but... whatever happened here, the sight and ugh, the smell made it clear that this had happened long before. "Hello?!" She called out, once inside the mansion and again in the lower levels, but... Nothing. Silence.

"...Shit- ow!" Blink grimaced as she shook the foot that had just kicked the danger room's wall in frustration. She took a deep breath and rand rubbed her forehead. "Ok. Not the worst you've seen. Relax. There's something to fix here, or... Or there was an accident, and the team will find me. Maybe... maybe this and Russia are unrelated. Maybe the rest isn't so bad."

...Man, now she was talking to herself. It'd been way too long since she'd worked alone. She grimaced at herself, shook herself out of her funk, and blinked away from the shadows and carnage.

-----------------------------------------------

If you wanted to know if humanity survived, one of the best places to check was New York. It always seemed like it was either the first to go or the last to leave when it came to humanity's survival, and she teleported a few dozen feet above the empire state building to see if it was still standing before she dropped atop it and peered out at the city below.

@C.T.
As with Russia and the mansion, the sight of New York was not much different. Clear evidence of serious shit that had gone down. But this time it also came with a hint of someone alive around, as in the distance she could make out the sight of someone moving on the street far below, features too distant to make out if it was a man or a woman. Simply the movement.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

The shot hit clean, the nearby sky lighting up in a purple flash. The shot passed straight through with a pained grunt, the Atlantean monarch falling through the air like a stone and crumpling along the ground where he continued to groan...for a few more seconds before he pushed himself back onto his feet. His durability, the effect of the infection and his hardheaded nature required more than that. "Foolish meat. You will be...mine." With some effort, he threw one of the abandoned cars at her, followed by another.

@TheTechnologicVampire
With a blank expression on her face, Chel split into the tendrils, weaving around the cars flying towards her. It was at that moment that she spotted a car better suited for what she wanted to do. First, though, she had to deal with this prick, thinking he could eat her.

After the two cars had been flung at her, she reformed into her humanoid state, a shot on her non-linear rifle already charging up. Once fully charged, she let the shot go once more, immediately turning her attention to the car she wanted, putting two fingers against her right temple as she proceeded to scan it. The shot from her non-linear rifle should've given her enough time to successfully scan the car without getting attacked, or just finish when an attack from him was about to come her way.

@C.T.

2017-lamborghini-aventador-s-0.jpg

2017 Lamborghini Aventador S Coupe.
730 bhp. 6.5 litre N/A V12. 217 mph top speed. 0-62 mph in 2.9 seconds. AWD. 7 speed dual-clutch gearbox.
Colour is bright blue, not yellow.

As with Russia and the mansion, the sight of New York was not much different. Clear evidence of serious shit that had gone down. But this time it also came with a hint of someone alive around, as in the distance she could make out the sight of someone moving on the street far below, features too distant to make out if it was a man or a woman. Simply the movement.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Alright. Scratch that theory. If Petersburg and New York were both down, there was a good chance they either did it to each other or the whole world was the same. She rubbed her eyes in frustration as she sat on the edge of the building with a groan. 'Better check some European and asian countries just to make sure this isn't some cold war gone wrong scenario' She thought to herself as she opened her eyes to jump again.

Wait.

She peered down at the ground below with on hand shielding her from the sun. Hey. A person!

She jumped and disappeared with a blink, reappearing on a lower building to try and get a better look at who was down below.

@C.T.

With a blank expression on her face, Chel split into the tendrils, weaving around the cars flying towards her. It was at that moment that she spotted a car better suited for what she wanted to do. First, though, she had to deal with this prick, thinking he could eat her.

After the two cars had been flung at her, she reformed into her humanoid state, a shot on her non-linear rifle already charging up. Once fully charged, she let the shot go once more, immediately turning her attention to the car she wanted, putting two fingers against her right temple as she proceeded to scan it. The shot from her non-linear rifle should've given her enough time to successfully scan the car without getting attacked, or just finish when an attack from him was about to come her way.

@C.T.

2017-lamborghini-aventador-s-0.jpg

2017 Lamborghini Aventador S Coupe.
730 bhp. 6.5 litre N/A V12. 217 mph top speed. 0-62 mph in 2.9 seconds. AWD. 7 speed dual-clutch gearbox.
Colour is bright blue, not yellow.
The infected King rolled away from the shot in his mid-air flight following his car throws, rapidly closing the distance. Tackling Chel, he sought to grab her by the head and smash her skull into the road for a fierce blow. "You're...not meat. Just die!"
Alright. Scratch that theory. If Petersburg and New York were both down, there was a good chance they either did it to each other or the whole world was the same. She rubbed her eyes in frustration as she sat on the edge of the building with a groan. 'Better check some European and asian countries just to make sure this isn't some cold war gone wrong scenario' She thought to herself as she opened her eyes to jump again.

Wait.

She peered down at the ground below with on hand shielding her from the sun. Hey. A person!

She jumped and disappeared with a blink, reappearing on a lower building to try and get a better look at who was down below.

@C.T.
Her decreased distance allowed her to make out the person easily enough, gender and all. Of course, her being closer also made her more noticeable to him. He had been focused on this wall, certain his nose hadn't been wrong. The scent was here. "Spider...not unlike his." He had growled quietly. But the new scent drew his attention, wafting into his range and his head snapped up, instantly looking right back at Blink. Sabretooth began to salivate, looking hungrily at her. "More meat."

He jumped up to start scaling the buildings to get closer to his target, moving at a frenzied and mad pace.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

The infected King rolled away from the shot in his mid-air flight following his car throws, rapidly closing the distance. Tackling Chel, he sought to grab her by the head and smash her skull into the road for a fierce blow. "You're...not meat. Just die!"
Of course, she wasn't going to let that happen.

Breaking concentration, she stopped the scanning process and once again split into the tendrils, reforming behind him with a shot from her non-linear rifle already charged up, which she instantly released once she fully reformed.

All this time, her expression hadn't changed one bit, staying in its blank state as she focused on disposing of the threat in front of her. She had no time to show emotions. This... thing... (she couldn't even call them a person anymore) stood in the way of getting to her goal, so she needed to dispose of them quickly before she went on her way. She also needed to find some cover away from them so she could scan the Lamborghini without being interrupted by any of his attacks.

And thus, she quickly scanned her surroundings for anything that could offer her that.

@C.T.

Daredevil

Daredevil couldn't help but gasp dramatically.

"Really? Dark red uniform? Pentagram on chest? Devil like mask? Does 'Daredevil' ring a name? I thought the money I paid those agents, they would've at least put stuff in the newspaper about my shows......As for what do I want.....Seeing as I had a show, I want to be sent back. But...." He trailed off as he looked around. "I don't think I'll find my way back via this place."

"Also....What was that about infected?" He asked. "Cause, if you're talking about the Terrigen mist, I don't think that counts as an infection, but more like everyone becoming a mutant of sorts."

@C.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.