Status
Not open for further replies.
Hercules

The big man started calling what phone numbers he had for other superheroes and groups.

He though about each of his friends as he tried to contact them. His mood darkening considerably. He then tried to call his landlady.

Once he had exhausted that he asked " so, is there anything in town I can help out with. I need to get my mind busy with some task "

@C.T.
"I don't...I mean, I guess we can go drive around and check. Sorry your calls didn't get through?"​

Chel allowed herself to produce a small smile as she watched her costume reform to have parts of the Lamborghini, rather than the Scania.

She then looked up and saw the thing with the Lamborghini in-hand, intending on using it as a melee weapon. Chel quickly pulled out the weapon she was given with the Aventador S, which was a rapid-fire plasma rifle, and unloaded a burst into them. This more than likely bought her the time to form into the tendrils, manuver past the wrecked cars, reform imto the Lamborghini and speed away, the V12 screaming as she pushed it to its max in an attempt to get away and continue her search.

@C.T.
She indeed manage to get away, the Atlantean King fading in the distance as she continued off along the Latverian road. The farther she went, the less she saw around her until finally she was deep in Latveria farm lands with no one and nothing around for miles. There seemed to be no answers here.​

"Definitely not in the state he's in" She agreed with a grown as she peered back over the side of the building. "And agreed. I can get us where we need to go.Where's this world's Fury ? Or by half crazed did you mean the same as Victor down there?" She asked, not too keen on taking her eyes off of the opening in the wall.

Of course, if cannibal Victor was as smart as regular Victor...

"Don't panic, I'm gonna teleport us" she said as she slowly reached for widows shoulder, not keen on accidentally starting a fight by grabbing strangers.

*Blink!*
----------------------------

*Blink!*

The portal opened up a few feet above St. Peter's Cathedral, back in St. Petersburg among the remnant flames and ashes. Blink landed deflty and let go of Widow's shoulder. "Sorry. Didn't want to deal with a hungry cannibal bursting through the roof, or something. So... If you just got here too, this..."

That meant there was a chance it had nothing to do with the Crystal palace. There should be a limit to how many multiverse catastrophes one person got pulled into in a lifetime.

@C.T.
"...You know, I dunno if I'll ever get used to that feeling." Jessica grumbled, stepping back a bit when they landed. A quick glance around to determine location brought a scowl to her face. Russia wasn't any better off, if anything it was worse. Or it had been. Turning to focus on Blink instead of dwelling on the surroundings, she shook her head. "No...Fury wasn't like Victor back there. He was still...normal. In a sense. What I mean is, for a while he seemed lucid. Not trying to eat me or anythin' like that. But then in the next moments, he kept looking over his own shoulder. It was like he was arguing with somebody, but there was nobody there. Rambling on, muttering names repeatedly. Ranks, serial numbers, other disjointed things. He was still in the midst of that when I left to help you with Victor. I don't think he even realized that I had left." She scratched the back of her head.

"Yeah, I still don't know what all this is or how I got here. Fury talked about...an infection. People turning into cannibalistic hunters."

First instinct screamed for me to get out of dodge but what superhero ever listened to that tiny, squeaky voice?

"Hey...," Barton started, calling towards the woman's squatted form, "Sorry to-- uh-- disturb you amid your likely scrumptious meal but d'ya know you've got blood all over you?"

Peering closer, in the form of stepping further, Clint furrowed his brows with his fingertips tightening around the nocked arrow. Something felt incredibly off yet he had to ask, "Do I know you, miss? Maybe you can tell me what's going on after you've had your snack."

What was it she was eating anyway? Clint attempted to finagle a look about the thing she was eating.

@C.T.
The woman ceased in eating, slowly turning once the sound of the voiced reached her ears. A chunk of flesh was stuck in her teeth, blood dripping down her chin. A severed arm in one of her hands, with the body it belonged to lying prone on the ground before her. From the back and without her usual uniform or wings, the connection was harder to spot. But when she did turn, even covered with dirt and blood and sweat, her face was recognizable.

Janet Van Dyne.

@Indolent

Hercules
@C.T.

"That is a grand idea gentlemen ! Let us drive around and check out your village."

The deputies did notice his mood, which had darkened a bit after trying all the phone calls, brightened a little at the prospect of checking the town. He seemed to straighten himself out, his expression less dire as he picked up the large duffle and prepared to leave.

"Now try to think big boys ! I am quite strong."

So... This definitely wasn't the living room, and there was definitely no pizza here. Damn, and she'd been really looking forward to eating, too. She was starving, and...- Well, okay, the fact that she was in an unfamiliar, desolate wasteland probably should have concerned Wanda Wilson more than the fact that she had apparently lost access to that leftover pizza from last week that she'd been about to dig into, but in her defense, it had been some damn good pizza! With that being said, she intended to find whatever offender had pulled her away from it and serve them sweet, delicious justice!

--Okay, bad idiom. ...Simile? Hyperbole-- Oh, what-fuckin'-ever.

It was with determination that the totally eloquent lady garbed in red and black scratched her ear as she looked around with a rumbling stomach in a totally, one-hundred percent lady-like manner, seeking the offender. But she saw... Nothing. Blood, darkness, and--

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]Sooo. What's the deal with that big, menacing castle? [/BCOLOR]

I dunno. It seems kinda scary.

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]...Want to go check it out? Maybe they've got pizza. Or someone with an ass to kick.[/BCOLOR]

You had me at pizza.

lady_deadpool_by_black_hunter-d5f3l57.png

"Sooo... I hate to interrupt the little 'sexual tension' thing you two have got going on and all, really, but do either of you know what's up with this lovely post-apocalyptic air we've got going on here?" A new voice chimed in on the conversation between Sonja and Weaver, casually poking her head between the two as she joined them with a surprising amount of energy and lack of wariness, considering the situation they were in.

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]I don't remember signing up for The Walking Dead.[/BCOLOR]

Since when have we signed up for any of the s%#* we've wound up in?

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]...Touche.[/BCOLOR]

@Ringmaster @C.T. @T _ T Salty

• Love
Reactions: C.T.
Daredevil

He tilted his head, before picking up the newspaper. Slightly annoyed. Everyone knew that the original Daredevil had died years ago. Though, exactly how was left to the imagination.

But, how does this man not know who he was. The Unkillable Daredevil? The one guy whose show was where the audience could even wield weapons against him?

But, he looked at the newspaper. Scouring through it's contents. Though, his eyes did widen at the contents. People eating one another. Sounded like a zombie thing. But, his smile also widened, this could be a chance at dying.

"So, it would appear that I sent to another universe. Lovely.....So, if I was brought over. Then that would mean someone did it with purpose. Any idea on who that may be, and where I can find them?" The sooner he found the people responsible for the teleportation, the sooner he could get home. He had a show to do.
@C.T.

lady_deadpool_by_black_hunter-d5f3l57.png

"Sooo... I hate to interrupt the little 'sexual tension' thing you two have got going on and all, really, but do either of you know what's up with this lovely post-apocalyptic air we've got going on here?" A new voice chimed in on the conversation between Sonja and Weaver, casually poking her head between the two as she joined them with a surprising amount of energy and lack of wariness, considering the situation they were in.
"Doesn't he wish?" Sonja replied in frank amusement, not even looking at Lady Deadpool as she kept walking. More to the point, she continued.

"Whatever has ravaged this land was one to prompt the survival instinct of many however, I can tell you that." She waved a hand to the sides.

"The majority of places looted appear to be those of food, or water- Those of material value are left behind. That bespoke a quiet desperation to me, otherwise? Your guess is as good as mine."

@Hospes

"...You know, I dunno if I'll ever get used to that feeling." Jessica grumbled, stepping back a bit when they landed. A quick glance around to determine location brought a scowl to her face. Russia wasn't any better off, if anything it was worse. Or it had been. Turning to focus on Blink instead of dwelling on the surroundings, she shook her head. "No...Fury wasn't like Victor back there. He was still...normal. In a sense. What I mean is, for a while he seemed lucid. Not trying to eat me or anythin' like that. But then in the next moments, he kept looking over his own shoulder. It was like he was arguing with somebody, but there was nobody there. Rambling on, muttering names repeatedly. Ranks, serial numbers, other disjointed things. He was still in the midst of that when I left to help you with Victor. I don't think he even realized that I had left." She scratched the back of her head.

"Yeah, I still don't know what all this is or how I got here. Fury talked about...an infection. People turning into cannibalistic hunters."
She nodded to herself and reached up to scratch at her chin in thought. "Well... he's probably not going to be too much help to us if he's lost his mind, but... Well, we can't just leave the only non infected native we've found so far. I uh, assume this whole world hopping bit isn't your usual, right?" she asked with a sympathetic frown. "Don't worry. I don't think anyone can be an expert at fixing worlds gone wrong, but I've got... relevant experience at least." She left out the part about how she was always told how to save a world when she was sent to it. Even the more cryptic hints were better than needing to find the one tiny hole in an entire world that helped plug the gaps in time, if this even was a world that could be saved.

So yea. No need to share that part yet.

Lets grab Fury before Victor finds him and then check to see if this mess was confined to the cold war jerk squad." she suggested as she moved to teleport them back on top of the empire state if Jessica didn't object.

"I'm Blink, by the way."

@C.T.

Hercules
@C.T.

"That is a grand idea gentlemen ! Let us drive around and check out your village."

The deputies did notice his mood, which had darkened a bit after trying all the phone calls, brightened a little at the prospect of checking the town. He seemed to straighten himself out, his expression less dire as he picked up the large duffle and prepared to leave.

"Now try to think big boys ! I am quite strong."
"Well I--"

"I have a better idea. Hercules." Another voice cut in, Vision phasing in through one of the station's wall. "Forgive the abrupt entrance, but time is of the essence. Thankfully your attempt at communication helped narrow your location...but your assistance would be better served elsewhere." Vision was pleased to find a relatively sizable population of uninfected and unharmed, but he had a timetable to meet. The town's location was saved in his memory banks for later retrieval.

@Gands

"So, it would appear that I sent to another universe. Lovely.....So, if I was brought over. Then that would mean someone did it with purpose. Any idea on who that may be, and where I can find them?" The sooner he found the people responsible for the teleportation, the sooner he could get home. He had a show to do.​
"No." The vigilante answered bluntly, already turning away.

@The Wanderer

She nodded to herself and reached up to scratch at her chin in thought. "Well... he's probably not going to be too much help to us if he's lost his mind, but... Well, we can't just leave the only non infected native we've found so far. I uh, assume this whole world hopping bit isn't your usual, right?" she asked with a sympathetic frown. "Don't worry. I don't think anyone can be an expert at fixing worlds gone wrong, but I've got... relevant experience at least." She left out the part about how she was always told how to save a world when she was sent to it. Even the more cryptic hints were better than needing to find the one tiny hole in an entire world that helped plug the gaps in time, if this even was a world that could be saved.

So yea. No need to share that part yet.

Lets grab Fury before Victor finds him and then check to see if this mess was confined to the cold war jerk squad." she suggested as she moved to teleport them back on top of the empire state if Jessica didn't object.

"I'm Blink, by the way."

@C.T.
"I don't know about that. Leaving his sanity aside, when I think up a list of the safest places on the planet, a SHIELD safehouse is high up there. And nah, I've done it before...more than I'd like. World-hopping, that is. Long story. Just doubt I'll ever get used to it." Jessica shrugged. "But I don't have any objections to that plan. We definitely need answers. Better ones." She stayed silent until they were back in New York once more. "He's not far from here. And...I'm Black Widow."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Hercules

"Well gentlemen (he turned back to the deputies) You have my word that I will be back."

The Olympian took out the shield stun pistol and gave it to the officers, complete with solar charger.

"Take this my friends, to keep your enemies a step or two further back eh ! " He smiles and shook a couple of hands before turning back to Vision.

"As for you my friend ( Hercules approached and gave Vision a big hug.) After what I had heard, I am most glad to know you are all in one piece. Lets go then, I am ready." The big man picked up his large duffle bag and readied himself to follow Vision.

@C.T.

The woman ceased in eating, slowly turning once the sound of the voiced reached her ears. A chunk of flesh was stuck in her teeth, blood dripping down her chin. A severed arm in one of her hands, with the body it belonged to lying prone on the ground before her. From the back and without her usual uniform or wings, the connection was harder to spot. But when she did turn, even covered with dirt and blood and sweat, her face was recognizable.

Janet Van Dyne.

@Indolent
The tips of Hawkeye's fingers gripping the thread restraining the nocked arrow's burgeoning flight nearly slipped, "No-- no way. Janet?" Barton barely breathed out, dread coloring the shock in his tone as his form loosened in disbelief.

Impossible... the Wasp of all people? I always thought that the first people to go cannibal were going to be the dumb and heavy bricks. For... whatever reason. Y'know... like Hulk? Not Janet. There was no not facing it, something was really wrong and it was the major kind of wrong. Instinct's on full whirl and I hate it telling me what to do off the bat.

Not just yet, maybe I could get to the bottom of this.

I just really, really hope van Dyne wouldn't snap into another Slim Jim just yet.

Regaining his composure following his internal monologue, the musculature of his form tensed anew as Clint slipped back into combat ready posture. Barton peered over the muddled hair of auburn, across Janet's petite face, doured with dirt and flesh, seeking for any signs of recognition on Janet's part. He'd try to help accelerate the process before he was forced to do something that would basically resolve to him hating himself for the rest of his life.

"Janet, it's me. Barton. You know me. And my itchy finger with the arrows; let's do ourselves a favor and not do anything we'd regret. Especially me. You cognizant?"

The arrowhead was downturned away from the profile of Wasp's body but, for the expert archer, it could be easily trained onto her body within a split second.

@C.T.

"Doesn't he wish?" Sonja replied in frank amusement, not even looking at Lady Deadpool as she kept walking. More to the point, she continued.

"Whatever has ravaged this land was one to prompt the survival instinct of many however, I can tell you that." She waved a hand to the sides.

"The majority of places looted appear to be those of food, or water- Those of material value are left behind. That bespoke a quiet desperation to me, otherwise? Your guess is as good as mine."

@Hospes
00029gez

"Haha, no need to deny it, sweetheart. You two reek of hormones and an urge to love-make," Wanda remarked, sliding her arm around Sonja's shoulder while making a wave outward with her other hand, seeming to have no awareness- or perhaps care -that she was invading the other's personal space. "But anyways, the fact that this nice, desolated, gorey probably zombie-ridden place is a turn-on aside, you actually got a point, looks like." There was a long pause now as Wanda walked along with Sonja and Rook, before finally speaking up again.

"...So. That all said, you wouldn't have happened to have seen any pizza thieves around, have you?" There was an even shorter pause before Lady Deadpool leaned even closer to Sonja, narrowing her eyes. "....You wouldn't happen to be a pizza thief, right?"

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]Never trust the f$*#in' redheads.[/BCOLOR]

@Ringmaster @T _ T Salty

00029gez

"Haha, no need to deny it, sweetheart. You two reek of hormones and an urge to love-make," Wanda remarked, sliding her arm around Sonja's shoulder while making a wave outward with her other hand, seeming to have no awareness- or perhaps care -that she was invading the other's personal space. "But anyways, the fact that this nice, desolated, gorey probably zombie-ridden place is a turn-on aside, you actually got a point, looks like." There was a long pause now as Wanda walked along with Sonja and Rook, before finally speaking up again.

"...So. That all said, you wouldn't have happened to have seen any pizza thieves around, have you?" There was an even shorter pause before Lady Deadpool leaned even closer to Sonja, narrowing her eyes. "....You wouldn't happen to be a pizza thief, right?"

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]Never trust the f$*#in' redheads.[/BCOLOR]

@Ringmaster @T _ T Salty
"Get your hand off of my shoulder. Please."

Sonja replied deadpan, the please added as an afterthought as she stepped on something that shattered. Curious, she pulled her foot back to see a locket. Old fashioned, much like the world around them and picking it up revealed a small picture of a woman in a headwrap and a pocketwatch, who's hands had stopped.

Times changed, some things remained the same as always and she brushed off the glass, closing it to slip into her pocket. Didn't seem right to leave it on the road and she kept going. A moment later, she asked Lady Deadpool.

"So. You look like someone I follow on twitter."

@Hospes @T _ T Salty

The tips of Hawkeye's fingers gripping the thread restraining the nocked arrow's burgeoning flight nearly slipped, "No-- no way. Janet?" Barton barely breathed out, dread coloring the shock in his tone as his form loosened in disbelief.

Impossible... the Wasp of all people? I always thought that the first people to go cannibal were going to be the dumb and heavy bricks. For... whatever reason. Y'know... like Hulk? Not Janet. There was no not facing it, something was really wrong and it was the major kind of wrong. Instinct's on full whirl and I hate it telling me what to do off the bat.

Not just yet, maybe I could get to the bottom of this.

I just really, really hope van Dyne wouldn't snap into another Slim Jim just yet.

Regaining his composure following his internal monologue, the musculature of his form tensed anew as Clint slipped back into combat ready posture. Barton peered over the muddled hair of auburn, across Janet's petite face, doured with dirt and flesh, seeking for any signs of recognition on Janet's part. He'd try to help accelerate the process before he was forced to do something that would basically resolve to him hating himself for the rest of his life.

"Janet, it's me. Barton. You know me. And my itchy finger with the arrows; let's do ourselves a favor and not do anything we'd regret. Especially me. You cognizant?"

The arrowhead was downturned away from the profile of Wasp's body but, for the expert archer, it could be easily trained onto her body within a split second.

@C.T.
"Cliiiiiiint." It was a low, guttural hiss, deep even for someone like Janet. The arm was dropped to the ground as Janet rose to her feet, licking her lips dry of blood. "Did you come all this way...to be my meat? Thoughtfuuuuuul." She was certainly more talkative than a lot of others. The former hero's face lit up with a crooked grin, her white teeth stained red for the moment. A smile that didn't quite reach her eyes, which were narrowed and focused on his bow, clearly wary of the weapon.

@Indolent

"Cliiiiiiint." It was a low, guttural hiss, deep even for someone like Janet. The arm was dropped to the ground as Janet rose to her feet, licking her lips dry of blood. "Did you come all this way...to be my meat? Thoughtfuuuuuul." She was certainly more talkative than a lot of others. The former hero's face lit up with a crooked grin, her white teeth stained red for the moment. A smile that didn't quite reach her eyes, which were narrowed and focused on his bow, clearly wary of the weapon.

@Indolent
Naivete aside, I already knew there wasn't much of a shot here in my deliberate stupid attempt. Fortunately, and believe you me I hate to say it, I had a shot lined for Janet's center mass. Just one problem-- this was the boomerang arrow.

"Uh, no not really. I thought I'd come all this way to meet with a friend? Hopefully..." Though there was no hiding the subtle disgust that underlined the nuanced contours of Barton's face... and a surprisingly weary sigh followed, resonating with the knowing that there was no point to the charade. Clinton Barton's features hardened, with the slight clenching of his jaws as he drew the bow back once more.

This wasn't the Janet he knew, having ascertained the fact in how she carried herself.

As for his quandary with the arrow, he'd figure it out. He always did.

"Let's get this over with."

He'd say his sorries later.

@C.T.

Reactions: Gands
Daredevil

"Alrighty then. Seeing as I don't have any other business here, I'll get out of your hair." Daredevil was about to walk off, when he suddenly stopped. "Quick question, where is the exit to this place? So, I don't go stumbling around and end up attracting any of these infected you were talking about. They sound like they don't play nice." He looked at Frank.

@C.T.

Naivete aside, I already knew there wasn't much of a shot here in my deliberate stupid attempt. Fortunately, and believe you me I hate to say it, I had a shot lined for Janet's center mass. Just one problem-- this was the boomerang arrow.

"Uh, no not really. I thought I'd come all this way to meet with a friend? Hopefully..." Though there was no hiding the subtle disgust that underlined the nuanced contours of Barton's face... and a surprisingly weary sigh followed, resonating with the knowing that there was no point to the charade. Clinton Barton's features hardened, with the slight clenching of his jaws as he drew the bow back once more.

This wasn't the Janet he knew, having ascertained the fact in how she carried herself.

As for his quandary with the arrow, he'd figure it out. He always did.

"Let's get this over with."

He'd say his sorries later.

@C.T.
And before "over" had even finished getting out of his mouth, Janet lunged forward with remarkable speed. Her sights were clearly solely on making the archer her next breakfast, the previous meal almost completely forgotten in the heat of the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.