Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton Barton was so insulted by the audacity of Monet's unwarranted attack on his intellect and the sheer passive-aggressive noping from Alter-Reed he sullenly left without another word, making for the cafeteria instead for some coffee to deaden his soul further with its bitter, diuretic effects. All of a sudden, he, as did the others, found themselves under attack, and it was with heavy sorrow upon heart and soul Barton shed a tear as the glass cistern of the wakeful black liquid shattered. As its contents dispersed and dripped everywhere, Barton only had this to say, "Aw, coffee, no...," and in an instant, his mask of sorrow was replaced with one of solemn duty.

Vengeance would be had.

Or, really, seriousness. Hawkeye had to be deliberate about survival since he'd gotten the gist of the circumstances. Drawing his bow and arrow as he sought out the other heroes, since he couldn't really survive on his own-- much to his chagrin-- but he'd the perfect compromise for his quandary.

Find the superior mutant or the Olympian lion, whoever came first, and get the hell out after helping the rest.

Somehow, I miss hearing "Avengers Assemble!" right now at this very moment.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Gands

Though they were among allies, Sonja had talked Mary down from being the dominant persona. Just in case, considering the interactions prior between their host and others.

It turned out to be the smartest idea, as she woke up with her hand on her sword and enemies at the gate...So to speak.

Any monster in her way would be cleaved or pushed aside in her attempt to help them escape.

What else could they do?

@C.T. @Hospes

Reactions: Gands
Hercules

The lion of Olympus wasn't far ahead of the Master Archer as it turns out. Just down the hallway a bit dispatching a couple of crazed fiends and protecting some civilians.

"Hawk, thank goodness! I want to find T'challa & Richards. What say you Clint?
( Wide predatory grin ) Avengers Assemble !"

The big man shook tainted blood off of the Sword of Peleus.

" Is the cafeteria still safe? Do you think that Daredevil fellow I saw can keep these civilians safe from harm ? Have you seen any of the others ?

@C.T. @Indolent @Hospes @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @schneecorplawyer

Hercules

The lion of Olympus wasn't far ahead of the Master Archer as it turns out. Just down the hallway a bit dispatching a couple of crazed fiends and protecting some civilians.

"Hawk, thank goodness! I want to find T'challa & Richards. What say you Clint?
( Wide predatory grin ) Avengers Assemble !"

The big man shook tainted blood off of the Sword of Peleus.

" Is the cafeteria still safe? Do you think that Daredevil fellow I saw can keep these civilians safe from harm ? Have you seen any of the others ?

@C.T. @Indolent @Hospes @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @schneecorplawyer
Well, finding big Herc wasn't a bad idea. Especially since he wasn't so far; god knows I'm going to need his muscle to get out of here. But what about the others? The big man was on the same track as me.

"Hey there, big guy," Barton'd say, brandishing his bow and arrow in typical fashion, aiming to pick off anyone that threatened Hercules's proximity, "I haven't seen anyone else, and last I checked, the only mess in the cafeteria is the puddle of coffee I'd made. Everyone seemed to be fine in there but that could change any moment. We oughta find the eggheads and vamoose, along with whoever else we can find! We can't stick around this place any longer."

@C.T. @Gands

Hercules

@C.T. @Indolent @anyonenearthecafeteria.

"Master Hawkeye, tactically you are not wrong. However, I cannot abandon the mortals so quickly. Let us do everything we can. "

"I had thought I had seen a couple of others around here. The Daredevil and one of the women. Here is my thought. One of us moves on to find others, while the other stays here to defend this ground. At least until we have other compatriots here to help. ."

What say you Master Hawkeye ?

Lincoln still holding his giant electric ball was not happy to just be standing around and waiting for something to happen. He needed to see what the hell was going on.

" Hey guys, can I help in some way?" He asked, approaching Hercules and Hawkeye.

@Gands @C.T. @Indolent

Hercules Lion of Olympus

The Olympian was standing between two recently deceased bodies and a group of Civilians and not far away from the Archer Hawkeye. Holding a sword in one hand and his duffle bag over his back.

"Hello Lad, Seems these creatures have found our new base. Hawk and I were just discussing a plan of action. Some of us need to stay here and guard this area for the few mortals that have found their way here already and those that will head this way. Some need to venture out and find Richard, T'Challa and the scientists. Now is a good time to venture an opinion. :

dc37f795dceed216f7efbb254b4d7fe4.jpg

@C.T. @Indolent @LuckycoolHawk9 @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @The Wanderer
@the technologicvampire @thatguyinthestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, things had certainly taken a turn for the worse, that much was for sure. While their ranks fought with the infected, trying to thin their numbers and protect each other, very few began to fall. One miscellaneous infected was cleaved by Sonja while others flocked to her, trying to overwhelm and overpower her. All the while, a certain maiden casually chowed down in the cafeteria, enjoying her meal quite thoroughly.

...Well, not really. The shit tasted like fucking cardboard. Hell, maybe actual shit would taste better. But she was in no mood to find out. Sighing heavily with dismay, she pushed out of her chair, standing up and deciding to see if she could find a nice drink somewhere... Only to pause in her movements as she heard something not-so-distant and saw others rushing out of the cafeteria-- screams and groans a plenty, catastrophe and chaos certainly imminent. All while she was eating?

"Aw, hell, no f*#^ing way. Like hell I'm gonna sit on my a$$ while those motherf%*#ers have all the fun!"

And so into the fray she went, joining the group in the hall.

"Hey. Hi. How's it going," she greeted, casually, giving a small wave and smile behind her mask. "Where's the party at? And what the f%(# are you all sitting around for?"

Well, the answer was back in the lab from whence they'd all came, where Luke Cage gave and inhuman hiss as he recovered from T'Challa's blow, lunging at the man with great force and tackling him to the ground, where the pair continued to duke it out. As some fled, others fighting or trying to assist each other, the pair tumbled and rolled, each fighting to overwhelm the other but the king of Wakanda managing to hold his own against the infected man. As he fought, noticing the group that had yet to move, T'Challa spoke once again. "Didn't you hear me?! Get out of he-- gah!"

In the midst of his sentence, the man was cut off by a forceful headbutt from Cage, followed by a punch of retaliation. But in his slight daze from the impact, the male failed to notice another infected- Carol Danvers -joining up as well, reading to pounce. Soon, he had three atop him, a fourth seeming to prepare to join the action- growing to be too much for even Black Panther to fight. Teeth sank into his legs, ripping out a sizable chuck of flesh and earning a muffled cry from the man, who attempted to kick the less than human creatures off of him... To no avail. Carol went for his neck and Cage for his side, each gratuitously tearing away as much of his flesh as they could, savoring every bloody bite as mixtures of saliva and blood which was not their own began to stain their faces, dribbling down their chins and fueling the look of lust in their soulless eyes.

Unluckily for the group, there were still plenty of infected to go around aside from the ones fixated on the scientist, each with a lusted and hungry look of their own as they charged, spilling even into the hall where Barton, Hercules, and the others were.

"Oh, now we're talking!" Lady Deadpool exclaimed with a grin as the beasts came into sight, more than happily grabbing a couple of pistols from their holsters. "These guys know how to party!"

@Gands @Indolent @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Wanderer @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @TheTechnologicVampire

Hercules Lion of Olympus

The Prince of power watched in horror as a wave of the infected swarmed out of the lab area. That brief moment in his brain as he realized the likelihood of either saving this world, or ever returning home seemed further and further away. That was only a moment though as he plucked his Golden mace with his left hand off his belt.

" This shall not come to pass without a fight. Hawk, finish those that get past me. I will get to the scientists . Guard the mortals Clint ! "

" AVENGERS ASSEMBLE !" ( This at the top of his lungs )

"HAVE AT THEEEE" He rushed into the swarm with both weapons swinging, knowing this may well be the last chance of mankind in this place... His last chance. Two enchanted weapons one in each hand constructed by the God Of Smiths. Very rare was it that he used full strength with his weapons. Always too dangerous, too much chance that precious life could be lost. This was no longer the case here. whatever these things used to be. Precious will never again but used to describe them.

It was one of those moments, one small part of his mind went over the joyous times of his life, most of which were with his beloved Avengers. Friends on this world who were no longer. More and more furious at the circumstances as these memories played in his head. His conscious mind barely held onto the reins of his fury.

70bd3b71e404cabc09080ceeeb9dbad8.jpg

@Hospes @Indolent @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Wanderer @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @TheTechnologicVampire

Daredevil

Truth be told, when he saw the chaos unfold around him. Daredevil didn't feel fear or anything of the sort. Infact, the whole thing seemed to remind him of when his act in the circus was ruined when the Skull came and took his audience.

But, despite wanting to die. Daredevil would rather it not be by being eaten alive. Before he was about to go and rally up with the others, he decided to be a good Samaritan and pointed as many of the people to whatever looked like an exit or safe spot. He would've stayed to help further. But if these people survived on this world for so long. They could handle being without a hero.

After his good deed was done, he ran out of the cafeteria, off to find the others. Which didn't take long as he soon found Hawkeye and Hercules. The latter utterly wrecking the infected. Running up to Hawkeye. He quickly said. "The second I leave, the party starts. What happened?" He was curious as to how so many infected had gotten into the so called. "Safe place."

@Gands @Indolent @Everyone else​

"Whaddya think?" Lady Deadpool asked Daredevil over her shoulder, firing three rounds into the heads of three oncoming infected, respectively, hardly paying Hercules, who was tearing through them as well, any mind. "It's like ya said. Party's here! Have some fun!"

Which Hercules would be having a lot of, certainly, as an infected pounced on him with outstretched claws and teeth bared.

"I'm no genius, but I'm thinking we should probablyyyyy grab the guys who are and get the f*#% outta here."

@Gands @The Wanderer @Indolent

Lincoln watched catiously to make sure that he fried anyone who could get close. " I am with the other woman on this matter. It might be safer to abandon this place then it would be to continue fighting. Sometimes a healthy retreat isn't a bad thing and allows us to come back stronger. Similarily, if we get bitten, we have no way to defend ourselves. We need to fight- but we also need to be smart," he replied.

@Gands @Midnight Maiden @Indolent @The Wanderer

Hercules Prince of Power

Hercules could dimly make out the others talking of tactical retreat. He adjusted his stance as still more infected pushed towards him. He pushed back. Both arms extended, his left hand slightly forward of straight out from his side and holding the mace. His right hand pointed almost straight out with the incredibly sharp sword of Peleus. As the Olympian pushed forward, the unstoppable object against the mass, a gruesome sight started to unfold. As the infected in the back pushed towards the smell of meat, the ones in the front could not move or manuever. The stance of Hercules as he pushed forward force the infected one or two at a time into the sword, like a slow motion horrible lawnmower. He was now leaving a trail of bodies behind along his right side.

" If you need to leave, do so while I can cover you in this narrow hallway. I am moving towards the labs to check for survivors. I will gladly take any help I can get, but if not, I will try and meet you outside when I am done."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Indolent @c.t @The Wanderer @hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore

Lincoln took a deep breath and sighed. It wasn't like he wouldn't die eventually. Everyone was bound to die eventually and he was sure that his time would come back and kill him. He looked at the Olympian who literally was going to risk his life and all they could think about was running away. Of course, there was a nagging part of him that knew it was right because it was safe. He often ran away to protect himself and others from him. He had run from SHIELD, run from Daisy, Ran from the Afterlife, ran from the car wreck, ran from the empty feeling by giving into the bottle. He was tired of running. He was tired of being the coward who never did anything to protect the ones he loved. These were the new family he had achieved. These were real people. He couldn't abandon them.

" I am not leaving you behind. I will go with you to the labs. I know that it will be dangerous for me and I could die, but what is life without a little risk? What is anything if we don't take any risk?" He asked with a smile.

@Gands @Midnight Maiden @Indolent @C.T. @The Wanderer @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore

• Love
Reactions: Gands
Status
Not open for further replies.