Status
Not open for further replies.
Daredevil

"Alrighty then. Seeing as I don't have any other business here, I'll get out of your hair." Daredevil was about to walk off, when he suddenly stopped. "Quick question, where is the exit to this place? So, I don't go stumbling around and end up attracting any of these infected you were talking about. They sound like they don't play nice." He looked at Frank.

@C.T.
"I was just leaving myself." Frank gruffly replied, having better things to do than play tour guide. Nor was this safehouse secure anymore. "Just follow me if you can manage it." He started for the door.​

"I don't know about that. Leaving his sanity aside, when I think up a list of the safest places on the planet, a SHIELD safehouse is high up there. And nah, I've done it before...more than I'd like. World-hopping, that is. Long story. Just doubt I'll ever get used to it." Jessica shrugged. "But I don't have any objections to that plan. We definitely need answers. Better ones." She stayed silent until they were back in New York once more. "He's not far from here. And...I'm Black Widow."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Huh. Didn't see that coming. Maybe whatever had pulled them here only affected people who weren't on their home world? She nodded and managed a small grin. "Well then hey, we're probably overqualified for this sort of thing. Go ahead and lead the way, I'll follow."

@C.T.

Huh. Didn't see that coming. Maybe whatever had pulled them here only affected people who weren't on their home world? She nodded and managed a small grin. "Well then hey, we're probably overqualified for this sort of thing. Go ahead and lead the way, I'll follow."

@C.T.
"I got a better idea." Jessica didn't even hesitate or ask for permission before slinging an arm around Blink and firing off a web with her free hand, starting to swing along through the city quickly, arriving near the same alley in a matter of minutes and releasing Blink. She stood silent for a good twenty seconds, checking to see if her spider sense would go off before she nodded, satisfied. "Looks like ole Victor didn't stick around. Hopefully long gone. And that makes us even by the way, for all the teleporting." She smirked, trying to alleviate some of the tension from...well, all over apparently. Russia, New York...

"Anyways, I got lucky. SHIELD made a safehouse in this New York, exact same spot as back in mine." Black Widow strode forward, repeating the same actions that got her in last time. When the hidden entrance revealed itself, she quickly strode forward...and immediately noticed the putrid smell. She winced, holding her nose for a sec or two, gazing into the darkness.

"That's not good."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"I got a better idea." Jessica didn't even hesitate or ask for permission before slinging an arm around Blink and firing off a web with her free hand, starting to swing along through the city quickly, arriving near the same alley in a matter of minutes and releasing Blink. She stood silent for a good twenty seconds, checking to see if her spider sense would go off before she nodded, satisfied.
"Better idea for wha- oh!" Blink was an acrobatic fighter and a teleporter, so vertigo wasn't really a problem for her. But still, when someone grabs you and jumps off the side of a building, there's at least a little surprise involved : |. She took a breath of relief when she was released and started to open her mouth... but when you see another super that concentrated, you usually let them be.
"Looks like ole Victor didn't stick around. Hopefully long gone. And that makes us even by the way, for all the teleporting." She smirked, trying to alleviate some of the tension from...well, all over apparently. Russia, New York...

"Anyways, I got lucky. SHIELD made a safehouse in this New York, exact same spot as back in mine." Black Widow strode forward, repeating the same actions that got her in last time. When the hidden entrance revealed itself, she quickly strode forward...and immediately noticed the putrid smell. She winced, holding her nose for a sec or two, gazing into the darkness.

"That's not good."

"Hey, my trip took half a second. You're lucky I don't get motion sickness" She snarked back quietly as she waited for Widow to open the door. When it slid open and the smell wafted out, she half covered a gag and squinted "Ugh. I take it this smelled better a half hour ago?"

@C.T.

"And the lights were on. Still dim in places but..."
She gave a curt nod and started the slow process of forming a new crystal javelin in her hand. Better than wasting the already formed ones if she had the time.

"You take point then. Lets see what happened here."

@C.T.

"I think I can manage." Daredevil said, following Frank out. Perhaps, the man could lead him to whoever had brought him here out of either pity, or annoyance due to the fact that Daredevil wasn't exactly one to be around due to his 'personality.'

And Daredevil couldn't help but be reminded of Captain America when he looked at Frank. Same slight grumpiness and aura of about to die.

Infact, what had happened to his dear ol' Cap? Did old age finally get him? Much like that old man that people had called Iron Man? What about in this universe?

Curiosity filled him.

"Say.....Is Cap.....Still Cap in this universe?" He asked.

@C.T.

"And Daredevil couldn't help but be reminded of Captain America when he looked at Frank. Same slight grumpiness and aura of about to die.

Infact, what had happened to his dear ol' Cap? Did old age finally get him? Much like that old man that people had called Iron Man? What about in this universe? Curiosity filled him.

"Say.....Is Cap.....Still Cap in this universe?" He asked.​
"..."

5N2pM1T.png

His focus returned to the present, the memory already drifting towards the back of his mind. Frank didn't even turn around for his reply. "No. But he died as himself. Best case scenario."

@The Wanderer

She gave a curt nod and started the slow process of forming a new crystal javelin in her hand. Better than wasting the already formed ones if she had the time.

"You take point then. Lets see what happened here."

@C.T.
"I was afraid you'd say that." Her sarcasm did help some with her nerves...not much, but still something. Jessica stepped through into the encompassing darkness, trying to follow the scent to the source as best she could. Her heightened senses helped alongside the light streaming in from outside, but she wished she just knew where the switch was. She wasn't sure how far in she was, but eventually the smell grew ridiculously overbearing and she stopped, moving to kneel.

"...Yeah, definitely where it's coming from." Her boot lightly kicked forward, likewise confirming that it was a body. "...Fury?"

She hadn't exactly been expecting a response, but it came nevertheless. "Here." A pained cough emanated outward from a few meters to the left. "I'd...recommend backing up." Then a mumble of something too low but clearly something directed at the facility there were in, given the sudden activation of emergency lights. Low power but enough to allow her to make out the body at her feet. Sabretooth.

"He made it in." Fury explained. "Got enough to put him down, but...not forever." Fury seemed more focused and sane for the moment, which was at least a bit of a relief. Jessica on her part backed away from Victor and glanced at the former SHIELD director. He definitely had a few injuries that hadn't been there previously.

"Are you..."

"Fine?" He finished for her. "No. Not for a long while, kid. But I'm still myself." His eye drifted to the side, where he glimpsed Hill and Dugan and more in the darkness. Specters that spoke to him, but no one else even seemed to register their presence. "Somewhat. We shouldn't linger here regardless, the location's compromised."

"I couldn't agree more." A new voice commented. Jessica turned, another man stepping into view. Quicksilver.

"Do you know just how tiresome it was just trying to keep up with you?" His statement seemed directed to no one in particular, but the group at large. "Russia. New York. Back to Russia. Back to New York. As if you Americans can't make up your minds." Pietro shook his head. "I was sent here to bring you to relative safety, but seems you lot can manage that much yourself. Can you?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"I was afraid you'd say that." Her sarcasm did help some with her nerves...not much, but still something. Jessica stepped through into the encompassing darkness, trying to follow the scent to the source as best she could. Her heightened senses helped alongside the light streaming in from outside, but she wished she just knew where the switch was. She wasn't sure how far in she was, but eventually the smell grew ridiculously overbearing and she stopped, moving to kneel.

"...Yeah, definitely where it's coming from." Her boot lightly kicked forward, likewise confirming that it was a body. "...Fury?"

She hadn't exactly been expecting a response, but it came nevertheless. "Here." A pained cough emanated outward from a few meters to the left. "I'd...recommend backing up." Then a mumble of something too low but clearly something directed at the facility there were in, given the sudden activation of emergency lights. Low power but enough to allow her to make out the body at her feet. Sabretooth.

"He made it in." Fury explained. "Got enough to put him down, but...not forever." Fury seemed more focused and sane for the moment, which was at least a bit of a relief. Jessica on her part backed away from Victor and glanced at the former SHIELD director. He definitely had a few injuries that hadn't been there previously.

"Are you..."

"Fine?" He finished for her. "No. Not for a long while, kid. But I'm still myself." His eye drifted to the side, where he glimpsed Hill and Dugan and more in the darkness. Specters that spoke to him, but no one else even seemed to register their presence. "Somewhat. We shouldn't linger here regardless, the location's compromised."

"I couldn't agree more." A new voice commented. Jessica turned, another man stepping into view. Quicksilver.

"Do you know just how tiresome it was just trying to keep up with you?" His statement seemed directed to no one in particular, but the group at large. "Russia. New York. Back to Russia. Back to New York. As if you Americans can't make up your minds." Pietro shook his head. "I was sent here to bring you to relative safety, but seems you lot can manage that much yourself. Can you?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"..."

Blink heaved a frustrated sigh at the body on the ground. Not her Victor. Not even this world's Victor. Just a monster that was trying to- and probably had- eat people. She spun the newly formed shard into her quiver and gave Fury a nod- She spun on Quicksilver when he spoke up with a focused glare at the sudden arrival. She slowly took her hand off the shard she'd been ready to throw when she saw what probably wasn't another cannibal, but she didn't exactly break out into smiles either.

"That depends. How'd you know where we were? And where is this safe place? Can't exactly teleport anyone there without knowing that."

@C.T.

She indeed manage to get away, the Atlantean King fading in the distance as she continued off along the Latverian road. The farther she went, the less she saw around her until finally she was deep in Latveria farm lands with no one and nothing around for miles. There seemed to be no answers here.​
Chel sighed as she came to a halt. She needed to get out of Latveria and head to the United States. However, she couldn't see any signs pointing her in teh right direction, and she also wouldn't be able to transform into a boat or plane to help her get there. Without any outside help, it seemed like she might be stuck here... which she definitely wasn't happy about, siginified by her transforming into her human form and firirng off her plasma cannon into the fields in a burst of frustration and anger to burn down whatever crops were in those fields.

@C.T.

"..."

Blink heaved a frustrated sigh at the body on the ground. Not her Victor. Not even this world's Victor. Just a monster that was trying to- and probably had- eat people. She spun the newly formed shard into her quiver and gave Fury a nod- She spun on Quicksilver when he spoke up with a focused glare at the sudden arrival. She slowly took her hand off the shard she'd been ready to throw when she saw what probably wasn't another cannibal, but she didn't exactly break out into smiles either.

"That depends. How'd you know where we were? And where is this safe place? Can't exactly teleport anyone there without knowing that."

@C.T.

"Because, pink one, if it isn't already abundantly clear, I am one of the few superhumans not affected by this plague and turned into that." He pointed at Victor before crossing his arms. "Moreover, I was updated on the plan to bring you here. You're still carrying trace amounts of the energy that resulted from being pulled through, I simply had to follow the trail. Your destination is the city of Fairbanks, deep in the snow of Alaska. Largely untouched by this plague. Can you manage that?"

Pietro glanced to Victor, still lying there and healing. As testament to his speed, Maximoff didn't even seem to move...but one second, Victor was there. The next, he was not.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Reactions: Gands
Chel sighed as she came to a halt. She needed to get out of Latveria and head to the United States. However, she couldn't see any signs pointing her in teh right direction, and she also wouldn't be able to transform into a boat or plane to help her get there. Without any outside help, it seemed like she might be stuck here... which she definitely wasn't happy about, siginified by her transforming into her human form and firirng off her plasma cannon into the fields in a burst of frustration and anger to burn down whatever crops were in those fields.

@C.T.
"...Upset about something?" Vindicator asked, dropping in from above as a stealthed Quinjet continued on.​

"...Upset about something?" Vindicator asked, dropping in from above as a stealthed Quinjet continued on.​
Chel immediately stopped when she heard a voice address her. Turning around, she noticed someone had arrived, possibly to get her out of this stupid country and to somewhere where she could get the answers she needed.

Chel nodded in response to his question. "I need answers." She said, putting away the plasma rifle. "'What am I doing here?' and 'Who brought me here?' are among those questions. I also assume you're here to take me somewhere?"

@C.T.

And before "over" had even finished getting out of his mouth, Janet lunged forward with remarkable speed. Her sights were clearly solely on making the archer her next breakfast, the previous meal almost completely forgotten in the heat of the moment.

Odds were Janet's not long gone enough to not use her powers. The arrow's going to miss. Which was fine, it was the kind to come back, just like Old Yeller. I could work with it... provided an angry wasp didn't turn me into lunchmeat in the meantime..

The boomerang arrow flew with incredible alacrity, traversing the span of distance between Barton's person to Janet's position within mere seconds. The archer's hand was already on the move, flicking swiftly through the quiver's contents as he threw himself backwards in anticipation of Janet's assault.

"Don't have to do this," Clinton implored as his fingers aligned with a specific arrow, "You got to fight it."

There was subdued conviction to his words, giving weight to the impression that Barton did not believe in the words he'd said. This was further accentuated by the nocking of the arrow he sought, it slipping in between his fingers as he steeled his senses for what she might do.

The idea was using a glue arrow to trap her in either form, and depending on the outcome, the boomerang arrow would handle the rest on its return flight. Much to Clinton Barton's chagrin.

@C.T.

Well, if Lady Deadpool heard the deadpan request, she wasn't at all acknowledging it. Nope, she just kept on walking along with her arm around the redhead, eyes scanning about as they continued the trek towards the ominous castle. "Right, right," she spoke, emptily, obviously not listening. "Anyways, as interesting as that sounds--"

"So. You look like someone I follow on twitter."

Well, that earned an excited gasp. "Really?" As though to check this, she whipped out her phone(who knows where she kept it... that suit didn't look like it had pockets), activating it with an excited air about her... Before her features fell. "Aw, f*#&ing hell! 'Quick, strong signal anywhere' my a$$!" she exclaimed, suddenly throwing the cellular device with obvious frustration, failing to realize how close they were getting to the castle at this point.

@Ringmaster @T _ T Salty

"Because, pink one, if it isn't already abundantly clear, I am one of the few superhumans not affected by this plague and turned into that." He pointed at Victor before crossing his arms. "Moreover, I was updated on the plan to bring you here. You're still carrying trace amounts of the energy that resulted from being pulled through, I simply had to follow the trail. Your destination is the city of Fairbanks, deep in the snow of Alaska. Largely untouched by this plague. Can you manage that?"

Pietro glanced to Victor, still lying there and healing. As testament to his speed, Maximoff didn't even seem to move...but one second, Victor was there. The next, he was not.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Yea, see, thats the thing." She said, not dropping her shard. "If you could track us, Its a pretty safe bet that you were in on bringing us here. Sorry that I'm a little leery to trust you."

She stared Pietro down for a few more seconds before she sighed. "But I guess if you brought us here we don't really have a choice if we wanna get back, huh?" She said, before she glanced back at Widow and Fury. "You two ready? Unless you want to swing us all the way to Alaska" She added with a slight smirk.

@C.T.

Chel immediately stopped when she heard a voice address her. Turning around, she noticed someone had arrived, possibly to get her out of this stupid country and to somewhere where she could get the answers she needed.

Chel nodded in response to his question. "I need answers." She said, putting away the plasma rifle. "'What am I doing here?' and 'Who brought me here?' are among those questions. I also assume you're here to take me somewhere?"

@C.T.
"I am, indeed. The answers will be given in great detail to you and all the rest when we get somewhere...more secure. Will that suffice for now? We really don't have a lot of time here."

@TheTechnologicVampire
Odds were Janet's not long gone enough to not use her powers. The arrow's going to miss. Which was fine, it was the kind to come back, just like Old Yeller. I could work with it... provided an angry wasp didn't turn me into lunchmeat in the meantime..

The boomerang arrow flew with incredible alacrity, traversing the span of distance between Barton's person to Janet's position within mere seconds. The archer's hand was already on the move, flicking swiftly through the quiver's contents as he threw himself backwards in anticipation of Janet's assault.

"Don't have to do this," Clinton implored as his fingers aligned with a specific arrow, "You got to fight it."

There was subdued conviction to his words, giving weight to the impression that Barton did not believe in the words he'd said. This was further accentuated by the nocking of the arrow he sought, it slipping in between his fingers as he steeled his senses for what she might do.

The idea was using a glue arrow to trap her in either form, and depending on the outcome, the boomerang arrow would handle the rest on its return flight. Much to Clinton Barton's chagrin.

@C.T.
She shifted in size just as swiftly as the arrow was released, edging around it by mere hairbreadths as the boomerang arrow sailed through the air. She kept right up with him as he threw himself back, returning to normal size a split-second before impacting him in a tackle and trying to wrestle the archer to the ground. Even hungry as she was, she realized he needed to be deprived of ranged assaults. "I don't want to fight it." She hissed.

@Indolent
Well, if Lady Deadpool heard the deadpan request, she wasn't at all acknowledging it. Nope, she just kept on walking along with her arm around the redhead, eyes scanning about as they continued the trek towards the ominous castle. "Right, right," she spoke, emptily, obviously not listening. "Anyways, as interesting as that sounds--"

"So. You look like someone I follow on twitter."

Well, that earned an excited gasp. "Really?" As though to check this, she whipped out her phone(who knows where she kept it... that suit didn't look like it had pockets), activating it with an excited air about her... Before her features fell. "Aw, f*#&ing hell! 'Quick, strong signal anywhere' my a$$!" she exclaimed, suddenly throwing the cellular device with obvious frustration, failing to realize how close they were getting to the castle at this point.

@Ringmaster @T _ T Salty
As the group neared, a few scattered but still functional Doombots emerged into view...and with them came a synthetic voice demanding for them to halt and explain their intrusion.

@Hospes @Ringmaster @T _ T Salty
"Yea, see, thats the thing." She said, not dropping her shard. "If you could track us, Its a pretty safe bet that you were in on bringing us here. Sorry that I'm a little leery to trust you."

She stared Pietro down for a few more seconds before she sighed. "But I guess if you brought us here we don't really have a choice if we wanna get back, huh?" She said, before she glanced back at Widow and Fury. "You two ready? Unless you want to swing us all the way to Alaska" She added with a slight smirk.

@C.T.
"I believe I just said that--"

"Oh shut up." Jessica interrupted, already put off by his attitude. This Quicksilver may not have been a villain like hers back home but he was definitely still a jackass. "We got this, so you can go. Shoo-shoo."

"Ungrateful." She thought she caught him muttering under his breath before he was gone, off to pick up another who also happened to be in the city. She turned to Blink. "I mean hey, I could get us as far as the Canadian border if I really tried. Without stopping, anyway. Small steps, right?" Joking aside, she glanced around briefly to see if there was anything worth taking before nodding. "I'm ready."

"..." Fury sighed, pushing himself up. "You know, I stayed here despite even knowing where they were holed up for a reason. New York, it started here. Everything."

"The head of the US's leading intelligence and defense organization, with the highest concentration of superhumans per block right below my feet. I watched from above in the helicarrier as everything went to hell, this disease changing people. More than people. The top strategic minds in the country working on this and it all counted for less than a goddamn penny on the sidewalk. No predicting who would turn next. Even when most of the men and women I served with were gone and I still survived, I stayed here for nearly a year and a half. We had failed. I had failed. I had pledged to serve and protect this country...but it is no longer a country I recognize. I was ready to nuke the city if that's what it took to save the country. No sacrifice, no victory. The worst of choices that had to be made in the thick of it...it stays with you. Like a stain on your soul."

"So I secluded myself, hidden away. My reward for utter failure, just observing as the people I once knew as comrades..." He left that sentence unsaid. "Just go already."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

She shifted in size just as swiftly as the arrow was released, edging around it by mere hairbreadths as the boomerang arrow sailed through the air. She kept right up with him as he threw himself back, returning to normal size a split-second before impacting him in a tackle and trying to wrestle the archer to the ground. Even hungry as she was, she realized he needed to be deprived of ranged assaults. "I don't want to fight it." She hissed.

@Indolent
Yeah, saw that comin--

No time to finish that train of thought, Barton defensively brought his bow upward in his front so as to soften the brunt of Wasp's tackle. Nonetheless, the attack still sent him to his back. Prone now, Clinton instinctively flicked the arrow into place inside his right hand while parrying the clawing and biting attacks from Janet in tandem because, indubitably, she'd be all over him like white on rice.

"I didn't want to do this," Clint strained out and in the instant an opening presented itself-- quite literally in the form of Janet's gnashing mouth inches away-- Hawkeye jammed the glue arrow into and down her gullet. In the frenzied confusion and rage that was sure to follow, he'd take the opportunity to kick her away and regain his composure as swiftly as possible, bow and all.

"... How's that for lunch?"

Yeah no, not appropriate timing.

@C.T.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands and C.T.
Yeah, saw that comin--

No time to finish that train of thought, Barton defensively brought his bow upward in his front so as to soften the brunt of Wasp's tackle. Nonetheless, the attack still sent him to his back. Prone now, Clinton instinctively flicked the arrow into place inside his right hand while parrying the clawing and biting attacks from Janet in tandem because, indubitably, she'd be all over him like white on rice.

"I didn't want to do this," Clint strained out and in the instant an opening presented itself-- quite literally in the form of Janet's gnashing mouth inches away-- Hawkeye jammed the glue arrow into and down her gullet. In the frenzied confusion and rage that was sure to follow, he'd take the opportunity to kick her away and regain his composure as swiftly as possible, bow and all.

"... How's that for lunch?"

Yeah no, not appropriate timing.

@C.T.
Between her own uncontrolled attempts at gnawing on him and the force Clint put into that move, it was brutally effective. The arrow was shoved down near whole into the throat of the superheroine once known as Wasp. The kick itself did knock her back, but was largely unnecessary as she stumbled back herself, dropping to a knee with frantic muted gurgling plus wild spasming hands. And then she fell back completely, twitched once and laid utterly still afterwards.

@Indolent

Status
Not open for further replies.