AEGIS - RP in an expanded Marvel Cinematic Univers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He's the purple man. He looks at you and makes you feel purple. And then he talks and everything he says seems like a great idea, no matter if your mommy said not to do it. He wants to talk to you because you're a very good person, he said."

There was still some time to back out and call in backup, but then, with what she said, it was very likely that Jenny's parents would be in great danger.

@Greenie
Maya chewed on her lip as they walked, seemingly in a dilemma. She didn't want to get into trouble... but she didn't want the girl and her parents to die! At least she had some training, and there were always her claws. Plus, she could always call for backup from there... right?

She was only needed to talk though. Maybe she was letting her mind go a little too hyper. Must be all the fudge she had eaten.

"Purple, eh?" Maya hm'd a little, wondering what she meant. She heard of people feeling blue... not purple. She recalled Agent Scott mentioning that this girl was Inhuman. What about the man though? Was this some ability he had? What about Jenny's ability? So many questions Maya wanted to ask!

"How do you know this man?" she asked as they neared the shop​

@Michale CS

"Purple, eh?" Maya hm'd a little, wondering what she meant. She heard of people feeling blue... not purple. She recalled Agent Scott mentioning that this girl was Inhuman. What about the man though? Was this some ability he had? What about Jenny's ability? So many questions Maya wanted to ask!

"How do you know this man?" she asked as they neared the shop​
"Daddy came home with him one day and the man said he was invited to dinner then Mommy acted like that was the best idea ever. He's been staying with us for awhile now. But... he's scary. Even if you know what he says to do is naughty, you wanna do it anyway. But he promised that we all can go back to normal once he meets you." Jenny replied just before they entered the shop.

cj5R6.jpg

"Jenny. Good girl. You did what I asked. Were you followed?" The man spoke to the girl directly instead of Maya for the moment.

"Yes. There are two men who followed us. You told me there would be even if she agreed to come."

The man clapped twice. "Excellent. Enjoy some ice cream with us, and once Maya and I have had a chance to talk, you're going to take that knife I gave you and kill them with it."

Jenny clapped. "Hooray! Ice cream!"

He diverted his attention to Maya. "You're certainly an attractive woman, Maya. But you're hiding your best assets. Sit down here with me, and take off that silly hat."

At this point, before she even knew what she was doing, Maya had taken off her hat. A few people looked on and one woman even screeched a little and moved away before Kilgrave intervened.

"Oh stop that. Cats were worshiped in ancient Egypt." He stood up and tapped on his water glass with a spoon. "Everyone! Listen up! This woman is a goddess, and you'll worship her and do everything she asks. Except you, Jenny, your plan hasn't changed."

And shortly, everyone in the ice cream parlor was fawning over Maya like she was a goddess. "This is what you want isn't it? To be accepted. To be noticed, but in a good way. Doesn't it feel liberating? Why don't you unlimber that tail of yours and command your subjects to do something. Go on, I give you permission. Order them."

Maya's tail was out and everyone in the parlor was fawning over her. She must order them to do something. But what? Meanwhile, Jenny was halfway through her ice cream. Once she finished, she'd carry out her order to try to attack two SHIELD agents with a knife.

And right now, there was nothing she could do about it.
@Greenie

"Century? Well then, you're not strictly mortal, are you?" Sif replied, looking him over.

"Of course you do, you're male. And while Thor may indeed have a... complex as you put it he is not a mutant of any sort." The Goddess' disdain didn't decrease, but to Cole's surprise, it didn't seem to increase with the compliment.

"I'm quite happy to have our allies in Asgard call themselves whatever they wish as long as they remain allies. And strictly speaking, they do fit the definition. Mostly immortal, vastly superior in many ways, and worshiped." Coulson responded. Sif nodded, as the two had broached this topic long ago it appeared.

Sif rolled her eyes at the smile, obviously unimpressed. Of course, there was precious little that would impress her so this was no surprise.

"None for me, thanks. I'm driving. I'll stick with the root beer." Coulson replied.

However, Sif spoke up. "If this is your preferred beverage at this place, I shall have one as well. There is precious little that I have learned from Volstagg, but one thing that seems to hold true is that you can tell a lot about a person by what they prefer to drink. Phil, son of Coul, often has sweet cloying beverages that speak to his desires for peace even in the face of adversity. Let us see what this Saint of yours tells me about you, Cole McFee."

@HellHoundWoof
Cole smiled, hell he was practically gleaming. This was the most exiting thing since he'd met Howard Stark and seen the technology that genius had worked on. Of course now his son was all the rage but Howard had talent. At the time the pair had met Cole was little more than a glorified soldier. He was on leave in England, had some tickets to a swanky show and the pair had shared some drinks. He was a capable drinker, talked about allot of funny things that didnt make much since to Cole.

"My dear lady, I'm afraid that I'm a man of many talents. Drinking is the most practiced of the many."

Something struck Cole but he didnt think to bring it up, if these Asgardians were like Coulson said then Cole was not unlike them. Mostly immortal, at least so far, however he wasnt magical. Perhaps something to look into a later time, figure out if there were any biological differences between the two. Cole watched the waiter walk off and looked to Coulson.

"So, inform me. What's my special skill set needed for now?"

"Daddy came home with him one day and the man said he was invited to dinner then Mommy acted like that was the best idea ever. He's been staying with us for awhile now. But... he's scary. Even if you know what he says to do is naughty, you wanna do it anyway. But he promised that we all can go back to normal once he meets you." Jenny replied just before they entered the shop.

cj5R6.jpg

"Jenny. Good girl. You did what I asked. Were you followed?" The man spoke to the girl directly instead of Maya for the moment.

"Yes. There are two men who followed us. You told me there would be even if she agreed to come."

The man clapped twice. "Excellent. Enjoy some ice cream with us, and once Maya and I have had a chance to talk, you're going to take that knife I gave you and kill them with it."

Jenny clapped. "Hooray! Ice cream!"

He diverted his attention to Maya. "You're certainly an attractive woman, Maya. But you're hiding your best assets. Sit down here with me, and take off that silly hat."

At this point, before she even knew what she was doing, Maya had taken off her hat. A few people looked on and one woman even screeched a little and moved away before Kilgrave intervened.

"Oh stop that. Cats were worshiped in ancient Egypt." He stood up and tapped on his water glass with a spoon. "Everyone! Listen up! This woman is a goddess, and you'll worship her and do everything she asks. Except you, Jenny, your plan hasn't changed."

And shortly, everyone in the ice cream parlor was fawning over Maya like she was a goddess. "This is what you want isn't it? To be accepted. To be noticed, but in a good way. Doesn't it feel liberating? Why don't you unlimber that tail of yours and command your subjects to do something. Go on, I give you permission. Order them."

Maya's tail was out and everyone in the parlor was fawning over her. She must order them to do something. But what? Meanwhile, Jenny was halfway through her ice cream. Once she finished, she'd carry out her order to try to attack two SHIELD agents with a knife.

And right now, there was nothing she could do about it.
@Greenie
Maya probably wouldn't have believed Jenny- well, maybe a little but not fully- if she hadn't actually seen this for herself. And now, she was truly regretting not calling for backup. Well, there were the two agents- Wait, what? She's gotta kill em? I gotta stop-

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the name. She turned to see the man.. the purple man as Jenny had called him. He called her attractive? Well, it must be true. And why did she have that hat on her ears? They shouldn't be hidden. They were a part of her, and she was proud of them!

Said ears twitched when she heard the woman scream, but she hardly paid attention to her. Her eyes were only on the purple man. She was somewhat confused. She was a goddess? How could that be possible? Were there even gods and such? But then... it made sense, right? That must be why she never had a family! Goddesses didn't have those!

Everyone was loving her here, everyone seemed to think she was just awesome. Maya's ears were perked up and her tail was high and turned at the end like a question mark. She was in her element, grinning at the lot. Yes, she wanted to be accepted, and now she was worshiped!

Order people. What could she order them? What did she want them to do? "I order all of you to go to the animal shelter and adopt a cat. There shall be no more homeless cats in this city!" It only made sense that a goddess with cat-like features gave such an order, right?

@Michale CS

Order people. What could she order them? What did she want them to do? "I order all of you to go to the animal shelter and adopt a cat. There shall be no more homeless cats in this city!" It only made sense that a goddess with cat-like features gave such an order, right?
No. No, this wouldn't do at all. Had the woman no libido? "If I might suggest, goddess. You should pick at least one of them for a consort or personal aide."

Kilgrave's 'suggestion' must once again be obeyed, but everyone who had heard him tell them Maya was a goddess was in a hurry to leave the shop. Meanwhile, he began withdrawing to the rear of the store. He whispered in the waiter's ear as he withdrew, and that man threw himself at Maya's feet, begging to be her slave.

He sensed something was wrong. She wasn't fully under his control. This merited further study and experimentation, and he hadn't planned for this.

Kilgrave hated surprises, and Maya just had.

@Greenie

Reactions: Greenie
He was a capable drinker, talked about allot of funny things that didn't make much since to Cole.

"My dear lady, I'm afraid that I'm a man of many talents. Drinking is the most practiced of the many."
"We shall see about that once we have joined in battle, for there is the true test." Sif replied.

Perhaps something to look into a later time, figure out if there were any biological differences between the two. Cole watched the waiter walk off and looked to Coulson.

"So, inform me. What's my special skill set needed for now?"
"A combination of things. One, because I know I will come across cases where your expertise is needed. And your connections can get us into places without people realizing exactly who is getting into those places." Coulson answered as their drinks were delivered. "Cheers."

@HellHoundWoof

No. No, this wouldn't do at all. Had the woman no libido? "If I might suggest, goddess. You should pick at least one of them for a consort or personal aide."

Kilgrave's 'suggestion' must once again be obeyed, but everyone who had heard him tell them Maya was a goddess was in a hurry to leave the shop. Meanwhile, he began withdrawing to the rear of the store. He whispered in the waiter's ear as he withdrew, and that man threw himself at Maya's feet, begging to be her slave.

He sensed something was wrong. She wasn't fully under his control. This merited further study and experimentation, and he hadn't planned for this.

Kilgrave hated surprises, and Maya just had.

@Greenie
Maya looked to Kilgrave, her head tilted slightly. Hm... consort of personal aide? That... For some reason it didn't seem to make sense to her. Why would she, a goddess, need a partner, or someone to help her? If she was to be worshiped, that meant she didn't need anyone else. Right?

She looked to the man on the floor. Slave? No, she didn't want or need slaves. Besides, he worshiped her, so didn't that technically make him her slave? She rubbed at her head frustratingly. She was thinking too much, it was simple, really. Just take the purple man's suggestion.

"Wait a sec," she said, blinking. She looked to Jenny. Why wasn't the girl to worship her too? If she was a goddess, didn't that mean everyone had to do as she said? What about the purple man?

"How come you both ain't worshipin' me too?" she asked as she looked from Jenny to the man.

@Michale CS

"Wait a sec," she said, blinking. She looked to Jenny. Why wasn't the girl to worship her too? If she was a goddess, didn't that mean everyone had to do as she said? What about the purple man?

"How come you both ain't worshipin' me too?" she asked as she looked from Jenny to the man.
"But we are. Ignore us. We're doing exactly what you told us to do." But somehow, the words, while still having some power, didn't compel Maya to do anything. So, Kilgrave turned his attention to the last two who hadn't left the parlor to go adopt cats.

"Jenny, it's time to go do what I said." And at that, Jenny set her spoon down and drew out the knife, walking toward the door.

To the man worshiping Maya, he said aloud. "You've failed at worshiping your lady. Punish yourself by going into the kitchen and putting your hands on the grill." The man stood, nodded sadly, and headed around the counter.

Meanwhile, Kilgrave himself, as soon as Maya's attention was on either Jenny or the man about to mutilate himself, disappeared.

She still had a choice. Stop the man from burning his hands, or stop Jenny the Inhuman from attempting to kill two SHIELD agents. They were headed in opposite directions.

Or could Maya figure out a way to do both?

@Greenie

Reactions: Greenie
"Well Phil I'm eager to help," He said taking his drink into hand, "Bottoms up eh?"

He raised his pint then brought the glass to his lips and began to drink it down. He knew he would have to impress the woman across from him, and he knew he'd heard Asgardians drank like camels. He himself was an impressive drinker so he continued to gulp down the pint before setting it down calmly looking across from him at the lady.

"So how many times have you met the big blonde bruiser?" He asked in reference the Thor.

@Michale CS

"Well Phil I'm eager to help," He said taking his drink into hand, "Bottoms up eh?"
"Indeed." Phil raised his glass as well.

"So how many times have you met the big blonde bruiser?" He asked in reference the Thor.
"As you in Midgard are fond of saying... It's complicated. We've been in countless battles together, and occasionally, against one another. Although in the latter cases, I was always the one who was in the right." Sif replied, taking a deep drink of the brew. "This isn't bad for Midgard. If you had proper ingredients this could rival some Asgardian brews. Though I am no expert in this. That, again, would be Volstagg."

Once lunch was concluded, Phil directed Sif and Cole to return to Lola. Sif assumed the passengers' side seat and left Cole to be in the back on his own.

"Won't be long, we'll hit the airport and a quinjet will have us back in the States before you know it." Coulson said.

"I'm unclear as to why you asked me to meet here, and not at your base of operations. Heimdall can send me anywhere in Midgard." The Asgardian stated.

"Because, Lady Sif, we've got some powerful enemies who would detect your arrival. Coming to our base directly would be like shining a spotlight on us. We'd rather not advertise the location of the new base before we've at least had some time to train our teams."

"I understand your reasoning, Son of Coul, but I find it..." she paused. "...too cautious."

"Perhaps. We've a saying here in Midgard. Better safe than sorry."

"I would be the ones making my enemies sorry, but I see your point."

@HellHoundWoof

"But we are. Ignore us. We're doing exactly what you told us to do." But somehow, the words, while still having some power, didn't compel Maya to do anything. So, Kilgrave turned his attention to the last two who hadn't left the parlor to go adopt cats.

"Jenny, it's time to go do what I said." And at that, Jenny set her spoon down and drew out the knife, walking toward the door.

To the man worshiping Maya, he said aloud. "You've failed at worshiping your lady. Punish yourself by going into the kitchen and putting your hands on the grill." The man stood, nodded sadly, and headed around the counter.

Meanwhile, Kilgrave himself, as soon as Maya's attention was on either Jenny or the man about to mutilate himself, disappeared.

She still had a choice. Stop the man from burning his hands, or stop Jenny the Inhuman from attempting to kill two SHIELD agents. They were headed in opposite directions.

Or could Maya figure out a way to do both?

@Greenie
Maya stared at the purple man. No she didn't, she didn't tell them anything. All she had said were for people to go adopt kitties. Right? Her eyes moved to Jenny, and that was when she recalled what the girl hand been ordered to do. "No-"

She paused, ears twitching, hearing what the purple man said to the one who had been worshiping at her feet. No, no he hadn't failed! She just didn't want a slave! "Wait, stop-" She bit her lip, knowing that both of them were going to do exactly as they were told, because that's what everyone did when they heard the purple man.

Speaking of him, where the heck was he?

The agents... they could take care of themselves, couldn't they? If she could, then they certainly could. Maya's hands clenched. She wasn't good at decisions! Still, she had decide. Turning, she raced toward the man. "Stop!" she yelled. "You don't have to do that!"

@Michale CS

The agents... they could take care of themselves, couldn't they? If she could, then they certainly could. Maya's hands clenched. She wasn't good at decisions! Still, she had decide. Turning, she raced toward the man. "Stop!" she yelled. "You don't have to do that!"
Maya managed to catch him, and he paused only for a moment. His previous order of doing whatever she said had been overridden by Kilgrave's last command of hurting himself. Both were still in effect, but one was more recent, so he only paused long enough for Maya to be able to restrain him physically, punctuated by his demands of needing to punish himself. She'd probably have to either tie him up somehow or knock him out to stop him.

Meanwhile, Jenny, whose power was similar in some ways to The Vision - that is, manipulating her body density - closed in on the SHIELD agents. Maya heard the agents' Icers being fired. Of course, the rounds went right through her with no effect as she closed in.

The agents then called in for backup with the following transmission -

"We are under attack from the enhanced who left the base with Agent Maya. Our Icers don't seem to work on her. Maya has not emerged from the building, but the other civilians are evacuated. Request immediate backup."

@Greenie
@ Anyone Else who wants to join in (except McFee. He's far enough away where he, Sif and Coulson can't get there in time)

She accepted, took a swig then handed it back to Graves. She was silent for a moment, gathering her thoughts.

"Basically, they're going to pull from all of the divisions to make a new one, to deal with things that don't neatly fall into one category or another. Like, an alien from an alternate universe, or a Kree Necromancer - don't ask, there is one, or was. It was messy. Rather than expecting the different divisions to work seamlessly, they set up a small set of teams to strike at the hybrid threats. First Responders." Jessica sat down cross-legged nearby and stared skyward for awhile. "It's been awhile since I've been earthbound. I've been off-planet for too long. It's comforting to be home for once."

@Ringmaster
"Well, I wouldn't know about that."

Was Graves sardonic reply as he took the coon off the spit. Letting it cool briefly, he took out an unused mess kit(knife off the stick, usually for him) and put it within easy reach for her. All that was left was to wait now as he settled into a comfortable silence. He was a man of few words...Both then and now. Also, nowadays when all was quiet out here, he could pretend briefly that he had returned home to his rightful place in time. But then he'd see a darting light across the night sky or hear a plane in the distance and all would be shattered.

Rolling up a cigar, he used a coal to light it up and as he puffed, he sighed out.

"How many kids are we expecting then among this group? Any greenhorns?"

@Michale CS

Rolling up a cigar, he used a coal to light it up and as he puffed, he sighed out.

"How many kids are we expecting then among this group? Any greenhorns?"
"From what little I got told to me by Brand, Coulson, and Peters, it will be a mix. Also bringing in some people who have only worked as consultants before. If I can snag a satellite signal I can get a more current list, since my job is to find people on this list that aren't recruited yet and bring them aboard. Here's one I already know about. She's only been with SHIELD a year and a half but she was trained by the best and has accomplished a lot in that time."

Drew pulled up a holo screen and maneuvered it so that Graves could see it.

4828381057624976ec372088341d0b37.jpg

Name: Tamara Rae Holstead
Height: 5'4"
Race: Inhuman
Hair: Black, streaked with blue (dyed).
Eyes: Hazel
Bio: Tamara Rae Holstead was a bystander caught in one of SHIELD's battles with the Inhumans, and was caught in the blast radius of a shattering Terragen Mist crystal. Since she is an Inhuman, rather than dying, Tamara's gift began to manifest. She wasn't found by either SHIELD or the Inhumans for some time. When her abilities began to develop, she retraced her steps and figured out that it was during that battle she was near that she gained them, so she sought out SHIELD rather than the Inhumans, because at the time the Inhumans were acting like the bad guys and she definitely wanted to be one of the good guys.
Her powers of seeing through nearly anything, accelerated senses (enough to sense motion due to air pressure changes, see bullets flying through the air and to hear things too distant or faint for normal humans to hear), her Captain America level physicality, and her rarely used power, the T-Ray blast, which is essentially an invisible laser, has made her a valuable field operative for SHIELD. She was recently approached to be part of AEGIS and she gladly accepted. Her hobbies include gaming (both computer and tabletop), anime, manga, and superhero movies.

Skillset: Tamara has gone through the standard SHIELD Field Agent Training, and can use pistols and rifles with proficiency, and is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant. She's also learned to be especially observant, and has honed her memory so that she can use her enhanced senses to memorize pages of information after simply glancing at them briefly, though this "cramming" is temporary, and used to gather intel on missions. She also applies her enhanced senses to be a very good reader of body language and is trying to learn to become "living lie detector" but right now hasn't honed that skill. She's also quite a trivia sponge.

Personality: Innately and insatiably curious, with a great attitude. She handles nearly all awkward situations with humor, and is very slow to anger, but once she does, her wrath is exceptionally wicked. She's got a bit of xenophilia as well. The stranger it is, the more she likes it and finds it fascinating. Bullying and teasing of others, however (not herself, she just doesn't care enough about what bully says to her to get riled), are a quick path to raising her ire.
@Ringmaster

"From what little I got told to me by Brand, Coulson, and Peters, it will be a mix. Also bringing in some people who have only worked as consultants before. If I can snag a satellite signal I can get a more current list, since my job is to find people on this list that aren't recruited yet and bring them aboard. Here's one I already know about. She's only been with SHIELD a year and a half but she was trained by the best and has accomplished a lot in that time."

Drew pulled up a holo screen and maneuvered it so that Graves could see it.

4828381057624976ec372088341d0b37.jpg
Skillset: Tamara has gone through the standard SHIELD Field Agent Training, and can use pistols and rifles with proficiency, and is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant. She's also learned to be especially observant, and has honed her memory so that she can use her enhanced senses to memorize pages of information after simply glancing at them briefly, though this "cramming" is temporary, and used to gather intel on missions. She also applies her enhanced senses to be a very good reader of body language and is trying to learn to become "living lie detector" but right now hasn't honed that skill. She's also quite a trivia sponge.

Name: Tamara Rae Holstead
Height: 5'4"
Race: Inhuman
Hair: Black, streaked with blue (dyed).
Eyes: Hazel
Bio: Tamara Rae Holstead was a bystander caught in one of SHIELD's battles with the Inhumans, and was caught in the blast radius of a shattering Terragen Mist crystal. Since she is an Inhuman, rather than dying, Tamara's gift began to manifest. She wasn't found by either SHIELD or the Inhumans for some time. When her abilities began to develop, she retraced her steps and figured out that it was during that battle she was near that she gained them, so she sought out SHIELD rather than the Inhumans, because at the time the Inhumans were acting like the bad guys and she definitely wanted to be one of the good guys.
Her powers of seeing through nearly anything, accelerated senses (enough to sense motion due to air pressure changes, see bullets flying through the air and to hear things too distant or faint for normal humans to hear), her Captain America level physicality, and her rarely used power, the T-Ray blast, which is essentially an invisible laser, has made her a valuable field operative for SHIELD. She was recently approached to be part of AEGIS and she gladly accepted. Her hobbies include gaming (both computer and tabletop), anime, manga, and superhero movies.

Personality: Innately and insatiably curious, with a great attitude. She handles nearly all awkward situations with humor, and is very slow to anger, but once she does, her wrath is exceptionally wicked. She's got a bit of xenophilia as well. The stranger it is, the more she likes it and finds it fascinating. Bullying and teasing of others, however (not herself, she just doesn't care enough about what bully says to her to get riled), are a quick path to raising her ire.
@Ringmaster
So he was going to be working with kids mostly. Untried, save for the occasional vigilante work. Junior Avengers, if it came down to it with powers they were just getting into. Great.... He could forsee his whiskey supply growing by the day, if this was the headache he thought it would be. At any rate, he kept his private thoughts out of it as he went for the more practical approach.

"So whats my role then? Consultant and agent or do I have a more extensive role in mind for these kids?"

@Michale CS

"So whats my role then? Consultant and agent or do I have a more extensive role in mind for these kids?"
"Hoping you'd be a solid team member and role model. Don't worry, there are other seasoned operatives on the team.Agent Browning, for example." Jessica pulled up his file, highlighting the skillset.

Skillset: Emmet is a master of mortal combat. He was trained by the U.S Delta Force and later Shield SpecOps. He can drive any ground vehicle and operate any conventional weapon. He is a master of TaeKwonDo and the ancient art of door breaching.

"There are a few others too, who are veterans. Agent May is going to be the head of the base once we're under way. Let me find some other examples... Ah, one of our own with SWORD who took up the offer, Agent Torres. Then we have an ARMOR agent, Agent Thorpe. I think Coulson is going to London to meet with someone else, as well as Lady Sif of Asgard. That last is just as a combat trainer, I think."

@Ringmaster

"Hoping you'd be a solid team member and role model. Don't worry, there are other seasoned operatives on the team.Agent Browning, for example." Jessica pulled up his file, highlighting the skillset.

Skillset: Emmet is a master of mortal combat. He was trained by the U.S Delta Force and later Shield SpecOps. He can drive any ground vehicle and operate any conventional weapon. He is a master of TaeKwonDo and the ancient art of door breaching.

"There are a few others too, who are veterans. Agent May is going to be the head of the base once we're under way. Let me find some other examples... Ah, one of our own with SWORD who took up the offer, Agent Torres. Then we have an ARMOR agent, Agent Thorpe. I think Coulson is going to London to meet with someone else, as well as Lady Sif of Asgard. That last is just as a combat trainer, I think."

@Ringmaster
Ah, this was looking much more promising. He nodded with satisfaction, already agreeable to everything here as he spoke.

"One last thing then. I'm gonna need to read up on local threats. Anything come down from space, I'm good. But I'm a mite dusty when it comes to the critters in our backyard."

As he flipped through the files, he grinned mirthlessly.

"Don't suppose we can still shoot first and ask questions later?"

@Michale CS

As he flipped through the files, he grinned mirthlessly.

"Don't suppose we can still shoot first and ask questions later?"
"Not usually, no. However, a couple of exceptions can be made."

The rest of the meal went pretty well peacefully. "Well, Graves, as much as I'd like to just spend a night out under the stars, I've got to get back to the quinjet so I can head in to New Haven." She stood and dusted herself off.

"Coming?"

@Ringmaster

"Not usually, no. However, a couple of exceptions can be made."

The rest of the meal went pretty well peacefully. "Well, Graves, as much as I'd like to just spend a night out under the stars, I've got to get back to the quinjet so I can head in to New Haven." She stood and dusted herself off.

"Coming?"

@Ringmaster
He shook his head.

"I'll call my ship and fly on over to base after tonight. I'd just as soon have my last night out of doors, 'afore I start marching about in these new military bunkers."

@Michale CS

He shook his head.

"I'll call my ship and fly on over to base after tonight. I'd just as soon have my last night out of doors, 'afore I start marching about in these new military bunkers."
"Fine. I'll send the GPS location over to you, but you're a big boy, and New Haven isn't all that big." She gave him a wave and crested the rise. Not long later she was on her hoverbike back on the way to the quinjet.

@Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.