AEGIS - RP in an expanded Marvel Cinematic Univers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't think so either, Maya. If you emerged five years ago, Gordon was still alive then, and he could sense any time a new Inhuman emerged. So, you would have been taken to their sanctuary, which they call Afterlife, oddly enough." She took both of Maya's hands and stepped back a few steps.

"Kick your feet, Maya." And, presuming she did, she would realize that T-Rae had coaxed her all the way out to where the water was deeper than she was tall. And here she was, floating. "See, swimming's not hard. Our bodies naturally have more air in them than the water so we naturally float."

@Greenie
"I also thought that maybe I was kinda like an alien," Maya rambled on after she heard T-Rae agree with what the others had told her. "One time I decided maybe I was really a cat girl from a manga or a comic an' magic brought me to life! But there's no such thing as magic..." She pouted a little before shaking her head, deciding she had to pay attention.

"Ahhh like this?" She kicked her feet, nervous. She was a little shocked to see that she was floating after all! "R-Really? I mean o'course!" She was still very wary and paranoid about all this, ears flat against her head. "You're sure I'm not gonna like go down...?" Her pink eyes looked down at the water; she quickly looked away. "It's still like really scary, ya know?"

@Michale CS

"I also thought that maybe I was kinda like an alien," Maya rambled on after she heard T-Rae agree with what the others had told her. "One time I decided maybe I was really a cat girl from a manga or a comic an' magic brought me to life! But there's no such thing as magic..." She pouted a little before shaking her head, deciding she had to pay attention.

"Ahhh like this?" She kicked her feet, nervous. She was a little shocked to see that she was floating after all! "R-Really? I mean o'course!" She was still very wary and paranoid about all this, ears flat against her head. "You're sure I'm not gonna like go down...?" Her pink eyes looked down at the water; she quickly looked away. "It's still like really scary, ya know?"

@Michale CS
Tamara smiled. "Oh, there's magic. There's even a whole division of SHIELD that deals with it. It's called WAND."

"Not unless you want to. Watch..." She moved around behind Maya, lifting up on her legs. "Lean back and relax, I've got you. I'm going to show you how to float on your back."

@Greenie

Tamara smiled. "Oh, there's magic. There's even a whole division of SHIELD that deals with it. It's called WAND."
"So you mean I really could'a been a comic character- cool!"
"Not unless you want to. Watch..." She moved around behind Maya, lifting up on her legs. "Lean back and relax, I've got you. I'm going to show you how to float on your back."

@Greenie

Maya legs shook a little before she nodded. "Okee... dokee? I mean, yeppers! I'mma do it!" The whole purpose of coming to the pool so that she'd get over her fear. If she couldn't even try at least, then she was being hopeless and a drag, and she didn't want that one little bit. She drew in a big breath before leaning back and letting her breath out. "Alright... I think I got it?"

"So you mean I really could'a been a comic character- cool!"

Maya legs shook a little before she nodded. "Okee... dokee? I mean, yeppers! I'mma do it!" The whole purpose of coming to the pool so that she'd get over her fear. If she couldn't even try at least, then she was being hopeless and a drag, and she didn't want that one little bit. She drew in a big breath before leaning back and letting her breath out. "Alright... I think I got it?"
"Yep, you do. My hands aren't even on your back anymore. This is all you. Floating all on your own, mistress of the water!" Tamara encouraged.

T-Rae proved her point by switching around to float on her back as well. "Say, have you ever had mocha almond fudge? It's the best in my opinion."

@Greenie

T-Rae proved her point by switching around to float on her back as well. "Say, have you ever had mocha almond fudge? It's the best in my opinion."

@Greenie
"Wowwie," Maya murmured as she looked a little to the side and saw the Tamara was indeed no longer behind her, not if she was floating on her back too! "Huh! This ain't as hard as I thought! I thought it'd be like a whole lot more painful!" She distinctly remembered the last time she had been in a pool was with her on her stomach, face in the water. Not a very pleasant experience.

"Erm... I never ate," she said after a moment. "I mean, I ate fudge, just like not the kinda fudge you're talkin' 'bout. It sure sounds really yummy though! I ate chocolate fudge once! An' butter toffee, mmm that was really good!" She didn't mention that she'd actually stolen those, of course.

@Michale CS

"Wowwie," Maya murmured as she looked a little to the side and saw the Tamara was indeed no longer behind her, not if she was floating on her back too! "Huh! This ain't as hard as I thought! I thought it'd be like a whole lot more painful!" She distinctly remembered the last time she had been in a pool was with her on her stomach, face in the water. Not a very pleasant experience.

"Erm... I never ate," she said after a moment. "I mean, I ate fudge, just like not the kinda fudge you're talkin' 'bout. It sure sounds really yummy though! I ate chocolate fudge once! An' butter toffee, mmm that was really good!" She didn't mention that she'd actually stolen those, of course.

@Michale CS
"Painful? No, not unless you try to breathe water!" T-Rae said. "Okay, Now that you're floating on your back, try kicking your feet a little, and put your arms out a little to help steer..."

The next few minutes went by with T-Rae showing Maya the basics of the backstroke, and how to tread water.

"See? Nothing to it. I'll find us a recipe for that fudge, and once we get dried off we can go to the galley and make some, huh?"

@Greenie

"Painful? No, not unless you try to breathe water!" T-Rae said. "Okay, Now that you're floating on your back, try kicking your feet a little, and put your arms out a little to help steer..."

The next few minutes went by with T-Rae showing Maya the basics of the backstroke, and how to tread water.

"See? Nothing to it. I'll find us a recipe for that fudge, and once we get dried off we can go to the galley and make some, huh?"

@Greenie
"I wanted to breath though!" Maya replied. "But I couldn't. After that I never went in the water again less I couldn' help it." Circumstances always seemed to tease her, but she wasn't going to let them get the best of her!

It was easier than she had thought, and with T-Rae's encouragement, she did manage to forget the lingering fear in her for the moment, enough that she could now tread water and not have to worry about drowning.

"Ahaha... I guess it's like the sayin then, practice makes perfect? I'm gonna havta practice loads I bet!" She pushed her wet pink hair away from her face before nodding, a grin on her face. This girl was really nice and friendly! "Yeppers, that's be like totally awesome! I'm game! Fudge, here I come!"

@Michale CS

Reactions: Iroh
Flaaashback

Two jet-black helicopters flew low across the Arizona desert in the dead of night. Their running lights were turned off to help mask their approach. Inside each were eight men, armed to the teeth. One briefed the rest over the radio. Emmet spoke loudly and clearly. "Alright, situation is as follows: SHIELD has collapsed, and we are at threat condition 1. The enemy is Hydra...I think. We are abandoning our current op. Our new mission is to provide support for overwhelmed SHIELD forces at auxiliary research base Phobos." As he talked he switched out the NVGs on his helmet and replaced them with an armor plate to boost his helmet protection. "Hostiles control most of the base. We'll probably be under fire the moment we land. Distress call reported that friendlies have been bottled up in the detention block. Anything not in that area is hostile. Understood?"

The soldiers replied in unison. "Sir, yes, sir."

Only a few minutes later they were over their LZ. The base was carved into the face of a small plateau. The landing strip jutted out like a large cement tongue. A wrecked quinjet burned at the end of it. The two helicopters landed close to the open hangar door, side-by-side. The doors slid open and Emmets men filed out. Immediately, they came under fire. Machine-gun bullets ripped into the pavement around them. They took cover behind whatever they could find. Emmet found cover behind a tug. By now his emotions were null. The only thing running his mind was his training, his objective and his steel. He called out, "ADVANCE!" Some soldiers came out from behind their cover and moved forward while others provided suppressing fire.

End flashback. (To be continued....)

"I wanted to breath though!" Maya replied. "But I couldn't. After that I never went in the water again less I couldn' help it." Circumstances always seemed to tease her, but she wasn't going to let them get the best of her!

It was easier than she had thought, and with T-Rae's encouragement, she did manage to forget the lingering fear in her for the moment, enough that she could now tread water and not have to worry about drowning.

"Ahaha... I guess it's like the sayin then, practice makes perfect? I'm gonna havta practice loads I bet!" She pushed her wet pink hair away from her face before nodding, a grin on her face. This girl was really nice and friendly! "Yeppers, that's be like totally awesome! I'm game! Fudge, here I come!"

@Michale CS
It wasn't too long before the pair ended up in the galley, with T-Rae showing Maya how to make fudge. Granted, it wasn't Mocha Almond Fudge as there wasn't any almond extract or actual almonds outside of trail mix, which would be kind of overwhelming, but Mocha Fudge seemed to be just as good, which was simulated with using the espresso machine to grind coffee beans really fine.

"Of course, these things will keep you awake for hours, what with all the caffeine in them. I wouldn't recommend eating too... many" T-Rae warned, a moment too late as Maya had downed one square right off and had another one in each hand. "I doubt people would know the difference with you being wired on caffeine or not, Maya. You've got a lot of energy."

@Greenie

Cole awoke from his slumber, he had recently been clocking himself to see how long he could sleep without any detrimental effect. This time he'd managed a week. He was bewildered by his own ability, and decided happily that he deserved a stiff drink. He walked from his bedroom, down several flights of stairs, and into his wine cellar. This cellar rested deep within his home, farther down than anything else. In it were famous wines, cheap wines, wines that were produced only thrice. He was very proud of one bottle he owned, he'd bought it in an auction in Hong Kong in 2010. Chateau Lafite, a beautiful wine, it had cost him a pretty penny but he never dared drink it. He gladly pulled a cheaper wine from one of the other shelves and moved back upstairs. He took himself to his balcony and stood overlooking the sea, it was a pleasant sight adorned by the sounds of waves crashed below and seagulls calling for fish. He inhaled the salty sea air then set down his wine and walked inside to his kitchen, finding a glass and corkscrew. He walked back onto his balcony and picked up the bottle, he wound the corkscrew into the cork and pulled it out. He poured himself a glass and sat in the arm chair on the balcony. As he brought the glass to his lips he heard the phone in his home going off, he sighed and quickly downed the glass. He walked into his kitchen and pulled his phone from the charger, mildly annoyed he hit the power button and ended the ringing. He walked back to the balcony and picked up the bottle and carefully poured himself another glass. He sipped it calmly and propped his feet up, he was content. After he'd finished the wine he took the bottle class and corkscrew into the kitchen and set them down.

In his room he found his clothes for the day, a charcoal grey suit. He set it on his bed before he moved to the bathroom and stepped in the shower. He quickly washed himself and got out, dried off and wrapped a towel around his head. He had always been fond of his long hair, but in times like this it was almost a burden.

He grabbed a pair of underwear from a drawer near his bed and began getting dressed. He slipped into the pants and pulled on some high socks before fastening a belt around his waste. He pulled on a red collared shirt then found a pair of dress shoes, he tied the shoes and slipped into suit jacket. He quickly buttoned it up and began to a tie around his neck. He walked out to his kitchen and and grabbed his phone, he unlocked it and fiddled with some buttons before putting it to his ear.

"I'd like a chopper to pic me up please... Airport, then a jet to London... Yes I know... I have an appointment with Weasel today, about somethings to do with the Strategic Homeland blah blah blah, agency. Yes, likely they'll know about it. I wouldnt blame them for keeping tabs on me, or him. Either way I'm sure they'll catch on that I want to speak with them."

"Of course, these things will keep you awake for hours, what with all the caffeine in them. I wouldn't recommend eating too... many" T-Rae warned, a moment too late as Maya had downed one square right off and had another one in each hand. "I doubt people would know the difference with you being wired on caffeine or not, Maya. You've got a lot of energy."

@Greenie
Maya was very much intrigued with the whole fudge making process. While she really liked cooking and tried when she cook, she wasn't the best in the kitchen, tending to let things overcook or even burn from being distracted. For the moment, she was quite happy to be a watcher... and taster of course.

"Nummy," she mumbled, mouthful of fudge. She was about to munch on the second piece when she heard T-Rae's warning. A little giggle escaped her and she brought her hand down from her mouth. "Ah, y'think? I kinda try t'tone it down some but it gets a li'l hard at times. Lotsa people find it pretty annoyin'." She nibbled a little on the next piece of fudge. "Say, d'you gotta family or it's just you too?" She knew there were others who were just... them alone. She was used to being alone though at times she did wonder if maybe she had a family out there.

@Michale CS

Cameron went another day catologing and digitizing information, it had been a good amount of time since he let Morgana Le Fey out from whatever prison she was in but he had healed up nicely. Although with that set back he was working on digitizing the files at record speed

Cam pressed the Intercom to contact Sam...
"hey Sam is there still no information on Morgana... did SHIELD or WAND pick up anything?" he asked

Cam went back to his work as he would hear the intercom when it went off and Sam replied ... he warped a bottle of wine from his Shield issued apartment and drank a little bit while he was working, his mind did wander to how the Agents in the field were doing especially Steven.
He put thoughts like that out of his mind and focused on the job at hand and if he got bored with the drinking or wanted to limit himself he'd simply shadow box to
keep his body loose and his movements sharp. He was upset thinking that maybe it was him relying on his power so much that allowed Le Fey to get the drop on him the way she did.

@Michale CS

He wished that they were just nightmares, he could write off nightmares to nerves and the mistakes that he made today, but they weren't and he knew it. They were his memories and sooner or later, Steven would have to confront his past and fix his mistakes. Where to even start?

Dream Sequence/ flashback

He was about eighteen about the time, still working on a way to perfect the formula. He could hire some scientists to perfect it, but he wasn't sure if that was such a good idea since the last time had resulted in the incident. He surveyed himself in the mirror, a man who looked like a copy of his father. Perhaps fixing this tie would make him closer to his father, maybe it was possible.

Here he was at the lab where it had happened again. It always started off with a minor detail about his past, a glimpse of his old self before he went back here to the day before he could take himself in his full glory. He had his mom's blue eyes and everything else was his father's, his darker brown hair, his light brown beard ( no, it didn't make sense to him either) and his semi-tall height, 5'11 inches. Here he was as he used to be and then something in between, a flash of the experiment, a flash of the escape, a flash of figuring out who he was. All too fast to process.

" Hey, kiddo."

End dream/ flashback

For the third time this week, he awoke in a cold flash and his bed was broken again. Some details never changed and others did. He hadn't heard that voice until tonight.

"I'd like a chopper to pic me up please... Airport, then a jet to London... Yes I know... I have an appointment with Weasel today, about somethings to do with the Strategic Homeland blah blah blah, agency. Yes, likely they'll know about it. I wouldn't blame them for keeping tabs on me, or him. Either way I'm sure they'll catch on that I want to speak with them."
agent-phil-coulson.jpg
After Cole was finished with his meeting and was off to whatever else he had planned in London, a familiar car pulled up beside him, with a familiar person behind the wheel.

"Interesting to see you this side of the pond, Cole. I've got a proposition for you. If you're interested, hop in. If not, we've got a team waiting to bring Weasel in and interrogate him. Of course, if he lives up to his name, when he tries to wriggle his way out of things he might point a finger in your direction, in which case you might be seeing an entirely different change of scenery soon."

He paused and looked around. "It's amazingly warm for this time of year in London. Do you think there's anything to that Global Warming thing?" Coulson gave a warm smile to Cole as he left it up to him to join him in the passenger seat of Lola or not.
@HellHoundWoof

Cam pressed the Intercom to contact Sam...
"hey Sam is there still no information on Morgana... did SHIELD or WAND pick up anything?" he asked
3513850-pandora+peters+wand.jpg

"I'll answer that myself." The woman seemed to somehow sneak up on Cam, another disturbing thing but less so when he noticed the swirling portal behind her closing up.

"I'm Pandora Peters, director of W.A.N.D. and I'm here to debrief you. And not in the usual way. With your permission, I'm going to scan you for any residual magical energies. Le Fay is notorious for manipulating people. She may have planted a magical suggestion for you to turn on us at a time of her choosing. Without your permission - Well I'll still run the scans but you'll be in a far less comfortable position when I do so."

She gestured behind her and the portal reappeared. "Step into my office for a few minutes, would you, Agent?"
@Iroh

"Say, d'you gotta family or it's just you too?" She knew there were others who were just... them alone. She was used to being alone though at times she did wonder if maybe she had a family out there.
"It's complicated. I adjusted to my new powers just fine. My parents, not so much. They wanted to 'fix' me, to 'find a cure.' I was like, No... If I were a normal human the Terragen Mist would have turned me to stone. Regardless of what else is going on, I'm an Inhuman. Aaand..."

She shrugged and looked away. "...we don't really talk anymore. It's like I came out as being gay or something. I'm an embarrassment to them for not wanting to 'cure' myself of having these kick-ass powers. But! SHIELD has been awesome and sort of like a family especially Daisy, who's like my sister, especially since she's Inhuman too."

@Greenie

3513850-pandora+peters+wand.jpg

"I'll answer that myself." The woman seemed to somehow sneak up on Cam, another disturbing thing but less so when he noticed the swirling portal behind her closing up.

"I'm Pandora Peters, director of W.A.N.D. and I'm here to debrief you. And not in the usual way. With your permission, I'm going to scan you for any residual magical energies. Le Fay is notorious for manipulating people. She may have planted a magical suggestion for you to turn on us at a time of her choosing. Without your permission - Well I'll still run the scans but you'll be in a far less comfortable position when I do so."

She gestured behind her and the portal reappeared. "Step into my office for a few minutes, would you, Agent?"
@Iroh

Cam was surprised when Pandora Peters the Head of W.A.N.D stepped out of a portal.
She said she'd answer his question but he just looked at her in shock.

"So Everyone is able to get around my cosmic awareness now ok cool" he said following her

Cam was surprised when Pandora Peters the Head of W.A.N.D stepped out of a portal.
She said she'd answer his question but he just looked at her in shock.

"So Everyone is able to get around my cosmic awareness now ok cool" he said following her
"No. I just wasn't here for it to detect until I portaled in. Get over yourself, Agent, You're not Uatu." Peters replied. "If it makes you feel any better it fools Spider-Man's sixth sense too."

The pair entered a room full of monitors from around the world, but she directed him to a section of the room with a circle of comfy-looking chairs in it and she sat at one of them, coffee mug still in hand.

Cameron's sense at this time was going off like mad. There were dozens of small things moving around the room invisible to normal vision but picking up on his awareness.

"Try not to be too distracted by the pixies. We ask them to go around invisibly but I doubt that's fooling your senses fully. Sit down, relax and I'll run my scans." She drew her wand and waited for Cameron to get settled.

@Iroh

"No. I just wasn't here for it to detect until I portaled in. Get over yourself, Agent, You're not Uatu." Peters replied. "If it makes you feel any better it fools Spider-Man's sixth sense too."

The pair entered a room full of monitors from around the world, but she directed him to a section of the room with a circle of comfy-looking chairs in it and she sat at one of them, coffee mug still in hand.

Cameron's sense at this time was going off like mad. There were dozens of small things moving around the room invisible to normal vision but picking up on his awareness.

"Try not to be too distracted by the pixies. We ask them to go around invisibly but I doubt that's fooling your senses fully. Sit down, relax and I'll run my scans." She drew her wand and waited for Cameron to get settled.

@Iroh

The lady was right when she mentioned his senses were going crazy. "So pixies are real should have known" he said

She directed him to a comfortable area to sit and actually he wondered what she wanted to do to him but he got over his ego and sat down as she asked him to so she could run her scans

The lady was right when she mentioned his senses were going crazy. "So pixies are real should have known" he said

She directed him to a comfortable area to sit and actually he wondered what she wanted to do to him but he got over his ego and sat down as she asked him to so she could run her scans
She pointed at Cameron with her wand, and incanted, "Revela est augurium in hoc homine."
A bluish-green light streamed from the wand and covered Cameron. Three red dots appeared in the aura around him, and she sighed.

"As I expected. At least WAND HQ is warded so you dropped off of her sensors the moment you walked through the portal. Now comes the hard part - dispelling what she did."

Another complex series of waves of her wand as she continued to cast, "Excaeca aliena oculos, et aures, et mutus, in aliena." At that point, two of the three red dots disappeared.

"Now, for the Geas she placed on you. I'm going to disable it but keep its aura intact. Morgan will not know that the spell has been broken, and when she tries to trigger it... I'll know. This one might hurt a little." Pandora finally set aside her coffee mug, stood, and drew power in from all around her before finally speaking...

"Gaudete, et abscondere in coacto!" Then, everything went black as Cameron felt like his entire body had exploded somehow and yet was still intact.

~~~

Some time later, Cameron awoke on a mattress in an area obviously a barracks. He was back at SHIELD HQ, in the infirmary. Other than a slight headache, he felt fine.

He looked around and saw his own medical chart - Light duty and observation for two weeks. At least that got him out of doing the filing day after day.

A quick check of the current duty logs told him that WAND had taken over that site entirely, save the Koenigs left there as liasons.

Then he realized one thing - she'd never told him a damned thing about Morgan.

@Iroh

Status
Not open for further replies.