AEGIS - RP in an expanded Marvel Cinematic Univers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Agent May was it?" Cole said, "I'll take on the witch with agent Torres."
"Done. I'll leave the tablets with you so you can review. We'll be moving on these missions by tomorrow afternoon, so get prepared." May said.

"Unless any of you had any further comment, or would be volunteering, I think we can wrap this briefing up."

"Agent May, I'd like to go with Agents Maya and Alice on the Kilgrave mission." Tamara spoke up.

"Fine. any other volunteers?" May asked.

@HellHoundWoof @Greenie @InkaDinkaDoo @Unyielding @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @ Anyone else I missed.

The sound of a match striking would herald the action of Graves, who had quietly watched till such time had come to decide where to go.

2lee-van-cleef.jpg

As the smell of tobacco filled the air between puffs, he removed the pipe to say simply.

"I'll go to help Doom. Having him owe us might give us an edge in future."

@Michale CS

As the smell of tobacco filled the air between puffs, he removed the pipe to say simply.

"I'll go to help Doom. Having him owe us might give us an edge in future."
May looked over at Graves. "Good to have you with us, Graves. I'll add you to the mission roster."

"Those of you working on that mission, you'll be on a Quinjet to Latveria as of 1500 hours tomorrow. Those working on the Kilgrave mission, you get to stay right here in New Haven."

~~ OOC ~~
Leaving the meeting semi-open for the remaining few people who haven't replied yet for another day, then starting up both missions in their appropriate threads.

Steven looked over the missions and looked at both of the two villains who were up for grabs. Both of them could try to influence him and turn him against his teammates and he didn't want that to happen. " I'm going to stay behind, people who can mess with my mind aren't exactly top on my mind to face," he said, as he looked at May wondering what the remaining people would do here.

@Michale CS

Steven looked over the missions and looked at both of the two villains who were up for grabs. Both of them could try to influence him and turn him against his teammates and he didn't want that to happen. " I'm going to stay behind, people who can mess with my mind aren't exactly top on my mind to face," he said, as he looked at May wondering what the remaining people would do here.

@Michale CS

Graves cocked an eyebrow at that but said nothing. Nevertheless, his estimate of Steven dropped as he declared his intent to stay. Did he really believe they were going to have the luxury of which costumed nut or cosmic force attacked? That because they'd stay behind, that their foes will see and do the same?

It was a childish view of the world. Moreover, it was an utter waste of an otherwise presumably good agent. Everyone cheated- Alien, Asgardian or otherwise, no exception. The key to success was to be better at it. He tapped out the ashes in his pipe into the closest ash tray and drawled aloud.

"Ma'am, I've one question- Le Fay. What exactly is our role? You say protection detail, but not much we can do against someone like that. Are we authorized to use lethal force or is this a pony show?"

Something for the masses to point and declare what a good job they did in other words. Some things never changed.

@Michale CS

That was obviously strike two with May, but she didn't let her face show much more than her usual level of disappointment. "Fine. You'll enter a rigorous training program with Lady Sif then. She expressed interest in forging you into a warrior - whatever that means. Good luck. But next time around I'll just assign you a mission and you'll go on it - or go to the brig." May didn't hide her disdain or even ask if he understood her comments.

@LuckycoolHawk9

It was a childish view of the world. Moreover, it was an utter waste of an otherwise presumably good agent. Everyone cheated- Alien, Asgardian or otherwise, no exception. The key to success was to be better at it. He tapped out the ashes in his pipe into the closest ash tray and drawled aloud.

"Ma'am, I've one question- Le Fay. What exactly is our role? You say protection detail, but not much we can do against someone like that. Are we authorized to use lethal force or is this a pony show?"
"You're welcome to try to kill her - again. She doesn't stay dead. I'll explain." May brought up a holographic screen and showed images as she narrated -
0vkW.png
"This is the enhanced known as The Sentry. He literally ripped Morgan Le Fay's head off." She explained.

"And she came back."
AYlT6.jpg
"This next bit of Intel comes from ARMOR, who tracked the changes to our reality. Morgan once wielded the Asgardian Norn Stones, sending a number of Asgardian monsters rampaging across the Earth. She captured the Scarlet Witch, using her to tap into the power of the Twilight Sword and transform the entire planet into a facsimile of the 6th century, with Morgan as ruler and the Avengers as her Queen's Vengeance royal guard. Despite her virtual omnipotence, Morgan was foiled when the Scarlet Witch resurrected Wonder Man and channeled the Avengers' power into him; he tore the Twilight Sword from her grasp, restoring reality to its previous state."
"So, as you can see, none of us is fully prepared for this, or any of our missions. Which is why I assign only one Agent to each mission and let the other three volunteer. If I see much more of what happened today, I might just change my mind and assign them fully." May collapsed the screens.

"Information will be sent to your tablets regarding the missions you're a part of. My suggestion would be for you all to get a good rest, because tomorrow..."

She took a few steps to the door of the room before turning back and saying. "...you're going to war."

@Greenie @Ringmaster @HellHoundWoof @InkaDinkaDoo

That was good enough for him. And with a sardonic wave, Graves stepped out for his early retirement to bed.

Not in a room, he didn't take so well to personal quarters. If there were any two places he slept best it was either out in the wilderness or on his ship. Right in the pilot seat, where he spent the best of thirty years snoozing lightly out in the black.

At any rate, despite what they were up against, Graves would sleep restfully without worry the whole night. If they succeeded, fine. If not, well that was one of the aspects of the job, to die in the line of duty. If he had qualms on that? Graves would have stayed out of SWORD and with his hat over his eyes as he settled in the familiar setting of his ship, he was soon out like a light.​

That was obviously strike two with May, but she didn't let her face show much more than her usual level of disappointment. "Fine. You'll enter a rigorous training program with Lady Sif then. She expressed interest in forging you into a warrior - whatever that means. Good luck. But next time around I'll just assign you a mission and you'll go on it - or go to the brig." May didn't hide her disdain or even ask if he understood her comments.
Steven had that feeling that Agent May wasn't going to be happy with his decision either and he expected the disappointment too. He had screwed up twice within a week and he knew if he went one more time then he would be benched and sent to the brig to do desk work like Torres and he took a deep breath. Forging you into a warrior was probably short for sword training and/or melee combat. Hopefully he wouldn't have another breakdown, hopefully he could figure out how to fix his broken mind.

@Michale CS

Maya had given Alice a small smile when the latter had spoken to her, but she didn't know if she could actually believe her. She had seen Jenny burn her hands in an attempt to pick up the knife. She had seen the man in the ice-cream parlour try to punish himself. What if the purple man manipulated those who were on her side? What if she wasn't able to fight off his words fast enough.

When Agent May was done, Maya gave a small nod before she headed after Avery. She needed to focus, to calm her mind, and the little ball of fur helped her do that. She seriously hoped he wasn't really some kitty spy sent from HYDRA or the purple man. Don't be stupid.

@Michale CS @Unyielding

Last edited:
Steven had that feeling that Agent May wasn't going to be happy with his decision either and he expected the disappointment too. He had screwed up twice within a week and he knew if he went one more time then he would be benched and sent to the brig to do desk work like Torres and he took a deep breath. Forging you into a warrior was probably short for sword training and/or melee combat. Hopefully he wouldn't have another breakdown, hopefully he could figure out how to fix his broken mind.

@Michale CS
A match was struck, Cole turned around to see a man who looked out of the old west. Interesting, someone else with too much time. When the information about how Morgan Le Fay once reshaped the Earth to her liking he grew uneasy. He was impressed by the power she held and was surprised more powerful people werent on this mission. Cole noticed his new friend was down and gave him a solid pat on the back.

"Chin up old boy," Cole said before walking off to find his quarters. Speaking of which he was very confused as to where to find them. Through some rather aggressive questioning he found out that he was going to be staying in a small room, but all to his own. He found himself in a windowless room with several of the regular SHIELD uniforms stocked in a drawer. He grumpily took off his suit and folded it carefully placing it on the desk with the utmost care.

"Boring," He said tossing a SHIELD uniform on his bed, afterwards he continued to brief himself on Morgan Le Fey. She was a striking woman from the picture's he had seen. It made him no more at ease to find out she's once controlled the entire Asgardian zoo. He pondered the possibility of her striking him down, if he died it'd be entertaining in the least. He eventually drifted off to sleep before he could think to try on his new suit.

"Sorry I'm late. That hot tamale didn't sit well with me last night."

It was always Nat's nature to be fashionably late, but this... this was one of the days he screwed one over.
After an unsuccessful attempt at a Tinder date and a midnight snack of Doritos and Mexican munchies, he eventually pulled his sanity together to wake up at an ungodly hour of... 11 o' clock. He eventually managed to clean himself up and eat an apple but he was still REALLY late and he needed a subtle excuse to cover up his groggy nap time, and unfortunately, the tamale was all he could think of.

"So guys.. what did I mis-"

All he could see was a briefing of some lady named Morgan Le Fey, Agent May closing a door, and almost all of A.E.G.I.S gazing at him like he killed an old lady or something. He knew something was up when a notification about a thing called "The Sentry" decapitating some dude popped up from his tablet, but he didn't expect the briefing to be this serious. Let alone that he was late and he probably missed ALL the details. Good thing the summary was in his phone, or else he'd probably be a sitting duck. "Welp, too late anyways." He mustered up the bravery inside of him, breathed deeply and said:
"I guess, I'm going to Kilgrave?"

That was WAY more lamer than he thought it'd sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the bar, after the failure but before the briefing

Steven looked around as he stared through his notebook. If he kept staring at his notes he would be driven insane. They weren't getting him anywhere except for a headache. He needed to find someone chill and laid back to talk to. He headed towards the common area, hoping to find someone to talk to.

@Boop

"Oh thank god somebody finally left." Nat thought, almost dying from boredom.
"Um... I'm gonna.." Nat brainstormed "find the secret of life and contemplate my existence."
He stepped away and paced towards the common room. "Call me if it's taco time."

It was a miserable and desperate and totally retarted excuse but it'll have to do for now. He just needed some time away from seriousness.
He's bored at acting normal, he needs a little bit of Nat time to relax his brain. Some snacks and a little bit of chat will do for now.
Closing the door, he excused himself and went inside the room. There he found Steven. "Probably as bored as I am." Nat thought, "but then again, who won't be?"

Forming two burritos (Yes. He loves Mexican food THAT much) on the palms of his two hands. He pat Steven on the back.
Offering one, he told him, "Want one?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Steven hadn't noticed that anyone else was bored in the slightest to be honest.
Despite trying to ignore the notes to make a second super solider, his mind kept driftng towards it again.
He took a deep breath as he wondered if someone was talking to himself behind him.

It was something else to wonder what to do, but he couldn't escape who he was and that was a genius in some regards and there was no denying it.
He could pretend he was stupid all the time, but he wasn't quite sure who he was trying to fool anymore, himself or the rest of SHIELD.
Steven thankfully didn't talk to himself in these moments and that was a saving grace. The last thing he wanted his teammates to think was that he was unstable, which he was.

Steven jumped, surprised that someone had patted him on his back. He thought he was indeed here alone and that no one else was there.
He surveyed the food for a brief second and thought about it long and hard. " Sure," he said to him.

He wasn't sure why he was surprised or anything. He closed the door hard, didn't tiptoe or anything. Was he a ninja?
"Wa-wait a minute. Maybe I could create an invisibility cape! Yeah, and I could steal some ice cream or maybe punch a bad guy in the nuts, or maybe eve-"
His train of thought was broken when Steven actually accepted his burrito. He thought for sure he was gonna decline. "Welp. My fault for offering one."

Conjuring two chairs were a lot more taxing than two burritos, but in the end he managed it, but he ended up sweaty.
"Damn this weak diabetic heart and overworked lungs." Nat muttered. Well, it would change if he somehow survived workouts and training, but that's a different topic for another day. Sitting, he thoughtfully munched on his burrito. This burrito was a mix of chicken and sausage topped with cheese and pepper flakes. It was a little bit spicy but ended up more delicious than his previous burritos. He looked intrigued when he saw Steven just staring at his burrito. "Come on it isn't that bad." Nat thought, biting through another piece of chicken. The look of thinking was plain on his blank face. "Aren't you gonna eat it? It's delish." Nat told Steven through chews.

He looked slyly "Cause if you don't want yours..."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven hadn't been paying attention to the noise around him when he had left his room, his brain was focused on his notes.
He was trying to figure it out still, despite the fact he was saying he was going to ignore it. He had learned that he was indeed very good at lying to himself.He was orginally going to decline but something about the burito was perfect in so many ways. That and the fact he was hungry due to skipping his dinner.

He was surprised when he had gotten two chairs conjured up, expecting to be standing for the entire time strangely enough too.
Steven looked at him. " You didn't have to conjure up a chair for me you know, I was fine with just standing or even taking the couch over there where we are just supposed to chill, despite the fact that no one ever does. If it hurts too much to do these things then you shouldn't strain yourself," he said. There were times he wished that he had followed his own advice since it would make his own life easier, but he rarely ever did. He took a moment to stare at the burito which seemed to have the strangest foods imaginable on it but he thought about it for a second and nodded. " I'll eat it, I skip out on dinner due to the screwup earlier today, self-punishment and all."

Steven took a bite out of his to show that he did indeed want it.
@Boop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.