Academia Crystalis: A Magitek adventure

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I took what you said more literally than what you might have meant.
I never played any of the Final Fantasy games, so I don't know how Light is utilized in that universe. People tell me all the time I need to play them though! I just don't have the right console, sadly.

I never played any of the Final Fantasy games, so I don't know how Light is utilized in that universe. People tell me all the time I need to play them though! I just don't have the right console, sadly.

Well I mean.....I don't play Final Fantasy either..........

Well I mean.....I don't play Final Fantasy either..........
It's all good, though. I'm pretty chill with this stuff and I don't mind that I got it wrong and had to fix it. But my guess is you're not really a fan and I don't want to cause issues here since you're one of the approved players. Best of luck to you guys!

It's all good, though. I'm pretty chill with this stuff and I don't mind that I got it wrong and had to fix it. But my guess is you're not really a fan and I don't want to cause issues here since you're one of the approved players. Best of luck to you guys!

That's not at all what I said.

I was merely joking was all

That's not at all what I said.

I was merely joking was all
It's fine! I mean, the world is fantastic, but if I'm not getting what fits with you guys, it's not a bad thing, you know? Totally cool, and I'll probably lurk and read what you guys write because you've all created some fantastic sounding characters.

It's fine! I mean, the world is fantastic, but if I'm not getting what fits with you guys, it's not a bad thing, you know? Totally cool, and I'll probably lurk and read what you guys write because you've all created some fantastic sounding characters.

Come to discord, we can help you. We all help each other and brainstorm. Shit my characters were created by asking the simple question "what don't you guys have"

Discord

A good idea is to always read the sheets before yours. And then decide what isn't already in the group. Sometimes we have to make personal sacrifices of what we want to do, for what should be done. I mean I love both of my characters a lot, but they also were not my initial plan.

• Love
Reactions: Effervescent
Come to discord, we can help you. We all help each other and brainstorm. Shit my characters were created by asking the simple question "what don't you guys have"

Discord

A good idea is to always read the sheets before yours. And then decide what isn't already in the group. Sometimes we have to make personal sacrifices of what we want to do, for what should be done. I mean I love both of my characters a lot, but they also were not my initial plan.
That's very sweet of you! I'll swing by after these errands!

I am not a fan of your personal powerchoice really. It has nothing to do with fire. Its basicly just "I grow more powerful" . There is nothing in it that really fit. And well, nothing about "totally not wukong" feels like it has to do with fire at all. Really. The fire element seems like a after thought and that right now puts me off.

I could change it to earth in that case. I'll admit I was hard pressed to choose an element since I wanted to do a pugilist character.
Also, I'm not sure which Wukong you're referring to. I based him off the Chinese myth of the Monkey King, Sun Wukong. The character's been adapted a million times by a lot of media, however. There are lots of Sun Wukongs in media.

I could change it to earth in that case. I'll admit I was hard pressed to choose an element since I wanted to do a pugilist character.
Also, I'm not sure which Wukong you're referring to. I based him off the Chinese myth of the Monkey King, Sun Wukong. The character's been adapted a million times by a lot of media, however. There are lots of Sun Wukongs in media.
Drop by the Discord, and we'll go from there.

Crystal Wielder Sheet__________________________
Name: Xin Aristotle [pronounced Sin]
Appearance: A collected demeanor radiates from her small, yet strong frame. Xin stands steady, never slouching, but prowls when she walks. Her dark hair crowns her sharp green eyes, often braided and held together by a gold cuff. Freckles dust her dainty nose and soft cheeks. Her neutral expression is intense and irritable; however her youth beams through her shy and gentle smiles. She adorns herself in precious metals and gems, and fashions herself in Southern desert attire that compliment her sun basked complexion. Even whilst combat, Xin avoids heavy armor as it limits her movements. Although her origins are Ethian, she does not possess feline features due to her mixed blood of Alari.
Race: Ethian/Alari
Nation: Helia
Weapon: Tashmere - A set of claws crafted after Cruxis, a claw crossed gauntlet used in her former years. Finding the gauntlet breed too heavy for her preference, Tashmere was the finalization of many trials and tribulations. Delicate by appearance, these claws can endure harsh conditions without a scratch to its surface, or strain to its user. It's simple design offers a daunting elegance. The set comes in four pieces, all forged with immortalis etched into the metal. The footwear for Tashmere helps plant her feet, and increases Xin's dexterity by balancing inertia when shifting direction.
3s_by_wlop-damkn2i.jpg
Magical Abilities: Light (Speed Assassin)

• Light Cloak: Xin wraps herself in a light that can be bent to conceal herself. She is also able to bend the light of her image to appear a fraction of a moment faster or slower to the eye.
  • Flashbang: Collection of light condenses into a silent detonation. Does minimal damage, but disorientates, momentarily subduing or altering the interaction of light from the eyes. Depending on range of impact, can leave a ringing in the ears.
Personality: Having spent her early years solely relying on herself, Xin comes off as aloof and indifferent. With the bold look in her eyes striking intimidation, she exhibits a distant guard that makes her appear to be untouchable. However her initial impression is as far as her detachment goes. She is loyal to a fault, and despite her adamant will, she becomes deeply crushed by the rejection of those dear to her. Her fear of disapproval stems from her early discrimination, and to compensate, she feels the need to overachieve. Xin is a perfectionist, and constantly pushes herself past her limit- even if it breaks her. Her drive is fixed with her morality; however she can be too willing for the sake of others. Yet her kindness is reserved to those who she deems worthy of receiving. She becomes unexpectedly bashful with praise, and soft towards kindness and affection. On the other hand, her temperance is that of a predator, and will strike when provoked. Xin values agility, and has a high speed combative style. Having lived in comfortable luxury, she enjoys the finer things, but has no need for abundance. She does have the faulty habit of testing her luck, and often gambles the small things.

Backstory: Tribe Enyu of Ethia, a proud lineage of Ethians once vast and powerful- now dwindling in its numbers and declining in strength. To revive their fortune, a bargain was made. It was a shame for the Ethian tribe, as it was a disgrace to mix their true blooded heritage. However, as the tribe leaders concluded, a deal had to be made for the sake of the tribe's limited resources. Thus, Xin Aristotle was born of a decision to potentially restrengthen the tribes standing. Tribe Enyu consisted of three leaders, the third as Xin's mother, Yan Airya. She was recognized as the selfless mind and voice, the one that had taken the responsibility upon her shoulders. Despite the pitying voices, she was unaffected. Her act was for the sake of the tribe, which itself brought dignity. Tribe Enyu had always basked in the comfort of fortune and wealth, Yan Airya was unwilling to see that slip. Although Xin admired her mother's callous, she realized her indifference stretched to her child as well. On the other hand, Xin had never met her father in her early life. Rhys Aristotle lived in another continent as a noble man, one with vast riches. The Enyu people had often called him a savior; however with voices laced with concealed hostility. Not only in their voices, it was traced in their eyes. When they saw that the child had no feline ears, or characteristics found in a pure Ethian; it didn't matter how close they were- they would look at her from a distance. Thus, the young Xin yearned for acceptance. She fashioned herself into what the best Ethian would be- a warrior.
Come the time Xin was to leave Ethia to live with her father, she was recognized for her warrior prowess. Relief flooded the tribe as she left the continent. Regardless of the fact that she was an illegible tribe leader, it was a disgrace for a mixed blood to stand above other pure bloods. She was sixteen when she arrived in Helia to her father, and was immediately basked in praise and affection. Xin was put on a pedestal, and it didn't take long for her to realize her worth. In Helia, she was a wealthy noble's daughter with proud Ethian blood. However that was all there was to her name- it was belittling. Rhys Aristotle was an intelligent man, hard boiled yet kind and caring to his sole child. Although his intentions with the Enyu were pure political tactic, he was affectionate to Xin in his own way. This meant guarding and adorning her, like an expensive doll behind a screen glass to be admired. Although recognizing her father's efforts, she could no longer see her worth dwindle to a state of feebleness. Her yearning to be recognized had to be rooted and proven within her. Thus, Xin spent the next two years honing herself to pass the entrance of the renown Academia. Presently in her third year, she continues to strive, fall and grow.

Misc Information and Possession:
  • Her father's wealth comes from the possession of many rich lands and mines in Helia
  • Chose her combat style of faux claws to follow the traditional Ethian way of fighting
  • Skilled in archery and wielding pole arms
  • Incorporates her skills of dancing into her combative movements
  • Wire: Thin razor sharp wires that immobilizes and cuts, visible with the gleam of light.
  • Glass Lamp: A small glass lamp containing pyrobutterflies of the South. Makes Xin feel at home.
  • Lucky Clutch: A small and weightless clutch hidden on her. Contains an assortment of jewels for emergencies and so that foreign currency wouldn't be a problem. Xin also just likes to look at shiny pretty things from time to time.
  • Valkie Cloth: A sheer cloth with rich embroidery of jewels and metals. It's purpose lies beyond fashion, as it filters the air and blocks natural harmful exposures. Comes in a variety of colours.
  • Southern Bow: Made from the dark wood of Ethia, Xin utilizes a large recurved bow for long range attacks.
  • Southern Attire: Consists of her common garments, and attachments to adorn them. The butterfly shawl is enhanced to emit light with transferred magic. Mimics the pyro-butterflies of the South.
    5ss_by_wlop-daoc8al.jpg

Familiar Sheet____________________________________________

Name: Pyrrah
Element: Light
Appearance: A pale and fluorescent spirit, possessing the figure and grace of a woman. Pyrrah reflects elegance, emitting a glow that dims and brightens according to her mood and will. Tracing a wispy dress of shadows, she floats and disappears like a flickering or blurring light. Wickedly, shes daunting.
Personality: Possessive and jealous- these traits kept under her soft glow and delicate movements. Her motive to protect is driven by the notion of guarding what is hers. Pyrrah's appeal lies in her gentle touch and motherly reassurance. However when her patience expires- shes dreadful.
Abilities:

• Illusive: Pyrrah emits a dazzling light that blinds and disorientates visual reality. With this ability, she is able to influence visions and illusions, such as multiple apparitions and reflections.
  • Wave Emission: Releases a pulse of light waves that repels or nullifies the incoming impact of attacks and abilities. Has knock back properties.

Crystal Wielder Sheet__________________________
Name: Xin Aristotle [pronounced Sin]
Appearance: A collected demeanor radiates from her small, yet strong frame. Xin stands steady, never slouching, but prowls when she walks. Her dark hair crowns her sharp green eyes, often braided and held together by a gold cuff. Freckles dust her dainty nose and soft cheeks. Her neutral expression is intense and irritable; however her youth beams through her shy and gentle smiles. She adorns herself in precious metals and gems, and fashions herself in Southern desert attire that compliment her sun basked complexion. Even whilst combat, Xin avoids heavy armor as it limits her movements. Although her origins are Ethian, she does not possess feline features due to her mixed blood of Alari.
Race: Ethian/Alari
Nation: Helia
Weapon: Tashmere - A set of claws crafted after Cruxis, a claw crossed gauntlet used in her former years. Finding the gauntlet breed too heavy for her preference, Tashmere was the finalization of many trials and tribulations. Delicate by appearance, these claws can endure harsh conditions without a scratch to its surface, or strain to its user. It's simple design offers a daunting elegance. The set comes in four pieces, all forged with immortalis etched into the metal. The footwear for Tashmere helps plant her feet, and increases Xin's dexterity by balancing inertia when shifting direction.
3s_by_wlop-damkn2i.jpg
Magical Abilities: Light (Speed Assassin)

• Flicker Refraction: Xin transfers her physical attributes into light and is able to teleport a short distance, leaving afterimages of herself. These are only apparitions and cannot deal damage, lasting momentarily.
  • Flash Inducement: Collection of light condenses into a physical form that can be sent out and silently detonate. Does minimal damage, but blinds the victim(s), subduing or altering the interaction of light from the eyes for a period of time. Depending on range of impact, can leave a ringing in the ears.
Personality: Having spent her early years solely relying on herself, Xin comes off as aloof and indifferent. With the bold look in her eyes striking intimidation, she exhibits a distant guard that makes her appear to be untouchable. However her initial impression is as far as her detachment goes. She is loyal to a fault, and despite her adamant will, she becomes deeply crushed by the rejection of those dear to her. Her fear of disapproval stems from her early discrimination, and to compensate, she feels the need to overachieve. Xin is a perfectionist, and constantly pushes herself past her limit- even if it breaks her. Her drive is fixed with her morality; however she can be too willing for the sake of others. Yet her kindness is reserved to those who she deems worthy of receiving. She becomes unexpectedly bashful with praise, and soft towards kindness and affection. On the other hand, her temperance is that of a predator, and will strike when provoked. Xin values agility, and has a high speed combative style. Having lived in comfortable luxury, she enjoys the finer things, but has no need for abundance. She does have the faulty habit of testing her luck, and often gambles the small things.

Backstory: Tribe Enyu of Ethia, a proud lineage of Ethians once vast and powerful- now dwindling in its numbers and declining in strength. To revive their fortune, a bargain was made. It was a shame for the Ethian tribe, as it was a disgrace to mix their true blooded heritage. However, as the tribe leaders concluded, a deal had to be made for the sake of the tribe's limited resources. Thus, Xin Aristotle was born of a decision to potentially restrengthen the tribes standing. Tribe Enyu consisted of three leaders, the third as Xin's mother, Yan Airya. She was recognized as the selfless mind and voice, the one that had taken the responsibility upon her shoulders. Despite the pitying voices, she was unaffected. Her act was for the sake of the tribe, which itself brought dignity. Tribe Enyu had always basked in the comfort of fortune and wealth, Yan Airya was unwilling to see that slip. Although Xin admired her mother's callous, she realized her indifference stretched to her child as well. On the other hand, Xin had never met her father in her early life. Rhys Aristotle lived in another continent as a noble man, one with vast riches. The Enyu people had often called him a savior; however with voices laced with concealed hostility. Not only in their voices, it was traced in their eyes. When they saw that the child had no feline ears, or characteristics found in a pure Ethian; it didn't matter how close they were- they would look at her from a distance. Thus, the young Xin yearned for acceptance. She fashioned herself into what the best Ethian would be- a warrior.
Come the time Xin was to leave Ethia to live with her father, she was recognized for her warrior prowess. Relief flooded the tribe as she left the continent. Regardless of the fact that she was an illegible tribe leader, it was a disgrace for a mixed blood to stand above other pure bloods. She was sixteen when she arrived in Helia to her father, and was immediately basked in praise and affection. Xin was put on a pedestal, and it didn't take long for her to realize her worth. In Helia, she was a wealthy noble's daughter with proud Ethian blood. However that was all there was to her name- it was belittling. Rhys Aristotle was an intelligent man, hard boiled yet kind and caring to his sole child. Although his intentions with the Enyu were pure political tactic, he was affectionate to Xin in his own way. This meant guarding and adorning her, like an expensive doll behind a screen glass to be admired. Although recognizing her father's efforts, she could no longer see her worth dwindle to a state of feebleness. Her yearning to be recognized had to be rooted and proven within her. Thus, Xin spent the next two years honing herself to pass the entrance of the renown Academia. Presently in her third year, she continues to strive, fall and grow.

Misc Information and Possession:
  • Her father's wealth comes from the possession of many rich lands and mines in Helia
  • Chose her combat style of faux claws to follow the traditional Ethian way of fighting
  • Skilled in archery and wielding pole arms
  • Incorporates her skills of dancing into her combative movements
  • Wire: Thin razor sharp wires that immobilizes and cuts, visible with the gleam of light.
  • Glass Lamp: A small glass lamp containing pyrobutterflies of the South. Makes Xin feel at home.
  • Lucky Clutch: A small and weightless clutch hidden on her. Contains an assortment of jewels for emergencies and so that foreign currency wouldn't be a problem. Xin also just likes to look at shiny pretty things from time to time.
  • Valkie Cloth: A sheer cloth with rich embroidery of jewels and metals. It's purpose lies beyond fashion, as it filters the air and blocks natural harmful exposures. Comes in a variety of colours.
  • Southern Bow: Made from the dark wood of Ethia, Xin utilizes a large recurved bow for long range attacks.
  • Southern Attire: Consists of her common garments, and attachments to adorn them. The butterfly shawl is enhanced to emit light with transferred magic. Mimics the pyro-butterflies of the South.
    5ss_by_wlop-daoc8al.jpg
    red_by_wlop-d9969rz.jpg

Familiar Sheet____________________________________________

Name: Pyrrah
Element: Light
Appearance: A pale and fluorescent spirit, possessing the figure and grace of a woman. Pyrrah reflects elegance, emitting a glow that dims and brightens according to her mood and will. Tracing a wispy dress of shadows, she floats and disappears like a flickering or blurring light. Wickedly, shes daunting.
Personality: Possessive and jealous- these traits kept under her soft glow and delicate motions. Her motive to protect is driven by the notion of guarding what is hers. Pyrrah's appeal lies in her gentle touch and motherly reassurance. However when her patience expires- shes dreadfully terrifying.
Abilities:
Accepted

Crystal Wielder Sheet_______________________________________
Name: Aseela Kalatet
Appearance:
V5I7iMZ.jpg

Race:
Balamestri
Nation: Kalthran
Familiar: Bandalli (Warrior Ape)
Warrior Apes are incredibly intelligent creatures that often live deep in the jungles of the Kalthran islands. They are about as smart as humans, so much so that there are many myths around Kalthran about Apes who make deals with humans. These deals always have a catch in favor of the Ape, of course; in fact, the Kalthranese phrase, "This is a monkey's deal." that's used to call out one sided deals stems from these stories.
Apes also have a long history of less than stellar behavior. Their knack for mischief and mayhem often makes them difficult to deal with when actually coming across them. While most of these Apes are blessed with innate speed, toughness, and fighting skill, most of it is put to use in less-than-admirable activities. While they have a tendency for mischief, Warrior Apes aren't inherently cruel or malicious. Most of the time, their goal is to steal food or take whatever liquor's been stashed away for themselves. There are even stories of Apes wearing heavy clothing to disguise themselves as humans and con travelers out of their food and anything that might look shiny.
Aleesa met Bandalli the Warrior Ape shortly after she left home for the Academia. She needed something to bind, so she volunteered to tag along with a traveling caravan passing through a jungle on their way to the next town. She bound Bandalli one night after seeing him rooting through their food stores. She mistook him for a thief and knocked him unconscious with a metal pan to the back of the head while he busied himself with their food. Bandalli wasn't too happy to wake up tied up and in a cage. So Aleesa made him a monkey's deal. She'd let him out... if he agreed to a binding. He said he'd rather stay in a cage forever. He caved when she started to enjoy a meal just out of reach.

"Come on, kid, let me out. If I die in a cage, I lose a bet."

Weapon: A Rock and A Hard Place - Aleesa's fighting style can be rolled up into the word, "Pugilist". She hits things with her fists (and also feet, elbows, knees, shoulders, and occasionally her head) and is generally able to fight without a weapon. This isn't to say, however, that a weapon isn't used or wanted. Enter her two good pals: A pair of cestus gloves. The one on her left is called A Hard Place. The one on her right is called A Rock. Getting between them is generally an unpleasant experience. There are small Immortalis crystals instead of metal pieces under the glove, just above the knuckles. The gloves used to belong to her mentor and teacher Jokala Oktelos, a seasoned monk and a veteran of the Crystal War. They're a bit old but they've proven themselves to be as sturdy and as stubborn as their wielders.

"Ha! See Bandalli? He was caught between... A Rock and A Hard Place!"
"That's not funny. At all."
"It's kinda funny."
"Not really."

Magical Abilities:
  • Stubbornness of the Monkey: A passive ability that affects Aseela while Bandalli is bound inside her. An inner fire that keeps her going so long as it burns. In addition to her already thickheaded nature, Aleesa's endurance and resilience is increased. It isn't as flashy or cool as shooting fire and lightning, but plenty useful when your main method of hurting things forces you to get in real close. Unfortunately, being resilient to damage isn't the same thing as being invulnerable to pain. Getting hit still hurts. Kind of a lot, actually.
  • Fury of the Monkey: An activated ability whose description is quite simple. Hit. Really. Hard. With a flaming fist. It's unrefined, not exactly elegant, and requires Aleesa to get in close and physically hit her opponent. It's not graceful and there are clearly better ways to fight than run up and punch them, but if physical contact is actually made, Aleesa can hit with great strength and with a fist burning as brightly as her inner fire. Hard enough to smash through armor or just send an enemy flying back. Academia Board should keep in mind; this attack causes a lot of collateral damage when it misses. And she misses a lot.
Personality: Aleesa's equal parts stubborn, and enthusiastic. She's got big dreams of being one of the great crystal wielders (so naturally, learning that her abilities weren't as cool as shooting lightning and fire came as a huge bummer). She's also slightly overconfident and tends to overestimate her own abilities. She has a bad habit of biting off more than she can chew as well as being incredibly quick to jump into something she may or may not fully understand. It's difficult to sway her away from something she's already set her mind on either for better or for worse. But she's a lot stronger than she looks. Both in terms of physical prowess and willpower. Spending your childhood running errands around a small fishing village carrying, lugging, and throwing a lot of heavy things left her with quite a bit of strength. You haven't strained yourself till you've lugged heavy baskets of fish uphill on your back. And being thickheaded and stubborn does wonders for personal willpower. For better or worse.

Backstory: Aleesa was raised in a monastery set up by a small group of monks overlooking a small coastal village in Kalthran. This monastery, like many others, took in children who were orphaned, unwanted, or simply in need of care. Like most of the other kids there, she never met her parents and in all honesty, she never really wanted to. The monks, the other kids, and even the people down in the village were her family and they were more than enough. The monks taught them to read and write, to meditate and interpret the wise teachings of old scriptures, and to cultivate a sense of appreciation for the world around them. Many of the monks there had at one point been soldiers in the Crystal War, so those who wanted to learn self-defense were taught. Those were good years, spent learning, running errands around the nearby village, and enjoying life near the cliffs and sea.

Aleesa had always found that physical activities appealed to her much, much more than academic or intellectual ones. She liked to practice on her own and explore the village below. Much to the chagrin of the monks, she also liked to wander deep into the tropical forest behind the monastery. It was there where she found one of the head monks, Jokala, sitting in a tree and enjoying a snack; despite Brother Ekshu having made it clear the night before that it was Jokala's turn to organize the libraries. Aleesa was also avoiding her chores at the time. The two got along famously and Jokala mentored her for the rest of her time there. But he became more than a mentor; he was a good friend. They both had a lot in common. Both were stubborn and thickheaded, both had a mischievous side, both had a love of good food, and they both drove Brother Ekshu crazy.

After a time, Aleesa decided she wanted to become a crystal wielder and leave for one of the Academies. The monks agreed that she should follow that path she chose for herself and work her hardest to get there. She wasn't the first or the last of the adopted children to want to become a crystal wielder. She was, however, the only one who was accepted into Academia Immortalis...

Studies had always been hard for her. She wasn't much of thinker. But in a test of strength, she showed she had a lot of potential. When the time came to shoot for Academia Immortalis, she figured she had nothing to lose. She barely made it through the knowledge exams and it had been half hard work... and half luck (with maaaybe a little bit of peeking at her neighbor's paper during the exam sprinkled in somewhere; but it isn't cheating if you weren't caught). The physical exams had been easier. It had still been tough, but it put Aleesa in her element. And any advantage is a good advantage during an uphill battle. Now, she's here. Academia Immortalis is the nicest, fanciest place she has ever been in, the food is amazing, and they have real towels in the bathroom. But, the classes are hard and the work is even harder. It's been a grueling two years, and she's got to admit that she's gotten through it by the skin of her teeth, but she's hanging in there.

Misc Possession and Information:
  • A few old scrolls with some of the teachings of the monastery she grew up in. They have yet to be unwrapped and actually read; Aleesa's not much of a reader.
  • A wind shawl, a little old, a little torn. Smells slightly of perfume. Not originally hers.
  • A coin pouch that honestly feels cursed seeing as it is almost always empty no matter what. There is just never enough money for anything.
  • A bracelet made of shells and soft stones from the sea. Received as a gift from one of the villagers years ago. She thought it was very nice of them. The fact that it was a young fisherman's attempt to woo her went right over her head. She doesn't remember his name though.

Familiar char sheet. _______________________________________

Name: Bandalli the Warrior Ape

Element: Fire

Appearence:

4d58ea024bb64fb4c105751fde45c005.jpg

Personality: Bandalli claims to be one of the oldest, most powerful familiars in the world. Then again, he also claims to have once been the king of Alexia and that he invented airship travel in a single afternoon. The only honest part of all that is probably the part where he's old. He also cheats at any game you invite him to play. It's a bad idea to bet anything against him.

Bandalli is, unfortunately for Aleesa, lazy, rude, and kind of a pervert. It took her weeks to get him to show her how to use his abilities for herself and he still refuses to show her much else. According to him, Aleesa hasn't earned the loyalty of such a powerful familiar... but the truth is he's just too lazy to show her much else. Bandalli only loves two things. Free food and good looking ladies.

He's very laid-back with everything... but somewhere in there hides the fury of a thousand flaming fists. It's just hard to tear him away from the window into the lady's bath houses.

"I'm not peeping, I'm scouting the facilities. See? All safe. You're welcome."

Abilities:
  • A Thousand Fiery Fists: The aforementioned fists of fire. Bandalli can throw an incredible amount of furious, flaming punches with insane speed. Each hit comes faster than the last with a seemingly boundless reserve of energy to fuel that red hot fury. Even after an opponent has been beaten to a pulp, Bandalli's fists keep coming and coming, smashing their opponent deeper and deeper into whatever surface they happened to be standing on. Aleesa keeps nagging at him to teach her to do this herself, but he refuses every time. Too much work. Not enough snacking involved.
  • A Monkey's Best Tool: The best way to hit an opponent is without them even seeing you coming. Bandalli's fiery aura glows and he gains incredible speed and movement on top of his innate simian agility so long as that inner flame glows brightly. His fighting style has its foundation rooted in unpredictability, putting his speed to great use. How does a monkey steal a good meal? One, be faster; two, be hard to catch. Fighting an opponent face-to-face is easy. Fighting one that can come from above, behind, and probably even from below is a lot tougher.
Accepted

Now that I have no work, my guy will be up by tonight.

NAME: Alexandria Chevalier
APPEARANCE
Usually garbed in the elegant dress befitting nobility, their vivid colors complimenting her pale blonde hair, golden brown eyes, and lightly toned skin, Alexandria appears to fit the mold of an aristocrat nicely. Hidden beneath the perfumed grace and pomp placed upon her by the desperation of fading influence and power lies the lean physique of a duelist and the heavily callused hands of one who has practiced with a sword for nearly twenty years with a fanatical zeal.
RACE: Alari
NATION: Alexia
FAMILIAR: Anicetus Anastasius Mache
WEAPON
Her weapon and familiar the one and same, that of an ancient immortalis sword. Translucent in clarity, the immortalis blade has the appearance of frosted glass when dormant, but glows bright blue when wielded in battle and shines a brilliant gold when channeling the divine power of light. In theory, the channeling of this power changes the eye color of the wielder in correspondence, but there appears to be an issue between caster and familiar, resulting in only her right eye being affected and the imperfect results of Alexandria's spells.
MAGICAL ABILITIES

• Defaeco Immunda (Imperfectus): By focusing the divine power into the blade, the wielder unleashes a grand stream of light with a swing of the sword. While most unfortunate in the path of the blast are struck by the destructive force of energy, those of a dark alignment receive additional damage as their very nature is assaulted by the purifying light. Because of her imperfection, Alexandria's version vents some of the energy behind her in recoil, making her attack weaker than it should be and possesses the potential to harm any who might be near her.
  • Summu Bonum (Imperfectus): Seeking to aid others in need, the caster raises their sword and points it to the heavens, creating a pillar of light that heals injuries, negates the weakening effects of magic and poison, and to briefly raise the resistance and durability to those without ailments. This pillar is supposed to aid only those the caster deems friendly, but Alexandria's imperfect variant lacks such concepts and attends to all within its radius, friendly or hostile.

PERSONALITY
Despite the Chevalier family having been on the decline after the Crystal Wars, Alexandria still possesses the regal, dignified bearing one would associate an active member of nobility to have. She greets everyone equally with respect and grace, regardless of if they were friend or enemy, and practices the values of noblesse oblige, no matter the situation. These values were not imparted to her by her family, but rather her familiar, who she views with an unhealthy zealous admiration and enamoredness. She has yet to verbally address this behavior, nor take steps in correcting them, resulting in her imperfections when it comes to using her magical abilities. In combat, Alexandria prefers to take to the front lines with her familiar fully summoned, putting herself between those under her protection and those who would do them harm and seeking to best them with her skills, iron will, and courage.
BACKSTORY
Named after the Immortal Queen herself, as was the trend for those within the Alexian Empire, Alexandria was born to the Chevalier family, a minor house of nobility residing in the Spire City of Melanor. As far from conflict consuming the world as their influence could afford, her life began as one of luxury and possession of little trouble. Things would change the day of the final battle. It was on that day that she was traveling with her parents and the company of one of her father's associates when the magical backlash tore across the land, splitting the earth beneath their carriage and entrapping the rear wheels. While her father and mother had enough time to escape the vehicle, another tremor parted the grounds further, swallowing the carriage and those within into the maw of the earth. She awoke in a dark abyss, lit only by the faint light of the world above. Left unscathed save for scratches and bruises, she would find her father's associate pinned down by the ruined carriage and attempted to help him out until it became aware that they were not alone. Featureless creatures of shadows fell upon the carriage, swarming and devouring the poor man trapped beneath, sending Alexandria into a frightened flight further into the surrounding caverns with the sounds of tearing flesh and fading screams echoing behind her. Unable to see in the pitch dark with blood-thirsty fiends quickly catching up to her, the little girl should have perished that day. Instead, however, she noticed a faint blue glow and quickly headed towards it, desperately in hope that it was a way out, only to find that it led to a dead end where the skeletal remains rested in a suit of armor near a glowing sword.

"Cruel destiny has led but a small child to the same fate as thy former master!"

It was a distraught declaration by the sword, who had witnessed the death of his beloved master by the actions of similar creatures so many centuries ago. Unable to let history repeat itself, it offered a pact to Alexandria: it needed a guiding hand to deliver judgment and she needed the strength to overcome her tragic fate. Desperate to live, she accepted the offer without a doubt, binding the two together. Animating the armor of its former master, the sword's holy power filled the caverns with light, driving the creatures further into the caverns to escape it. With Alexandria and the remains of his master in tow, they made their way to the surface, much to the astonishment of those above. Ever since that day six-year-old Alexandria met Mache, the girl changed. Amidst the decline of her family's power brought by the war, she did not cling to the comforts their influence still possessed like the others, but rather chose to take up the sword, following the example of her familiar. She now referred to him before answering to anyone else, even her own parents, leading to compromises between them and the sword having to be made in order to satisfy her desires while upholding her lineage. When the time came to apply, Alexandria couldn't have gotten to the Academia Crystalis fast enough. It was there that she excelled, seemingly the model student, save for certain rumors that she held a disturbing bias toward her familiar.

MISC POSSESSESIONS AND INFORMATION

• Chevalier Knightly Sword: One of the various swords held in her family's possession throughout the years, serving as her sword in combat when Mache is fully summoned. Mundane in nature, it is up to the skills of the wielder to shine in combat.
  • Dawn's First Light: A magitek shield designed for portability, expanding outwards in four directions to roughly the size comparable to traditional heater shields.

NAME: Anicetus Anastasius Mache
ELEMENT: Light
APPEARANCE
As a sword that gained sentience after centuries of neglect following the death of his former master, Mache possesses no true body other than its sword form; however, due to the potent magic residing within the sword spirit, it has chosen to bind itself to and animate the empty armor of the fallen warrior.
PERSONALITY
Due to its nature, it first lacked any form of personality despite its intelligence. It was through reminiscing over the past that it began to mimic its fallen master. After so long, such behaviors, mannerisms, and even the speech of the dead man became its own, along with the desire to help those in need. Unfortunate, due to the nature of how the very young Alexandria came across him, Mache is very well aware of how her once innocent admirable toward him has grown into some something closer to mania. Keeping this knowledge to himself, he has instead chosen to try his best to steer her back down the right path.
ABILITIES

• Manui Dat Cognitio Vires: The man who was once Mache's master, although lacking the severity to not give such a pompous name to his sword, was an ancient warrior king whose skill had no equal for most of his life. Skilled with a variety of weapons, it could be said that the warrior's spirit left an impression on his weapons as Mache himself possesses similar knowledge and skill as a weapon master.
  • Perfer Obdura: Creating a burst of divine light, Mache illuminates the surrounding area with a golden light, healing the ailments of comrades while burning the wicked with holy energy.

NAME: Alexandria Chevalier
APPEARANCE
Usually garbed in the elegant dress befitting nobility, their vivid colors complimenting her pale blonde hair, golden brown eyes, and lightly toned skin, Alexandria appears to fit the mold of an aristocrat nicely. Hidden beneath the perfumed grace and pomp placed upon her by the desperation of fading influence and power lies the lean physique of a duelist and the heavily callused hands of one who has practiced with a sword for nearly twenty years with a fanatical zeal.
RACE: Alari
NATION: Alexia
FAMILIAR: Anicetus Anastasius Mache
WEAPON
Her weapon and familiar the one and same, that of an ancient immortalis sword. Translucent in clarity, the immortalis blade has the appearance of frosted glass when dormant, but glows bright blue when wielded in battle and shines a brilliant gold when channeling the divine power of light. In theory, the channeling of this power changes the eye color of the wielder in correspondence, but there appears to be an issue between caster and familiar, resulting in only her right eye being affected and the imperfect results of Alexandria's spells.
MAGICAL ABILITIES

• Defaeco Immunda (Imperfectus): By focusing the divine power into the blade, the wielder unleashes a grand stream of light with a swing of the sword. While most unfortunate in the path of the blast are struck by the destructive force of energy, those of a dark alignment receive additional damage as their very nature is assaulted by the purifying light. Because of her imperfection, Alexandria's version vents some of the energy behind her in recoil, making her attack weaker than it should be and possesses the potential to harm any who might be near her.
  • Summu Bonum (Imperfectus): Seeking to aid others in need, the caster raises their sword and points it to the heavens, creating a pillar of light that heals injuries, negates the weakening effects of magic and poison, and to briefly raise the resistance and durability to those without ailments. This pillar is supposed to aid only those the caster deems friendly, but Alexandria's imperfect variant lacks such concepts and attends to all within its radius, friendly or hostile.

PERSONALITY
Despite the Chevalier family having been on the decline after the Crystal Wars, Alexandria still possesses the regal, dignified bearing one would associate an active member of nobility to have. She greets everyone equally with respect and grace, regardless of if they were friend or enemy, and practices the values of noblesse oblige, no matter the situation. These values were not imparted to her by her family, but rather her familiar, who she views with an unhealthy zealous admiration and enamoredness. She has yet to verbally address this behavior, nor take steps in correcting them, resulting in her imperfections when it comes to using her magical abilities. In combat, Alexandria prefers to take to the front lines with her familiar fully summoned, putting herself between those under her protection and those who would do them harm and seeking to best them with her skills, iron will, and courage.
BACKSTORY
Named after the Immortal Queen herself, as was the trend for those within the Alexian Empire, Alexandria was born to the Chevalier family, a minor house of nobility residing in the Spire City of Melanor. As far from conflict consuming the world as their influence could afford, her life began as one of luxury and possession of little trouble. Things would change the day of the final battle. It was on that day that she was traveling with her parents and the company of one of her father's associates when the magical backlash tore across the land, splitting the earth beneath their carriage and entrapping the rear wheels. While her father and mother had enough time to escape the vehicle, another tremor parted the grounds further, swallowing the carriage and those within into the maw of the earth. She awoke in a dark abyss, lit only by the faint light of the world above. Left unscathed save for scratches and bruises, she would find her father's associate pinned down by the ruined carriage and attempted to help him out until it became aware that they were not alone. Featureless creatures of shadows fell upon the carriage, swarming and devouring the poor man trapped beneath, sending Alexandria into a frightened flight further into the surrounding caverns with the sounds of tearing flesh and fading screams echoing behind her. Unable to see in the pitch dark with blood-thirsty fiends quickly catching up to her, the little girl should have perished that day. Instead, however, she noticed a faint blue glow and quickly headed towards it, desperately in hope that it was a way out, only to find that it led to a dead end where the skeletal remains rested in a suit of armor near a glowing sword.

"Cruel destiny has led but a small child to the same fate as thy former master!"

It was a distraught declaration by the sword, who had witnessed the death of his beloved master by the actions of similar creatures so many centuries ago. Unable to let history repeat itself, it offered a pact to Alexandria: it needed a guiding hand to deliver judgment and she needed the strength to overcome her tragic fate. Desperate to live, she accepted the offer without a doubt, binding the two together. Animating the armor of its former master, the sword's holy power filled the caverns with light, driving the creatures further into the caverns to escape it. With Alexandria and the remains of his master in tow, they made their way to the surface, much to the astonishment of those above. Ever since that day six-year-old Alexandria met Mache, the girl changed. Amidst the decline of her family's power brought by the war, she did not cling to the comforts their influence still possessed like the others, but rather chose to take up the sword, following the example of her familiar. She now referred to him before answering to anyone else, even her own parents, leading to compromises between them and the sword having to be made in order to satisfy her desires while upholding her lineage. When the time came to apply, Alexandria couldn't have gotten to the Academia Crystalis fast enough. It was there that she excelled, seemingly the model student, save for certain rumors that she held a disturbing bias toward her familiar.

MISC POSSESSESIONS AND INFORMATION

• Chevalier Knightly Sword: One of the various swords held in her family's possession throughout the years, serving as her sword in combat when Mache is fully summoned. Mundane in nature, it is up to the skills of the wielder to shine in combat.
  • Dawn's First Light: A magitek shield designed for portability, expanding outwards in four directions to roughly the size comparable to traditional heater shields.

NAME: Anicetus Anastasius Mache
ELEMENT: Light
APPEARANCE
As a sword that gained sentience after centuries of neglect following the death of his former master, Mache possesses no true body other than its sword form; however, due to the potent magic residing within the sword spirit, it has chosen to bind itself to and animate the empty armor of the fallen warrior.
PERSONALITY
Due to its nature, it first lacked any form of personality despite its intelligence. It was through reminiscing over the past that it began to mimic its fallen master. After so long, such behaviors, mannerisms, and even the speech of the dead man became its own, along with the desire to help those in need. Unfortunate, due to the nature of how the very young Alexandria came across him, Mache is very well aware of how her once innocent admirable toward him has grown into some something closer to mania. Keeping this knowledge to himself, he has instead chosen to try his best to steer her back down the right path.
ABILITIES

• Manui Dat Cognitio Vires: The man who was once Mache's master, although lacking the severity to not give such a pompous name to his sword, was an ancient warrior king whose skill had no equal for most of his life. Skilled with a variety of weapons, it could be said that the warrior's spirit left an impression on his weapons as Mache himself possesses similar knowledge and skill as a weapon master.
  • Perfer Obdura: Creating a burst of divine light, Mache illuminates the surrounding area with a golden light, healing the ailments of comrades while burning the wicked with holy energy.
Accepted

Well yesterday sucked balls... wifi was out all day so couldn't work on my guy. Will get him up today before I become behind in everything. Damn life.

Status
Not open for further replies.