Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
23hum3r.png

• [dash=white]It has been winter for far too long now. The world was not built for stagnancy. Without change, there can be no future.
    You are that change.
    You must bring about the shifting of the seasons. [/dash]

• Map in Spoiler
    [spoili]
    28ioktc.png
    [/spoili]

w0mi37.png

You never knew this world. It was always just a part of a story you heard as a child: a world where the seasons no longer changed and for an eternity, Winter maintained its hold on the land. This world was said to be beautiful, but dangerous, for it loomed in a delicate balance, like a set of scales, ever-nearing its tipping point. Stagnancy is not the stuff of life. A world can only stay frozen for so long.

You awake from a dream in a world you never knew. The cold air swirls around you and silently, snowflakes drift down from the sky, kissing your chilled skin before melting away. The sky is dark but for the dancing lights that dazzle the skyscape. The stars are outshone by these lights of blue and purple. The beauty is entangling, but something within you demands you look away. All around, you see a white blanket of snow and hear nothing but the gently breeze. Where are you? You do not know this world of Winter.

It becomes quickly apparent that you are far from home. Are you alone? With some searching, you come to discover there are others, more like you that are lost, unsure of this strange, beautiful place. You come together, one of you noticing a strange creature leaping about in the distance. It looks to be a deer of sorts, but it is larger than any you've ever seen and its coat is white as the snowy landscape, its antlers are made of ice, and its eyes are a cool, purple.

Together with the others, you decide teamwork is the best chance at survival. But none of you are sure how you got here or where you must go. And so, as a team, you venture out into this wintry world, seeking answers and seeking shelter. If you can survive, you may find yourself caught up in a magical adventure.

Welcome, to the World of Winter.
    talaau.png

• 34r8xg6.png

SURVIVAL
    This roleplay will be an unpredictable adventure filled with curious opportunities driven by chance. I will be rolling dice consistently throughout to determine encounters and sub-adventures you will come across in the main plot. Your characters will be your own, but I will be giving you situations where your character fails or succeeds at certain actions and you must react accordingly. Like survival in the real world wilds, nothing is certain, you will face a number of difficult decisions; this is all a part of the survival experience.

MAGICK AND COMPANIONS
    Two key features in this roleplay will be the bestowal of a magical ability and a companion or familiar from the world of Winter. You will not be able to choose either of these. They will be given out at various times as the plot progresses. If you are not mature enough to be okay with the unexpected and extended equailty (not everyone will have a power at the exact same time, not everyone will get a companion at the same time, but everyone will get one) then I fear this roleplay is not for you. A key aspect of any great adventure is the unexpected. This roleplay will be based around how your characters respond to the world and you will not have the same OOC power you would have in other roleplays. That is the point of this RP.

FORMAL RULES
    +Do not complain about your ability or companion. I will take generic requests at the start of the RP but the surprise is the nature of the roleplay.+
    +Be mature, communicate, and be kind.+
    +Posting requirement is once per week, sometimes once per two weeks. My roleplays are long term. We all have vastly different schedules and so a week to two week long window helps ensure everyone has ample time to post. We'll aim for movement in the plot once a week.+
    +COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR GM. I'm patient as hell but I do expect effort.+
    +I EXPECT GOOD WRITING. You'll be PM'd by me if I don't accept your writing level. Poor writing makes it harder for your GM's and harder for your fellow players. I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.+

• eiqo8o.png

Name:
    Hometown: (real world locations)

Personality in 5 words:
    Descriptive Personality:
    History:

Strengths: (Character traits like leadership, intelligence, etc)
    Skills: (physical abilities, hiking, hunting, cooking, riding, etc.)
    Weaknesses: (mental and physical weaknesses, like fears, inability to run long distances, etc.)

NOTE: I'm a tough GM. Don't even try to give me a traumatized 17 year old that has mastered martial arts and swordsmanship and comes from the army and can ride a horse professionally and was abused and abandoned as a child and left in the streets and still has perfect linguistic skills, no coping issues, and happens to also be handsome, athletic, and charismatic. I will shut you down immediately.

THIS IS AN INTEREST CHECK BUT FEEL FREE TO CLAIM A SPOT FOR YOUR CHARACTER AND START BUILDING A CS. I ONLY NEED 4 PLAYERS TO GET THIS MOVING. I WILL CLOSE SIGNUPS WHEN WE HAVE 8 PLAYERS.

Thank you all for your interest. I am sincerely grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. How's everyone? I notice things are quite dead here. Are you all still wanting to continue this rp?? We're near the first event but I can't get you there myself. You guys have to post :) @Reverend of Steel especially!

Reactions: Greenie
I'll respond todsy and I'll get my second char in to take Arthur's place but it won't be till this evening <3

I hope everyone is having a lovely festive season :)

I'm still here! Just waiting ^^

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
I haven't had time to make it to the library yet. I will try to do it this weekend, now that she's made sure Robert's okay, she will likely check Adeanna, and check out the nasty head wound

What was meant to be a night of roleplaying turned into a night of hanging with my sister and cooking some delicious pesto chicken pasta. Lol. But I'm free today. Let's see if i can work out my CS for this guy

• Bucket of Rainbows
I'm at the library. I have an art piece I need to start and finish before tomorrow (BDay present for a best friend), but I will TRY to get one up today!

• Love
[dash=#57523b]

//Name\\
Jingim Khulun
[Jing-um Coo-loon]

//Age\\

//Hometown\\
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

//Occupation\\
Carpenter (Hobby/Home Business)
Veterinary Student (6th year)

//Personality\\

Compassionate
Jingim is compassionate by nature. His love for animals and his desire to help them was encouraged in his youth and it extended into a care for humanity as well. He offers assistance whenever he can, does what charity is within his means, and genuinely strives to better the quality of the lives of all those around him, be they four-footed or two-footed.

Recluse
Despite having friends in his youth, Jingim was always quiet, always preferring his own company, and the company of animals, above the company of others. It wasn't that he didn't like people, on the contrary, he loved the relationships he had. But somehow, he always felt more at peace when in solitude, or perhaps with just his family members moving about the house.

Open-Minded
Jingim's mother is a religious studies professor at the OBCO and her humanities mind set made a difference in his upbringing. He was always taught to be considerate of others, understanding, and always with an open mind. Of this, he has been eternally grateful because the lessons his mother taught him helped him to understand others to a level he would never have naturally attained.

Shy
Preferring to be alone, Jingim's personality reflects his independent nature. When he is brought out into the open to work with others, he does so quietly and humbly. He tends to come off as quiet, shy, solitary, but never rude, never distant. He prefers to simply listen, observe, and interpret silently. This changes completely, however, when he comes across a furry companion. His love for animals seems to be the one thing that eradicates his shy disposition.

Thoughtful
Spending less time speaking, less time trying, he naturally spends more time listening and thinking. Jingim is thoughtful, because he takes the time to think, to consider. His compassionate and shy nature facilitate thoughtfulness, and when he does speak out, when he does act, he does so with kindness and deep, thoughtful compassion.

//History\\

Born and raised in British Columbia, Jingim grew up happy and healthy. His relationship with his parents has always been a strong one and his relationship with his little brother, Gerel, 10 years his younger, followed suit. Jingim grew up in the woods with a love for animals by nature and a love for carpentry by nurture. His father was a talented carpenter of more than 35 years and throughout years of his youth spent at his Father's side, Jingim was lucky enough to pick up many of the skills and techniques himself. In later life, he would use his carpentry skills as a means of helping to pay off some of his hefty student loans. Veterinary school would take him away in his early 20's and after he spent two years working at an animals rescue, gaining experience working with animals of all sorts. He would go on to completing a bachelor of science before he continued his program towards becoming a veterinarian. He had chosen the east coast partially because of the limited options for schools in Canada, but also because he wanted to see the rest of his country. He never kept any pets himself, knowing he didn't have the time to dedicate to the care of an animal all his own, but he took great pride in the care he had for other animals.

Every year in December, Jingim would fly home for the holidays. This year was a bit different though. His father hag gotten quite sick after suffering a heart attack a few months earlier and had been hospitalized for several weeks. Despite being in the middle of a semester, Jingim left to fly home to be with his family in a very difficult time. He was napping in the airport before his flight when a cold wind would send a chill down his spine, waking him up and delivering his senses to a foreign world.

//Strengths\\

Thoughtful
A personality trait that benefits him in his relationships with others, should he find himself in a relationship with someone else. He thinks a lot more about things than others do and often comes up with out of the box ideas and is highly considerate of those around him.

Compassionate
His compassion will be his greatest strength as he navigates the difficult situation of being a recluse in a survival setting with numerous strangers. If he can rely on his compassion for those around him, he may be able to overcome his desire to avoid the others.

Organized & Efficient
The best skill a student can have, he's made sure to cultivate organization and efficiency in his efforts. After all, he can't afford to waste time with his busy schedule.

//Weaknesses\\

Lacks Survival Training
For having grown up in B.C., Jingim lacks a lot of the basic skills associated with hiking, camping, etc. He spent more time carving wood than starting fire with it, more time sketching animals than hunting them, and more time studying and in school than out on camping trips or getaways. He's not prepared for a survival situation.

Recluse
Jingim prefers to be alone (excluding the presence of animals). It brings him comfort. Being forced to be around strangers, in close quarters, will slowly chip away at his happiness and mental stamina.

Bad Eye Sight
Luckily, Jingim was transported into this strange land with his contacts correctly in his eyes and his spare glasses in his pocket. But if he's found without one of the two, he'll be struggling with his vision.

Lethal Allergies
Jingim is violently allergic to all legumes, not just peanuts. His epipen wasn't transported with him to this strange world, and he isn't sure if there are peanuts or legumes here, but if something happens, he'll be out of luck.

//Skills\\

Carpentry
Having grown up the son of a carpenter, this skill has become a natural one to Jingim and will undoubtedly come in handy, if he can find the tools he needs.

Veterinary Skills
Though he's never worked on a human, his skills as a vet have given him the means to help both animals and humans with basic injuries. He can clean and stitch wounds, detect infection, set bones, and create splints and braces.

Reasonably Fit
Truth be told, he doesn't make it to the gym as often as he should. After all, he's a vet student. But he's reasonably fit and won't be falling over in cardiac arrest after a few miles of hiking.

[/dash]

I'm at the library. I have an art piece I need to start and finish before tomorrow (BDay present for a best friend), but I will TRY to get one up today!
Sounds good! I got my second CS done. I have to do some parent stuff (Feed and bathe my wild animal of a toddler) but I'll get on later today to post :D

Sounds good! I got my second CS done. I have to do some parent stuff (Feed and bathe my wild animal of a toddler) but I'll get on later today to post :D
I love Jingim! He's adorable! If I may, I'd like to continue godmodding Arthur until he's killed off? I am probably going to have Amalia hear Kirn in the distance, and have Arthur go out to help him in, since she's still struggling with hypothermia, and is dealing with Robert, and Adeanna.

What about Gabriella?

I posted it this way...if I controlled too much, let me know and I'll be more than happy to change it! ALSO I can't figure out how to fix the last part of it!
Also, I would love to get some interaction going between Adeanna and Amalia, so I can edit it in to include some conversation once Cait replies.

Also, I quite like playing Arthur. He's a nice break from my typical serious, down to earth charries. I'm sad we have to kill him off!

Yay :'3 Kirn will get help :3

I love Jingim! He's adorable! If I may, I'd like to continue godmodding Arthur until he's killed off? I am probably going to have Amalia hear Kirn in the distance, and have Arthur go out to help him in, since she's still struggling with hypothermia, and is dealing with Robert, and Adeanna.

What about Gabriella?
You betcha. Gabriella can also be god modded. I'll get her to wander off and die when I post later :)

I posted it this way...if I controlled too much, let me know and I'll be more than happy to change it! ALSO I can't figure out how to fix the last part of it!
Also, I would love to get some interaction going between Adeanna and Amalia, so I can edit it in to include some conversation once Cait replies.

Also, I quite like playing Arthur. He's a nice break from my typical serious, down to earth charries. I'm sad we have to kill him off!
You can ask blues if you're allowed to continue playing Arthur and you can keep him alive if you really want!

You can ask blues if you're allowed to continue playing Arthur and you can keep him alive if you really want!
I might do that, I just need to study his profile a little bit more. But I do need to think about it. every time I try to play more than one character in an RP U always end up with a favorite, and one is super developed and the next is so underdeveloped and shallow...so we will see.

*slips in* I was told to come say hi, so I am! Hi everyone! I'll get my character sheet up soon, I just have to pin down the type of character I want first...

The character list in the IC is up to date. There's a link to the IC at the top of the page.

Yes! Jingim is unharmed XD At least one of my chars is okay.

I was wondering if there's a posting schedule or anyone can post as they wish?

Status
Not open for further replies.