Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
23hum3r.png

• [dash=white]It has been winter for far too long now. The world was not built for stagnancy. Without change, there can be no future.
    You are that change.
    You must bring about the shifting of the seasons. [/dash]

• Map in Spoiler
    [spoili]
    28ioktc.png
    [/spoili]

w0mi37.png

You never knew this world. It was always just a part of a story you heard as a child: a world where the seasons no longer changed and for an eternity, Winter maintained its hold on the land. This world was said to be beautiful, but dangerous, for it loomed in a delicate balance, like a set of scales, ever-nearing its tipping point. Stagnancy is not the stuff of life. A world can only stay frozen for so long.

You awake from a dream in a world you never knew. The cold air swirls around you and silently, snowflakes drift down from the sky, kissing your chilled skin before melting away. The sky is dark but for the dancing lights that dazzle the skyscape. The stars are outshone by these lights of blue and purple. The beauty is entangling, but something within you demands you look away. All around, you see a white blanket of snow and hear nothing but the gently breeze. Where are you? You do not know this world of Winter.

It becomes quickly apparent that you are far from home. Are you alone? With some searching, you come to discover there are others, more like you that are lost, unsure of this strange, beautiful place. You come together, one of you noticing a strange creature leaping about in the distance. It looks to be a deer of sorts, but it is larger than any you've ever seen and its coat is white as the snowy landscape, its antlers are made of ice, and its eyes are a cool, purple.

Together with the others, you decide teamwork is the best chance at survival. But none of you are sure how you got here or where you must go. And so, as a team, you venture out into this wintry world, seeking answers and seeking shelter. If you can survive, you may find yourself caught up in a magical adventure.

Welcome, to the World of Winter.
    talaau.png

• 34r8xg6.png

SURVIVAL
    This roleplay will be an unpredictable adventure filled with curious opportunities driven by chance. I will be rolling dice consistently throughout to determine encounters and sub-adventures you will come across in the main plot. Your characters will be your own, but I will be giving you situations where your character fails or succeeds at certain actions and you must react accordingly. Like survival in the real world wilds, nothing is certain, you will face a number of difficult decisions; this is all a part of the survival experience.

MAGICK AND COMPANIONS
    Two key features in this roleplay will be the bestowal of a magical ability and a companion or familiar from the world of Winter. You will not be able to choose either of these. They will be given out at various times as the plot progresses. If you are not mature enough to be okay with the unexpected and extended equailty (not everyone will have a power at the exact same time, not everyone will get a companion at the same time, but everyone will get one) then I fear this roleplay is not for you. A key aspect of any great adventure is the unexpected. This roleplay will be based around how your characters respond to the world and you will not have the same OOC power you would have in other roleplays. That is the point of this RP.

FORMAL RULES
    +Do not complain about your ability or companion. I will take generic requests at the start of the RP but the surprise is the nature of the roleplay.+
    +Be mature, communicate, and be kind.+
    +Posting requirement is once per week, sometimes once per two weeks. My roleplays are long term. We all have vastly different schedules and so a week to two week long window helps ensure everyone has ample time to post. We'll aim for movement in the plot once a week.+
    +COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR GM. I'm patient as hell but I do expect effort.+
    +I EXPECT GOOD WRITING. You'll be PM'd by me if I don't accept your writing level. Poor writing makes it harder for your GM's and harder for your fellow players. I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.+

• eiqo8o.png

Name:
    Hometown: (real world locations)

Personality in 5 words:
    Descriptive Personality:
    History:

Strengths: (Character traits like leadership, intelligence, etc)
    Skills: (physical abilities, hiking, hunting, cooking, riding, etc.)
    Weaknesses: (mental and physical weaknesses, like fears, inability to run long distances, etc.)

NOTE: I'm a tough GM. Don't even try to give me a traumatized 17 year old that has mastered martial arts and swordsmanship and comes from the army and can ride a horse professionally and was abused and abandoned as a child and left in the streets and still has perfect linguistic skills, no coping issues, and happens to also be handsome, athletic, and charismatic. I will shut you down immediately.

THIS IS AN INTEREST CHECK BUT FEEL FREE TO CLAIM A SPOT FOR YOUR CHARACTER AND START BUILDING A CS. I ONLY NEED 4 PLAYERS TO GET THIS MOVING. I WILL CLOSE SIGNUPS WHEN WE HAVE 8 PLAYERS.

Thank you all for your interest. I am sincerely grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
OKAY. So I'm basically done my major essay that's due tomorrow so I should have time tonight to go through your CS Greenie. Reverend is going to post tonight, so that's good. I'll also try and make my other char OR take over Gabriel XD Since mowkie made such a great char. I'll have talk to her about it.

Reactions: Greenie
d7c8349d71b40475e93ceebb7abebe45.jpg

Name: Kirn Fraser
Hometown: Montreal, Canada

Personality in 5 words: Patient, Sympathetic, Curious, Pacifist, Optimist

Descriptive Personality: Kirn as an individual is a friendly and kind soul. Whilst he is for the most part quiet and introverted, that does not stop him from being there for someone who may be in need. Having worked with children for more than half his life, he is quite the patient fellow, and it takes a lot to rile him up. Even then, he has control over his emotions and will try to reason, use calm and cool words. If that doesn't work, he may resort to laying things straight before the other person. He doesn't like violence and will try to keep himself from even thinking vicious thoughts.

He cares deeply for most people and will take the time to learn about them. Being the quiet, friendly person he is, he's a good listener, giving his full attention to whoever is conversing with him. If someone has a problem, he'll try to find viable solutions, or at least show them positives in the solution. While optimistic, he is a realist as well. Life doesn't always go the way a person wants it to, and Kirn understands this.

Knowledge is something he likes to seek. He may not be the smartest or wittiest person around, but his curiosity has him looking up all sorts of things, from what the fox really says to different mythologies around the world. He isn't afraid to ask questions. However, he isn't nosy, and he won't poke his neb in other's businesses.

History: Kirn was born during the spring months, April 5th to be precise. His birth was not planned, seeing that his mother, Simran, was still in high school during the months of his pregnancy. There wasn't really any decisive clue as to who his father was. Naturally, Simran's parents were very disappointed. That sort of thing did not happen in a respectable Indian family! While her parents wouldn't allow her to have an abortion, as they didn't believe in that either, once he was born, they immediately put the baby up for adoption. No one could know that their daughter had a child out of wedlock. The only mark of hers on her baby, aside from being his mother, was the name she insisted he was named, that is, Kirn, which meant 'ray of light' in her language.

Kirn was adopted easily enough by a nice, wealthy couple, who took care of his every need and want. It was in his thankfully in his nature that he didn't let it get to his head. He knew his history and how his mother had been forced to give him up; his adoptive parents had never hidden that from him. He also knew he was lucky to have been adopted by wonderful parents who loved him. If not, he could very well have still been in an orphanage, or perhaps taken in by parents who weren't as nice as his current ones.

He was well enough in school, and as he accumulated his grades, he realized that unlike most children who had big dreams in mind, his was more down to earth; he wanted to be a teacher when he grew up. His temperament made it easy for him to get along with the unruliest of his classmates, and when he was old enough, he began volunteering in daycares. Once out of high school, he studied early childhood education at a university. It didn't take long before he secured a job as a kindergarten teacher in a local school.

Life was pretty good for Kirn as he entered his twenties. He was making enough money to support himself, he had a steady job, his parents, whilst old, were still healthy and doing fine. Kirn himself was now dating a lovely young woman named Mara, a relationship strong enough that by age twenty-six, he was ready to propose and marry his beloved. However, Fate had different things planned. Mara was a humanitarian, and seeing the situation of the world, she couldn't bring herself to stay comfortably in a safe country without actively helping those in war-torn ones. She headed off to Africa and was there for a good few months before tragedy struck. She had taken seriously ill, and passed away in a week.

Kirn was naturally heartbroken, and for a good while buried himself in his work. However, he soon realized that not facing what had happened head on was unhealthy. He was missing out on all the was still well with the world. He decided to follow in Mara's footsteps. He decided he would continue teaching, but in those poor villages in Africa where there wasn't any real educational system. At first, it was difficult, but he adapted quickly enough, and soon enough his heart was healing.

As such, his life, while hitting bumps, continued onward, seemingly getting more positive as the days went on. He had finally moved on from his girlfriend's death, though he still remembered her fondly. He quite enjoyed being around the children he taught, watching as they stumbled over letters to being able to read novels by themselves.

Finally, the time came for Kirn to return to Canada. Flight booked, he decided to take take a short on road journey and experience a more touristic side of Africa. It was only natural that he would fall asleep during the bus ride...

Strengths:
Patient-
Working with children as well as having to deal with their parents has helped Kirn cultivate and excel in patience. It takes a lot for him to finally reach his breaking point. As such, he is good around difficult adults as well as the elderly.
Adaptability- This probably goes hand in hand with patience. As Kirn has lived both in a dirt world country as well as traveled through and lived in some third world countries, he doesn't have much problem adapting to change. He does just as well in a crowded place as he would alone. He'll sleep as well on a plush bed as he would on a mat on the floor.
Hard worker- Once more, this ties in with his other two strengths. Teaching is not for the weak-hearted, nor is living in many different places that are drastically different than what you are used to. Hard work and perseverance are what helps Kirn face different bumps in life. Once he starts something, even if it's as simple as making a sandwich, he will give it his all and not leave things half-baked.
Optimistic- Kirn is quite the optimist. Life is long and many times bleary, but he tries to find the silver lining whenever he can, at least for himself. He knows others may not appreciate his optimism being forced on them.

Skills:
Cooking- Having lived alone for a while, Kirn is able to cook decently enough, even if there are little ingredients at his disposal.

Aside from that, Kirn's pretty average or less than average in most regards.

Weaknesses:
Osteoarthritis-
Kirn's right knee is not all too great. He inherited this from his biological mother's side. He can do everything a normal person can, but the corroding cartilage in his knee tends to make it rather painful for him, especially when his leg's been in the same position for a long time. This makes climbing and running painful, though not impossible.
Anemia- While this isn't too bothersome, Kirn's anemia tends to make him dizzy at times, as well as giving him headaches. He also tends to stay rather pale, gets cold easily, and tires quickly too.
Overly sympathetic- Sympathy may be a good trait, but sometimes Kirn can take this a little too overboard. He will become emotionally invested in things, and even if he doesn't let it show on the outside, on the inside it will eat him it things aren't going well.
I'm almost done but it's rather late. Decided to post the WIP. If anything needs adding/changing, please tell. ^_^​
Perfect. He's accepted :)

I might have to add in another female character to balance things! We'll see if we get any new takers over the next week. Feel free to go over the IC and post your char waking up and following the torn fabric markers to where the cabin is :)

• Love
Perfect. He's accepted :)

I might have to add in another female character to balance things! We'll see if we get any new takers over the next week. Feel free to go over the IC and post your char waking up and following the torn fabric markers to where the cabin is :)
Thankies!! :D I'll read over the IC over the rest of the week and see how to add him into the group. :3

Sorry for the super late response, but I posted. Forgive me.

Name:Enrique Armando Ortiz
Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Personality in 5 words: Dangerous, Loyal, Witty, Sly, Good
Descriptive Personality: Enrique holds all the potential to be both the best man and the worst. With ease he can commit violent acts in the name of loyalty or friendship and still feel bad about them. He has a problem distinguishing the good from the bad and believes the world is one big grey area in which he will likely be lost.

History: Enrique was born to a young loving mother and father, his mother had an interest in art and his father an interest in auto mechanics. The pair made decent money and lived in the tougher side of San Juan. Their parents criticized them for their choice of neighborhoods but the young couple was saving their money. They wanted a better life for their baby boy, the father picked up double shifts, his mother constantly work on her paintings and kept up the house. She sold the odd one every now and then but knew she wasnt helping her baby as much as her husband was.

Strengths: Enrique is a tough guy, he will keep getting up after a beating and will step in front of a bullet for almost anyone. While he isnt a leader he can bring people together through his words.
Skills: Enrique can play the guitar and has some natural talent when it comes to cooking. He can take a serious beating and give one too but other than that he has very few skills. However his mind does work well with solving problems, how to hold something together, fix something, or jerry-rig something for easy access.
Weaknesses: He isnt the smartest guy, it wouldnt be hard to trick him into saying or doing something to someone else. He is also a very simple man, something that makes him very blunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:Enrique Armando Ortiz
Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Personality in 5 words: Dangerous, Loyal, Witty, Sly, Good
Descriptive Personality: Enrique holds all the potential to be both the best man and the worst. With ease he can commit violent acts in the name of loyalty or friendship and still feel bad about them. He has a problem distinguishing the good from the bad and believes the world is one big grey area in which he will likely be lost.

History: [WIP]

Strengths: Enrique is a tough guy, he will keep getting up after a beating and will step in front of a bullet for almost anyone. While he isnt a leader he can bring people together through his words.
Skills: Enrique can play the guitar and has some natural talent when it comes to cooking. He can take a serious beating and give one too but other than that he has very few skills. However his mind does work well with solving problems, how to hold something together, fix something, or jerry-rig something for easy access.
Weaknesses: He isnt the smartest guy, it wouldnt be hard to trick him into saying or doing something to someone else. He is also a very simple man, something that makes him very blunt.
Lol well hi there. I take it you have interest in joining the roleplay! I'll wait until your CS is finished to assess it. I'm soul. How are you?

Okay, so I have a concept for my second char. I might not end up adding him in since the gender ratio is so bent to men XD

But here's the concept:

He's a second generation canadian. Mongolian mother, canadian father. He's interesting Agriculture, but never got to finish his degree on account of being zipped away to a mysterious world.

6xyh51.png

• Love
Lol well hi there. I take it you have interest in joining the roleplay! I'll wait until your CS is finished to assess it. I'm soul. How are you?
I'm quite well, tired and sore but whats new. I'm having trouble thinking up my character history, but I'm sure I'll work it out.

@Soulserenity20 - I've pretty much read through the whole IC. So I'm reckoning I should have Kirn make his way to the cabin?

o.o' I just realized since he's coming from Africa, he's going to be dressed in clothes horrible for snow. :'D

Reactions: Soulserenity20
Yup. Feel free to hop in. Let me or blue know if you have any questions regarding the dice system :)

• Thank You
Okeedokee! Lemme see if I know what I'm doing...

*such noob*

Blink. Welp. That doesn't look very good, now does it?

Oh wait, I read the other posts as well. Okay, I'll stop yapping and try to get writing. ^_^"

Hahaha That's alright. Several chars got messed up in the storm ^_^ it's fun making up the Injuries

• Love
I am planning on spending a bit of time at the library today, so I will try and get a post in

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Started my reply, hopefully by tonight it'll be done.

Made my post! Please mention if I should change anything ^^;

Awesome guys. Looking forward to your post blue! Yours too greenie. I haven't gotten a chance to read the ic yet since I have so many exams this week -_- but after Friday I'm done for three weeks!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Awesome guys. Looking forward to your post blue! Yours too greenie. I haven't gotten a chance to read the ic yet since I have so many exams this week -_- but after Friday I'm done for three weeks!
I had to reply to my other rrp.... post was so overdue that I'm surprised they didn't kick me! Will try to get one up today or tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.