Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
23hum3r.png

• [dash=white]It has been winter for far too long now. The world was not built for stagnancy. Without change, there can be no future.
    You are that change.
    You must bring about the shifting of the seasons. [/dash]

• Map in Spoiler
    [spoili]
    28ioktc.png
    [/spoili]

w0mi37.png

You never knew this world. It was always just a part of a story you heard as a child: a world where the seasons no longer changed and for an eternity, Winter maintained its hold on the land. This world was said to be beautiful, but dangerous, for it loomed in a delicate balance, like a set of scales, ever-nearing its tipping point. Stagnancy is not the stuff of life. A world can only stay frozen for so long.

You awake from a dream in a world you never knew. The cold air swirls around you and silently, snowflakes drift down from the sky, kissing your chilled skin before melting away. The sky is dark but for the dancing lights that dazzle the skyscape. The stars are outshone by these lights of blue and purple. The beauty is entangling, but something within you demands you look away. All around, you see a white blanket of snow and hear nothing but the gently breeze. Where are you? You do not know this world of Winter.

It becomes quickly apparent that you are far from home. Are you alone? With some searching, you come to discover there are others, more like you that are lost, unsure of this strange, beautiful place. You come together, one of you noticing a strange creature leaping about in the distance. It looks to be a deer of sorts, but it is larger than any you've ever seen and its coat is white as the snowy landscape, its antlers are made of ice, and its eyes are a cool, purple.

Together with the others, you decide teamwork is the best chance at survival. But none of you are sure how you got here or where you must go. And so, as a team, you venture out into this wintry world, seeking answers and seeking shelter. If you can survive, you may find yourself caught up in a magical adventure.

Welcome, to the World of Winter.
    talaau.png

• 34r8xg6.png

SURVIVAL
    This roleplay will be an unpredictable adventure filled with curious opportunities driven by chance. I will be rolling dice consistently throughout to determine encounters and sub-adventures you will come across in the main plot. Your characters will be your own, but I will be giving you situations where your character fails or succeeds at certain actions and you must react accordingly. Like survival in the real world wilds, nothing is certain, you will face a number of difficult decisions; this is all a part of the survival experience.

MAGICK AND COMPANIONS
    Two key features in this roleplay will be the bestowal of a magical ability and a companion or familiar from the world of Winter. You will not be able to choose either of these. They will be given out at various times as the plot progresses. If you are not mature enough to be okay with the unexpected and extended equailty (not everyone will have a power at the exact same time, not everyone will get a companion at the same time, but everyone will get one) then I fear this roleplay is not for you. A key aspect of any great adventure is the unexpected. This roleplay will be based around how your characters respond to the world and you will not have the same OOC power you would have in other roleplays. That is the point of this RP.

FORMAL RULES
    +Do not complain about your ability or companion. I will take generic requests at the start of the RP but the surprise is the nature of the roleplay.+
    +Be mature, communicate, and be kind.+
    +Posting requirement is once per week, sometimes once per two weeks. My roleplays are long term. We all have vastly different schedules and so a week to two week long window helps ensure everyone has ample time to post. We'll aim for movement in the plot once a week.+
    +COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR GM. I'm patient as hell but I do expect effort.+
    +I EXPECT GOOD WRITING. You'll be PM'd by me if I don't accept your writing level. Poor writing makes it harder for your GM's and harder for your fellow players. I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.+

• eiqo8o.png

Name:
    Hometown: (real world locations)

Personality in 5 words:
    Descriptive Personality:
    History:

Strengths: (Character traits like leadership, intelligence, etc)
    Skills: (physical abilities, hiking, hunting, cooking, riding, etc.)
    Weaknesses: (mental and physical weaknesses, like fears, inability to run long distances, etc.)

NOTE: I'm a tough GM. Don't even try to give me a traumatized 17 year old that has mastered martial arts and swordsmanship and comes from the army and can ride a horse professionally and was abused and abandoned as a child and left in the streets and still has perfect linguistic skills, no coping issues, and happens to also be handsome, athletic, and charismatic. I will shut you down immediately.

THIS IS AN INTEREST CHECK BUT FEEL FREE TO CLAIM A SPOT FOR YOUR CHARACTER AND START BUILDING A CS. I ONLY NEED 4 PLAYERS TO GET THIS MOVING. I WILL CLOSE SIGNUPS WHEN WE HAVE 8 PLAYERS.

Thank you all for your interest. I am sincerely grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry everyone...been in the hospital. Pneumonia kicking my behind all over the place. Not better yet but am home. I am going to try to keep up.

Hey all! So my goal is to post next Monday. My goal is to be in the library/coffee shop for a couple hours every monday to write. Sorry about my inactivity!

Reactions: Greenie
So the post is short and sweet, mainly because I am super distracted planning my vacation to NASHVILLE. But it got the job done. :P

• Thank You
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Love this story Serenity. Hopefully my post made some sense. I'll be able to post now. Feeling well enough to get my rear end in gear.

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Love this story Serenity. Hopefully my post made some sense. I'll be able to post now. Feeling well enough to get my rear end in gear.
I hope I can get some more motivation back too! I've been in a slump it seems :/ can't seem to think of an inspiring plot point but I'm going to work on this setting and this plot point this week :)

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Hey all! Will be gone tomorrow through the 9th! Will be in Nashville. ^.^

Reactions: PoetLore
Guys I might have to shut this rp down to be able to put enough of a focus on my new rp coming out Thats based on a second Continent of the world of my main rp. It's a big and really special project that'll need my attention. I'm not going to make any decisions right this second but I am considering it, just with how slow this rp is and what not. I'll try to post a few more times before I make a decision or course, see if I can stimulate my own writing more, but I thought I'd be open with you all :)

Hey guys, sorry I've been pathetically slow. With work and now moving as well as lack of WiFi, I hadn't been able to post in a while.

Earliest I'm getting WiFi is Monday. I really don't want to slow things down and since the RP seems on the brink of closing, I'm going to take my leave. My apologies to all :'(

Oh, okay! Take care then greenie :) see you around the forums

• Bucket of Rainbows
Awww...well...Whatever you decide! I'll miss the little sidekicks.

. . . *floats and dies*
I can't do it. This RP is just so dead! UGH.

But, Poet, if you ever decide you want a new fantasy RP and you want to join my second main RP that's coming out, I'll let you have a little magical companion as a thanks for all the effort you put into this RP :) That goes for any of you. I'm really sorry this one had to die, it's just hard to Gm sometimes when your heart isn't in it and my heart was busy with my main world. I know I let you guys down, but being a GM to roleplays that aren't in my main world is a fickle thing for me. I have to really, REALLY be into the world and plot because it takes so much work and my own mistake with this one was trying to make it more of a sandbox plot. It's a mistake I've definitely learned from.

I'm going to formally close this RP down. Sorry it didn't work out but please, forgive me. I try my best to keep RP's alive but sometimes it's just an uphill battle!

Well, also, if any of you players want to steal this world and this concept and run your own RP out of it, you absolutely can. I have zero issues with someone else recycling this world because I know you're all very creative and if I wasn't the one to do it justice, may you'll be!

@Soulserenity20 I enjoyed it totally! I'm sorry to see it die, but things sometimes do. You did not let me down in any way! I know it's hard to push when the mojo isn't there. Once I actually get my brain caught up, and I learn my new area I may be looking for more and I'd LOVE to have a pet!! I'll let you know!! Or you can shoot me a link when it's all ready!

I agree, this wasn't your fault at all. I think Life just had us all in a bunch of weird situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.