A Taste Of Freedom {OOC}

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about it since I first started assigning tastes to character and I honestly can't decide between medium rare steak and turkey o.o Don't ask...
Or you could go for a milder taste in between. Medium kangaroo meat tastes close to beef, but is much more gentler in taste and not as overwhelming. The meat is also very soft and juicy. Or if you wanna go a bit weirder, crocodile meat. Tastes like fish and chicken at the same time. Yes, I go to restaurants and always order the weirdest ones in the menu just to taste some new things. I eat weird things. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to get my hands on fried and seasoned crickets. Apparently they're very crunchy!
It's Wicked's fault. He single handedly added forty pages to my own group roleplay' OOC.
Hey. Hey. That was one time!

...Okay, fuck it. I plead guilty. I've done this to pretty much all the roleplays I'm in or have been in. I'm a serial social provoker.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Duwang Chew
Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in your midst!

206dj7l.jpg

Subject; #12121212

Mallory; the Unfortunate

"Ironically, that's what my name is all about..."

Nicknames;
Twelve
Mall
The Unfortunate
Fish eyes - Due to the dead look in her eyes.
Mall the fish
Mallish - A contraction between Mall and fish.

Whatever creative nickname you can come up with that refers to her lack of luck

"Whatever..."

Twenty (20) years old, born on December twelve (12).

Female, agender, Caucasian

"What does this all mean? You can also call me an 'it', a mere object."

Sexuality; Still questioned

"What must an object do with sexuality anyway?"

Honestly, she has no idea. Mallory never really thought about her sexuality. She lives a life that is being fully monitored after all. Treated like an object, expected to just obey, which she does. She doesn't really know any better, has never really thought of another way of living, or that there was anything else to life but this horrible one that she was living now. Of course the people surrounding her tried to encourage her, but they never got really far. With the moody temperament of the female no one really could get close without getting cut. It is unfortunate, but her defences and natural instincts were too tight, too high up for anyone to come close. It is for this reason as well why it would be a bad idea to put Mallory in a breeding room if she doesn't manage to control herself.

Appearance;

"The curtains matches the window"
Brunette, Light brown eyes.

Height: 5'7 (173cm)
Weight: 132 lbs (60kg)

Complexion: Fairly light.

"It is rather pointless. Appearance, I mean."

Mallory is of average height, weight, and with no out of the ordinary body proportions. Despite that she is still considered a special girl, however not so much for her appearance, and compared to the rest within the facility she isn't that outstanding either. A brunette whose hair reaches for her shoulder, usually kept in a loose fashion as she really doesn't feel like bothering herself on doing anything fancy with it. Sometimes, when bored, she will cut her hair a little, watching how the hair falls down to the ground and it gets shorter around her face. For this reason her bangs are usually a little uneven, another particular detail she doesn't really care about. If she is going to be treated like an object anyway she has half the less to worry about. It is convenient however, she never really has any split ends and or needs a visit to the barber, neither does her hair ever fall in front of her eyes. One less worry, she believes.

Her eyes are however infamous throughout the facility. Not because of an unnatural shade of colour, but because of the way they look. Dull, empty, dead... Perhaps she is, perhaps Mallory truly is a dead soul inside, a simple cage that still moves and breathes. Nothing that resembles a human anymore. Unfortunately she still feels, however much she wishes for all of her emotions to die and fizzle out already. It would make her life a little more bearable within this place and with her curse. Her eyes are intense, but yet seem to be staring at nothing in particular. They seem to be glaring, but yet seem to be staring off into space. Naturally this combination of contradictions together makes it so that others are easily crept out by her.

Personality;

Melancholic & Morbid
"I have my personal cloud hanging over my head. It rains blood."

Mallory is always in a gloom. Nothing really excites her, or makes her feel more alive than she already is. It is mainly for this characteristic of hers that she is called 'fish-eyes', or anything fish related. The female is pretty much dead inside, just a dull soul that is loitering around in the hallways and trying her best to not mix in with the crowd too much. To make the already depressing existence of Mallory even more grim she doesn't even consider herself a human anymore. Actually, she has never done so before. From a young age on Mall knew that she was on her own, a mere object to be tested and trained. Not worth much and better off being her own rainy day.

Asides from her usually dull and grim personality Mallory does possess some sort of humour. Whether it is humour appreciated by many is the question, however. The brunette is certainly not known to be the brightest personality to be around, however she is known for a dark sense of humour that doesn't sit well with everyone. To make matters worse she enjoys telling these jokes with a straight face as well, making her come across as completely serious when she is making them. If her eyes didn't scare her peers then her jokes will send them running.

Pessimistic & Cynical
"Do you see that tree? It is one of the many in this forest of problems."

She is quite the mood damper, that Mallory. There really is no silver lining with her, neither a bright side. Only more gloom, more grey, and dust. It isn't that she never tried to be a more optimistic person, however it is easier to see the faults, the wrongs, and whatever can be spoiled. The question whether something is half-full or empty isn't even a question anymore. It is an obvious statement that the glass is half empty, just like anything in life.

As a result of her lonely childhood Mallory doesn't believe in the good and selfless intentions of humanity either. The numerous tests she has been pulled through, the many things the scientists wanted from her. It all resulted in her believe that she is an object, that she is good for nothing else but by being their object, and that they want her to be nothing more but to be that object for them. A rather grim thought, but it is the truth and how she defines her existence. Who would want to get near to some cursed being like she was, right? No one, unless they want something from her.

Moody & Blunt
"All that sunshine makes me allergic."

Due to the way she lives her life, always down, always missing something, and complaining Mallory's mood is far from being anything near sunny. Due to the way she thinks up doom, due to the way she likes to find fault within everything Mallory's mood is always set to be a little irate. People who are energetic tire her, happy people disgust her, people who tell her to 'brighten' up receive a death wish from her. It is a very ill posture she holds, but one that Mall knows to handle the best, one that she is the most comfortable in.

Her lack of sympathy, or general care to change herself, gives Mallory at least the advantage of speaking her mind. There is no filter inside of her mind. Partly because she grew up with little social skills and thus a little socially disabled, but mostly because of her general apathy. Everything will go wrong anyway, everything is wrong, only an object, these ill thought that she surrounds herself with helps in her blunt ways. Sometimes unnecessarily, but Mallory doesn't really think about that. Too busy wallowing her mind into another depression.

Likes; The air, the sky, just the outside in general. It may sound odd, seeing how she only sees it for a short time once a day, but she likes the air, or more particularly, the sky. She has heard how the sky seemingly can change from light to dark, how it has shiny things in it that looks like holes in a dark blankets and that they are called stars. She has heard that the clouds in the air sometimes release water and that it is called rain, but that the same water and the same cloud can also make it snow, or hail when it is cold enough. It is fascinating. For someone who has never lived outside of the facility before Mallory wonders what it is like, to live under a sky that changes so often, that seems to reach on endlessly.

For the rest? There doesn't seem to be much that Mallory likes. She views much in life to be pointless, so she doesn't really pursue it either because it holds no point for her. Nothing seems to really excite her, except from making her gloomier than she already is. Perhaps that she likes to be gloomy? Though even that can be argued. For now Mallory doesn't really seem to really attach herself to anything, her belief of being an 'object' rather than an actual 'human' being seemingly helping a hand in her own detachment.

"I like to breathe? Well, it is necessary, for it keeps me alive. But I also like it, you know?"

Dislikes; As little as she likes just as few she dislikes. Mallory takes a position of indifference towards most things in life. However, if she has to name one thing she dislikes it would be the ceiling of the facility. The way it ends, the way the light falls down on her, the way it never changes. Her love for the sky fuels her hate for the ceiling. It obstructs her view, it prevents her from seeing the wonders that has been described to her. It is a sign of how she is caged, how she is kept, and maintained as some animal, a pet. She isn't a subject, she is an object, not a human being, that is the message the ceiling gives to her, the state it puts her into. It is a grim reminder how she is something that isn't normal, a cursed being, or object as she would say.

"Myself the most, I guess."

Power;

Aciukinesis - to manipulate the sharpness of objects.

"It doesn't happen infrequent that I cut myself."

Dull, blunt, sharpen... Just a few examples of how Mallory is able to manage her powers. She can render any weapon useless, and turn every object into a weapon. To some it may seem like a blessing, a nifty power that can actually secure her some protection. To her, to Mallory, it is an absolute curse.

Her control over the power is limited and mostly on instinct. After years of training Mallory has some hang in it, being able to dull or sharpen edges of objects or herself almost instantly, however it also came with a hefty price. Mallory has no memory of ever being hugged, or touched at all. Her instincts to protect herself, these dormant instincts that she wasn't even aware of. Without even having to be conscious of it herself her own body turns itself into a blade to anyone who comes near to touching her.

Sometimes, when she is being careless her own ability will even turn against herself, slicing her own skin without a pardon. When young the female would cry about it, wanting and wishing for some comfort from one of the adults. Just like how she saw it with the other kids when they were feeling blue. However, she never got it as no one dared to approach her, touch her. That feeling of rejection made her stomach drop, but also taught her that she should grow up quickly, learn how to deal with herself and her ability. Unfortunately it didn't matter however wishful she was, she would never seem to learn how to turn off her instincts.

Asides from the unfortunate side-effect that she can't be touched by another there are also drawbacks to her abilities. These unfortunately often kick in due to her unconsciousness. To get technical on her power, Mallory's body is basically using the irons in her blood to sharpen and dull themselves and other objects. This obviously means that the female is constantly low in irons within her blood, which thus fatigues her, for iron is essential for the oxygen transport inside of her blood circulation. Eventually the iron deficiency in her body can cause her to pass out, or have brittle nails, lose hair, etc... In the worst case it can cause an irregular heartbeat, or a straight up heart/organ failure. Basically, she is anaemic. Mallory thus needs a higher amount of irons inside of her diet in order to keep herself up and her body balanced. For this reason she also takes in medicines that help her with getting the needed minerals in.

Skill;

As mentioned before Mallory is an expert when it comes down to dull or sharpen a weapon. Additionally to that she has an excellent throw aim. A morbid skill that she practised and trained for years. She would be an excellent knife thrower in the circus if she ever escaped.

Asides from an excellent aim when throwing sharp objects, Mallory also possesses the, earlier discussed, ability to sharpen her own body. Most commonly it are her nails, which then becomes claws like that of a cat, though they don't grow any significant length. She will have to do with whatever the state of her nails are at the moment, which are usually a pretty bad shape due to the constant battle and need of iron in her body.

Disgusting or not, but Mallory has the ability to turn her hair into needles, but so she can do with numerous other parts of her body. However the needles have a very particular use as Mallory often uses them to stitch her torn up clothes, blankets, etc... again. It does happen frequently that she carelessly rips something. She however never tried stitching a wound of another. Since she can't touch anyone and all, neither can she remember ever cutting herself deep enough for stitches to be needed.

"Dull, sharpen, it is all what I'm good for I suppose."

Survival Skills;

"I guess my lack of ability to act surprised."

One of the most notable skills Mallory has is the ability to anticipate just about anything. Due to her pessimistic nature she likes to think and calculate everything that can possibly go wrong, making it so that she prepares herself in advance. Her deadpan character also makes it easy to make everything debatable, that everything can be talked about.

Because of the lack of skin- and companionship in her youth Mallory is also perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Looking and cleaning up behind her back, making sure to carry her own weight and more. Mallory has these habits ingrained in her from young. For this reason the female has no problem or trouble in working on her own. In fact, she much prefers that over the rest as she doesn't like to think about others and their 'fortunes'.

Less noticed and known are Mallory's observatory skills. Because of a lack of company in her own childhood Mallory has learnt to satisfy herself with merely watching. It is thus to be guessed that after years of practise she is sharp into noticing differences, irregularities, or patterns.

One of Mallory's specialities would be dodging. It sounds odd, however to Mallory it is second nature now. In order to avoid others from getting hurt by her, in order to make sure that she won't unnecessarily cut anyone because of her own viral instincts, the female has learnt how to masterfully dodge everything and anyone heading her way. It may seem a little prudent for some, and it looks a bit awkward, as if she refuses to touch someone in fear of their bacteria, it is a necessary precaution she needs to take.

Darwin Award Points;

"My whole being is a disadvantage."

Because of the exact lack of skin- and companionship she had as a child Mallory doesn't really know how to interact with people. She has observed her peers thoroughly, but she has no idea how to use this knowledge into an interaction, into a simple conversation. Simply put, Mallory is socially awkward, but also incapable of working together in a group.

Asides from her own lack of social skills Mallory's fears are also a liability to her. Because of her fear of hurting another and how she goes out of her way to dodge anyone in her way she simply can't work efficiently in a group. It gives her too much triggers to think about and generally just holds her back.

A lack of general worldly knowledge. Being born and raised within the facility without any experience of the outside world has Mallory ignorant. She knows about the existence of it in theory, but much further it doesn't go. She doesn't know the actual experience and that makes it increasingly hard for her to anticipate on them beforehand.

Reason to Escape; Simple curiosity

"How much worse can it be out there? I heard that I can breathe an unlimited time of fresh air there."

Role in the Escape; Leader, group #4

Trivia:
She has her own adjective within the facility. Mallish, which is a contraction between Mall and fish. It is used to describe someone who is being so forlorn and sluggish, like Mallory! Example: "Don't look so mallish!"

She has never been hugged in her life. Perhaps as a baby, when she was brought into the facility, but Mallory doesn't have any memory of that time. All she knows is that once people get close to her, when they try to touch her, that her natural instincts kicks in and she gets sharp, literally.

People seem to think that Mallory is clumsy due to her constantly fresh wounds. While it may be partially blamed to her own power, and her inability to control it properly, it has earned her the name of 'The Unfortunate' one.

Relationships:

Iridessa Lienue - Friend
"If we ever need food Iris knows who to eat first."
[spoili] They met when they were around the age of 7-8. Though Mallory had always been inside of the facility, being born and raised there, Iris had always been kept away from the rest due to her ability. Another soul who stood outside of the group, like she was. However with other reasons. Mall had no intention of befriending the girl, though. Too afraid she was at her tender age to hurt a loved one. Iridessa soon proved her otherwise however, with her ability to suppress the pain she could actually get near the girl without a flinch. A first, truly, and Mall could appreciate that effort. Though Iris's ability doesn't take away the cuts made on her skin Mall at least doesn't worry about it half as much anymore, making her loosen up considerably around her peer. The female still won't touch her friend carelessly, however, for she knows that even if it doesn't hurt it is still a wound. [/spoili]

Molly - Friend?
"She should listen to my warnings for once."
[spoili] For some reason Molly has taken a liking to Mall. Not that she minds. She has heard of the more disturbing side of hers, so she rather not get to her bad side. Besides, they both share a similar sense of humour, a trait much appreciated by Mallory as she doesn't find many as dead inside as she is. Why Molly likes her so much is a bit questionable, but Mall has learnt to roll with it. After all it is a lot better than having Molly plan a murder on her. Mal just wishes that Molly wouldn't touch her quite as much as she does now.[/spoili]

Group #4

"An odd bunch."

Evangeline Faye Reed
"My little elven drug."
[spoili] She is a dapper little girl, that Evie. Despite her small figure she still stood up for Mall who she believed to be bullied. Not that Mall cared about the names thrown at her. With one touch Mall felt like a different person. Lighter, happier, actually lucky for once. However, in consequence of that Evangeline got hurt because of Mall's lack of control in her power. Evie hasn't touched her since. Something that Mall is happy about, but also regrets. However, the feelings she got from the girl were confusing. How did she manage to calm her down with one mere touch? Curious Mall confronted Evie about it and they talked, sharing their abilities. Mallory did have to promise to keep Evie's power a secret however. Something she didn't mind. In exchange Mall gets a shot of happiness from the usually very energetic girl, lightening her mood up every now and then. Mall knows that she needs it and is very grateful for this help, but she also knows that she should learn how to be happy on her own. [/spoili]

Remington Alfred Carmichael
"Freckled Jesus, lord of the zombies."
[spoili]His optimism is annoying. His smile is blinding and irritating. His whole saint-like being reeks of suspicion. No one who controls and lives so closely with the death can be that godlike. Mall refuses to believe that this boy is for real with his happy disposition and cheery smiles. Freckled Jesus she calls him, because he acts like a saint, and referring to the most obvious features of his appearance. She often likes to make morbid jokes with the lad, but he takes everything in with a simple smile it seems, often resulting in him annoying her instead. At least the boy is capable when it comes down to handling one of the other group mates, so she wouldn't describe him as completely annoying.[/spoili]

Alkalb
"I have no idea what to do with him, but freckled Jesus over there knows how."
[spoili]Mallory has no idea how to deal with Alkalb. She doesn't really know the boy enough to have a clear idea on how she should act with him. Fortunately Remy does and for that she is grateful. She mainly relies on Remy in keeping Alkalb under control, but would like it if she could learn how to do so herself as well. [/spoili]
@DarkiusHeavenstein

(I guess I will take Leader group #4, since that's not reserved and has people in it.)

Last edited:
Or you could go for a milder taste in between. Medium kangaroo meat tastes close to beef, but is much more gentler in taste and not as overwhelming. The meat is also very soft and juicy. Or if you wanna go a bit weirder, crocodile meat. Tastes like fish and chicken at the same time. Yes, I go to restaurants and always order the weirdest ones in the menu just to taste some new things. I eat weird things. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to get my hands on fried and seasoned crickets. Apparently they're very crunchy!
I'm bouncing between raw and bloody and a smoky flavor for Al actually o.o And since we smoked our Turkey this year that's what came to mind.

THE FISH IS IN THE BUILDING. I REPEAT; THE FISH... IS IN THEN BUILDING.

//Chanting together with Misa in the background

one of us one of us one of us
I wish go home you'reoff your rocker was an option o.o

OMG I love exotic meat! Anyway yes crickets are very crunchy and very healthy. They taste a bit like fries actually. Yes, I have been to Kenya and lived with the local people there, so very interesting stuff to eat. And it is not like you can actually say no, since they don't have much else. However once you are able to forget that you are eating insects it is quite nice. However I do suggest sticking with dead instects... I still can't understand how they eat those living larva's...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
THE FISH IS IN THE BUILDING. I REPEAT; THE FISH... IS IN THEN BUILDING.
*the ^^

Wicked here is freaking me out. I request that someone keeps them away from me. Far away.
I wish go home you'reoff your rocker was an option o.o
//hides behind Noctis.

You seem reliable and protective. I don't think I'm ready for either Misa or Wicked there. u_u

Last edited:
Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in your midst!
OF COURSE WE DON'T MIND.... ALSO after Stroopwafels. SPECULAASPOPPEN!

Okay... *back to serious GM mode* Did you have a specific power in mind?

• Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
//hides behind Noctis.

You seem reliable and protective. I don't think I'm ready for either Misa or Wicked there. u_u
Sadly, they aren't the ones you need to worry about. *Pats Nemo*

OF COURSE WE DON'T MIND.... ALSO after Stroopwafels. SPECULAASPOPPEN!

Okay... *back to serious GM mode* Did you have a specific power in mind?
SPECULAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the good stuff man. Forget about the weed. We got the best cookies. <333

And I was thinking of going for Aciukinesis. Gender is still undetermined.

Also I have noticed my intro is really getting too long XD So I am gonna shorten it XD

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
SPECULAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the good stuff man. Forget about the weed. We got the best cookies. <333

And I was thinking of going for Aciukinesis. Gender is still undetermined.
WE definitely got the best cookies ^^

Sure sure, I have written it down

Reactions: Nemopedia
Long Intros give us... well me more to work with, since I tend to like to write long posts xD

If you get the intro up today I won't beable to reply until tomorrow. Still working on my post for our roleplay :3

Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
  • Useful
Reactions: Duwang Chew
Currently hitting 1400 words and counting since I wanted to write more.. XD
Pace yourself women o.0 This isn't the only post you'll make in thos roleplay you know :P

Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
.... okay well maybe that is a little much xD
giphy.gif
When I say long I mean looooooonnnnnnnnggggg XD I just wasted paying attention and suddenly it was like hitting the second page (in Word) and I was like 'oh... this is 1800 words... that might not be appreciated..."

Status
Not open for further replies.