A Tale of Two Halves (potassiumboron x ForeverRed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by kiro to join our community. Please click here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Compare me to my father again, Anna, and I'll break everything in the damn apartment-- but I can't say mad at 'ya, you're too darn cute. God, three years really has made you gorgeous, hasn't it?" He cooed, only stopping his flirtation when sensing her anger, standing back with his body straight, tugging his jacket on with a roll of his yellow eyes.

"Seriously? Look, how about I go see this brat of yours? Would you at least let me stay an hour or somethin'?" He asked with a small grunt. Hell, the idea of seeing his son did fill him with dread, and it wasn't something he wanted to do, but he was bordering on the desperate. He needed somewhere to stay, and Annabelle was his best shot. "I'll be good, I swear, just... come on, Anna. I'll fix 'ya door, I'll do whatever shit you want. I just... I can't go to my Ma or my so-called friends tonight, so how about you stop being a bitch and let your best buddy stay a night?"​

"Get. The. Fuck. Out! When I begged you to come help me raise our child, you said no! You refused, so just do what you do best and disappear from my life! I don't need you, June doesn't need you, so just go! She hissed, opening the door wide.

"I don't need you waking up June. Now you wanna see him, all because your life sucks. Well good! I'm glad your life sucks, I'm glad everyone hates you! You're just some selfish little twat who doesn't deserve anything good in life. And yes, you are EXACTLY like that damn father of yours. Backing out of responsibility. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree huh?' She scoffed

(Could you be the son June?)

"I'm like my father? Fuck you, you don't know a single thing, idiot! Honestly, why am I bothering with you? You're like every other girl in this place, aren't 'ya? You can't fucking just... stop whining. It's always someone else's fault! Don't you think fifteen is a little young to even have a kid? I sure as hell think it is. I mean, fuck me... are you totally incapable of thought? God, Anna, your kid really is gonna be a fucking terrible adult with you as a--"

"...Mom...? Mommy? I had a bad dream and there was a monster in it a-and I'm thirsty again..." came the interrupting babbles of the three year old, June wearily rubbing his sleepy eyes with one hand as the other cradled a blanket and a teddy bear. Obviously, given the fact demons really didn't have that much money, the teddy was old and practically falling apart, but he would always argue whenever his mother tried to fix it for him - he had fallen in love with it being old and tatty, and he didn't want it to change. The boy was the spit of his father. The same grey skin, the same yellow horns and eyes, the same cheeky grin and dark brooding handsomeness. Staring at the man once Vereno locked eyes with the kid, the toddler sniffled, wrinkling his button nose before toddling to his mother confusedly, tearing up a little once sensing her upset. That was another similarity - he adored his mother just as much as Vereno adored his.

"Hey, c'mon kiddo, quit the tears. Fuck, you sure he's my kid? My kid wouldn't get all teary over somethin'," Vereno grumbled as he stood with muscled arms folded, even if his frown had made way for a rare smile. "...He's pretty cute. Hey, buddy, wanna piece of chocolate-- can he eat chocolate or... look, I stole some from a shop, kid, want some?"

"Choc... late? I... don't know what... it is..." June responded after peeking at his mother to make sure she wasn't going to breakdown, extending a small chubby hand to accept the square of chocolate, only to hand it straight to his mother with a bright, toothy grin. "You eat, 'kay? To stop crying..."​

Looking at her child was the only thing that calmed her down. Quickly wiping her tears away, she Gabe him a big smile, taking the chocolate only to put it in the toddler's mouth. "Nah, it's yours sweetie. Yummy right? Nice and sweet?" She cooed, before picking her son up, holding him in her arms protectively. "June this is Vereno, mommy's friend. I think he's leaving, are you Vereno?" She asked, looking at him with a glare, careful her son didn't see.

"Anyway, Junebug you thirsty? I think we still have a little bit of juice." She cooed, taking her son to her old looking kitchen, sitting him on the counter. She then grabbed a juice box, handing it to her son.

"I'm just a friend? Really? Look, kid, I'm half the reason you're even alive right now. Hell, without me? You'd literally be nothing. You know you have a mommy, right? Well, you have a Daddy too. Not that I ever want you to call me that, I'm way to cool to be a Dad," he laughed brightly, even if he was the only one to find himself funny at the moment. June was far too innocent to really engage with a lot of what his father was saying, though did at least understand one aspect of it.

"Daddy?" came the inevitably babble, his confused pout pulling at his lips. After all, he only knew about fathers from how some of his friends in other apartments in the hallways, watching them be hugged by their father or play football out in the little park. "I... thought I... didn't have one. You said I didn't, Mommy!"

"...You lied? Oh, what motherly behaviour." Vereno drawled smugly, flopping besides the now teary young boy with a smirk. "Hey, wanna hang out with me? As your amazingly epic new mate -not a Dad; just a friend-, we can have fun together, yeah? Your Mommy wouldn't want to upset you by not letting us hang out, huh Anna? Besides, your Mommy and me and very very close. I bet your Mommy wants to give me some kisses, amongst other things~!"​

"I rather chew glass." Anna glared at him, before she picked her son up, setting him on the floor. "Well...Junebug, your father left. I thought he wasn't around anymore. I guess he's around now." She mumbled reluctantly.

Smoothing her son's hair down, she kissed his forehead, with a smile. "Now drink your juice and let's head to bed. I'll tuck you in again."

"Or, get this, I could tuck 'im in. I could get used to the idea of having a kid, provided I get the benefits of hanging out with his super hot mom. Face it, you say you'd rather chew glass, but you'd love to sat on me right now and kissing me, don't lie. I'm pretty hot, babe. We made a super cute kid. We could try making another? Granted, I don't want another kid, but making him was super fun," he grinned playfully, resting his head back (and showing off the tattoos around his neck by doing so) before leaning to hitch June up to examine him. "Really cute, actually. Hey, you little terrier. You're gonna be like me one day, huh? All bad and tough and a ladies' man? Or a man's man, I really don't care who you end up liking. I kiss who I want, boy or girl, so-- you're gonna be like me, yeah? Not your Mom, she's too good."

"...Mommy's smart and kind and smells like f-flowers and looks pretty..." The toddler defended easily, his wide eyes peeking up at his mother before hos doll-like lips parted into a smile. "I can be tough and strong like you too..."​

"...Alright you can tuck him in." Annabelle glared at him, honestly not liking Vereno. How could she just accept him? After all the hurt he put her through? But she wasn't going to send him away. She didn't want to upset her son. So if having his douche of a dad here made him happy, so be it.

"But you should really sleep sweetie, it's late and mommy has to work tomorrow." She mumbled, walking over to them,.taking her son from Vee glaring at Vereno.

"I think you're being really immature, babes," he drawled, getting to his feet off the couch, albeit with a nostalgic grin spreading on his face. After all, he had had sex with her on that couch the night June was conceived. Leaning in a little closer, pecking June's forehead just to gauge how natural it felt, he did offer a more natural smile to the mother of his child. "I'm not gonna walk out again, I mean... not now I know you're this hot. Like hell am I gonna leave-- joke. I'll stay because I wanna, hon. As long as you quit glaring at me, I'm not that bad a guy, hm?"​

Looking st him a bit unsure, she finally let out a sigh, before handing him June. "Alright Junebug, let your....Daddy tuck you in. Mommy's going to sleep okay?" She cooed, before kissing her son softly. "Night night. I love you, and I'll see you in the morning." She whispered, looking at the father of her child, she mumbled a 'night' before heading to her room.

You couldn't exactly blame the girl for being super cautious. She was hurt so many times in the past. And having Vee just walk out on her hurt...Like hell.

Quietly setting the boy down with a half-smile, he had to admit that there was something rewarding in having a piece of him represented in this small toddler. Okay, so he had abandoned him for three years, but there was a difference between him and his father. His father abandoned Sofia knowingly, when he was a man. Vereno was only fifteen when he had found out he was going to be a father and, sure, he made the wrong decision by ignoring his responsibility... but he was a scared young kid. He was eighteen now, and while that was still young, he was somewhat ready to accept fatherhood, especially given just how similar the boy was to him.

He was still pissed off about the situation with Cole, even more so over the one with Theodore... but this was helping diffuse all that.​

6222c15f98161d8b182e07ee9aaa5922.png

Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months, and months progressed to years. Three to be exact. During those three years, Theodore kept his word. Theodore told his parents how demons were so bad, and that many of them were forced into a life of crime because of the extreme poverty. Theo suggested that they helped them, give those demons a better life. First it was just giving them a little food. Then Theo pushed harder, and got many demons better jobs. Once the demons had jobs the crime rate went lower. After the better jobs, Theodore pushed for better living arrangements. Construction workers came ad fixed up the neighborhood, now the demon neighborhood didn't look like a dirty slum. But a cute town. After that, Theodore pushed even more and now? Demon children were going to school. Not only that, but demons who had received any education also got classes. So they had a better chance of getting a better job.

Things were looking up for the little demon town. And Theodore wasn't done just yet. He was going to push it even more, so hat demons were to be accepted around the world not just Oakland. Being now twenty three, Theodore was definitely a busy bee. Once a man who despised demons was a man fighting viscously for their rights. At first many people didn't agree, but now? He had an amazing amount of supporters. Of course he was loved throughout the small town of demons. Many people saw him as their hero. How couldn't they? Theodore saved them from a life of poverty. Now people were getting better jobs,better lives.

Paolo's litter sister was now in school, and was excelling in all her subjects. Like he always wanted. He had to thank the human for doing that. Paolo and Theo had actually became friends during the time. Cole, who was a huge stocky gang member was now working an honest job as a personal trainer. The job really fit him, since he was so into working out, and he earned a good living being to buy and and Thalia a cute little home.

The streets were no longer dirty, and married with crud. They were cleaned, and it just looked like a regular suburban neighborhood. Annabelle was actually able to have a job as a health aid. She was still studying to become a nurse, and she was very close to getting her nursing license. But the heath aid job helped pay a lot of bills, and she was able to move to a nicer home. She was also able to send June to school. She didn't know Theodore, but she was forever grateful to him. She would just love hearing her son run home and tell her all his great stories about school. He was able to make friends, play and learn.

Also, not only that, but some mainstream human supporters actually would send their kids to demon school, just to show that you aren't born with hate, it's taught. And the demon children and human children get along great. Just like any other children.

Currently, it was a Friday morning. Annabelle was in the kitchen if her home, making lunch and packing it for her son. Her gray hair was tied into a bun. She didn't have any makeup on, but she was a natural beauty. Wearing some pajama shorts and a black tank top, she spread the jelly on his bread, yawning tired as she made the sandwich. She also packed his lunch for school early in the morning. That way she could talk a little to her Junebug before school.

Okay, so Vereno really couldn't dispute the amazing thing Theodore had achieved.

He had achieved everything demons had been protesting for thirty years. There was happiness, safety, security and, above all else, lives to actually look forward to without worrying about dying of hunger or dying in general because of crime. Everyone seemed happier; demons and human were mixing and engaging with one another. One particular piece of evidence for that was when Wade found himself a human girlfriend - that epitomised the success Theodore had achieved for the species. Of course, there were still the occasional comment, but those people were in minority now; most humans saw demons as equals, and members of society, not pieces of dirt best kept to the poorer areas of the city. In all, Theodore had achieved the impossible; a miracle, really.

However, did Vereno appreciate it? Not openly, no. He liked the fact his mother could live with heating on in the winter, and security, with no worries about her apartment getting broken into, and he did like how the children in the now thriving town could go to school and live lives he hadn't had the opportunity to. But he still hated Theodore, probably one of the only demons who really wanted the prissy boy to die. See, Vereno hadn't really changed. He hated the fact he had lost most of his friends because of Theodore's interventions. He hated the fact Cole had gone straight and worked an honest job, because Vereno? He was still as ruthless as he had always been. He beat people up, he took drugs, he still acted generally like an asshole. The difference was that now? He had no gang to support him, and his actions weren't normal. Crime was rare, and Vereno doing it meant he was easily spotted and more at risk of being arrested - which he had been, various times over the three years. The only real thing that kept him going was the hope of fucking up Theodore's life, and the thought of getting back to his son.

Over three years, Vereno was still a complete asshole but he was there for his son. He lived in the same apartment as him, having made an agreement with Annabelle that, if he paid her rent, he could stay to give his son the family unit, even if he wasn't with Annabelle. And he did learn to love the boy greatly. Vereno was still doing dodgy deals and he still got involved with the underbelly of crime in the city, even though he did have an honest job as a mechanic. Cole and his mother had tried to tell him to just have this as his job and leave the violence behind, but he didn't. Why would he? He adored it, so why give it up if it gave him power he liked and thrived on? Yet, for all his wrongdoings, he was a good father, and he learnt to get on with Annabelle despite their differences in the past... though they did bicker whenever he was sent to prison, because June obviously got affected by having to visit his infamous father inside a jail.

Currently, Vereno was at the apartment, after two months inside jail for beating up some random cop he felt was judging him. Granted, he had been dealing drugs at the time, but was that a worthy arrest charge? Stumbling from his bedroom, with all his tattoos on display on his muscled body, the man, only in boxers, did lean in behind the woman with a playful purr into her ear, his arms wrapping around her hips teasingly.

"When are you gonna stop giving me angry treatment, Anna? I got arrested, big deal. I'm back now," he murmured into her ear. They weren't officially dating... but they occasionally slept together, mostly because he flirted with her until she caved in. "C'mon... We should have celebrated my release last night. I was thinking we could have had a drink or two, a cigarette, then gone to the bedroom and had fun-- Whatever. Be a prudish bitch. Honestly, I didn't kill anyone, why are you so mad? It was just some cocaine, get over it."​

Anna's mood instantly soured when she felt his arms circle around her hips. Oh yeah, she was definitely pissed, taking his arms from around her, she turned to look at him, glaring into his brightly colored eyes. "Just cocaine? Vereno, did you ever stop to think, 'hmm, maybe my six year old son is being affected by all this', does that thought ever go through that thick skull of yours?" She whispered with a hiss. She didn't want to wake June up, at least not yet.

Turning back around, she finished making his lunch, packing it up nicely. "You...You're just stuck in your old ways. Like why can't you just leave that behind? I don't want our son to get up to be some thug like his father. I want him to be...I dunno, whatever he wants. Maybe a doctor, or a laser, or a professional baseball player. Something great, okay? Not....The lifestyle you lived. I want him to have a good childhood. And visiting his father in prison isn't so great." She growled, and sidestepped around him to make some coffee. Grabbing the coffee container, she opened it, before scooping up the coffee grinds, and dropping them into the coffee filter.

"And your hate for humans? Not cool. I mean, it's a different time now Vee. Humans accept us, June even has a human friend! A few of em. One adorable little girl named Georgiana another little boy name Jakob, they are both really sweet kids..." She mumbled and turned to look at him. "That racism needs to stop. I don't want June growing up to be racist. Now could you please be a dear and wake Junebug up? He needs to eat." She mumbled as she began to make breakfast.

"What do you mean he has human friends? F-Fucking hell, he... he'll stop seeing them. I'm not having my son, my flesh and blood, hanging around with them, Anna! They hate us. I don't even care if they go around pretending to like us. One day, they'll start hating us again, and I'm the only sane one who sees that, fuck. Whatever. When full out war breaks out one day, you can get killed while I'm smart enough to fight. But hey, the humans are so super sweet, huh? You're so dumb," he criticised flatly, flopping back at a chair on the table with a hand running through his dark hair, his eyes scanning the clean kitchen. "Honestly, you could have at least said you missed me. You did sleep with me the day I got arrested, literally an hour before, so quit putting on the act. I mean, you knew what I'm like when you had sex with me, so don't go moaning about how thuggish I am. If you don't like it, don't fuck it. Simple."

"...That's a naughty word, Dad." June murmured, having woken due to the angry snaps, though didn't really comment on them. He was used to seeing his parents bicker, as sad as that was. Clambering into his father's lap happily, now that he was home, he rested his head on his shoulders with a sleepy smile. No matter how much of a thug Vereno was, his son adored him regardless. "Do I have t' go t' school? Uncle Cole said I should come see him at his job 'cause all the sports stars go to gyms and I haven't seen Uncle Cole in ages and I have a cold so I can't go to school anyway, right? I can just hang out with Dad all day, Mom? Please? 'Cause he's been away ages and I wanna show him all my drawings and... a-and... school sucks sometimes. The teacher's such a... a... bitch."

Instead of chastising his son for using the word (one June undoubtedly learnt of him), the man grinned brightly. This was sort of the behaviour he had used as a child, and he didn't really care if his son followed the same path. He would always make sure June was safe and happy, anyway. "She's a bitch, huh? I can 'ave a word with her, if 'ya want, son. Make sure she doesn't say a word to you and gives you straight As, how 'bout that? I bet your Mom will be mad at me, though."​

"June! That's a naughty word, and a big no no!" She scolded her son, hands on her hips. Looking at her son, she sighed, before moving to massage her temples. She needed a miracle in order to not loose her patience with Vereno. "Look, Junebug, don't you wanna go to school and see that pretty girl you're always talkin' about? Georgiana? I'm sure she would be upset seeing you didn't make it. Besides school is bucket loads of fun right?" She cooed, moving to pick her son up, hoisting him up on her hip, with a smile. Then she thought about it. June never missed school, and he was good in school. One day with his father wouldn't hurt.

Signing, she moved to kiss him. "Alright. You can stay home. But only today, no more sick days. You need to be smart and have a great education." She cooed before sitting him down. "What would you like for breakfast ~"

"Toast with that chocolate spread Nana bought--"

"No, you don't want that, do 'ya? Have a man's breakfast. Bacon, sausages, eggs, hash browns... A big breakfast. You want muscles like Daddy, right? You want to attract all the girls when you're older, like Daddy's attractive to Mommy?" Vereno grinned, flexing his biceps for his son to touch in fascination, before flickering his eyes to Annabelle. He was constantly flirting with her, and it did pay off now and then, when the love-hate relationship balanced to the former rather than the latter. In truth, while he did go sleep with anyone he wanted, he was closer to Annabelle than anyone else he had been with. In fact, he was closer to loving her than anybody else. She was the person who gave him somewhere to live and gave him a son. "So, June, what's this about a girl at school? She isn't human, is she?"

"...Yeah, b-but she's really pretty, Dad. And cool. A-And she said my horns were wicked awesome and I said you were my Dad and she said that she saw you beat up that cop. Was he a bad cop?" June babbled, shuffling back onto his father's lap and tracing his finger around the many tattoos that lined his body. "Alex in school said that you were just bad and mean but I defend you 'cause you're not bad, right? You're like Batman, you just beat up the naughty guys, not the good ones."

"Sorta, kiddo. Something like that," the man shrugged, running his hands through his son's light hair and offered him a gentle smile in response. "I mean... you don't need to worry what I do, I'm just being dumb, huh? Be like Cole. He's some bigshot now, apparently... Whatever..."​

Annabelle looked at his muscles in the corner of her eye. she had to admit that she did like what she saw. And of course she still had feelings for him, but she couldn't show them. At least not when he was acting up right now.

Making the breakfast, she smiled at her son. "So you want that toast with the chocolate spread right? That's yummy, I think I'll have it." Cooed the woman as she began to make it for her son.

"I want bacon like Dad," he shrugged, his idolisation of his father all the more clear. He was watching him with eager, glittering eyes, copying his movements and giggling whenever his father laughed. He listened to his mother, of course. He worked hard at school, he didn't let anyone bully him over who his father was, and he happily got on with humans. Hell, he fancied one. But that wasn't to say he didn't love his father and follow him subconsciously, because didn't every son adore their father? "I want bacon a-and sausages, 'kay Mom?"

"Cause he wants to be like me, Anna. Relax, would 'ya? I'm a good guy, deep down, you know that. Or you wouldn't have s-e-x with me," he spelled out quietly, rolling his eyes at her concern as he simply bumped June up and down on his lap. "I'll be going out later, I need to see Cole, track down Theodore so I can teach him a lesson. Then I'll be home in time for dinner, alright? Make something good at least."​

"Teach him a lesson? Don't go messing with a innocent human. He's done so much! He's the reason we're living a good as we are right now. Look I wouldn't have this nice house if it wasn't for the things he did. And June wouldn't be in school if it wasn't for him. Besides, he has a lot of bodyguards so leave em be." She huffed

Making breakfast for her small family unit, she hummed along with her radio, smiling softly. About thirty minutes later walked over to her family and handed them the plates. "Alright, eat up."

Status
Not open for further replies.