A Tale of Two Halves (potassiumboron x ForeverRed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

potassiumboron

~I'm drinking coffee on a trampoline~
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
3pm - 1am (GMT / BST)
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Monsters, supernatural, fantasy, romance, criminality, slice-of-life (modern or set in past, usually with some twists)
Usually, Saturdays were reserved for relaxing. Vereno usually had nothing else to do and, being as lazy as he always claimed to be, he had to have some days where staying inside his apartment that he shared with the rest of his friends, didn't he? He spent so much time and used so much effort every other day of the week on just trying to survive and gaining respect that one day did have to be set aside just to recuperate.

Of course, he made sure he relaxed anyway, and on most days did he have time to lay about and lounge like he didn't have a problem in the world when, in reality, he did have growing problems. Humans, for example, were becoming frequently more hostile towards him, his friends and his kind in general. For thirty years, they had lived amongst humans, and sure, while life was horrible and it was a struggle to even find and gather food, the humans had at least appeared to come to terms with the fact they shared their cities with them. Now, however, they were becoming more and more intent on casting them all out of the cities. Crime and violence against demons was a frequent feature, which Vereno only knew how to respond to with more violence of his own. If there was going to be a full-out war about the issue, then he was obviously going to defend his corner and fight for the right to stay in the city he was born in. He had as much of a right to it as those pathetic little humans.

The worst of the humans in his eyes was that damn mayor at that snobby son of his. For years, Vereno had no idea who Theodore even was. Why would he? Theo lived in a different area of town, with a different lifestyle and a different set of experiences. He didn't have to venture down to the criminal areas, or even have to experience life where most of the demons lived. As such, Vereno had no idea that there was even a mayor... until recently with the declarations and the promises to clean the city of crime and subsequently clean the city up of demons, with Theodore promising that on the city's media. Seeing the face of some pretentious, privileged asshole across the television screen, bleating on about his desire to rid the city of demons had hardly settled well for Vereno. In fact, all it did was infuriate him. He hated pretentiousness, and this boy screamed and epitomised it. His reaction? To target the man and have him realise that Vereno was there to stay. If he had to kill him to get the message across to every other snobby human in the city, then so be it.

Hence why that Saturday wasn't one where he was lounging about with a joint, or drinking beer with some girl or boy he had picked up in the apartment complex. No, that Saturday was the Saturday he was going to try and get to that Theodore boy. He didn't know just what he was going to do, or how badly he would hurt him. Hell, he might not even get that close to him if he was protected by guards, and it would be hard to get close given no demon usually entered the uptown areas... but he was definitely going to try regardless. That freak needed to learn a lesson not to mess with Vereno, or those like him.

Currently tugging on a leather jacket for warmth, he strolled out of his small and pokey bedroom to join his friends in the living room; a tiny and bare place barely big enough for them all. But, without any money to afford something better, it was all they had, and much better than being homeless.

"Oi," he called quietly, glaring at his friends in disapproval with their lounged state. "Seriously, get the fuck up. Don't you wanna beat the shit out of the Mayor's crappy son? We're gonna need energy to really fuck with that kid, y'know."​

Saturdays were customarily a day for Theodore to unwind and tranquilize. A day where he would go to the spa, get a mud bath,or get a pleasant massage. Spend the afternoon with his loving boyfriend, and just be spoiled. Theodore was a busy young man. He balanced college, public speaking, and having his own personal life throughout he week. Even though Theo did it very well, it did exhaust him at points. Which is why he spent his Saturdays rejuvenating, and prepping himself to get ready for the next week ahead of him.

Be that as it may, that wasn't exactly the case for the little princess. When Theodore awoken this morning, he awoke to news form his best friend Jennifer. Not good news, terrible news. She sent him pictures of his boyfriend, Dominic at a party kissing some random slutty boy. Instantly, this soured the short man's mood, and he called his boyfriend, screaming and raving on about how they were over. In angry tears, Theodore went on to taking his shower, like his usual morning routine. His cat Barbie was perched on her bed, and was watching her master, obviously sensing his anger. The smart cat stayed out of his way.

After his long shower, Theo went downstairs to get some coffee, and realized his favorite blueberry brew coffee was out. He had to drink chestnut. Yes, chestnut coffee. It was a nightmare for the young man. By that time his violet eyes were burning furiously. He had to skip a day without his blueberry coffee, and his whore of a boyfriend, I mean ex boyfriend, pissed him off. Could this Saturday get any worse?

Actually it could. A lot worse. Pulling on his Michael Kors sunglasses, he pulled on his thick designer coat to keep him warm, and ventured out to his car. And you know what he saw on his car? Bird poop. Bird poop on his beautiful all black 2016 Dodge Charger! Theo couldn't go driving in a car that had bird poop on the windshield! That's so not cool!

So instead, he took his father car. A black Lexus 2016. It wasn't as gorgeous as his car, but it would have to do. Driving, the sour boy glared at every little thing. This Saturday sucked.

Meanwhile, back at the demons apartment, Paolo a demon who was 6'7 looked down at his younger friend. "I heard that prissy bitch has a spa treatment today. At exactly 11:30am." Paolo was great at getting information like that.

"Spa treatment? I'm not even confident I know what a spa treatment is, to be honest. It's such a human thing, especially for a rich kid who needs to shut his fucking dumb mouth, huh?" The boy retorted with a sadistic smirk now he knew just where that poor little rich boy would be. Granted, it would be difficult sneaking up into the wealthier areas of town, but he'd managed it before. It was usually where he went to steal supplies or harass people who looked down at him, so surely it wouldn't be too difficult tracking down that mayor's son and teaching him to shut his mouth and not talk about things he had little understanding over. Besides, it had been a while since Vereno had had the opportunity to really hurt someone and target someone of great importance, so this situation was more exciting than he would have initially imagined.

"You're seriously going to go to the prick and beat him up? You know who his disgusting father is, don't you?" Thalia drawled, the only girl in the gang laid out on the couch and running her hands through her dark blue hair. "Honestly, I don't want to see you all arrested again. You know, they won't let you out again, Vee. You'll be locked inside and... like fuck am I letting that happen because of some prissy rich kid."

"Nice to see you care about me, babe," he retorted playfully, letting out a puff of smoke from the cigarette he had lit before casually strolling out, regardless of whether his friends followed or not. He was happy to do this all by himself after all, though reluctantly, Thalia trailed after the boys with a small snort, pocketing her pen knife and trusty gun just in case.

While the richer areas of town were outstandingly beautiful, with no signs of violence, graffiti or gangs, it only made Vereno scowl in disgust once managing to get there with Paolo driving in his rust bucket of a car. He may be poor, and he may be a thug, but he didn't want some lavish lifestyle that detached him from the world. He enjoyed where he lived, where interesting things happened. He only wished that people like him had money to survive, and were treated like equals. Was that too much to ask? Of course, any hopes of achieving that had been quashed years ago, when he had been hurt by a few rich human schoolboys. Since then, he had just eliminated any hopes of achieving equality, wanting to fight fire with fire, however violent things became.

And destroying Theodore was part of the plan.

"Look, that's him, right? The kid from the news," he blurted, having been sat in the front of the car and peering out of the blackened windows for any sign of Theodore. The car obviously attracted attention, gaining disgusted glances from the humans around, and while he would usually storm out and hurt them for looking at him like that, he had bigger fish to fry first. "Jesus, he's so fucking pampered, isn't he? It's making me vomit-- right, stay here, I'll go grab him and... and we'll take him back to the apartment. I can't beat him up here, that's too risky..."​

Paolo, who was driving in the front, nodded his head. Shifting his jaw, Paolo drummed his fingers on he wheel. "Alright, hurry up and grab em, that prissy bitch needs to learn a lesson." Paolo's bright colored eyes were glaring straight at the pampered boy himself.

Meanwhile, Theodore was walking out the spa, having already had his treatment. Feeling much better, Theo held his caramel ice latte in his left hand, licking the whipped cream with a purr, before he began to sip the drink down. His delicate fingers went to brush his dark black bangs from his violet eyes. Many people stopped to say hello, smiling st him. Of course they would say hello, he was the Mayor's son.

Returning the smiles with his own, his violet eyes looked around, before seeing the rather....Odd looking car. It was so old, what make was it? Probably 2006, definitely not fitting in on this side of town. And why were the windows all blackened. Okay, that screamed suspicious activity. With a quick 'Hmph', Theodore walked over to the car, arching a perfect and plucked brow. Once he was close to the car, he knocked on the window. "Pardon me, but can I speak to you?"

Paolo eyes widened at the....Balls this human had. Impressive, and well just handy. Now they didn't have to go out and ran Jim. "Thailia. Grab em." Paolo whispered, since she was sitting in the back.

Glaring daggers at the boy from behind the safety of the windows, it took everything in his power not to erupt and just shoot the idiot there and then. He had done it before, angrily killed someone because they pissed him off, but it had always been in the downtown area, where crime was an undercurrent of the area, and nobody really batted an eyelid anymore to a vicious attack. It was part of the nature, and becoming frighteningly normal. However, murders in this area of the city were uncommon, unheard of, as the laws had so far successfully prohibited any demon from setting up a life for themselves there. They didn't have the money, and if any demon even entered the posh areas, they would be arrested simply for their presence. As such, Vereno knew he couldn't just kill the boy, however much of an urge he had to do that.

"Why do I gotta get 'im?" Thalia groaned, bringing Vereno back from his moment of angry daydreaming. The teenage girl was a part of the gang, and had been with the four boys since she was young, but she did try to get away with being lazy, and letting them do the hard graft if she could help it. Her excuse usually was that she had just painted her nails, or that a girl ought to be spoiled... but clearly that wasn't going to cut it. Sighing heavily, with a frown on her black-lipsticked lips, she trailed out the car and grinned easily at the sight of being right next to the human - the closest contact with one she had ever actually had.

"My gosh, you're ever so... boring," she grinned, her sharp teeth flashing as she yanked the boy in close and let Cole reach out from inside the car to pull the human in, his large hand over his mouth to prevent speaking. "Cole, gosh," the girl chuckled, easing herself back inside with a snort at the fragrant scent of Theo. "Well, he keeps himself pampered alright. He stinks of that flowery crap."

"He would do, he's a fucking rich boy." Vereno scowled, turning around in his seat after punching Paolo to get a move on. "Hey, kid," the demon beamed, despite the fact Theo was two years older than him. "Look, I ain't gonna kill 'ya. Not yet, anyway," he yawned, waving his gun around with a pleased and triumphant smirk. "I mean, c'mon, relax babe! Chill out with us, we're pretty awesome people."

At first, he was calm, and confident. However, that changed when Theodore was grabbed, and forced into that car. Theodore squeaked and began kicked and thrashing until he was held down by a rather strange man. As Vereno spoke, Theo's violet eyes glared straight st him. Until he saw the gray metal, that was a gun. Anger transformed to fear and panicked. He let out a scream, but Cole's big firm hands muffled the sound.

Cole chuckled, holding the boy. "Hey, I think he smells pretty damn good." Chuckled the stocky red head. His gray hand was on Theo's pale white skin, covering Theo's plumb colored lips. Putting his nose to his neck, it easily frightened Theodore. "Mmhm, smells good enough to eat~" Theodore let out another muffled scream, before thrashing around again.

Paolo, who was quickly driving out of the rich part of the city. "Alright Cole, don't scare the boy. At least not right now. Save that for when we get to the apartment.'

Cole chuckled before he himself let out a yelp, pulling his hand from Theo's mouth. "He bit me!"

"Let me go! I swear! My gather will find me! Dead or alive he'll fins me,and you all will go to jail!"

"...You don't think we've already thought of the consequences of our actions? At least in jail we'd be guaranteed food and warmth, and security. Right now, we don't even know when our next meal will come. Unless we decide to eat you after Vereno's beat you up, that is. Like Cole said, you do smell rather delicious." Wade murmured, the quietest member of the gang piping up, biting his pieced lip with a hungry smile playing at his lips. He was the quietest out of them all, and the youngest at only fifteen, but he could be just as violent as the others if he wanted. He just preferred to methodically examine a situation before jumping into it, unlike Vereno who opted usually to run head first into a scenario without considering the damages to himself.

"Hey, hey, quit rising to the lamb's bleats, would you? He's just trying to create a facade of bravery. I don't think he realises we can all sense just how scared he is. You're scared, aren't you, lamb? Don't worry, we'll be home real soon." Vereno yawned, peeking a glance at Cole's hand just to check how bad the bite was, and admittedly snickered at the tooth marks embedded into his friend's skin. "Oh, that's pathetic. Really pathetic. If we bit you, lamb, you'd be bloody and would probably have no hand right now. That the best you can do to Cole? Why you humans have power in this city is beyond me, you all fucking suck--"

"I thought we weren't going to rise to him?" Thalia sighed from the side, pinching her nose deliberately to avoi the flowery scent of the human reaching her... and because she wanted the boy to know how much she hated him by being rude. "Ignore the 'lamb', that's what you said. You can go to town hurting 'im back at the apartment, hon. Just ignore him for now, he's not worth it."​

"Do not address me as lamb, and if you guys do kill me, you'll get the death penalty, ever think of that? Ha, I guess you'll go straight to hell like you shou-" Theodore was cut off by Cole grabbing his neck, and squeezing it with a growl.

"You ought to be taught a fuckin' lesson bitch!" Cole's eyes were growling with anger as he moved to strangle the boy, causing him to claw at his hands.

"Cole! Stop it! Ignore him until we get to the apartment!" Paolo growled as he looked back at them through the review mirror, before urningnhis focus on the road.

"But he's fuckin' annoyin'! I can't wait to bruise his prissy bitches skin. I bet you'll cry when your alabaster skin is all ruined." Cole smirked, holding a frightened Theodore who was coughing harshly from being so violently choked.

Theodore had tears running from his violet eyes, whimpering softly. Cole smirked and moved to grip a handful of his hair, sniffing his hair. "Even your hair smells like flowers. Mmhm I'm going to have a ball eating you~"

Theodore whimpered, and looked around frantically. "...M-Money? Do you want money? I'll give you money if you leave me alone."

"Do we want money? We'd fucking love money--"

"But we aren't going to accept it from you, rich boy. Do you think you can just pay us off? Don't you think that that's years too late? I mean, come on, we've been pretty much ignored and treated like shit for years. The moment we're close to getting a little bit of recognition as people to not be underestimated, you finally want to give us some cash? Fuck that." Vereno snapped viciously, reaching behind to hand Cole a cigarette, if only to keep the angry demon calm for now. Hell, he would hardly stop his friend from beating the human up when they got to the apartment, but letting him do that now would just ruin all the fun, wouldn't it? "Hey, Theodore," he drawled in a mocking pretentious tone, grinning widely as he continued to wave the gun around, aiming it occasionally at the human just to get him to realise that he was being irrational, and needed to shut up before the trigger was pulled. "How about you quit antagonising my mates, quit crying and just realise that your own fucking actions got you here. I have as much of a right to live here as you do, little lamb. We're just gonna show you that you can't go speaking 'bout us like that, that's all. Send a little message to that family of yours."

"Do you understand?" Thalia snapped, irritated by the sniffling and the crying in her ear, digging her shapr nails into the human's wrist with a wide smile. "Aw, the little baby's crying... Do you want your mommy? It must be nice, having a mom and all. You know, mine died because she didn't have medication to deal with her heart condition. It would have been nice to get help, but oh yeah, we're not allowed to visit the doctor here, are we? Because, that's it, it's only for fucking little humans."

"Relax, Thalia..." Vereno sighed, knowing how emotional the girl got, and, as teasing as they could all be with one another, he hated seeing any of them upset, especially Thalia when she talked of her mother. He adored his mother, so knowing Thalia's had died did hurt him too - he had thought of the woman as an auntie to him, after all. "The little lamb doesn't give a shit about what happened. He wants us all dead, isn't that right, Theo?"​

Theodore yelped out as blood trickled a bit from where her nails dug into his wrist. "Th-That's not my fault! I didn't kill her, not did I urn her away, let me g-" Cole moved to cover the human's mouth, laughing at his crying.

"Oh shut the hell up, no one cares how you feel, 'ight? So stop with all the cryin'. It's pissin' me the fuck off." Moving his hand from his mouth, Cole moved to grab his wrist, bringing it to his lips to lick the blood. "Mm, delicious." Purred the demon.

Theo whimpered, squeezing his eyes shut as he tried to pull his wrist away. "I...I...You guys s-say you deserve to live here right? W-Well show me! Show me the that you're n-not all this, th-that you can be kind...Then I'll go to the press, st-state that you aren't bad, get....Get my d-dad to send help to your people, and get the kids in school....L-Look, you don't want to hurt me, I have enough power to really help demons." Theodore suggested, finally yanking his bleeding wrist from Cole.

Cole looked at him, growling a bit,before finally lighting his cigarette. "That sound like a load of-"

"It sounds like its worth the riskm" Paolo mumbled, pulling over to turn around and look at Theo. "...Are you serious? Would you really help demons?...Would you get my little sister in school?" Paolo had a little sister about nine years old. He adored her, and wanted the beat for her. And he knew she needed to get into school in order to be able to get a decent job. If what Theo was saying was true, he could seriously help him out.

"You're not seriously listening to this damn human are you?" Cole growled, moving to punch Paolo's arm.

"Actually yes I am. Just think about it.... He's the Mayor's son...He does have some power to get demons some finical help, as well as younger demons get into school. I mean...His could be our chance to really change things!"

"Don't fall for it, Paolo. He's full of shit. Do you really think this asshole would help us out? Besides, we aren't kind people. I don't know if you've magically forgotten the fact we're in a gang, and we're currently kidnapping the kid to beat him up or what, Paolo, but this isn't good, angelic behaviour-- I should shoot you in the head, lamb, right this second for trying to blackmail us, frankly," he hissed, lunging forward to grab the boy's hair once taking advantage of the stationary vehicle and holding the gun directly against the human's temple, much to the horror of Thalia and the others. Sure, they were all as violent as he could be... but Vereno always went that one step further. He always outdid them when it came to thuggish behaviour, so if it was down to him to act good, they would all fail easily. He didn't have it in him to show an ounce of kindness to anyone, let alone this human. "How about you go tell everyone anyway, and we won't kill you, how 'bout that, little lamb? Because Cole's clearly fucking starving and I'd happily let him snack on your leg if you don't stop trying to get power on us. I have the power here, alright?!"

"...Paolo has a point." Wade murmured quietly, clearly not on the same wide as Cole and Vereno, but opting to agree with Paolo. "We could really use the cash, and... perhaps demons and humans could get along if... Theodore told them we're just... violent because we have no other choice to be, y'know? Think about it. Your son could live in a world where he wouldn't get beat up and bullied just because he's different--"

"What son? My son? I don't fucking have a son, Wade, piss off." Vereno snapped at the mention of his son. The more he realised he actually had one, the less happy he became. He didn't want some snotty brat out there with his genes. It was best just forgetting all about it, frankly. Seething in fury, he did let the gun leave the boy's temple after a moment of contemplating whether to shoot him. "...We'll keep you around us for a month, yeah? You'll see how fucking awful it is to live where we live, and maybe you'll see that we don't have a choice. But one word out of line, or one snobby remark? I'll shoot 'ya. If Cole wants to beat you up, I ain't stopping him either. I can't stop him if I wanted to, the guy's huge."​

"....You can't...Keep me for a month. Authorities will look for me...You...You have to let me go...That is if you-"

Cole grabbed the gun, knocking it again Theo's temple to knock the human out. Glaring at he human, he turned to glare at Wade. "You...You want to actually get along with humans? Use their cash?! Are you crazy?! That's just nots, no way in hell am I-"

"Do we have a choice Cole?!" Paolo snapped, barring his fangs as his gray lip peeled back to form a snarl. "We don't, alright! I don't know about you,but I want my baby sister to grow up in a world where she doesn't feel ashamed of being who she is, where she doesn't have to go a night without Donner, or spend a birthday without having gifts! I want her to have a good life, and if this snotty brat can help, then I'm taking the chance. Put your damn prise away, and actually use that big head of yours."

Paolo barely ever snapped. Yes he was in a gang, but he was more of the woman who did the driving, and sometimes beating up people. He also mostly just got the information, so he never really snapped. But when he did yell that meant he felt strongly about. "And Vereno, don't you want your mother living in a nicer home? Have beautiful dresses like a she deserves? Actually being able to just spoil herself? Just think about it, this kid is....or ticket out of that shithole we call home. A ticket to a better life. Whether we like it or not, he has the power to seriously change our lives."

"...If we're going to accept help, Paolo, we'll be doing it my way. He'll stay with us a while, and maybe he'll understand and offer us help, yeah? I'm not going to be kind to the brat. He's going to witness how our lives are firsthand and maybe he'll decide that, yeah, we have awful lives, and maybe, deep down beneath his pretension, he'll accept the fact that we're equals and we need help. Fuck me, he'd better understand it. I've been looking forward to kicking his ass." Vereno sighed, finding himself out-ruled the moment Thalia piped up with her acceptance of Paolo's protestations, and so, despite it countering every conviction he had ever had of humans, he was willing to be relatively abiding of Theodore just to get help. "He's spending a month with us, I don't even care if that's wrong. He won't understand immediately. He needs time to understand how fucking bad our lives are. Plus it'll mean his precious family will panic, and that makes me happy. I'm trying to compromise Paolo, so that's what we're gonna do. He comes with us, lives with us and then he'll understand, but I'm not gonna be nice. No fucking way am I being nice to this freak."

"...That's as good as it's gonna get, Paolo." Wade murmured, realising that Vereno wouldn't budge any further, so accepting that plan, however flawed, seemed the best option. It still ensured that Theodore could understand their situation, after all. "Right, sounds good. Now can we get home? I wanna beer after all this, I'm seriously exhausted."​

"Sure...." Paolo finally mumbled, before starting the car back up, to drive the rest of the way back to the lower end of the city. Paolof decided he would at least be nice to the human. He wanted to show the human that not all demons were evil. And that they needed help. And maybe that would get Theodore to understand better.

It wouldn't be for a few hours that Theodore woke up. It was late in the afternoon, and Theo was laying on the dirty floor of the apartment. His beautiful violet eyes had finally fluttered to life. For a moment,he was purely innocent and oblivious to his situation, until his eyes finally began to adjust. The blood in his mouth tasted like bile, and the side of his head was viciously throbbing He took in his surrounds, and sat up. Panicked he began to whimper until Cole grabbed a handful of his raven colored hair from behind and yanked him up.

"Oi, the lamb awake. Sleep well?" Cooed Cole with a smirk on his face. Theo's doe eyes looked over to Cole, tears in his eyes as he tried to push him away.

"Un-Unhand me..." His voice cracked, from since tears were in his eyes.

"Cole, let em go." Paolo growled, standing up from where he was sitting and moved to take the human from Cole. "Sorry...About him...Uh...You hungry? We don't have much...But its something."

"Don't feed it!" Cold growled, crossing his buff arms with a growl.

"You want em to die before he can help us?" Paolo hissed right back.

"Hey, leave him be, Cole. I mean, I sort of want my father to actually survive this winter, so maybe we could, y'know, follow the plan and try to treat the pig with some kindness." Thalia suggested from the couch, even if her words contained unsubtle insults to the human too. Stretching her smooth legs out with a flirtatious grin to Cole (just because they were all best friends didn't mean she didn't flirt with them), she plopped a bar of chocolate in front of the human - something she had been hoping to give to Paolo's sister, but the human brat clearly needed it more right now. "Tuck in. We'll fetch more food for you when we have time. You know, because we can't just go to the fridge and pull something out. We don't have that privilege. We don't have food here right now."

"He doesn't care~ I've told y'all that. He really won't give a shit." Vereno laughed from the table, having been busy forging some documents to guarantee they'd receive a few cases of beer. "Honestly, lamb. I'm trying to be nice, because I really want to get some benefits, but you make it sooo easy to hate you. Just you breathing irritates me-- how about you stop snivelling and grow a backbone?"​

Theodore looked around the room, grimacing a bit. That wasn't a nightmare he had earlier. He was really stuck with demons. Looking at the bar of chocolate, the pampered boy moved to pick it up, before he looked at how much sugar was in the bar. He nearly gag at the nutrition facts.

Theodore was someone who ate healthy almost all the time. Unhealthy things made him sick. Well not really, but he definitely wouldn't want to get fat. Slowly peeling open the paper, Theo begin to eat the chocolate. He skipped breakfast this morning, so he was pretty damn hungry. He regretted it entirely. "....Um...I could uh...Order food? I have money in my wallet....I just need to get my phone."

"No can do. We ain't idiots, we took your phone, so no calling for help. I'll order the damn food, hand over the money." Cole hissed, gripping his collar.

Theo hissed, and finally the short boy pushed the demon off. "Stop gripping my as shirt! This shirt cost $215.00 dollars! Jeez, don't wrinkle it. I'll give you the money, you don't have to be such a brute all the time." How mumbled, going into his pocket to pull out the money.

"Whaddya call me, lamb?" Cole hissed, mostly because he didn't understand the word.

"A brute. You know. A person with savage like behavior? And you know instead of using this money to order, maybe you could use it to go to the grocery store around here, buy some food that would last you a few days, instead of one night."

Paolo looked at him, before looking at Vereno. "...That is a smarter idea. We could use it to get groceries.... I can go pick them up, you guys watch the human."

"Theodore is my name. Not lamb or 'the human'. And if I'm going to be staying here I would like to know your names. Brute, stop fucking touching me!" He yelled at Cole who went to grip his shirt again.

"Stop calling me that!" Cole yelled back.

"I'll stop calling you that when you stop acting like one!"

"Woah, woah, break it up, big fella." Vereno quickly jumped to stand between them, having easily transported himself the short distance to gently push his best friend back. He appreciated everything Cole did, because in reality, he shared his opinion. He hated Theodore, and this plan? It did seem idiotic. It felt like he was begging for money from the boy, and he didn't want to feel like the humans had the power, and they were just passive recipients of some aid. That really wasn't a comforting feeling... but it was the only way they had a chance of improving their kind's situations. He wanted his mother to have a nice happy life, not live in a crappy apartment that his rival gang were threatening to burn down because of who her son was.

"Relax, Cole. Now, Theodore," he huffed, rolling his eyes at having to call the boy by his name. If it stopped him overreacting like this, then it was a small price to pay. "I'm Vereno; you already know Cole. Then you have Paolo, who seems to want to be your best buddy. Wade's god knows where right now, but he's around, and then that's Thalia-- now you know our names, how about you quit whining about your fucking expensive clothes. Unless you're blind, you must have noticed that we don't have anything here. Stop being fussy, shove that chocolate down your throat and just... shut up. I'm happy to cut out your tongue and feed it to the cats around here if you don't hush up, pretty boy."

"Just go get us the groceries or whatever. Buy a lot so we can give some to the kids and the young parents." Thalia drawled, laying back on the couch with her long locks laid out, deliberately looking and acting as seductively as she could. She was use to the boys all flirting with her, so having some human around taking attention from her pissed her off. "Paolo, babe? Make sure you get vodka? We haven't had that in ages."​

Theodore gaged at the mention of cheap alcohol. "Vodka? Surely your joking....Look I can give you more money, get wine, ooh no champagne ~ I dying for a glass." Theo mumbled, handing Paolo more money, before he went back to eating his chocolate.

"Champagne? Really? Ugh, you're so damn posh it makes me fuckin' sick."

"Listen, Colt-"

"It's Cole." Hissed the demon, a deep growl rumbling from his throat.

"Marcus, you wouldn't call it posh if you had a sip. Champagne has a delicious and divine taste. You'll see." Theo smirked, crossing his arms.

"Alright, human, for the last time, its Cole. Mess up my name again, I'll mess up that pretty little face."

"Aww, you think I'm pretty? Thank you~" Theo smirked, pissing him off on purpose.

Cole growled and gripped his collar again. "Ya wanna go,pretty boy?"

"Cole...Relax, he's doing it on purpose." Paolo sighed, before grabbing his keys. "I'll be back." Paolo then left to get the groceries

Theodore watched him leave, before his violet eyes were brought back to Cole. "Colby, let my shirt go."

Cole hissed at him, before pushing him down on to the ground. "Vereno....I might just kill him..."

"You ain't gonna kill him, Cole. If anyone's gonna rip out his fucking throat, it'll be me," he reassured, leaning to pat his friend's shoulder and forcing him to take a seat next to Thalia, if only to ensure he didn't burst a vein out of anger which, looking at him, was plausible. Once assuring himself that Cole wasn't going to punch the shit out of the human, he knelt down and tugged the boy's collar, just to get him to look at him. "I realise you find us disgusting, thuggish, dangerous. Whatever, I don't care. But if you want to actually survive the next month, try not to piss off Cole and me. You may have Paolo and Wade wrapped around your little finger, but Cole and I aren't that naive. Sure, we'll coincide with you so you understand the lives we lead, but one toe out of line? I won't be stopping Cole again."

Standing up after the harsh threats, he offered a wide grin and cracked his knuckles. "We're getting vodka. I don't even know what the hell champagne is, but it sounds like shit. If you like it, it must be crap. We want to get drunk, and vodka does that. But relax, Paolo's fetching groceries too for you, little lamb, so you'll get what you want too. Now, if you're gonna behave, I'm gonna pop out. Rachel just called me, and y'know, she's so fucking hot--"

"Is she the stripper? I heard she sells herself to whatever guy she sees, Vee." Thalia pouted, trailing her fingers through her hair with an envious huff. "She isn't that cute..."

"You're just being a bitch, Thalia. Fine. I'll call up that really cute guy from upstairs, how 'bout that? He and I have been sharing the odd glance here and there, and he's fine," the demon purred playfully, resting on the couch next to Cole. "Honestly, I can sleep with who I want-- are you a virgin, Theodore? I can't imagine anyone liking you, you're so boringly plain."​

"My sex life doesn't concern you." Theodore growled, glaring at him with those pretty eyes of his. "None of that concerns you, and perhaps I may seem boring to a demon such as yourself, however to humans I'm not boring at all. I'm quite popular at college." Admitted Theo, rolling his eyes.

"College? How old are you? I thought you were sixteen." Cole mumbled, actually surprised.

"Sixteen? I'm twenty years old." Theo mumbles, rolling his eyes.

"Yer short for ya age." Cole grumbled, snickering.

The raven headed human flushed in embarrassment and anger, glaring at the demon. "I-I'm not short, I can't help if you're freakishly tall!"

"Nah, yer just a damn midget. Anyway, you are pretty cute. You look like a damn slut in bed. Tell me pretty boy, I bet ya are a whore, huh?" Cole smirked, tabbing his hair, to look at his eyes. "And you have such pretty eyes."

Theo growled, smacking him across the face. Obviously that pissed him off. "I'm not a whore! I've only had sex with one person my entire life! I'm faithful, and loyal, not a slut!"

The slap didn't faze Cole, he just smirked and pushed him back onto the floor. "I got your answer Vee, he's not a virgin."

Status
Not open for further replies.