A new world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorne quickly looked back to Sorcha and noticed the bandage on her arm, with all the worry she hadn't seen it before. She grew warm as she filled with rage, turning back to the large man, glaring at him and pointing her dagger towards him more fiercely now. She had planned on resolving the matter peacefully and in a friendly manner, but once she saw that Sorcha was hurt, that thought faded. She spoke slowly, anger tinted her tone, "What, did you do to her" she backed away from the man, Sorcha still behind her. Her piercing green eyes intently lay on the man, awaiting a response, ready to protect Sorcha at whatever cost.

Holding his ground and staying in stance Duncan sharply replied "We haven't done anything to her, she was just helping us after we got lost, whats it to you?"

A hard sigh escaped the girl's lips as she slowly lowered her daggers, but not her guard. She hoped this gesture would show that she really didn't want a conflict, especially she didn't want to have to fight him.

"Look, " trying her best to calm down and sort things out, "I'm part of Sorcha's family. Our home is the same. Our village is on high alert," she paused, looking at the camp behind him, "probably because of that. I don't want to fight you, but Sorcha is my responsibility. I don't know what's going on here, but she's been gone for days. We aren't an aggressive people, but you must understand how this looks for me. We fight when we have to, never without reason. I needed to know she wasn't hurt or being held captive or something. You must have siblings or close friends, a little sister maybe?"

She spoke in what was a friendly yet protective tone as she attempted to get this man to empathize a little, putting emphasis on the last part.

Lowering his sword and response "Sorry about the misunderstanding, we wish you no harm either" he says in a much calmer voice "So far your people have been friendly so i have no desire to fight you either"

A hard exhale of relief left her chest as she reholstered her daggers and turned to Sorcha, grabbing her shoulders firmly but lovingly, "You..." She paused, not quite knowing what to say to her, "You, are a pain in my ass. You're lucky I'm a good tracker, if I was out for too much longer, I may have killed you myself" She let out a sound like a small laugh. "I'm glad you're okay, Sorcha." Remembering the wound, She sat Sorcha on the ground and removed the bandage, tenderly cleaning, healing it with their own herbs, and redressing it with more skilled hands than the last. "You'd think Sonia never taught you how to tend to wounds at all with the way this was wrapped." She joked, finishing up her work. Turning her head slowly back to the large man, She stared at him with stunning, pale green eyes for a moment before she spoke, "Thank you, for not killing my si-" She stopped to rethink her words, not wanting to seem weak or sentimental, at last, any more than she already had if she did, "Sorcha, or myself. Our village thanks you for showing such mercy..." She paused and bowed where she sat, realizing she didn't know either of the men's names.

Bowing back Duncan replies "Any honorable man would never kill someone who had done no wrong, i would have treated any other good person the same"

Sorcha just about yelped in surprise until she saw that, once again, as always her sister had found her. Though before she could say anything her and Duncan were going at it like to territorial beasts. When her sister turned to her to scorn her she almost jumped out of her skin. She just couldn't help but be curious. She got it from their mother, and no matter how she tried not to she would poke her nose into things that would scare off most people. She watched her sister as she tended to her wound.
"I am sorry for worrying you so much. I was just trying to help them find their people, and maybe talk with their chief to establish some sort of peace to prevent any misunderstandings." Her voice was softer as she spoke to Sorne compared to when she spoke to the two men. "Oh yes. This is Duncan" She said as she pointed to the armored man with the beard. "And that is Akira" She pointed to the smaller male with lighter armor.

Akira jumped a little at the sudden arrival of another girl, one that looked just a little like Sorcha did, but with some fairly obvious differences. However before he could even say a word, she and Duncan were practically at each other's throats, but thankfully things calmed down relatively quickly, and Sorcha introduced them to her sister. "It's nice to meet you... Sorry about Duncan, he's a little defensive at times,there's still a few tensions between your people around ours." He told her, his voice growing quiet in the presence of a new person "I guess we should explain that injury though; a pack of wolves attacked us when we were still in that forest, one of them managed to get her arm despite our best efforts." He added, remembering the rather angry look her sister got when she spotted that injury on Sorcha's arm...

Sorne sighed, smiling warmly and shaking her head, "Sorcha, you know I'm not mad, and I know, I know." The girls ears perked up in interest as Sorcha mentioned the peace treaty, grinning and jumping up, "Excellent!" She exclaimed. Turning to the men as her sister pointed them out, introducing each of them, She bowed gracefully. "Sorne," She flashed a stunning smile at the each of them, chuckling slightly at her younger sister for not actually letting them know her name. "I thank you for taking care of my sister. Both of you." Her gaze turned to Akira as he explained. "I understand." She paused, a soft frown forming on her face at the thought of conflict between their people. "Wolves, eh?" She raised an eyebrow at her sister and shook her head jokingly. "I'm glad you're all alright. So when is this thing happening? I imagine these are your people?" She questioned Akira, gesturing towards the large, barricaded camp behind him.

"Nice to meat you Sorne... And yeah those are my people, they're nice most of the time despite the few scuffles every now and then." Akira said, smiling and nodding a little, he was glad to have made another friend... Perhaps a peace treaty would be easier than he thought, of course that would have to depend just how stubborn their leader was this time around. Sometimes he lets paranoia get to him, and he becomes quite ruthless, he shudders remembering just how much effort it took to calm him down the last time.

Sorcha looked around the camp, and found herself in a wonderland. She felt so many questions pop into her head at once that she thought her head might explode. Instead she focused on the matter at hand. "so where is your leader anyways? I think we should talk to him as soon as we can" Part of her wanted to bring peace as fast as they could amongst their people, while another part of her wanted to go around the camp and learn as much as she could.

"Then I'm glad my sister ran into you rather than some of your other... more 'scuffle ish' members" She decided it would be easiest to just use the term he used. As they walked through the encampment, Sorne laughed to herself as she watched her little sister light up like a Christmas tree. Of course this new place interested her as well, but definitely not to the point of excitement overload, explosion city. She pulled her sister close to her by her hip and whispered, "I'm not sure this will work if you look like you're about to self destruct the whole time." She joked. "What is your chief's name, anyways?" She questioned Akira, making sure to hold on to her happy time bomb that she called a sibling.

Hopefully their leader was a reasonable man. She had dealt with a few in the past who were much less than that. She shuddered lightly, remembering some of the things she was asked to do for her village in the past that had a not so good outcome. Not thinking about it, She placed her free hand on a severe scar she had received from one of those encounters, just under her ribs on the right side, hidden under her leathers. It was one of the reasons she dressed much more modestly than most of the women in her village, other than being one of their main defenses. She looked at her younger sister, Still happy as ever, thanking the gods that she didn't have to know some of the pain her older sister endured, some of it to make sure Sorcha remained safe.

As Akira entered the village with Sorcha and the others, he glanced towards Sorcha and noticed just how excited she seemed to be seeing all these new things, but she did ask where his leader was"He's in that large tower up there." He said pointing to the wooden tower that rose out of the ground, it was quite a bit higher than the other buildings. Then when her sister Sorne asked his leader's name, he remembered he hadn't told them it yet "His name is Ethaniel, he's a nice man for the most part... Though he can be a little passive aggressive when paranoia of others gets to him too much, hopefully this isn't one of those days." Akira explains, hew knew Ethaniel could be ruthless at those times, especially to newcomers, however he knew he would step in if things started to get out of hand, he wouldn't be one to stand by if things went awry now.

Keeping her hand where it was, Sorcha still in a tight grip with the other, she tried to muster a smile in Akira's direction despite all the thoughts pervading her mind after he finished. "I certainly hope so." Her gaze turned towards the tall tower as she spoke. "I hope so" She repeated under her breath to herself. A quick glance was shot in Duncan's direction, whom hadn't spoken much since the front gate. She quickened her pace, turning back towards the tower, attempting to change her own mood and keep her mind away from all of the thoughts and what ifs that flew around in there.

Sorcha just wanted to stop every two minutes to look at all of the neat treasures that were either being made or hung up for sale. Much of it was basic necessities for warriors, at least from what she could tell. The only thing that was stopping her was her sister, and that they were on a bit of a mission. At her sister's comment on her own excitement she giggled.
Eventually they reached the tower, and made it inside. That was when Sorcha felt herself growing a little bit nervous, so she just clung close to her sister to make herself feel safe.

Sorne examined all around the outside of the tower, continuing to do so as they entered inside it. She always made sure to find at least a couple escape routes before going into a scenario such as this one. Any weak points of the structure or loose ends she could use as a makeshift obstacle, or even trap. Her calculations were interrupted as she felt her younger sibling suddenly come down from her high and begin to tense up, holding her arm tighter and pushing herself closer to Sorne. She looked to her sister and gave her a warm smile, reassuring her that everything would be alright. If something went wrong, She knew what to do to keep Sorcha safe, and unharmed. She found her escapes and traps, now focusing on keeping her sister comforted, keeping a tight grip on her to show her She was safe, as she always made sure if in the past. And that wasn't changing now.

Duncan moves over to the door of his captains tower, it had been a while seince they talked, but they had fought side by side previously, and he hoped that he would trust him long enough to get the treaty he and his companions were looking for. He knocks heavily on the door and shouts out "Ethanial! Are you in there?"

Before they officially entered the tower, Akira turned around looking at both Sorcha and Sorne with a more serious look. "If things were to get bed, it might be the best to get out of there. I'll stay behind and deal with him; this definitely wouldn't be my first time experiencing his anger." He told them, his tone laced with determination and worry. Then he turned towards the tower again and watched as Duncan knocks on the door, he too waited for a response from the captain, if any at all.

Ethanial sat in his chair when he heard a knock on the door. He was already feeling irritable by the looks of it. "Come in!" When the known Duncan and Akira came in a smile almost came to his lips happy for their safe return. But then he saw the two native girls. "What is the meaning of this" he growled wanting an explaination.

Sorcha nodded to Akira then looked around the room and once her and her sisters presence were known the whole room tensed and the guards were prepared to attack. Making Sorcha's heart race. Even though their leader told them to put heir weapons down.

"Well, we've been thinking us and the natives here should decide on some sort of peace treaty soon enough... Thing have been... Tense to say the least between us for too long." Akira explains eyeing the guards cautiously, even though they covered all known exits, he had no doubt there would be others that were never known of around for the two girls to escape from... And that's assuming if the Captain were to lose it at some point, though it sure felt like he was the way he sounded...

Status
Not open for further replies.