A new world

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Most attacks that have happened with these natives have been caused by us trampling over their land, and if we go and get an agreement we could stop these attacks by coming to a compromise or even we could get them to understand that we mean no harm so that we can live in relative peace and better yet work with the natives" He says hoping his captain will see reason.

The captain gripped the armrest of his chair obviously very irritated. "Do you realize our location has been compromised!" His voice remained as a growl as he ignored Duncan completely. "How do we know they haven't already made a pact with the soldiers who want us out of the way?! Huh?" He glared over the two girls. "Why should we make a pact with a bunch of savages?" He asked in a calmer tone.

Sorcha felt anger bubble in her at the term 'savage'. Her people weren't like that and she thought it was unfair. Her muscles tensed and her fearful eyes turned to ones that showed anger.

"If they made a pact with the other soldiers, we'd already be dead, it's as simple as that... They're not the "Savages" alot of us make them out to be." Akira said matter-of-factly. He was fully aware of how well Sorcha had known the forest they were in, so if her people had indeed made a pact with those enemy soldiers, he doubted they would have waited this long to launch an attack.

"If we make a pact with them our scouts would no longer have to fear attack, if people get lost they could easily get assistance form one of the many tribes that live around here instead of having to fend for themselves, and thats just what i can come up off the top of my head. I feel like the real question would be why wouldn't we want to make a pact with these people" he declares

Ethaniel groans knowing the two of them were right. "Fine! Fine. Just get out of here and make peace with the tribes. I am going to retire for the night." He stood and left the room.

"That went fairly well" Duncan says smiling to his companions

Sorne turned towards her sister, flashing her a big smile, "See? That wasn't so bad." She locked arms with her sister to help calm her down, and make her all bubbly again. "Do you think it would be alright if you two showed us around?" She asked, shifting her gaze from Sorcha to the two men, "I think it would make Sorcha's day if you showed us around and answered some of her questions." a large grin formed on her face as she turned to Sorcha, "maybe she won't ask /too/ many." She joked.

Reactions: CheshireKitten
Sorcha's whole face brightened up as they all left the building and went into the camp. "Oh please oh please. That would be awesome!" She detached from her sister and gave Akira the biggest blue puppy dog eyes.

"I don't see why not, but there is not to much to see, this being a temporary camp" he replied looking around hoping to find something to start the tour with

((sorry for the late response! Forums stopped notifying me >.<))
Akira nods, glad Ethaniel was in a good enough mood to at least accept the peace treaty between him and Sorcha's people... When her older sister mentioned showing them around, he agreed quickly looking around at the few places they've set up; a smithy had been set up near them, and an armory right next door where plenty of armor and weapons hung around yet to be used. "Where do you want to go first?" He asked Sorcha and Sorne with a curious look on his face, he understood this camp was a new thing for the both of them, though Sorcha seemed to be practically bursting with excitement at the mention of being shown around.

Sorcha looked from one place to another. She was just so over whelmed and didn't know what to do first. "Everything, but I don't think that's physically possible. How about over there" she points over to the Armory. She tugged on her sister's hand eagerly.

Sorne chuckled, "it's not up to me to decide" She gestured towards Akira, "Go to him, I'm sure he'd be happy to navigate you around, Sorcha." She pushed her sister along."I'll be right behind you guys.

"Sure" he says as he walks over towards it with everyone else "this is were our blacksmiths make our weapons and armor."

Akira nods, he gestured towards the armory "Well, this isn't the largest armory in the world, but it certainly does have a large supply of weapons." He said taking on a "tour guide" esque voice, walking towards the area making sure Sorcha and her sister was following, he noticed that thankfully Duncan was following too "I think the blacksmith likes his job a little too much..." he whispers motioning towards the blacksmith who seemed to be occupied in making another weapon, even though there was clearly enough weapons in the armory to go around.

Sorcha's blue eyes lit up as she touched many of he items she saw up for sale once they were in the armory. Making sure to be careful of the sharp edges on the blades. She might not know anything about this stuff, but she knew a weapon when she saw one.
"How do you make this stuff? What is it even made of? It's not hide or bone" she looked to Akira with curiosity.

"They are made of metal, it is heated up to the point were you can hammer it into the shapes you see before you" say Duncan as he motions towards the weapons and armor

Last edited by a moderator:

"It's something you can find in certain stones, it's melted and molded first before that... The process can be a little tedious, but for the most part, the weapons come out nice." Akira explained further with a little smile gesturing towards the furnace the Blacksmith where was working away with the red hot metals, pouring them into molds, and putting fresh ores into the furnace. It wasn't too common Akira stayed around to watch this sort of thing, but thankfully this wasn't one of the days he'd be needed for any duties as of yet.

Sorcha looked at the crafts of metal completely fascinated by how shiny they were. "neat." Then a tent set up just across the way caught her eye. She quickly looked over as her face lit up. Grabbing her sister's hand she pointed at it. "Look!" With that she pretty much dragged her sister over to the other tent. They were mostly all men's clothes, but they were so different from her own. They didn't even look or feel like hide. Her fingers brushed over the merchandise.

Akira hurried over to Sorcha and her sister just to be safe, he noticed Sorcha's interest in the clothing despite the fact that they were mostly meant for males. "I guess you've never seen silk before... Some of it's wool though, for the colder days." He comments, realizing while they were here, it might be a good idea to get a few clothes "Any of you want one? Despite how it appears, there's ones for female soldiers around in the back." He adds pointing to the area further back where a few assortments of female clothing lay around... There weren't too many female soldiers here in this particular group, but thankfully there were plenty of spare clothes made just in-case they were needed.

Sorcha felt the fabric and it was all so soft. Her clothes took more of a beating, and honestly covered a lot less than these would. She shook her head. "Nah I feel much more comfortable in this." She finally admitted referring to her raggedy old cloth that covered the only parts of her that she felt needed to be covered. In fact she was due for some new clothes, and couldn't wait to make them when she got home. "so how do you make this silk and wool? All of our clothes are made from hides of the animals we prey on."

Status
Not open for further replies.