A new world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akira woke up with a start realizing he had dozed off at some point, his face turned a little red when he realized Sorcha had leaned onto his shoulder when she had dozed off herself. Gently, but firmly, he shook her awake "Hey... I think we've gotta get moving now, Duncan sais it's almost noon." he tells her gently.

Sorcha stirred awake and blushed realizing she had fallen asleep on Akira. "s-sorry about that. I must have dozed off. Well Should we head out then?" She got up and stretched her arms above her head. Then dropped them to her sides.

Akira stood up and stretched, yawning quietly "I guess so... Where should we start looking?" he asks looking out into the still unfamiliar forest outside of this cave, he'd have to make a map of it or something later on... When he's more familiar with the area of course.

"well that depends. Which direction was your camp?" She asked as she put her hand on her hip. Taking a few steps out of the cave she took in a deep breath of the fresh air. The forest was brightly lit with the power of the sun.

"Well... It moves around alot so I'm not sure... Maybe Duncan has a better idea?" Akira suggested, looking towards him, he did say he knew the way before, though perhaps the camp has shifted a little since then...

"Last I was at the camp it was north of here" He said while looking up at the sun to figure out which direction north was in

Sorcha knew just the way to go, and started walking on. "well come on then!" She excitedly went into the forest suddenly feeling full of energy.

"Slow down, its not easy for me to run with forty pounds of armor on me" he declares as he tries and fails to keep pace

Sorcha hears the request from Duncan, and slows her pace. This was exactly why she didn't wear armor. Though it had kept him from getting injured just as she had during that attack last night.

Akira followed as closely behind Sorcha as he could, slowing down his pace as well upon Duncan's request. "You really need to get some lighter armor for trips like these..." He comments walking at a slow enough pace that Duncan could catch up a little.

"I know, some chain mail would do me well" he says panting slightly

Sorcha had not much of a clue as to what chain mail was. She just kept walking along. After about two and a half miles she abruptly stopped. Crouching down on the ground she saw footprints. They were similar to her own, but bigger and probably male. "I think your camp is somewhere near" She bent over and put her ear to the ground and could make out small vibrations knowing they were made by no mere animal.

"They must be on the move then..." Akira said looking towards the direction the footprints pointed, the forest had swallowed up most traces of human activity, but he was almost certain his group was just a small distance away from them somewhere...

"I can't really tell where they are, but I could probably track them. If either of you notice or hear anything let me know." She started to carefully fallow the footsteps in hope they would locate the others soon. They fallowed these tracks for about two more miles before Sorcha could hear people in the distance.

"You guys hear that too? We must be close" Duncan announces as he starts to walk faster through trampled brush

Sorcha kept up with Duncan as they made their way towards the noise. After only a few minutes they reached the camp. Sorcha stared wide eyed never before having seen anything like it! "Oh my-" Their were pointed trees all bound together like some sort of barrier. It surrounded the whole place except where the entrance was. Some of the men had shiny hats, some had copious amounts of armor on and others had only cloth. She looked around in awe.

Akira follows behind closely, spotting the camp at last; they had set up a fort this time. He felt both nervous and relieved to be back with the group. "We'll need to arrange a meeting with our leader... That shouldn't be too hard to do if he's in the right mood." He said, immediately remembering what Sorcha had wanted...

"Yeah, its alright, our captain is a good man, im sure he will be fine with you" he says while spotting the captains tent, which was nearly twice the size of the rest of the tents around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Sorne
Height: 5'2
Body type: Slender, but not gaunt. Like an elf.
Looks:
Snow-Elf-Girl-with-Lion-1.jpg
(Except with long brown hair and green eyes. )

"Dammit" she sighed as she quietly leapt from tree to tree. "Does high alert mean nothing anymore?" She whispered inaudibly to herself as she tracked on. She thought to herself what might have happened, it's been days! Sighing again, she continued in silence until much later on she heard a small commotion not too far away. As she quietly clenched her hand on the bow she always kept on her back while out of combat, she moved a few trees closer and peeked out from the leaves and branches. "Finally" she thought to herself, "but who, and what-" she observed the two men with Sorcha and the barricaded camp close by. From the tree she finally pounced, (not necessarily thinking about the danger it might put her in with these two strangers, though it didn't look like they captured nor hurt Sorcha, they may not take kindly to a stranger leaping from a tree,) and landed on Sorcha, being sure to quickly place and hold a hand over her mouth as she spoke, knowing Sorcha was sometimes startled easily when she was distracted by new things and off guard. "Does 'High Alert' mean nothing to you?" She spoke quietly, not even looking in the others direction. She let go of Sorcha knowing by that time she wouldn't scream as she recognized the voice, "You're a good ranger, I know you haven't lost track of time. Do you have any idea whatsoever how worried I..-we've been? I mean, I know you get curious when things like this happen, but it's been days, Sorcha." She spoke to Sorcha not harshly, but as an extremely worried and frustrated, but loving older sister would. After receiving the comfort in knowing that Sorcha was okay, she finally came down and realized that she was not only standing next to Sorcha, but these two strange men in armors. Quickly she took up arms in the form of daggers (though she prefers the bow, they were in close quarters) and stood in front of Sorcha as if guarding her. She remained quiet due to the loud, bustling camp behind them, "Who are these people? Did you just charge head first /into/ the high alert?" She kept her daggers wielded and ready as she waited for a response- or an attack..

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Not hesitating Duncan drew his sword in one swift motion preparing himself for a fight, he stood still, both hands on his blade "Drop your weapons now miss before i cut them from you" he demanded

Status
Not open for further replies.