A Grand Tale of Magical Girls

Blair seemed a little surprised by that request, and shrugged in response at first, before deciding words might be necessary.
"Even if I knew where any of them are right now, meeting them all might be a little overwhelming".
She explained, since of course meeting a couple dozen clones of someone might be a bit much to take.

Blair's brow furrowed slightly at the lie, sure it was easier than saying she met the girl on the street fighting monsters, but she still didn't like it, a cover story like that would not be easy to maintain for a long term.
She wasn't actually surprised at being refused a place to stay, she was a stranger to the family after all.
What did surprise her was that it seemed Danielle wanted to reveal her secret...
In response all she could do was shrug, this wasn't her choice.

Ugh. So your opinion is not to have an opinion. Great. Danielle had been trying to get Blair to give her some advice, but it seemed she was being left on her own, and her father was starting to get nervous. At least she could prove to him she could handle herself.

"Hey dad, you hear about the new magical girl running around? The one who looks like a dragon?"

"Seen a few things on the news, but don't pay much attention to that. That was always your thing, not mine." A strange look came over his face. "Oh, god. Don't tell me- that's her, isn't it?"

Okay. No turning back now. Danielle decided to go whole hog, and transformed right there in the living room. Her father dropped his jaw in shock, but to his credit, he recovered quite quickly. "Ah. This explains a lot."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've heard you cracking the window open to get in more than once. You're not nearly as sneaky as you think, young lady. You're set on this, aren't you? Being a superhero?"

"I am."

"You always were a stubborn one, Danny. Fine, I can't argue with that- just promise me you'll be careful."

"I'll make that promise, as long as Blair can stay here."

"Outmaneuvered again. Fine, she can stay in the guest room. I'll have to get the sleeping bag out of the attic; it'll take a couple of days to get you a proper bed."

"Yes!" Danielle exuberantly pumped her fist. "Come on, Blair. I'll show you to your new room."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Blair smiled apologetically at her lack of input, she had seen secrets like this elicit terrible reactions, and didn't want to be the cause of a ruined family.
Fortunately her worries were unfounded as her friend's admission seemed to go down well, Blair would have transformed as well, but she was absolutely exhausted and would much prefer to avoid expending any more energy lest she lose consciousness...
Blair followed Danielle upstairs curiously.
"Thanks for this... I haven't slept inside in quite a while".
She admitted.

Blair's new digs were rather spartan. The walls were bare, and a couple of storage bins were the only real things in there. Danielle grabbed a sleeping bag and laid it out for her friend, along with a pillow. "Dad's got a few rules, but not many. Keep your room clean, give him a little respect, and you'll be fine. Now get some sleep, we've got school tomorrow."

The room was still a massive improvement over being on the streets, and leagues above her living conditions before being homeless.
"I am actually used to far stricter rules..."
She said before suddenly realizing what her friend had said.
"Wait... School?! I'm not enrolled in any school... And even if I was, I don't have any ID or even a uniform?"

You've got to be kidding me. Danielle took a seat opposite her mysterious new friend. "Well, you're lucky on the uniform part. Our school doesn't have one. But not being enrolled in a school, in this day and age- Blair, things are failing to pass muster here."

"Tell me the truth. Who are you. and where did you come from? Were you abused, or something like that?"

"That's helpful... I only have one uniform and I doubt it's quite what a school would want".
She admitted, so she apparently had at least one other outfit somewhere.
"And it's not like I'm uneducated alright?".
She defended herself before trying to come up with an answer, the truth was a little unbelievable so she came up with a fake story.
"W..well I ahh, came from something like an orphanage? Where people could come and adopt us... That's why I have so many sisters".

Lucky for Blair, Danielle fell for the fake story. "So, you were waiting to be adopted. That's... rough." Danielle shook her head. "I know what it's like, not having the most stable situation. My mom and dad divorced when I was five. Mom- her head wasn't in the right place, and she needed to get away. Get a fresh start. Don't know if it worked or not, but dad and I have done a pretty good job of things on our own."

"Yes... Though I was actually kind of worried about the kinds of people who wished to adopt us..."
She admitted before smiling faintly.
"I am glad you have a reliable father... I know my mother is around somewhere but we haven't spoken in a long while".
Blair admitted.
Her parentage was confusing to say the least.
She technically had no father, and her mother could be either a tank or a teeanager.

"It can be rough. Tell you what- tomorrow we'll get you registered at the school, and see if we can get you a few extra clothes for around the house." Danielle blew Blair a kiss goodnight, then headed to her own room, thinking about the new friend she had made today.

"Alright then! Tomorrow I shall make my school debut!"
Blair declared, hand on hip as she made a dramatic (and quite comedic to view) pose.
Blushing slightly at the blown kiss, Blair waited until Danielle was gone before undressing and climbing into bed.

The alarm rang, and Danielle smacked it groggily. It seemed that the morning always came too early, especially when she'd spent the night hunting Chimera. She put on a bright pink top and a white skirt, then poked her head in to Blair's room. "Oh, Blair? You up yet?"

Blair had slept better than in as long as she could remember, and stayed asleep far longer than usual, so that the young woman was still asleep in her new bed when Danielle poked her head in, looking incredibly peaceful, and almost like a child... Of course she obviously was NOT a child as anyone who had seen her fight chimera would attest.

Danielle frowned at the still-sleeping Blair. She can't go through life like this. Placing her hand on the other girl's shoulder, she gave a her a good, solid shake. If that didn't get her up and moving, nothing would. "Come on, sleepyhead! Time's a-wasting."

The shake definitely got through to Blair, after all, she was more than a little sensitive to being touched after living outdoors for so long.
"Hah?! Wha... I.. I am awake!"
She declared, falling of bed in her shock and revealing her lack of clothing.

Danny blushed when she saw Blair slept in the nude. "Get yourself dressed, and meet me downstairs, Blair. The bus gets here in half an hour, and we'd better be ready. It's a long walk, otherwise." She turned and headed down, letting Blair have her privacy.

"Yeah, right. Just give me a sec".
Blair replied as she stood up and dressed in her usual uniform esque outfit, as she did not have a proper school uniform yet.
After dressing with as little care about her messy appearance as usual, she headed downstairs to meet Danny.
"Hey, I'm read now".
She declared quietly.

Danielle was waiting for Blair as she came down. They still had some time, so she decided to quickly cook up some eggs and sausage, with enough set aside for Blair if she wanted some. She called out, "Come on, sit down. You can't really function without a good breakfast. Besides, you're probably starving after all that Chimera fighting last night. I know I am."

Blair came down looking like she had slept on the streets though was completely clean.
"True... And this looks so much better than what I usually eat".
Blair declared as she sat down and started eating, trying to eat slowly though she was clearly hungry.

Danielle served up the food with a smile. "Eat up, Blair. Trust me, I'm a pretty good cook."

The redhead sat down, deciding to ask Blair a few questions while she ate. "So, Blair. I know you weren't going to school while you were out on the streets, but when you did go, were you any good at it?"