A Grand Tale of Magical Girls

Blair was an expert at getting out of the way of attacks, or minimizing damage, but she could feel a very familiar weakness coming over her and knew she should end the match quickly, so she made a very risky move and rather than dodge, ducked down and sprang at her opponent, trying to avoid the blade and deliver a strike at the same time.

That did it. Danielle's thrust missed half a hair over Blair's shoulder, and the other girl's tackle took her down to the ground. Underneath someone with super strength, and with her arms having fallen in such a way to leave her unable to defend herself, the redhead was licked. And as much as it hurt her pride to admit, she knew it. "Well played, Blair. You're a tough fighter, that's for sure."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Blair was panting slightly as she lay on top of Danielle, and grinned as she admitted defeat.
"Whew... Well to be honest I don't think I would've lasted too much longer".
She admitted, transforming back as she stood up and offered her fallen colleague a hand.

Danielle transformed back to normal, accepting the other girl's assistance. "Sounds like you've still got some weaknesses. I'll remember that for next time," she said with a smile.

Just then, an ear-splitting noise that sounded like steel tearing came from somewhere off in the distance. "Um... you heard that too, right, Blair?" Danielle asked, her spine shivering a little bit.

"I have quite a few weaknesses, just like anyone".
Blair told her before grinning.
"Next time I'll be ready for a lot of fire".

Blair went stiff as she heard the unnatural sound, there was no way anything from the real world created a noise like that.
"Yeah... You wanna check it out?"
She asked.

"Sure," Danielle commented, though she didn't sound sure. She transformed again, getting herself ready to go. "Er, Blair? Can you fly or something, or do I need to carry you? I think I can, but..."

"Well I can't fly exactly, but I can still get around".
Blair declared, transforming once again and after spending a moment doing what almost seemed like catching her breath she jumped upwards, grabbing hold of a bit of loose brick on a building and launching herself higher.

Danielle flew up about a hundred feet, trying to get a view of what sort of disturbance they were actually heading towards. She didn't get a good picture, but she did see a black wave of something smash into a house. The dragon girl dutifully pointed it out to Blair before flying off in that direction, leaving Blair to catch up.

The Chimera was made of a strangle black goo, rippling and waving in aimless destruction. Danielle saw Blair coming in behind her. "Any ideas?"

Blair was actually managing to keep pace with Danielle, flight was an exceptionally rare ability, so she like most magical girls had learnt other ways to get around quickly.
Once she spotted the creature Blair began trying to create a plan, just about any of her sisters would be better equipped for combat with a giant goo monster.
"Well... I'm not sure what effect physical attacks might have... I have my sword but prefer not to use it too long..."

"Crap. Maybe if I can get rid of the liquid parts, it'll free you up to take care of what's left." Danielle thought for a split second. A lot of her attacks were designed to burn, but she didn't have anything in her arsenal for flash-boiling. She concentrated, willing all the heat in the area onto one specific spot on the Chimera's mass. It was tough, and made all the more so by the fact that she couldn't get the efficiency she would by using her normal abilities, but a three-foot wide chunk of slime sizzled and solidified, making the monster scream in agony. "Hit it there!"

"That could work! It has to have a core or brain or something and if we can expose it I can easily finish the beast!"
Blair declared, as Danielle moved on to the attack.
And after she made a very sizable solid area to hit Blair jumped from the top of the building she was standing on, her fist colliding with the area with explosive force.

Blair's strike vaporized a good chunk of blob, and also a large portion of the street underneath. There was a big, pulsating green mass left in the wake of the blast, clearly analogous to a brain. If Blair struck it there, the monster would be incapacitated, if not outright kill it. "Blair! I'm going to distract it! You take it out!" Danielle flew down at top speed, darting just out of the reach of the monster's strikes. It was a risky game she was playing; hopefully, it would pay off.

For some reason Blair seemed to be having trouble standing, as if she had injured or winded herself somehow, fortunately she was able to recover almost immediately and flew towards target, fist impacting with noticeably less force than usual, but still more than enough to destroy such a weak exposed point.

Blair's punch reduced the strange mass to a pulp, and the monster screeched one final time before dissolving. Danielle was clipped by the final strike, but it didn't do much more than spin her around in mid-air. "Nice shot!" she called to Blair.

The Chimera dissolved, leaving behind a fairly sizable shard. Evidently, it had been somewhat powerful. "Wow. We were lucky to beat it so quick. Mind if I take it?"

Blair as usual had already reverted her form back to civilian clothing and was leaning against a wall as she caught her breath from the quick but nevertheless tiring fight.
"Thanks! But it would have been useless without you burning that massive chunk".
Blair said before nodding.
"Feel free, I still have the last one".

Danielle took the shard in her hands. Truth be told, she'd never done this before, and was wondering what would happen. As the shard dissolved a warming feeling passed through the dragon girl, and she was refreshed almost instantly. She turned back to Blair, a sparkle in her eyes. "I can see why everybody wants more territory to hunt. If I had a few more of these shards in me, I could take over the world!"

"Blair, got to ask you something. Why were you sleeping in that jungle gym? Don't you have a place to stay?"

(I'm not quite back but should be able to post every now and then)
Blair watched as the girl who she had fought with absorbed the shard, she knew how good it felt to absorb a shard, for herself it was one of the most amazing things she ever experienced.
Blair smiled slightly at the comment.
"Yeah, it does tend to feel like that, but trust me, no matter how tough you feel your power has not actually increased by much".

Blair spoke from experience and seemed about to explain before the question was asked, and she found herself blushing with irrational embarrassment.
"Ahh?! W..well I was just taking a nap... And I didn't want it to rain or anything so umm..."
On closer inspection it seemed Blair was still wearing the same clothes as last time they had met.

(Hope things are going better)

Danielle glanced at Blair. "That was the same outfit you were wearing earlier, too." She sighed- yeah, this was probably embarrassing for the girl, but the first step to solving a problem was admitting there was one in the first place. "Listen, Blair. I'm trying to help you. You don't need to do this; there's an extra room at my place. It might take some convincing, I think my dad would welcome you. Besides, I always wanted a sister."

(They are moderately better)

"W..well I like this outfit?..."
Blair almost seemed to question her own excuse, as if she didn't even believe it.
"R...really? Like seriously? You barely know me but you'll give me a place to stay?"
Blair had apparently given up on arguing after hearing the offer and was smiling faintly.
"A sister huh?... Well I have quite a lot of sisters... So at least I'll know what I'm doing".

"Some day, you're going to have to tell me about your family, Blair. They sound like a blast." Danielle nodded at the other girl. "Come on, it's just a few blocks to my house, and my dad's still up. He works night shift, and he says he needs an hour or two to wind down after work."

Danielle's father was indeed still awake when they came home, reading a book in the living room. When the pair came in, he was shocked, to say the least. "Danny, what the hell are you doing out this late? And who's this?"

"Dad, this is Blair. I met her at school, and she's got no place to stay. I was going to offer her the spare room."

Her father shook his head. "Not a chance. I know she's probably a good person, Danny, but I can't have someone in here that I don't know. I have to protect you first."

"Trust me, dad. I can handle myself."

"Really? You've been in a half-dozen fights over the years, Danny, and lost every single one."

Danielle quirked an eyebrow, looking at Blair and wondering if it was okay to share their secret.