A Grand Tale of Magical Girls

Blair ate a bit quicker, nodding in agreement.
"Yeah... You are a REALLY good cook! This stuff is great!"
She declared with a smile.
Blair had sort of expected questions and swallowed her mouthful before replying.
"Oh, I never actually went to school... But I achieved a highschool level education".
She admitted.

Last edited:
Once again, Danielle missed the whole truth for the half-truth. "Homeschooled, huh? That's fine, there's a lot you can learn that way. Still, it's nice to have a formal education. Can't do a lot of science classes at home, for instance."

The sound of a loud horn interrupted Danielle's train of thought. She looked at the clock. Of course, the bus would be early today of all days. "Ugh. Let's go, Blair- unless you want to walk the whole way to school."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Uhh, yes, I guess homeschooled is a good word for it".
Blair agreed, glad her friend hadn't asked specifically what her education was from... She didn't really like lying to this girl.
The bus horn came moments after Blair finished eating and she quickly got up to leave.
"I would prefer the bus... It wouldn't look good to be late on the first day".

Danielle led Blair onto the bus. "I prefer to sit in the back; nobody bothers you." She gave a brunette a dismissive glance. "That's Jenny- she runs the popular girls clique. Stay away from her." Danielle's voice dropped low so only Blair could hear her. "Still, she doesn't know what we do, does she?"

"Ahh... Good idea, I prefer to remain unnoticed as well, it causes nothing but trouble".
Blair agreed, glancing at the mentioned girl for a moment with a distinct lack of interest.
"She does not seem like my type... I will avoid her".
Blair agreed before grinning a little.
"She is completely clueless..."

The bus soon pulled up to the school, and Danielle had to temporarily say goodbye to her friend. "They're going to have you do a lot of paperwork today, but it could be worse. You could have a math test!" she said with a laugh, leading Blair to the secretary's office. "I'll see you for lunch today." Danielle walked off, looking ahead to chatting with Blair again, but for now, class beckoned.

Blair DID indeed have a fair amount of paperwork to complete, and a lot of uncomfortable questions, it seemed the school did not have a magical girl reintegration program just yet, though they were hopefully going to start developing one soon...
At lunch she wandered out and began looking for her new friend, she knew little about school, but anyone could tell that you needed friends... And she needed to warn Danielle about something she had felt.
Meanwhile a woman who looked exactly like Blair except for actually wearing the uniform walked past Danielle, seemingly ignoring her.

Last edited:
Danielle sat down to eat her lunch, and saw a girl who looked a lot like Blair walking by. "Hey, Blair, wanna sit down with me? I see you already got your uniform."

The girl turned and gave her a confused and slightly wary look.
"Who are you? How do you know my name?"
She demanded, before suddenly looking annoyed and walking away, at the same time Blair was walking over still in her casual (and only) set of clothes.

As Blair came over, Danielle's eyes narrowed. She said in a low voice, "Blair, you haven't exactly been honest with me. There was another girl over here not half a minute ago. Looked exactly like you. I could have brushed it off as your identical twin, but she responded when I called her by your name. Tell me the truth; no evasion, no lies. What the fuck is going on here?"

Blair wasn't entirely surprised, she had of course known about the presence of another Blair at the school, but had hoped that Danielle might somehow miss her.
"Ahh, she is in fact like an identical twin, one of many in fact, I think at last check there were about forty of us still active world wide".
She began to say before sighing and taking her hand.
"Not here, I saw an area out of sight".

"Did you just say FORTY?!" Danielle's head spun like a top. There was something big at play here, something she hadn't anticipated. The redhead followed Blair to a secluded corner of the school. "Okay, Blair," she growled, "start talking. Now." Her tone made it very clear, she was angry at her friend for having hidden a huge secret.

Danielle's reaction didn't surprise Blair... She had in fact been expecting it, which was why she had stayed quiet.
"Ahh, well I suppose you were bound to find out eventually... I am sure you know of the war several years ago where magical girls were forced to fight? Well, one side was rather low on girls, and resorted to other means... Like cloning. While not as strong as the original, some of us where deemed as passable".

"I- I need to sit down for a minute." Danielle just plopped herself down, trying to gather her information. "So, you and god-only-knows how many other super-strong magical girls are out there, and you were essentially factory-farmed. I'm in the right ballpark here, correct?"

Blair stayed standing as her friend dealt with the reveal.
"Well that is mostly right, there are a lot of us running around, however, most of us are quite weak... And about half cannot transform at all, each of us has at least one defect... I just seem powerful because I stole something from the original"

"This just keeps getting better and better." Danielle slumped even further- the potential for disaster seemed to be growing by the second, and if she didn't feel a sense of responsibility for the other girl, she'd probably run screaming in the other direction. Curse my need to help people. "Okay, next couple of questions. What is it, and does she know you specifically were the thief?"

Blair herself was ready for Danielle to run away, she wouldn't be the first one, though that was mostly because most people tended to assume she was crazy or something.
The question didn't really surprise her at all and she already had an answer.
"It is that sword like attack I used in our sparring match, it was technically part of her transformation, but I was able to integrate it into my own... And she knows ONE of us stole it, just not the specifics".

"Well, it could be worse." Danielle shrugged, there wasn't really anything she could do about this until and unless this mysterious original made a move. "Wait a minute, you said something earlier about all the clones being flawed. What exactly is this flaw, anyway?"

"Indeed, considering some of the other things she has done, I am quite fortunate".
Blair agreed before nodding slowly.
"Yes, I did say that, the technology was flawed, and that was before they introduced the difficulty of cloning magic, we all ended up with different flaws.
Many of us would tend to die in one way or another after transformation, one girl is completely mindless, and I have much lower power output".

"If you have a much lower power output than the original, I'd hate to meet her in a dark alley." Danielle sighed. "Okay, any other surprises for me, or are we done with that?" The red-haired girl tossed a stray lock onto her shoulders, waiting for Blair's answer.