A Doll's Destiny

(ooc: Yay!)

Clara nodded. "Right, I'll try to remember that," she replied back. She didn't want to hurt her friend by saying anything wrong, but it might come out from time to time considering the way he was. She returned to her stop behind the counter in case any customers were to come in. She didn't want it to appear like you couldn't do her job.

As Clara returned to her post, Aidenreturned to watching videos on her laptop.

A little while later, some more customers came into the store. She helped them get whatever they wanted then checked them out. Most of them really didn't do much when it came to Aiden, but a few of them wanted to talk with him briefly. There was one though that wasn't really sure how to react to him. She probably hadn't really heard of the rumors so the sight of him was new to her. But eventually they got it figured out and things went well.

The day went by smoothly, Aiden doing his best to interact and educate those who were curious about him. Evening arrived fast, and he was now sat in front of the TV, which showed a documentary on kangaroos.

Clara was glad to be done her work day. Although she liked her job, it was still a job and having time to rest tended to be more enjoyable. When they had gotten home, she decided to just rest of the couch while Aiden watched TV. "So, do you like watching these animal documentaries?" she questioned him.

"Yeah, they're interesting, plus I have the chance to learn more about this world," Aiden replied.

Clara nodded. "I agree with you. They are interesting and it's always nice to learn more," she responded. "Do you have a favorite animal yet? And have you seen a documentary on it yet or no?" She was always curious to learn more about him. After all, it was good to learn more about your friend.

"Um...I think I like cheetahs best. They're absolutely beautiful and so fast," Aiden replied. "Then again, I love all animals."

Clara nodded. "They are cool animals with how fast they are," she commented back, but she also understood when he said that he loved all animals. She was very fond of all of them too, and she was sure that there were many others with that same thought. "Have you ever seen a documentary on cheetahs? Is that where you learned about them or did you just hear about them in other ways and haven't gotten to watch anything on them yet?"

"No, I just overheard people talk about them, and I may have watched a little something with some of my patients," Aiden said. "Wonder if Youtube has something on them."

"I'm sure they do. You can always look them up and see," Clara replied. Youtube had practically everything so she wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of documentaries of Cheetahs. She would be more surprised if there wasn't anything at all. "Feel free to see whenever you want." She knew he already had a documentary on TV so she would let him decide when he wanted to look for one about cheetahs.

"Thanks, I'll definitely take a look," Aiden replied.
Once the documentary concluded, the doll switched to Nickelodeon, grinning when it showed a Halloween episode of SpongeBob.

Clara nodded in response to his comment. As he continued to watch TV, she went off to do a few other things around the house. She eventually returned with a book to read and sat back down on the couch. She opened it up and started to read. She could easily read even if there was noise in the background. After all, it was one of her favorite things to do.

As the day turned to night, Aiden watched more Nickelodeon, eventually turning in at a quarter passed eleven. He awoke in a decent mood the next morning, quietly staring out at the mostly clear sky.

Clara read until it was time to make dinner, then she made her food and ate it. She returned to her book for the rest of the night until she went to bed. She woke by the sound of her alarm and got herself ready for work. She came out of her bedroom to head for the kitchen to make some breakfast. "Good morning, Aiden. Got any plans for today?" she asked as she started to make some food.

"Don't know," Aiden sat up and curled the blanket tighter around himself. "Still heard back from any of the places I applied to."

"That happens. You might want to apply for some more today," Clara replied as she continued to cook her food. "It takes time. These places have to go through a lot of resumes so it's definitely expected to take more than a few days. Your best bet is to just continue to apply to other places and wait to see if anyone will contact you."

"I'll definitely consider doing that," Aiden replied.

Clara nodded. She finished making her food and placed it on a plate then sat down so she could eat. "Well, it's your choice what you want to do today," she said in reply. She took a bit of her breakfast and waited to hear a response from him. It appeared to be a nice day which meant if he wanted to, he could do some wandering around town without having to worry about the potential for any rain.

"I think I'll just do some sight seeing," Aiden said, climbing off the sofa and into the chair opposite her.