A Doll's Destiny

"If that's what you want to do," Clara replied. It was up to him. It was his life. She continued to eat her meal until it was all gone, then cleaned everything up so she could start making her lunch. "Just remember to let me know how you're going from time to time so I don't worry about you." She didn't want to interrupt his sight seeing though so she thought for a moment.

"You know what, I'll let you take my cell phone. You can call me at the book store phone. It's in my contacts. So, that way you can check in and I can know you are safe and I won't have to stop you from sight seeing just to return to the book store," she commented.

"You sure? I mean, I'd hate to have something happen to it," Aiden said, appearing slightly uncertain.

"I have confidence that you'll be able to handle it with care," Clara responded. "I putting this responsibility on you, but I think you can handle it. You would have responsibilities on you at a job, so just use this as an example." She figured he would be able to take care of it. It wasn't raining so it would stay dry. He wasn't too far from the ground so if he did happen to drop it, it wouldn't be from a high height. And she felt like he would be able to take care of items properly.

Aiden nodded, smiling broadly. "Thank you so much, Clara. Do you have a little bag I could carry it in?"

"Yeah, I think I can get you something," Clara replied. She finished making her lunch and put that in a container to carry then she went off into her room to find a smaller bag he could use for her phone. She took her phone and put it inside then handed it to him. "Does this work for you?" It had a smaller loop that normally would go around your wrist, but it looked big enough for him to put it over his shoulders or across his chest.

Gently accepting the bagged phone, Aiden carefully slipped it over his head and across his stuffed chest, making sure it was snug. "Yeah, it does. Thanks again, lovely."

Clara smiled. "I'm glad it works," she replied. She gathered the rest of her things so she could head to work. "So, do you want to follow me as I make my way to the book store or are you heading down your own path in the beginning?" She wasn't sure if he wanted her to wait until he was ready to go so they could walk together like they usually did or if he was going to start his own journey from the house this time instead of the store.

"I'll head my own way," Aiden said, heading towards the front door. He reached for the door. His plush fingers just barely reached the doorknob. He turned i, and the door slowly opened. He called over his shoulder, "See you later, and thanks!"
Leaning against the railing, Aiden carefully headed down the porch steps. He sighed once his furry feet landed silently on the driveway and started off to wherever they carried him.

"Alright, bye then," Clara replied. She waited until he had gone to grab the rest of her things and head out to the bookstore. She hoped that he would have a nice time sightseeing and that he wouldn't run into anyone who would give him trouble. When she arrived at the store, she opened it up and got everything ready, but she couldn't help but keep Aiden in her mind in hopes that things would go well for him during his adventures.

Aiden's first stop was a small cafe. He entered, and the host offered him a shocked, perplexed glance, along with some of the paytrons. Ignoring the stares, the doll asked the host, "Hello, what do you serve here?"
Regaining his composure, the curly-haired brunette man cleared his throat. "Um...coffee, sandwiches, sweets, those sorts of things. You thinking of eating here?"
Aiden laughed. "I'm a doll, I can't eat, but thanks. I'm just curious."
The man simply nodded, and Aiden turned to leave. "Have a good one!"
The host stood there, staring after him in disbelief. "Can't be true..."

Meanwhile, Clara was doing the usual while at work. She would help out anyone who needed her attention when a customer came into the bookstore, but when she was free and no one was around, she would entertain herself. Since Aiden wasn't around using her laptop, this time she was using it to pass the time while she waited. She watched some Youtube videos and a few other things as well. Though, she definitely still kept Aiden in mind, hoping his day would go well.

Aiden visited several more shops, greeting the staff and asking about what each had in stock. In general, they were friendly as they informed him. However, those in a clothing store asked him to leave, because they thought him to be a farce.
Standing outside the small shop, he retrieved Clara's phone and dialed her number.

The sound of the phone ringing pulled Clara out of her focus on the video she was watching. She paused it and picked up the phone. "Hello? How many I help you?" she questioned. She knew that there was a possibility of it being Aiden, but since it was still the phone at the bookstore, she had to be a bit more formal just in case it was actually someone else calling. They didn't get calls often, but they sometimes got people asking over the phone if they had certain books so that the people wouldn't have to go all the way to the bookstore just to check.

"Hey, it's me," Aiden began. "Just calling to tell you I'm doing fine, and I'll be on my way there in a bit."

"Ah, Aiden. I'm glad you are doing well. But you're stopping by here? Are you not enjoying your sightseeing trip?" Clara replied back. She wasn't sure why he would want to visit the bookstore since he already knew of it and since he could call her, she didn't quite get why he would want to stop by either. But she would wait to hear his thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, I am. It's just, noon's coing soon, and I'm thinking of stopping for a break is all," he said.

"Ah, I see. That makes sense. Well, I'll see you soon then," Clara replied. She hadn't thought about what time it was or him wanting to take a break from his wandering. He could pick anywhere he wanted, but the bookstore was technically one of the best places if he really didn't want to be bothered by the potential for a bunch of other people to notice him.

"Thanks, dear. See you soon," Aiden disconnected the call and put the phone back in the bag.
Turning about, he started off in the direction of the book store. Once there, he climbed into a chair with a sigh. He grinned. "What's up? Anything new happen?"

Clara hung up the phone and went back to her video until he arrived and joined her in the store. "Not really. Just the usual. Sometimes I have some customers come in and other times I don't. There isn't anything of significance today," she commented. "What about you? Are you enjoying your day so far? Did things go well or did you run into anyone who wasn't all that nice to you?"

"All but one store owner thought I was just some strange prank, but things are going fine overall," Aiden said, content.