A Doll's Destiny

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Well, you know that you are free to do whatever you want, just check in on me so I know you are safe until you can get a cell phone," Clara replied. She wanted to make sure that he was okay and that no one kidnapped him. But she wasn't going to keep him on some leash or plan his day for him. He was always free to do what he wanted.

"I know," Aiden replied. He briefly glanced out the window. "I just hope it doesn't rain. I can handle being damp, but not soaked."

"You can take my umbrella. It's not very heavy. We can make sure you don't get wet," Clara replied. She had options. She could also give him some extra cover with some of her old clothes that she still had. She knew that he was only two feet but she was sure they could make something work that might protect him enough. "Don't worry. We'll figure that out. I don't want you to be worried about rain all the time."

"I think I'll pass on the umbrella for now, but thanks," Aiden said.

"If you are sure, but it could protect you from any rain. Just let me know if you want to use one any time later on," Clara commented. She would let him make his own choice and wouldn't be pushy about it. She ate her breakfast and then cleaned off her dishes once she was done. She stood up and started to make her lunch.

"I'm sure, thanks, love," Aiden climbed off the chair and waited by the front door, hands clasped in front of him.

Clara finished making her lunch and packed it, then grabbed the rest of her stuff. "Let's get going," she commented. She joined Aiden at the front door and opened it up. Once both of them were through, she would lock it up as usual and then start heading down the usual direction to get to the bookstore. A little while later she arrived and she went into the store to get things ready for the day.

Aiden followed her and climbed aboward one of the cushioned chairs, watching Clara work. He might as well let the curious people come to him, he thought.

Clara got to work on putting some new books on the shelves, then once that was done, found her place behind the counter. She waited for customers. It wasn't like she always got a ton of people coming to the store constantly all the time. There was a lot of sitting around when it came to a smaller book store. "Feel free to check out whatever is in the store. I also brought my laptop again."

"Could I use it, please? I could maybe put on some music to liven the place up if you'd like," Aiden replied.

"Sure thing," Clara replied with a smile. She pulled the laptop out of her bag and handed to to Aiden. She reminded him about what her password was so he could get into it. A few minutes later though, some customers arrived. It was a mother with her young son, not even in the double digits age yet.

"Excuse me, is the living doll here? I don't mean to be a bother, but my son heard about him and really wanted to meet him. He keeps going on about him being just like Buzz and Woody, you know, from that movie Toy Story," the mother commented. "I hope it's okay." The little boy already spotted Aiden and really wanted to go over to meet him.

"Yeah, I'm here," Aiden smiled warmly, climbing off the chair and heading towards them with an outstretched hand. To the son, he greeted, "Hi, buddy, what's up?"

The boy light up and took Aiden's hand. He had a large smile on his face. "You are real!" he responded. "Can we play together?" He clearly was very fond of Aiden, without even knowing him yet.

The mother went towards Clara. "Thank you for this. I don't mean to interrupt your business here, but I heard he can be found here often," the mother commented to Clara.

"It's just a bookstore, you are free to come in here whenever you like," Clara replied. "Aiden is always worried about people seeing him the wrong way, so I think this might make him very happy to see a kid so excited to meet him."

The doll gently shook his hand, chuckling warmly. "Sure thing. What you wanna do?"

The boy was even more happy that Aiden agreed to play with him. He then pulled to toy dinosaurs out of his backpack he had. "Let's play with these. You can be the T-Rex. I'll be this one," he said. he handed the toy to Aiden then kept the one which was a velociraptor.

The mother looked over and noticed. "Oh, honey, you don't want to bother him. He might be busy right now," she commented. Clara couldn't answer that, so she left Aiden to respond for himself.

The doll accepted the fake T-rex and gave the mom a reassuring smile. "It's fine. We usually don't get a lot of activity here, so it's nice having a change of pace."
Smile widening into a grin, Aiden emitted a low growl as he slowly brought the toy closer to the boy's.

"Yeah, see momma. It's okay," the boy replied with a smile. He focused back on Aiden and made a roar sound as he played as the other dinosaur. He pretended that they were fighting, but of course he didn't actually attack Aiden's dinosaur all that hard because the kid knew it was just a game.

Clara was glad Aiden got about to experience something like this. It was a lot better than someone treating him negatively or being confused. This kid was just glad to meet him and play with him, which must be something that made Aiden happy. Meanwhile, Clara decided to talk with the mother as Aiden played with the boy.

Laughing, Aiden touched his dinosaur's face to the boy's. "Gonna get you."

"Ah!" The boy said, pretending to have his dinosaur run away from Aiden's, but then return to attack again. This went on for a little while until his mother said they had to leave. He got a bit sad about it. "Can we play again some other time?" he asked Aiden.

"Sure, bud," Aiden handed the toy dinosaur back to him. He held open his arms. "Can I have a hug?"