A Doll's Destiny

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Yeah. I was worried that she was going to want more or something though so I really wanted to be careful. But it seemed like she just wanted to know if you were actually real or not since she had heard about you," Clara replied. She knew that it was always possible for things to go wrong though. It only took one person. "I did mention that if she wanted to meet you herself you are occasionally at the bookstore. I hope that was okay."

"Yeah, so long as it doesn't turn into some fiasco," Aiden replied through another sigh. "I'm fine with curiosity, not paranoia."

"Yeah, me too," Clara commented back. She really didn't want it to go farther than what he already was too. She gave him a smile. "Again, let's not worry about that. Let's just enjoy the evening. I'm going to heat up some leftovers and have some dinner. Feel free to do whatever you want." She stood up and headed for the kitchen to warm up her meal.

"Yeah," Aiden slumped in the seat, switching to a documentary on snow leopards. If people did show up tomorrow or in the near future with questions, he'd do his best to remain calm and friendly.

Clara pulled out the leftovers from the fridge and placed them onto a plate. She stuck it into the microwave and warmed up her meal. Once it was warm enough, she sat down the plate onto the kitchen table and got herself some milk to drink with it. She then sat down and started to eat. She glanced over at Aiden to see what he was watching.

"Whatcha got there, deary?" Aiden asked, gaze remaining on the screen.

"It's just my dinner. Leftovers from the other night," Clara replied. "I see you are watching a show on snow leopards. Their babies are cute, aren't they? Pretty much all animal babies are adorable." She could see the tv from the kitchen so she decided to take glances at it as she was eating. She had seen some documentaries in the past as well.

"Yeah, minus the bugs Aside from them, I love all animals," Aiden said. He let out a little huff. "I should have asked to see some animals when I was at the pet store."

"Well, bugs aren't really animals. They are bugs, so yeah," Clara replied. She took another bite of her food as she heard his comment about seeing some pets while he was at the pet store. She thought for a moment. "Well, you can always go back. Or maybe on the weekend we can go to the zoo. They have tons of animals there, ones you normally can't see around here."

"True, but I think I'll enjoy petting them more," Aiden said. "I haven't been to the zoo, but from what I heard, you only see the animals from a distance."

"That's not always true. There are some sections that let you pet things, but for the most part, you do have to stay at a distance because they are animals that are wild. There is specifically a petting zoo though," Clara replied. "Well, if you ever want to go we can, but I suppose you can just go back to the pet store and check them out there."

"I think I'll start off with the pet store first, then the zoo later. Plus, it's starting to get cold," Aiden remarked.

"That's true," Clara replied. She look over at his body. Could he feel cold? If he did, they could always look for a jacket for him or get one made if they couldn't find him. He was going to have to go outside when it was cold at some points anyway, though it was true that going to somewhere for fun wouldn't be as pleasant when it got more chilly outside.

"In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing," the toy smiled.

"Sounds like a plan to me," Clara replied. She went on to continue her meal and watch the show he had on. She wouldn't mind being able to see some snow leopards in person, but she had no idea if they were even at a zoo or not. They probably needed a cold climate so she wasn't sure how zoos really worked those things out. But at least she got to see the cute babies on the tv. She finished up her dinner a little while later and went to clean the dishes.

The evening went by smoothly, Aiden watching animal documentary and occasionally switching back to cartoons. He went to bed at around eleven, determined to get a good night's rest for the days ahead.

Clara finished the dishes and put them away, then joined Aiden to watch some TV before she went to bed. Once it got late enough, she went to her room and fell asleep fairly quickly. Her alarm went off in the morning, waking her up, and she hit the button to turn it off. She slowly got herself out of bed, got herself ready, and then headed to the kitchen so she could have some breakfast.

Black, plastic eyes slowly opened, blinking to adjust to the light. The stuffed toy slowly pushed himself upright and glanced out at the cloudy morning sky. Sighing, he climbed off the couch and joined Claraat the table, rubbing his eyes. "Mornin'."

"Good morning," Clara responded as she was working on her meal. She finished it shortly after and sat down to eat. She glanced over at him. "So, what are your plans for today?" She had work so after she was reading, she would be going to the bookstore and spending most of her day there.

"Don't know. Maybe spend some time in the bood store, maybe just walk about town," Aiden replied.