A Doll's Destiny

"That's a good choice," Clara commented. She looked away from her phone and to him when he asked her what she was looking at. "I'm thinking of buying some stuff for you, like your own bed. I wanted to know what color of sheets you might want. Plus, I was thinking of a few other things. You're living here now, so we should give you some of your own stuff and make this feel more like your home."

"Awww, thanks, darling," the doll beamed at her. He didn't mind sleeping on the couch, but having his own bed would kick things up a notch. "As far as beds go, I'd love one of those doll beds, but if you can't find it, a regular twin will due."

"I was actually looking through the doll beds. I figured they would be perfect size for you obviously and they aren't as much money. Human beds can get really expensive," she commented back. She was going to buy him some things, but she didn't have unlimited money so she had to pick wisely. She continued to go through to pick the right one for him. "Is there anything else you always wanted to have?"

"Oh, nice," he then frowned in thought. "Um...do they have mini vacuums, so I can help more around here?"

"Mini vacuums? Well, technically no, not necessarily. But they do have handheld vacuums. I'm not sure whether they would work for you or not. We could try it. I'm not sure how much you can really hold and they are technically sized for average sized people to hold them. I'd have to look more into it to see if there was anything else that you could use," Clara replied.

"I'm sure I could manage a handheld vacuum," Aiden said. "And, even though I can't eat, I would love to help you cook."

Alright. I'll see what I can get then," Clara replied. After she picked a bed for him she started to go through the handheld vacuums to see if there was one that was light enough that he might be able to use. She also kept his interest in cooking in mind and found some utensils that would most likely work for him. "We can always add more at another time."

"True, but how do you suppose I use the oven and stove?" the toy asked. He knew he was too small, but he figured accommodations could be made.

"I'm not really sure about that one yet. We'll have to think about it," Clara replied. She couldn't rework her own entire kitchen just because he was small, but they might be able to figure some way that he could use them even though he was small. Maybe she could just get him some sort of step ladder, but then again that didn't really seem the safest. She would have to go through the options and see what could done.

"Yeah. I was think of a chair, but I guess that wouldn't work, considering I'd have to constantly move it. If we can't make it work, guess that's okay," he gave a toothless grin. "Now, about driving..."

"Well, we can give it a try at least. We could just use one we have here and see how it works," Clara replied. It didn't hurt to try. If it worked, then they could use that. If it didn't work, then they would move on to something else. Though she was quite surprised when he mentioned driving. "Driving is going to have to wait. There's a lot more to figure out with that one and technically, you can't without a license. You'd have to get one."

"Yeah, but I wonder if they can modify a car for someone my size," Aiden mused.

"I'm sure it's doable. There are people who are shorter than most and they still drive. I think there's just specific things that have to be done to tweak the car. Though I'm sure that's kind of expensive," Clara replied. Still, he would have to learn how to drive and get a license before he could even drive to begin with. It was a lot of work and she felt like that was something that would have to come later.

"Yeah, but until then, perhaps I could ride around on one of those kiddy bikes? I mean, they've gotta have some for my height," Aiden suggested.

"Yeah, we can get you a bike. That's a lot easier and you don't need a license for that," Clara replied. After she had picked out everything she needed that they had already talked about, she started to look through bike options. "You'll just have to pick one that you like though." She didn't want to make the final decision for him. She would rather him pick it out.

"Okay," switching off the Tv with the remote, Aiden walked to the table and climbed into the chair beside her. "What do they got?"

She was surprised that he wanted to look through them right away. She expected him to want to play more of his game and look through them later. But since he wanted to at that moment, she didn't mind. She waited for him to join her and then showed him her phone and the bikes that were on the list. They had different designs and colors. "So, which one of these do you like the most?" she asked him.

"Thanks," Aiden gently accepted the phone. He scrolled down the list then stopped, giggling. He turned it towards Clara. "Would a blue one with a squeaker horn work? You know, like those you see on those ride around cars?"

"If there's one available and that's what they want, yeah," Clara replied. She didn't see any reason for him not to have it if it was something they could buy. Granted, the horn might get a little annoying at certain times, but at long as he didn't over use it or didn't when she asked him to, then it would be fine.

"I might, since it has a way of letting people know I coming," Aidem said. "'Cause I'm seeing..."
He scrolled a bit further, then back to the bike. "...Not many of these have that."