A Doll's Destiny

Clara watched as he took the stuff out of the box. "Yeah, you'll be able to reach everything," she commented. "So, go ahead and set it up how you want then. And your games are on the table for whenever you are ready to download them." She would let him work on that and would be around for if he needed any assistance. For now, she headed into the kitchen to get something to drink then sat down on the couch.

"Thanks," Aiden smiled.
Tucking the manual under an arm, Aiden carefully picked up the ps5 and placed them in before the television. Following the instructions, he was able to successfully connect it to the side of the TV. The ps5 logo appeared, followed by the logon screen. Frowning, he faced Clara. "Uh...could you help me with this, please?"

Clara looked at the TV screen. "Sure. What do you need help with? Ah, I suppose you have to make an account, right? What does the directions say?" She had never done any of this before so she wasn't quite sure. She assumed if it wanted him to log in, that meant he had to make himself an account. "I'm sure you can make the username and password whatever you want."

"Yeah, but don't these things require an email address?" Aiden asked. "I don't want to use yours...or anyone else's."

"Ah, do they? I've never made a video game account before so I didn't know. I suppose we'll set up an email for you then," Clara replied. She pulled out her phone and brought up gmail so they could make him an account. "What would you like your email to be and your password? They can be anything you want. It can also be something as simple as your name."

"Oh boy..." Aiden frowned in thought. Finally, he said, "[email protected]. My password? M4rshm4ll0w."

"Okay," Clara said as she put in the information he told her. She couldn't help but giggle a little at his choices. They were cute. She put them in and then got the account finished. "Alright. You have your own email, so now you can finish setting up your game account with that email. I have it loaded up here too if you need to check any emails that they system might send you."

"Thanks, honey," Aiden beamed at her, then entered the information, successfully logging in. Skipping the prompt on entering card info, he selected the free section of the Playstation store and downloaded Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. After a moment, the game began. He selected time trial mode and his character, a blue kangaroo in a white straightjacket. Once he chose a track, the race began.

Clara smiled. "You're welcome," she responded back. She took a sip from her drink and put her phone down since it seemed he had gotten in just fine. She leaned back on the couch and watched as he started to play a game he had just downloaded. She wasn't really aware of video games much, but it did seem fun. It appeared to be a racing game with weird looking tracks and special items that could be used.

Aiden ran over a turbo pad, then finished his first, his character cackling. He picked up a powerup, launching three missiles at the racers ahead.

"This is an interesting game," Clara commented before. She was a bit surprised since it had missiles launching at other characters that he would want to play it, but it wasn't really like violence when it was just for a racing game and no character was actually getting hurt. It seemed like it was just knocking them back in the race. She continued to watch him play.

"Yeah," Aiden said. Two of the missiles struck, leaving the racers bouncing and allowing Aiden to pass. "Suckers!"

He seemed to be enjoying himself, which was the point after all. Clara finished off her drink then got up and set the cup on the counter in the kitchen to be dealt with later. Though, she was noticing that she was probably going to have to do some cleaning up soon. Maybe she'll teach Aiden how to do some things too considering he was living there now. She made her way back to the living as the doll continued to play his game.

Aiden completed the final two laps, finishing in fourth place. Sitting back, he grinned. Changing the track to one that seemed to be in underwater tubes, he began yet another race.

Aiden seemed to by enjoying himself, which was what Clara wanted. But as she watched him play the game, it made her think more about him living with her and perhaps needing to add more things that he could call his. She understood that just because he looked small, didn't mean it was a child, but even adults could need some things of their own to make a place feel like their home. He might now have a game console he could play when it wanted, but she figured he would want more. And she couldn't force him to sleep on the couch all the time, so she picked up her phone and started to take a look at a few things on her phone.

Aiden finished the race, this time in fifth. Sighing, he selected another track and started his next race.

She guessed he wasn't as happy about his position this time around, but that just seemed like the way the game was. Would it be really interesting if you always won, and easily at that. Meanwhile, she was still doing some shopping. She knew he didn't need as much stuff as a human did, but she was still looking around for some things like a small bed he could use.

After running into a few seals and falling down a hole in the track, Aiden managed to finish the race in fifth again. Choosing yet another track, the toy initiated another race.

"Aiden, what's your favorite color?" Clara asked. She knew he was busy playing his game, but she was sure he could answer a simple question while he still focused on racing. She continued to scroll through stuff on her phone, but she wanted to get some information for him. She didn't want to go choosing the wrong things.

"Purple," Aiden answered. He paused the game and faced her, squinting. "Watcha looking at?"