A Doll's Destiny

"Um, I think digital versions still can be played on consoles. It's just that you download it onto the console itself and you don't need a dish to be able to play it. You just click the game on a menu," Clara replied. "And the E rating would be for everyone, so you'll probably want to pick those games. M is for mature so those would be more bloody and violent so you probably aren't going to want those."

"I think I'll take the digital kind. Less messy," Aiden said, gesturing to the white console.

Clara nodded. "Yeah, then that means we don't have to have a bunch of games lying around the house. We probably wouldn't have enough room and I wouldn't know where to put them," she commented. She already had too many movies, so trying to find room for video games would be really complicated. She walked around the store with him, letting him check out whatever he wanted to. There was also someone available at the counter if he wanted to get some suggestions and recommendations. She noticed he pointed over to a console. "Are you interested in that one?"

"Yeah. Like I said, it's the digital version," Aiden said.

"You still need the actual console. It's only the games that are digital," Clara replied. He couldn't play anything if he didn't have the machine to be able to play it. But it was true that he might not know that since he was a doll. There was a lot he might not know. "But we can get you that one. Then you can pick out a couple games to play on it."

"No, I meant the one I pointed to is the digital version," Aiden elaborated.

"Only games are digital, Aiden. You need a console to play them on. There is no such thing as a digital console. And all the digital games will play on all the new consoles," Clara replied. She was getting rather confused on what he was talking about. She wasn't quite sure if he was misunderstanding how video games worked, or if she was misunderstanding what he really wanted.

"I guess what I'm saying is, this particular PS5 only allows you to play games digitally, not by disks," he explained once more.

(I was not aware that Playstation actually has an only digital console now. I've never heard of that before.)

"Okay then," Clara replied. "If that's what you want, we'll get that one. Now, do you also want to pick out a few games too." She didn't want to just get the console and then have to come back later for games. So, she wanted him to pick out some of the games he wanted so they could just pay for them along with the console.

(That's okay, I didn't know either.)
"Sure," Aiden browsed through the selection of E-rated games. "Um...I think I'll take that Ratchet and Clank game and Sackboy."

"Okay," Clara replied. She picked the card for the games he wanted. "Anything else?" She wanted to make sure he had what he wanted right now. Of course, it wasn't impossible to eventually come back and get other games, but she wanted to get them if he already had them in mind at that moment. Once they had everything he wanted, she would go buy them for him.

"For now, yes, please," Aiden replied. Besides, he thought, he could probably purchase more on the console.

"Okay," Clara replied. After he picked out everything he wanted she went to the counter and paid for the items. It was a bit expensive considering the console, but she didn't mind. She had the money for it and it seemed to make him happy. He deserved to have something like this that he could play with in his new home. The man behind the counter placed it all into a bad and gave it to her. What was odd though was it seemed like he didn't even care about Aiden at all. She was wondering if perhaps from the man's perspective, Aiden didn't look like a doll at all, but just a child.

"Thank you," Aiden said to the cashier, before turning toward the entrance. "Ready?"

"Yup," Clara replied. She made sure they had everything and left the store with Aiden. "Are you ready to head home now that we have this with us. It would be really stupid to travel around more with something this expensive on us. It could get stolen." She figured it was best to just head back home now that they had something else to carry on them.

"Yeah, I think that sounds good," Aiden said, walking out the store and into the bright afternoon sun.

"Okay, home we go then," Clara replied. She walked with him down the sidewalk, making their way back in the direction that her house was in. Their walk was nice and relaxing, nothing happened to them which was nice. When they got back to the house, Clara unlocked the door and opened it up so they could go through. Once they were both in the house, she closed the door. She then sat the bag down in the living room so they could set up the PS5.

Aiden walked to the middle of the living room and plopped down on the floor. "Okay, so how do we set up this thing?"

"I think it's mostly just plugging it into the TV, but we do have to take everything out of the box first," Clara replied. She pulled the box out of the bag and handed it to him for him to take out. She then placed the two games he got on the table so they would know where it was when they downloaded them. Meanwhile she moved the tv a bit so she could get to the plug-ins on it.

Nodding, Aiden pulled the box open and carefully removed the ps5, gently placing it on the floor in front of the TG, along with the controller and USB charging cable and instruction manual. Opening it to the 'Setup' section, he briefly glanced at the pictures, then at the TV. "I think I might be able to do this. Is the TV at a height where I can access the plugs?"