Zombies, Death, and Crazy People -With Danger

The boys eyes flashed open when Bailey crouched in front of him and he stumbled back, hitting his head on the tree and crying out in shock. He looked up to see Isabella looking down at him from above and cried out again.

"Hia." Isabella said cashually, leaning against the tree and glanced at Bailey.

"Whoa." Bailey blinked. "It's ok. We're not going to hurt you..." He looked up at Isabella. "What's your name? And what are you doing here?"

"Who are you?" The boy demanded, pressing back against the tree. "I'm Matthew! I'm waiting for my dad, he's going to be right back!" He sounded incredibly frightened. "Y-you better stay back! Both of you!" He didn't like the man with the scar or the lady, wishing his father would come back sooner. He had been gone too long already.

Isabella stayed quiet for once, but she took a step back suddenly her eyes wide. "Bailey." She said, her eyes wide.

Bailey was about to answer when Isabella spoke. He looked up at her in alarm. "What?" From the look on her face, Bailey could guess that something was wrong.

"His hand." Was all she said.

The boy looked back at her with wide eyes and shoved his hand in his pocket. "Ain't nothin wrong with it!" He said in a shaky voice.

Bailey grabbed the boys hand before he could, taking a good long look at it. He could already guess what had happened, from both of their reactions.

The boy tried to jerk his hand out of Baileys grip, trying to hide the knarled bite on it. It looked dangrously fresh, but had been cleaned up slightly.
Isabella bit her lip and took a step forward, crouching beside the boy. Her tone was soft again, smooth and honest. "Calm down Matthew, were not going to hurt you ok?" She didn't look at Bailey but rather at the boy and brushed her hair back over her shoulder. "How long has your father been gone?"
"I dont know!" Matthew said and tried to jerk his hand away from Bailey again. "An hour maybe?" He tried to sound tough but his voice was shaking.

Bailey's eyes went cold. He brought out his gun and shot Matthew in the head. Standing, as if that didn't bother him at all, he started walking once again.

The movement was too quick for Isabella to even process what was happening until it was over. She stumbled back in absolute shock and didn't even make a sound as she did but just stared at Matthew. Her eyes wide and absolutely terrified, unable to believe what Bailey had just done. He hadn't even said a word to the kid or her but she did have time to glance at his eyes before he got up. They were cold. It was absolutely horrifying. Isabella didn't get up from the place she had fallen back on, even when Bailey started walking.

"You coming or not?" Bailey called to Isabella, putting his gun back. He knew he had shocked her, but didn't seem care. He did what needed to be done, no matter the cost. One less walker to kill.

Isabella clenched her teeth for a moment before pushing herself off of the ground. Now she really wasn't sure being alone was worse then being with this guy. There were probably still positives, but none came to mind. Only one thought that she couldn't get out or push away. She caught up, her face still slightly pale. "You shot him. Just, shot him." She said quietly.

"He was going to turn. I saved him from that," Bailey said. "You yourself said that it wasn't being eaten that wasn't the problem, but when you get bitten and have to decide whether you kill yourself or let yourself turn. I made that decision for him."

Isabella bit her lip, realising he was right. It was just a kid after all, hardly old enough to make the decision for himself. Right? She shook her head, but it brought another thought to her mind. She remained silent for a moment before asking it. "If you got bit, what would you do? Do you think you would be able to..."

"Yes," Bailey said instantly. "I'd rather be dead than one of those." He looked at her. "If you can't handle what I do, then leave. If you got bitten, what would you do?"

"It depends." Isabella replied almost instantly. "I know if I was with family I would probably run off. They shouldn't have to deal with that. And If I was alone I would-" She stopped talking but didn't slow in her pace. End it, right? She had thought about it more then once of course, it was a simple question with an obvious answer. Being one of those... things wasn't a question. What was however was weather or not she would be able to end it herself. "I don't know." She said finally through clenched teeth. "But that boy back there, you knew him for less then a minuet. Do you think it would be so easy to end your own life? Or take the life of a sibling, partner? How do you know when it finally came down to it you would be able to put a bullet in your head?"

Bailey stopped. Every single muscle in his body was tensed up, and then he turned around. His ice blue eyes held pure fury, and under that there was pain. But it was hard to see, not with the gun in his hand.
"This," he snarled, pointing at his scar, "was caused by my brother. He thought I was turning, and wanted to end it. But I escaped, and then I found out that a walker had gotten into the house and had either bitten or scratched every, single one of my siblings. Those that were in the house. So you know what I did? Rather then let them become monsters and go after me later, I ended it. I killed all of them. Go ahead, call me a fucking cold hearted bastard. But you know what?" He paused.
"They knew what I was going to do. And they didn't stop me. I looked each of them in the eye as I put a goddamned bullet in their brain. I could see their fucking fear, I knew they were terrified but they, and I knew it was for the best. The one sibling I'm looking for now wasn't in the house when this happened. So don't you fucking dare talk to me about family because I don't have one left." Bailey was breathing hard as he turned around, furious with himself for letting it all slip. He didn't speak to her for a very long time afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabella didn't try to talk after that. She walked in silence, but her mind ran angrily. The only reason she did not talk was the assumption that he would probably shoot her. Weren't they going to see his sister? The story didn't make sense. And why had he let this all slip now when he had been so quiet up until that moment. After a long time, Isabella finally spoke through clenched teeth. She didn't expect him to reply or answer. "You are a cold hearted bastard, but what ever right? If that's what it takes to survive." Her tone was noticeably dry. "I couldent. I couldent do it. When my father got bit, I ran away. I guess if that makes you a cold hearted bastard then I am just weak."

Bailey's hand tightened around his gun, but he didn't say anything. Right now, he really just wanted to shop her. To pass the time, Bailey imagined a couple of different ways to kill her.

"But you know, I've never really been on my own so I kinda just focused on that for a while." Isabella continued, not allowing the silence to settle in. "How much further is this town? And what makes you think your sister will be there?" On her mind was a few other things, but she held her tounge on those. She couldn't let the silence fall again, because then she would be forced to think in silence.

"It's a couple of miles." Bailey didn't answer the second question, not in the mood. He wished he could cut out her tongue so she couldn't speak.