Zombie Apocalypse Rp! IC

Should I make this into an individual rp too?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The soldier caught the can as it was tossed at him, and he sprays a message on the door, in big, messy letters. It reads: 'DEATH INSIDE DO NOT OPEN'. He then turned from the door, headed down the hallway, and then down the stairs. He looks around momentarily, before hearing the sobbing coming from the kitchen. He removes his helmet, and approaches Saffron. Surge kneels next to the writer, wrapping an arm around her. He isn't sure what to say in this situation, so he simply holds her, silently, with a grim look on his face.

After a few minutes of crying, Saffron pulled away, wiping her eyes and trying to hide her face from her companion. "S-sorry, Surge. Let's just get the stuff we need and leave." She suggested, voice cracking a bit as she headed for the fridge to see what can be salvaged.

Surge is silent as Saffron pulls away, understanding the trauma such a scene can put on someone. Soldiers didn't come back with PTSD for no reason, after all. He slowly stands, replacing his helmet once his companion speaks a suggestion. "Alright. With that Jeep, we won't need to scavenge for much anyway." He moves to what seems to be a pantry, opening it to reveal a decent stock of canned foods. He begins to move the cans into his pack. "And hey, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you."

She didn't know what to say to that as the writer began to grab some frozen bread out of the freezer and put it in her own pack, along with taking the peanut butter and jelly out of the fridge and some still good vegetables. "Thank you, Surge." Saffron replied, smiling a bit. "And sorry you had to see me like that."

Surge nods, knowingly, grabbing various soups from the panrty and stuffing them in his bag. He doesn't bother with any of the boxed stuff, as that is most likely expired by now. "Don't worry about it. I've seen huge, burly mean break into ugly sobbing after seeing that kind of shit. Nobody's proud of it, but that kind of reaction means that you're still human." He finishes filling his pack with the cans, and zips it up, hauling it onto his back.

Saffron hurled her now slightly heavier bag over her shoulder and headed to the garage, grabbing the key off of the key rack on her way out.

Surge takes his heavy haul out with Saffron, following her to the garage. Once inside, he lets out a whistle. "Damn, with all this gasoline, we could probably go cross-country if we wanted to. Probably not on the agenda anytime soon, though, yeah?" He heads towards the back, placing the pack next to the vehicle. "Once you've got the Jeep started, I'll open the garage door. Then we make a break for it. Sound like a plan?"

With a nod, Saffron unlocked the jeep and climbed in after putting the canisters in the trunk. Luckily, the vehicle already had a full tank and started it up. "Open the garage, soldier boy." She told him.

Surge nods, piling the goods he had obtained into the back of the Jeep next to the canisters of fuel. He then cracks his knuckles, bending over and smashing the lock of the garage with the butt of his rifle, quickly slinging it over his shoulder, and heaving with a grunt of effort. The sheet metal proves to be no match for his cut physique, and the garage door is opened with a loud rattling. Once the door is fully open, he hops into the back of the vehicle, his gun ready. "Hit it!" He cries out to Saffron, bracing for acceleration.

Briar Rose:

'Tatter?' Briar Rose thought. A friend of theirs? Rather a weird name--should we help them?

"Well they could be trustworthy. We should start seeing if others are alive," Ramon said. He didn't seem particularly eager to join the riders in their rush to the rescue. But if 'Tatter' played that flute to warn us... Bystander Effect. I should counter that, Briar Rose thought, trying to summon the will to act. She started to open her mouth, but thought better of it. I can't ask him to get involved if he doesn't want to, that wouldn't be fair.

She laid a finger across her lips to ask Ramon for silence, then started sneaking up the hill.

Tatterdemalion:

"Cut that out!" one of the men said, grabbing her right arm and yanking it, and the flute, away from her lips. Instead of resisting, Tatterdemalion went with the pull and swung around him, spinning around in front as if to lead the party back to their hideout.

"Cannae be a Pied Piper wi'out piping, can I?" she said mischievously, leaning toward the flute and reaching for the mouthpiece with her lips like a horse stretching for an apple just out of its reach. A quick flick of the eyes showed that the men had kept their attention on her. Now their backs were turned to the road. With luck, the Raynes and whoever they were with could get away, and the trogs would never know they were there.

"This one's batshit..."

"Ain't her mind we want her f---FUCK!" Ghillie Suit said.

Tatterdemalion was as surprised as everyone else at the sound of thundering hoofbeats and snapping branches. Before the men could react, two big black horses with a third in tow barrelled through their group, scattering them. A flash of steel, and Mark clapped one of them on the head with the flat of his blade, downing him. "Is this how we treat women now?" He swung again at the head of another who was raising his rifle, but this time the edge bit into bone. A sickening crack and a spray of blood, and the man went down. "Leave her alone, or else!"

The man holding Tatterdemalion let go so he could take his rifle in both hands and raise it toward Mark. She struck the end of his barrel with her flute to spoil his aim, then swung it in the other direction to strike the bridge of his nose. Bone yielded with a crunch, and blood started pouring from his nostrils. "Aaagh, YOU CRAZY MEDIEVAL FUCKS!" he shouted, staggering backwards, then shifted his aim to Tatterdemalion.

"Hey asshole, you just brought a knife to a gunfight," Ghillie Suit said, drawing a bead on Mark, even as Anna's deadly arrowhead lined up on him.

"Aye, but if shootin' starts, which one o' them gets t' be King in your stead?" Tatterdemalion said, giving a pointed look from the arrowhead to the man. As she'd hoped, the camo-painted face tensed with the thought that one or both of his remaining men might open fire, figuring they could take down Bow Lady before she could ready a second shot.

"Hold your fire!" Ghillie Suit ordered.

Briar Rose:

Drawing nearer to the noise, Briar Rose crouched, then carefully belly-crawled to keep from being spotted. Her blood froze when it became apparent that the riders were up against people. With guns. The tension was palpable, the two sides poised on the brink of a battle to the death. What do I do?! she thought, fighting panic as it occurred to her that perhaps Ramon had the right idea by not just jumping into this. Her mind whirled. Shoot at one of the bad guys, and risk starting a massacre? If she even could fire on a person, slingshot vs. rifle didn't sound very smart.

Suddenly, inspiration struck. She reached for a pebble, loaded it into her slingshot at partial draw, then fired into a bush not too far away. Then, another bush. A low shot to send a pebble rolling through some undergrowth. She put down her slingshot and pulled out her fireplace poker, using it to prod at the trunk of a bush while making an imitation zed's growl. Hopefully, if anybody started shooting, they'd aim at the moving bush and not at her...

"Goddammit! Fine, keep your bitch!" the one that looked like Swamp Thing said to the man on horseback. Then, to the other two guys in hunter camo: "Get Ted and Carl, move out!" Briar Rose crab-crawled to the side, then poked a bush as far away as she could reach on the other side of her body. She gave a scratchy moan, pitching her voice lower to try and sound like a different zed, waiting for the hunters to get out of sight.

Mark waited for the men to get out of sight and sound before jumping down and cleaning his sword. He looked towards the bushes to be sure they were not about to be attacked then went to Tatterdemalion "Long time since we saw you Tatter. Been causing a rukus out here? He asked and reached over to clap her shoulder in a friendly manner. He was really glad to see a familiar face besides his sister.

Anna looked back and forth, relaxing her bow but not putting the arrow away as she watched for the men or the moaning walkers that Briar had imitated to show themselves.

Saffron put the car into reverse and punched it, pulling out of the garage with ease. With quick reflexes, she put the jeep into drive and sped off. "Hold onto something!" She yelled, running over a few Z's.

Surge grabs onto the frame of the Jeep with one hand, and holding onto the goods with the other, to make sure that neither him or the supplies hop out of the back of the vehicle. He laughs aloud as the two speed through the suburbs, sometimes dodging zeds, other times running them down. "You got some moves, Saffron!" Once he was sure it was safe to let go of his 'oh-shit-handle', he does so, unslinging his rifle and scoping down to get a better view of the buildings they were rushing past. "Sights like this kinda makes me wish we could return to the old days."

Ramon waited where he was, nodding when Briar told him to be quiet. He kept down, listening to the people fight. Once they ran off screaming, which he heard Briar had a hand in, he stood carefully, and walked over to where she was crouched and making zombie noises. He walked out from the brush, still holding his bat, and his other hand up. "You all okay?" He asked, his mask muffling his words a bit. "We should probably get going. They'll be likely to come back. They've probably decided this was their turf." He told them, nodding to the new woman to the group. "Sun'll be down soon. Should find a place to sleep safely. Should find a house or building with few exits."

Beth followed the man into the house, surprised at how nice everything still looked. A crystal chandelier hung in the stairwell, with magnificent carpeted steps on either side curving up. These people obviously had a lot of money. "We can camp in some of the bedrooms. You can look through my mothers clothes, see if you can find something that fit. She was smaller than you, but she probably had some loose fitting clothes." She nodded to Leigh, looking in the direction he pointed. "Second floor, hall on the right, last door on the left." She started up the stairs, and went to the room instructed. It was gorgeous. It looked as if there was no trouble at all. She quickly started looting around in the dressers and wardrobe, trying to find clean clothes for herself. She ignored the dresses, even though they were absolutely lovely.

After pointing Beth to the direction of the room, Leigh immediately made his way to the basement, where guns were kept. A huge assortment of vintage and rare guns. Also, stocks and stocks of ammo. Wonderful. It would keep them as long as they could survive. He took some rounds, loading his gun back to full capacity. Now he had to find some food. There was likely some small bits of it around, but nothing actually worth eating. Rummaging through the kitchen, he did manage to find a very stale half of a loaf of bread shoved in the back of a cupboard. Most of it was moldy, but some was still good. Hooray preservatives.

Looking out the window a bit at the sights passing by, Saffron could see what he meant by his statement. All of the houses they passed by made her think back to when things weren't so chaotic. She let a small smile slip onto her face as they drove down the road, passing all the houses. "I know what you mean... I kind of miss how everything use to be." She couldn't hold back a small giggle at the thought of her parents and brother all alive way back when. "Just seeing all this makes me think of my family... God, I am not sure if my parents are even alive or not." Saffron's mood turned from happy to worried at the drop of a dime at the thought of her parents. Turning her mind from that, she looked over at her partner from the corner of her eye. "What about you, Surge? Got a family still waiting for you in the apocalypse?"

Surge shakes his head, although with a peaceful smile on his face. "Sadly, no. My parents were just getting to be over the hill when all this started, so they didn't last very long. I had a sister, but she went out fighting, tough bitch that she was. Had a wife, too, and she didn't survive the first couple of days. Wasn't even a biter that got her, she died in one of the many plane crashes that the whole 'apocalypse' thing caused. Glad she went quick, though." He shrugs, somewhat easygoing about the deaths of his relatives. The soldier takes off his helmet, setting it to the side and resting a hand on it, sighing as they leave the suburbs behind. "Well, hopefully one day the apocalypse will end, and we can get back on with our lives, yeah?" He chuckles a bit, leaning back slightly.

"I... guess yeah. That would be something to look forward to, though finding a new profession would be a bit of a pain." Saffron replied, driving away from the suburbs and where they would meet up with that survivor. She couldn't help but take quick glances at her partner and find him extremely attractive when his helmet was off. She shook her head and continued driving, running over a few more Z's because she felt like it.

Surge shrugs with a slight chuckle. "Yeah, can't say there'll be too high of a demand for authors once this all blows over. At least I can find a job as hired muscle or something." He laughs, flashing Saffron a handsome smile. He braces himself in the vehicle as his driver runs over some more of the dead, grunting a bit. Once he's sure no more zombies feel like playing speedbump, he relaxes, cracking his neck and running a hand through his hair.

Saffron could only laugh at seeing discomfort on Surge's face when she purposefully ran over a few of the zombies. "I guess if I can't be an author, I could always be a wandering swordswoman. That is a profession I am good at as well." She states, referring to her current profession with a joking smile. Surge, for all his mysterious charm, was easy to talk to about certain things and made her feel human again.

Surge shrugs slightly in response to Saffron. "I don't think that's a profession as much as it is a lifestyle. I mean, you don't exactly get paid for it. But if you do get paid, hey, more power to you." He turns around, leaning against the back of the Jeep as he looks in the rearview mirror, making eye contact with Saffron from the back of the vehicle. "So, miss wandering swordswoman, what's up with the sword?"

Status
Not open for further replies.