Zombie Apocalypse Rp! IC

Should I make this into an individual rp too?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The armoured man nods in agreement, Re-killing a few corpses on his way out of the alley. "If we don't make it out of the city before nightfall, I've got a flashlight, but I don't think it has much juice left in it. It'd be better to get out of the city first before making camp. Trust me, sleeping under a pile of leaves for camouflage is a lot better than having to sleep with one eye open in some apartment complex." He unslings his rifle as they near the alleyway exit, taking a peek around the corner. He scopes down the street, making sure that at least most of it is clear, and that there are no crowds. He waits a bit for Saffron to catch up in case she was lagging behind, then makes his way out into the street. He keeps as low as his armour will allow him, trying not to attract unwanted attention. "There's a few hills just outside the city limits, they'd make the perfect place to make camp. Then tomorrow we can skirt around the city, and we should be in the town by afternoon. Sound like a plan?"

"Sounds good to me." She states, stabbing on of the undead in the head and pulling her sword out of it and flicking the brain matter off. "Lead the way soldier boy."

"Alrighty, then." Surge continues down the street with Saffron in tow. He plants his blade into the temple of another zombie that happened to be in the way, cleaning the blade off on the ragged clothing on the corpse. He continues down the street until the two reach a freeway, which leads straight to the outskirts.

((Super tired, gonna pass out now, dunno how to close this out))

((I'll close our part down for now. You go pass out dude.))

They traveled for a while on the freeway before finally reaching the outskirts. By then, the sun had begun to set and the sky was becoming dark. With that, they both set up camp in the outskirts, being wary as they went about everything. They had decided to set up a system to where one would keep watch for one part of the night and after a certain time, they would wake the other. It was the best option for now and so, they camped, ever vigilant for any more survivors, scavengers and zombies.

((Timeskip to morning))

Surge, out of his armour for once, woke up with a stretch and a large yawn. He cracks his neck a few times and rolls his right shoulder. He looks over to his pack, which should have his suit inside it, rummaging through it to make sure nobody took his lifeline. Satisfied that nobody took his armour, he begins the long process of putting it on. If one looked him over during this time, they'd see a rather fit figure, almost perfectly chiseled from the years of wearing the heavy suit of armour daily. He looks around while he suits up, searching for Saffron.

Saffron was awake, watching the sunrise and giving Surge privacy to put his armor on. She had taken a peak at his sleeping form when she was on lookout and had to stop the blush from rising to her cheeks. This was not the time nor place for such things. For now, it was all about survival and there was no time for such thoughts. "Morning soldier boy." She greets.

"Good Morning, Saffron. Anything new?" He stretches out as he finishes strapping on his armour, a few barely audible cracks can be heard as he does so. "Man, I haven't gotten a good sleep like that in ages!" Surge hops up on his feet, doing a morning routine to stretch out all the muscles he's going to be using in the day, making sure nothing tensed up too much.

He grabs his helmet, the last piece of his armour he hasn't put on yet, and walks over to Saffron once he's finished with his routine. "So, we'll have to skirt the city north a bit. After about... I'd say an hour and a half-ish, there'll be a small highway, mostly crumbled I'm sure, the leads north and to the west. We'll follow that for a bit, then break off to the east, and we should make it to the town before nightfall. Sound like a plan?"

"Sounds like a plan. Though we may have to hit somewhere to scrounge around for some food." Saffron states, standing up amd stretching. "I couldn't spot anything edible for us to eat."

Surge, at the mention of food, would open up his pack, rummaging around for a few seconds. "Don't worry about that. I found a few cans of food the other day. No clue what's in them, but hopefully it's not dog food." He pulls out two tin cans, still sealed. "I was hoping I'd be able to save these to last much longer, but I guess it's worth sharing, 'specially if we plan on sticking together. So, do we eat now, or can it wait? Because I can wait till noon to eat."

"Keep them for now. We can save them for later." Saffron replies, smiling at him. "Come on, Surge. Let's get out of here."

Surge nods, replacing the cans into his pack, and closing it up. He places it on his back, before slinging his rifle over his shoulder as well. He sets out along the city's outskirts, noting the existence of a suburb between them and the highway. "Hm, maybe we can scavenge while we're in the neighborhood? We'd arrive a bit later than planned, but we might find something of worth in those houses. Whaddaya say?" He scopes down the rifle, checking the complex out from a distance while the two move.

Saffron smirked as she looked around all the suburban homes. It had been years since she had done a breaking and entering. With any luck, they would find a house with a working car and car keys. "Sure. Maybe we could even snag a car from a driveway as well. Save us a walk." She replied.

Surge nods, before strapping his helmet on. He cracks his neck a few times, before beginning the trek towards their destination. "That's assuming if any of them still have gas left in them. It'd take a miracle for that, though, most cars I've come across so far were siphoned clean, and the ones that weren't were in the process of being siphoned. But if we do find one, let's hope for something that's a bit more quiet than a motorcycle." He chuckles to himself, slinging his gun back over his shoulder. He taps the side of his helmet, frowning. "I've been spending years trying to find a solar-powered charger, this suit has some real handy functions when it's powered." He opens up the trip with some small talk.

Saffron rolled her eyes with a smile and looked about, wondering which house to break into first. "Powered stuff is nice but a lot of work to keep them running." She replies, moving some hair out of her face.

Surge shrugged, tapping the side of his helmet for emphasis. "True, but I'd say it's worth the effort. Night-vision never hurts, and it's got a bunch of super handy stuff for travelling around. GPS, assuming the satellites are still functional, Aerial condition monitors, you name it. Pretty handy the first couple of days I had it, but then it ran out of juice. I'm honestly surprised the battery lasted as long as it did, although it might've been due to the fact that I only used the electronic features when I had to. Still, if I find one, why not make use of all my tools, you know?"

Surge tops another hill, scoping down his rifle at the suburban complex, clicking his tongue as he sees the ruined states of some of the houses. "Don't think we'll find much in those houses. Must be some aftermath after the initial military response." He points a couple of buildings to Saffron, the first few of which are half torn apart.

"I see what you mean. Looks like hell hit those houses." Saffron states, looking through her binoculars. She continued to scope out until fjnding some houses still reletively intact. "Maybe we can try our luck with one of those houses?" She asked, pointing out the houses that she spotted.

Surge nods, a grim countenance on his face, although his helmet blacks his expression. He scopes out the houses Saffron mentioned, pondering. One even had a car in front of it, although it was stripped of it's wheels. "Maybe. We probably shouldn't split up, so we'll tackle each house one at a time. It''l be slightly more time consuming, but we can cover eachother's asses, and cover more ground in a single house faster. Should probably start with the garages, and work our way up. If we find an operable car, then there won't be much need to search out the houses." He slings his rifle back over his shoulder, before starting the descent down the hill. "So, which one should we tackle first? The blue one on the left, or the yellow one?"

Saffron looked between the choices they had. The blue one looked like it had a lot to offer and the garage door was partly open, but that meant that the house may have already been raided. The ungodly yellow one seemed like it had been locked down tight, like the owners had gone out for a trip when the apocalypse happened. "How about the yellow one?" She suggested, putting her binoculars away in her bag.

Surge considers it, before nodding. "Mmm, yeah. Looks like it hasn't been raided yet. Guess someone was making sure to spend some of their vacation days. Good choice. The problem is getting in there. Do you know how to pick a pin-and-tumbler lock? Most cookie-cutter houses have pin-and-tumblers." He cracks his knuckles as he talks, a bit of an odd habit he never dropped. "If not, I could probably kick the door in, but that'd cause a huge ruckus which might attract unwanted attention."

Saffron smirked again and walked ahead of her companion. "Of course I do, soldier boy. I had a record in my teens that consisted of breaking and entering and some vandalism." She states, sounding proud of herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.