Zombie Apocalypse Rp! IC

Should I make this into an individual rp too?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"What's up with the sword as in what? Why I have it or why I use it?" Saffron asked, turning her eyes back to the road.

"Well, it's clear as to why you use it: Melee weapons are efficient and silent. I'm asking why you have it." Surge crosses his legs, trying to find a comfortable sitting position as he talks. "A gift? Or did you just find it somewhere?" He unstraps his rifle, and lays it across his lap, making sure the safety is on before he does so. "I mean, most of my stuff has already been explained as 'military hardware'."

"Oh. I got this bad boy from my old dojo before the apocalypse hit. You could say it was a graduation gift from my teacher for becoming a full fledged swordswoman." She aswered, hearing him move around in the back. "It would be easier to get comfy if you weren't wearing all that armor, Surge."

Surge nods, thoughtfully, extending his legs again, still uncomfortable. "I see..." He says, rubbing his chin. He shrugs, though, placing his hands behind his head. "True as that may be, you never know what might happen. I could still need the armour. Besides, Not like I'm wearing much under it, unless that's what you wanna see, of course~?"

A blush spread across her face at his comment and to stop herself from saying something she would regret, Saffron purposely swerved and hit another zombie.

A mischievous grin spreads across his face as he sees Saffron's blush and watches her swerve to his a corpse. He braced for this one, since he was able to see it coming this time. "Oh, so it IS like that, huh?" He chuckles to himself, before overdramatically fanning himself off. "Well, it seems to be getting hot in this suit. Maybe I should just take it off."

"I swear to whatever God is still out there, I will toss you out of this jeep if you start stripping." She warned, blush still very much there on her face.

Surge bursts out laughing at that, unable to contain himself. He doesn't keep it up for very long, however, and heaves a sigh once he's finished. "Alright, alright. I was only teasing, Saffron. Besides, I consider myself to be at least somewhat modest." He wipes away a tear from his eye, leaning back again. "So, you like my body, huh?"

Saffron pouted at his laughing and would have loved to have pushed him out of the car, but she wouldn't. Hearing his question, she turned her eyes back to the road and straightened out her driving. "You are quite attractive to look at, Surge. But I mostly look at the personality than the body of a person." She replied, truth in her voice.

Surge smiled sweetly at Saffron upon hearing her answer. He closes his eyes and nods thoughtfully. "Good answer, Miss Wandering Swordswoman." He leans back, a smile on his face, as he watches the countryside go by. After a while, he looks forward past Saffron at the road. "Ah, there it is. The highway I was talking about earlier. Jammed full of cars, it looks like, but luckily this thing can go offroad. Take a left and follow the highway for a few miles, and it should split off. We'll want to take the Eastern exit to get to that town."

"Alright. You're the boss soldier boy." Saffron states, going the way Surge had told her.

Surge nods, returning to his original sitting position. "Wonder what that girl was going to the town for? She said something about needing to meet someone there, if I remember correctly, but..." He ponders a few moments as the Jeep travels across the somewhat rough terrain alongside the highway. He looks in the direction of the lines of cars forever stopped on the road next to them, and shakes his head, sighing. "City planners should've watched more apocalypse films. That shit is a damn cliché, you know? One evacuation route is never enough."

Saffron only gave a small noise in acknowledgement as she drove, making sure they didn't hit somethat could possibly harm the car and make them walk the rest of the way. "That's their fault for being stupid." She replied.

Surge, albeit somewhat reluctantly, nods in agreement. "Though, I guess nobody can really plan for an apocalypse, ya know?" He shrugs again, before bringing his attention to the rifle in his lap. The weapon was, despite all the wear and tear it sees, is quite well-maintained. He picks it up, ejecting the magazine, and checking how many bullets he has in the cartridge. "Only 20, huh?" He mutters to himself, before replacing the clip and pulling the breech, loading a round in the chamber. He then unstraps his pistol from it's holster, ejecting it's magazine, confirming the ammunition count in it's last clip. "And fifteen in this one..." He reinserts the clip into the gun, pulling the slide back to chamber a round. For some reason, he feels uneasy, and voices his concern to Saffron.

"Something feels off... I can't quite put my finger on it, but my gut is telling me that something's about to go wrong... Could be nothing, but... Just keep an eye out for any trouble, yeah?" He then replaces the gun into its holster, strapping it in, before unsheathing his two knives. The black one that has seen the most use is starting to dull, and Surge makes a mental note to sharpen it up the next time he has a chance, sheathing it and inspecting his other blade. This one, unlike the previous blade, is definitely not standard issue, and hasn't seen much use. He looks at his reflection in the well-polished metal, contemplating it's shine. "I'm gonna have to polish you sometime soon." He speaks to the knife directly, before returning it to it's rightful place in the sheath on his chest. He takes a few glances out the window at the rolling countryside, the sense of unease washing over him.

He narrows his eyes, scanning the nearby hills for anything. "Odd, there's not as many zeds as there should be..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Saffron's eyes scanned the area around them. She hated how things would go all quiet when something was about to happen. She listened to Surge check his equipment, making small comments on each item. Her eyes dropped to her sheathed katana, making mental note to sharpen it the second she gets the chance.

Her eyes moved back to the road and searched around. "Think we are going to run into those scavengers that appear in those zombie shows? You know the ones who pretty much develope the mentality that anything goes in the apocalypse and they can get away with it." Saffron asked him, having already run into those sorts of people when Hell came to earth.

Surge frowns, replacing his helmet just in case. He makes a quick check of his equipment again, before looking around. "Most likely. I've met a few of those types plenty of times before; it's why I'm almost out of ammo." He picks up his rifle from his lap, scoping out the nearby hills, then turning around to scope out the lines of cars on the highway. "They're the kind of idiots who use guns whenever they have a chance, either not knowing or not caring if the noise attracts more of the dead." He scopes back to the hills, his eye twitching slightly as he sees... something move. "...Careful where you drive. They can't be following us on foot, but I think they've got scouts in the hills, might have some way to report to a larger group ahead of us." He frowns as he takes his walkie in one hand, other still on the grip of his rifle. He begins switching through the channels, hoping to catch onto any possible channels they might be using, if they're using any at all.

Tatterdemalion:

Tatterdemalion responded to Mark's friendly touch with an enthusiastic hug. "Each o' mine eyes is jealous o' th' other for th' merry sight it beholds!" she said, looking from Mark to Anna. She pulled away so she could draw her sword and be ready to face the 'ghouls' that had caused the hunters to flee.

Briar Rose:

The bad guys seemed to be gone, but the lady on horseback was scanning the bushes with keen eyes, bow and arrow at the ready. It seemed like a really good idea to stop making zed sounds before she was spotted. "Uh...hello?" she said, then waved her poker in the air like a flag of truce. Since no arrows came hissing her way, she cautiously rose and revealed herself. "The uh, zed noises...that was me...to make them leave," she said, so the others would know they weren't about to be beset by a horde. Then Ramon was there with a warning about impending nightfall.

Tatterdemalion:

Tatterdemalion smiled at the sight of the disheveled little girl dressed in, of all things, a British schoolgirl dress and tweed jacket. Somehow, the sight of a living child seemed to embody hope, the triumph of life over impossible odds. Child ghouls were...hard to face. She always envisioned their last moments of helpless terror before being turned into shambling undeath. But this girl still had bright, intelligent eyes, and if Tatterdemalion had anything to say about it, a full life ahead of her.

Briar Rose:

"I have a house we could go to...well, sort of. It was clear of zeds, and I closed the gate and the doors before I left. There wasn't any food there so I don't think it would have drawn any. But I guess people might have taken it over by now." She felt a kind of dread at the thought of going back there to face the memories it held, but her new friends needed a safe place, and she didn't know of any others.

Surge frowns as he cycles through the radio channels, hoping that it was just him being paranoid. After a few seconds, however, the walkie talkie comes alive with the voices of two people, a male and a female voice. The radio cuts into the middle of something the male was saying: "-ehicle movin' along the highway, north-bound. It ain't one of ours, what do we do 'bout it?" The female responds in quick order. "What does it look like? How many people are in it?" The male responds after a short delay. "Looks like... A blue Jeep. Grand Cherokee, I think. There's a woman drivin', and something big in the back. Can't tell what it is, though. Might be some good loot." A brief pause follows, before the female responds in turn. "Alright. Get your boys mounted up. We can't roadblock them if they aren't on the highway, but we can run them down." "Aye-aye, ma'am." The radio then goes silent.

Surge curses under his breath, pulling up his rifle, scoping out the hills. "Did you catch that, Saffron? We're about to have some trouble headed our way. And it sounds like they've got vehicles of their own. I don't have nearly enough ammo for an extended firefight, but I might be able to take out some tires. Thoughts?" He looks around for a few more seconds, before seeing two vehicles come from the hills: One's a silver Toyota Tundra, and the other is a Jeep Wrangler, drab green. The back of the truck has a few people in it, but the Jeep has tinted windows, so Surge can only see the driver and passenger.

"You still have your wagon?" Mark asked and smiled, also glad to see the child as she rose from the bushes "Thanks kid. I'm Mark, this is my sister Anna and this is our friend Tatterdemalion" He said to introduce everyone around as he and Anna put their weapons away for the moment. He turned back to tatter "Glad to see you made it, if you set up a perimeter then it should be alright. Though I would prefer real fences to keep the horses safe behind. We have had to sleep in shifts since the fair got overrun." He said then paused, remembering their family and friends that had died that day.

Anna put her bow and arrow away, climbing down then looking to Briar and Ramon. "You asked to pet them earlier, do you still want to?" She asked Briar as she held the reins for Elain to keep the mare still. "Don't run up to her though, she will spook if you do." It was a standard warning they always had given the people wanting to pet and see the horses up close even at the fair

Saffron cursed under her breath and sped up the jeep to as fast as it could go. This was not what she had wanted to deal with right now. She looked out the window to see the cars catching up with them. "I can only suggest we try to outrun them as much as we can. If you want, try to shoot out the tires." She suggests, watching as the other cars gain speed on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.