Zombie Apocalypse Rp! IC

Should I make this into an individual rp too?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surge sighs, moving the cargo from the rear of the vehicle to the back seat as fast as he can. "I'm gonna have to open the back hatch if I'm gonna do that." He grunts with effort as he moves the canisters of fuel over the back of the seat, before turning around, positioning himself between the back of the door and saffron, to minimize her chances of being hit by a stray bullet. The radio crackles to life, some new voices coming from it. "Look at this, she thinks she can run from us!" "Yeah, a damn riot. How about we show her how wrong she is?" "You got it!"

Surge grunts with effort as he turns around and shifts his position to a half-kneeling position to help stabilize himself for when he fires. He checks the distance between the two vehicles, before hitting the button to open the hatch. He throws it open, before aiming down the scope at the Wrangler's driver side tire. He fires off a warning shot, to try and dissuade the oncoming enemies. The radio then sounds off once more. "Holy shit, there's a guy back there?" The first voice seems to be belonging to the driver of the Wrangler, as he has a walkie in his hand. The response comes a few seconds later as the driver of the Tundra makes some motions with his arms, and some of the people in the bed of the truck aim and fire at Surge. He cries out in shock as a few bullets hit his armour, and one finds its mark in his abdomen. He then aims with his rifle, shooting out the driver side tire of the Wrangler, making it veer off course before crashing into the guardrails of the highway. He then lines up his shot on the tires of the Tundra, but the driver begins swerving to avoid his shots. "Damnit!"

"Are you alright, Surge?" Saffron asks, swerving from side to side as she tries to avoid as many bullets as possible, though hearing them hit the car a bit but nothing super damaging.

Surge grunts though clenched teeth. "Yeah, took a bullet, but nothing too serious." The truck behind them is still swerving, and with Saffron weaving as well, he can't get a clear shot on the tires. So he goes for the next best thing: their driver. He fires off a few rounds, missing three times, before hitting the man in the shoulder. This sends them veering off to the side before he corrects his course. Surge fires off a few more rounds at the gunners in the back, taking one down, and injuring another. He lines up his crosshairs on the driver again, and pulls the trigger, but his rifle, instead of firing a round, makes an audible click sound. "Shit, I'm out of ammo! Don't think they'll be firing on us anymore, but-"

Surge is cut off as the truck bumps the rear of their car, and he almost goes tumbling forward onto the hood of the truck. He catches himself on the frame, barely holding onto his rifle in the process. "Shit!"

Cursing loudly, Saffron turns the wheel harshly and does a U-turn. Barely scraping past the truck. "Alright. Time to play a bit of chicken. Hang on to something, Surge!" She yelled, cutting the wheel again and speeding towards the truck.

Surge almost loses his footing from the sharp U-turn, hanging on for dear life. He looks back at Saffron as he holds his wound. "Wait, Chicken?! Nobody wins in a game of chicken! The hell are you thinking?" Turning around, desperate to find a grip, he shuts the back hatch and braces himself against the entire back of the car, hoping to hell the two vehicles don't crash horribly. He winces in pain from the wound in his abdomen, but decides to ignore it for now, with much bigger issues at hand. "Just don't wreck the Jeep, please?"

"I got a plan, soldier boy! No scavengers are gonna get us!" Saffron yelled, laughing maniacally as she sped up even more, glaring at the people ahead of her. She always got a rise put of doing something that could take her life. Seeing in a rearview mirror how close that the truck would be to crashing into a devider when she pulled away, made Saffron smile more. "Just a bit more, Surge! Get ready!"

Surge grits his teeth as his entire body tenses up, preparing for impact. He offers a silent prayer to whatever deity that might be listening to keep the two vehicles from crashing, as he shakes his head. "Alright, whatever you're planning, make sure it doesn't involve a head-on collision, yeah?" He keeps his eyes out the front of the car, watching Saffron and her insane plan.

At the very last second, Saffron veered to the side, missing the car but making them collide into a devider at high speed. Even as they turned, the truck still hit. Saffron couldn't help but laugh at seeing them with a caved in side. Her heart was beating so fast, bust she let the car slow down to a good easy speed that was a lot more manageable than the speed she used earlier with the cars.

Surge looks in shock to see how Saffron's bait ended up. The truck ended up smashing against the guardrail, the momentum carrying it over and into the highway proper, flipped on it's back. Needless to say, the few people who were riding in the bed of the truck were now dead, but one could not tell if the driver was alive or not. "Damn, Saffron. That was some nice driving- Agh..." He clutches his wound as it flares in pain from the sudden movement. "Let's get outta here, I wanna patch this up, and we don't know how many of those people are left."

"Right" Saffron replied, heading towards their destination again, hoping to get there before Surge succumbed to his wound.

Surge lays back, sighing. He reaches over the back of the seat and grabs the green bag that he had retrieved from the house. He strips off the upper portion of his armour, which takes a few minutes. After this is finished, he calls out to Saffron. "Hey, pull over for a moment. I need a steady hand for what's about to come next, and I might need an extra pair of hands. You aren't squeamish, are you?" He digs through the bag, pulling out some gauze, some antiseptic, and a roll of medical tape. "Ideally, I'd like to have a fire ready, but this'll have to do for now."

Saffron did as asked, pulling over and parking the car before climbing into the back and looking over at Surge. "What do you need me to do, Surge?" She asked, wanting to be of help any way shs can.

"I might need your help in bandaging the wound if I pass out, because this is going to hurt a lot. Also I'll need you to hold some things for me." He unsheathes his second knife, the silvery one that rarely sees use, and pours the antiseptic over it, disinfecting the blade. He then pours the antiseptic into his wound, grunting from the pain. "There, that should decrease the chances of an infection. Alright."

Last edited by a moderator:
Saffron nodded her head and got ready to help him however she could.

Surge took a few seconds to steady his breathing, the heaving in his bare chest slowing to a calm rate, before he readies his knife. "The bullet's still in the wound, so I'm gonna have to dig it out. If you can, try to get a fire started or something, and find a metal pole or something. That's the first thing you can do. I'm going to have to cauterize the wound for best results." He gives Saffron a wink, before gritting his teeth and going to work. He sticks the knife into the wound, refraining from screaming in pain. Once he hears the blade give off a 'tink' sound to indicate that blade has made contact with the piece of lead, he begins moving the blade around to position the bullet for removal. It is at this point, he can no longer hold back his yelling, but he stays focused as much as he can.

Saffron got to work, leaving the car by opening the hatch and getting a fire sarted just outside. She kept throwing small thinks of paper, twigs and dead grass that she could find into the flames until they had a good solid blaze going. Thank whatever diety there was that she still had a full lighter on hand. She then started looking around the jeep and their surrounding area for a while before hopping over a devider and poling around the abandoned cars until she found a reletively brand new tirer iron and a steel rod in a pick up truck. Smiling, she ran back, only to hear a yell from Surge, making her hurry more. "Surge! I got what you asked for!" She exclaimed, going to his side instantly.

Surge nods. "Alright, stick-stick one end of that into the fire." He stutters a bit, barely able to form words through the pain. He then begins digging the bullet out of the wound, wrenching the knife back and forth, slowly but surely digging the bullet out of the wound. He clenches his teeth hard, before getting the piece of lead out of the wound.

Saffron did as instructed, putting the metal pipe in the fire and letting it heat up. She watched as her companion dug a bit into the wound before getting the little lead piece out. She winced a bit at the sight, never liking the thought of getting shot in any situation.

Surge sighs, laying back as the metal of the tire iron heats up. "Well, here comes the hard part. Saffron, if I pass out during this, I need you to finish cauterizing the wound for me." Once the metal is sufficiently hot enough, he gets up, wincing at the effort, retrieving the tool from the flames. He then quickly returns to his position and sits up as straight as possible, angling himself so that he won't fall anywhere if he goes unconscious. He takes a few deep breaths, bracing himself, before sticking the heated end of the tire iron into his wound. It makes a soft sizzling noise, but it goes unheard under Surge yelling in pain. His arms shake and his eyes go wide as he fights to stay conscious. He grits his teeth hard, working the pipe back and forth, making sure the entire wound is seared shut, before he removes it from the wound, tossing the pipe aside. His arms go limp, and he briefly blacks out, the overwhelming pain sending his mind into shock.

Saffron gasped at seeing what her companion did and climbed into the back with him to pull out bandages from the medical bag they got and starts to bandage him up once the cauterizing process was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.