Zombie Apocalypse Rp! IC

Should I make this into an individual rp too?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surge chuckles slightly before jogging a bit to catch up. "Naughty girl. You're lucky I'm not a cop, I might have to lock you up!" He says, obviously joking. "Alright, I'll cover you while you work on the locks, assuming you've got all that you need to do so." His tone returned to it's normal serious tone. "Hell, if we don't find somewhere safe, this place might work fine. The neighborhood looks a bit awful, but I'm sure the property rates are dead low." Surge makes a bad joke as the two reach the bottom of the hill. He pulls out his knife, seeing a few walkers ahead.

Saffron just rolled her eyes at her companion. Her brother use to make bad jokes as well, so she was already use to them. As they made their to the house, Saffron kept an eye out for anything suspicious.

Surge continued onwards, disposing of any corpses that got too curious, making his way to the yellow house. He bends over, inspecting the lock, trying the doorknob before finding that it too was locked. "Yup, definitely looks pin-and-tumbler. Luckily for us, these people didn't invest in more house security. Well, since you have the key, ladies first." He steps out of the way, extending his arm as if to invite her into the home, the door of which was still locked and closed. He waits for her to get in position, and steps out behind her, looking around, keeping watch for any zombies that might feel a bit peckish. "So, you said you were a writer before this, yeah? What'd you write? Any bestsellers?"

Once at the house, Surge had checked the door before getting out of her way and getting behind her so that she could work. As she began to fiddle with the lock, she heard him ask what sort of books she wrote before the zombies came. "I wrote horror, romance, mystery and erotica. Some of them were pretty good sellers, not the top of the list sort of sellers but still good. I guess you could say I was the best at horror and erotica genres." She replied, telling him the sort of books she wrote just as easily as telling him her favorite color.

The soldier keeps watching for anything that might approach while he listens to Saffron. "Mystery, huh? Sleuth or Suspense?" Surge raises an eyebrow at that last bit, however, although his helmet's visor blocks the view. "Erotica? Do I even want to know what kind?"

He crouches down as he sees a couple roamers, but they haven't noticed him or his companion, so they meander on their way.

"A bit of both." Saffron replied, smiling when she heard the tell-tale click of the lock and hearing Surge's last comment. "No you do not, soldier. Come on, the door is open." She didn't waste any time and opened the door quietly, entering slowly and looking around, only to have her right eye twitch. Dear god the front room was an pastel teal color and the carpet was a bright white. The owners of this home did not know how to decorate.

Surge chuckles slightly, before moving in behind Saffron. "Alrighty. Then I won't ask." He slowly shuts the door behind him to prevent any Z's from sneaking up behind the two of them. He frowns at the inside colouring, sighing. "Y'see, this is the kind of shit that makes people go 'This is why the apocalypse happened.' Even I know this looks horrible, and I'm no interior designer." At that comment, he wipes his boots on the white carpet, dirtying it. "That's a little better."

"Makes me want to go home. I mean dear god, did a little old cat lady live here or what?" Saffron asked, pulling out a can of red spray paint and walks around, spraying the walls a deep red color.

Surge frowns a bit as his partner begins spraying down the walls. "Hey, remember why we're here. We can renovate after we're done, yeah? I'll take the upper floor, you take this one. Check the garage first, though, alright?" He then slowly makes his way to the stairway after waiting for a response, tapping on the walls to draw out any possible corpses.

Saffron nodded and looked around the house, recoiling at finding the kitchen bright pink with white and baby pink checkered countertops and a white linoleum floor. "Someone end my existance...." she muttered before making it to the garage, sword drawn and at rhe ready in case there were any Z's in there.

Surge slowly makes his way up the stairs, still tapping on the walls with the hilt of his knife. He frowns slightly as he hears some muffled groaning in one of the rooms down the hallway to his right. The left catwalk opens up to a horribly placed loft that overlooks the lower hallway and little else. "Ugh, whoever designed this house should be shot, dead or alive." He moves into the hallway, listening carefully for the position of the zombies. It seems to him that the moaning and now thudding is coming from the room at the very end of the hallway.

He checks the first door on the right, opening it slowly, finding what seems to be a child's room. "Probably nothing useful in here" Surge mutters to himself as he shuts the door. He moves to the left door, slowly opening this one in the same fashion. It opens into a bathroom, which grabs his interest. "Hopefully there's a first-aid kit, if not any useful pharmaceuticals." He thinks aloud as he approaches the sink, crouching to open up the doors under it. He rummages around through a good number of hair care products, before coming across a small green backpack with a red cross on it. "An emergency kit, huh? You think they'd take something like this with them if they went on a trip..." He opens it up, rummaging through it, before shrugging and deciding to take the entire thing. He can look through it in detail later. For now, however, something is tugging at the back of his head.

He leaves the bathroom door open as he vacates it, approaching the last door in the hallway, ignoring the other two. He holds his knife at the ready as he slowly reaches for the doorknob...

Saffron, for her part, saw nothing in the garage until she flicked the light on and silently gasped. Inside the garage was a car that looked brand spanking new. From the looks of it, it was a blue jeep grand cherokee. Checking around, she also came across 3 full canisters of gas. Smiling wide, she left the garage and headed upstairs.

Surge slowly turns the doorknob, and once he's sure the door can be opened, he shoves into with all of his force, knocking over the zombie on the other side of the door. He almost gags at the sight inside, let alone the smell. A small body, torn to shreds beyond all recognition, lays at the foot of the bed in a pool of blood. The zombie that Surge had knocked over was gorged, bloated, and covered in what can only be presumed to be the gore from the corpse. His training and instincts take over as he moves forward, and drives his knife into the skull of the creature at his feet. He then moves outside his helmet, quickly unstrapping and removing his helmet, dropping it on the floor and doubling over, trying his hardest not to vomit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing a commotion, Saffron quickened her steps and made it to the top floor. "Surge! What happened? Are you okay?" She asked, running over to him.

Surge holds a hand up, still doubled over. "Physically? I'm fine. But..." He motions to the room behind him, the door still ajar. "I've seen some shit in my day, but... Nothing as bad as this..." He takes a few moments to ensure that he won't vomit before standing up again, picking up his helmet.

Curious, Saffron peeked inside and gasped at the sight. She had seen gruesome thing before and even wrote them for her books. But the sight before her made her gag and come close to vomiting. Quickly turning away, the writer stumbled away before crouching down and heaving.

Surge frowns, grimly. He shakes his head, before putting his helmet back on, moving over and closing the door. He offers Saffron a hand, speaking grimly. "They never left... They locked themselves in, and..." He couldn't even finish the sentence. Slowly shaking his head, he holds up the bag he found earlier. "A-At least I got something out of this place... An Emergency Kit. Gauze, batteries, among other things."

After detering the urge to vomit, Saffron looked up at the hand that was offered to her and took it with her own shaky hand. She looked at the bag in his hand and nodded, standing up with his help. "G-good." She replies, quickly covering her stutter with clearing her throat. "There is a jeep in the garage and 3 full canisters of gas for it." She reported, pulling her hand away and putting on a stoic facade to try and hide her fear at what she had seen. "Might as well gather what food is salvageable and get out of here."

Surge nods in agreement, equally as willing to put this behind him too. "Good, not exactly the most subtle thing, but if it can go offroad, then all the better." He walks over and closes the door. "Can I borrow that can of paint? Gonna save some other unfortunate bastard the sight."

Saffron didn't say anything and just tossed him the spray paint before heading downstairs to be alone. Once in the kitchen, the dam finally broke and the young writer started crying. She had gotten a good look around now and saw the toys and drawings that belonged to the child of the home. Yes it was upsetting that the parents had died, but it was the child that had hit home with the normally smack talking woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.