Zodiac

Feather smiled in her sleep. Feather may looked Starved but she was actually really cute...

Feather woke up in the middle of the night to a loud scratching. She looked around. Gwenn must've gone to bed. Feather slowly got out of her makeshift bed.

Gwenn had noticed the wolves sniffing around below them and was staying very still as she watched them. She wasn't aware of anything the girl was doing at the moment aside from snoring which was troublesome. The wolves could hear it, and she knew they would stay close if it continued.

Feather crept up on Gwenn. "What are they doing?"

"Trying to find you," she said honestly, "They can smell the blood...but can't figure out how your scent disappeared without a trail to follow." She sighed, "hopefully they will give up and move on....otherwise we are stranded up here."

Feather kneeled down and suddenly shadows form around her and became spears. "Should I kill them?"

Gwenn looked over at her and shook her head, "Not unless it's absolutely necessary." She didn't believe in taking more from nature than needed to sustain life and safety. "Who are you?...How did you do that?"

The spears disappear and feather stumbled back with a little nose bleed. "I'm feather and I didn't know that would happen... " Feather flinched when she stood on the leg that had a bite out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwenn furrowed her brows and pressed her lips together in disbelief and introspection. How could you not know something like that would happen? Handing the girl a handkerchief, "Your nose is bleeding. does that happen often?"

She watched as the wolves seemed to lose interest, or caught the scent of something else but they ran off toward the west. "Thank the heavens. I would have helped kill them, but I am glad it was not necessary."

She began gathering her things and stowing them neatly in her pack. She was obviously highly organized by the exactness of her storage. Possibly a bit too organized. Once she felt the wolves were far enough away, she returned her attention back to the girl, "Can you walk?" she asked, "I noticed you see to be in pain. "I can try to make a cot of sorts if you cannot. There is a village about six miles from here. I can get you there at least, to a safe place to rest."

Feather grabbed the kandkerchief and wiped the blood anyway "no I don't get nose bleeds often... And I think I can walk." She lied and something under her cloak moved... But no animals were heard...Her eyes flickered and she tried to hide the things poking out of her shoulders.

Gwenn looked up as if pleading for strength and then leveled a piercing gaze on her, "Do not lie. It serves no purpose." She Stood on the branch where they had been sleeping, and began cutting limbs from the higher branches above. As she had done last night, she wove them into a cot of sorts and created longer ends at the top for her to loop over her shoulders so that she could pull the cot behind her.

She worked quietly for a bit but then when she sat to begin weaving she looked at her, "What are you hiding? Is it the reason you were being chased?"

Feather hung her head and slowly took off her cloak revealing two huge dark black wings that are really scratched up and one even looks broken... "Please don't hurt me... I am not a monster..." Feather stepped back and fell into her back covering her eyes with her arms. She thought Gwenn was going to kill her...

Gwenn shook her head at the girl, "DO I look normal to you?" she asked pointing to her not human and yet not elvin ears. "No sense hiding what you are," she said, "Especially since you appear to be hurting yourself by doing it. Though....maybe the next town is not such a good idea then..." She let out a soft sigh. "we will have to detour and find the old healer. He doesn't judge..." She obviously spoke from experience. "He will heal you...and then you should be able to travel to wherever you were going."

" But I don't have anywhere to go.... I mean no one likes me and they send creatures after me... When are we gonna leave?" Feather's right broken wing twitched and she yelled out in pain as she wrapped the scratched up wing around her body and looked at the feathers.

Gwenn furrowed her brows a bit and tapped her finger to the cot she'd woven. "Where do you want to go then?' she asked, "I am going to the gathering place...at least I hope it is still the gathering place. I only found one map..." She looked back at her, "But I will get you to the healer." she promised. She handed the vine to her again, "Hold onto this..I will lower you back to the ground and we will be on our way."

"Okay." Feather reached over and grabbed the vine, ready to go. "Let's go!"

Gwenn climbed down and then let the vine down little by little. Once the girl was on the ground she pulled the cot down as well and then settled her on it. "I don't know how smooth this will be..so hang on. I intend to move quickly."

She slipped the cot over her shoulder so that only the two ends of it were on the ground and the rest was at a slight angle so that she was sitting and her backside would not be on the ground at all. "Ready?"

" yeah!..." Feathers wings tucked in. ".... Wait... That's my scythe!" Feather points to a purple scythe stuck in the bushes.

Gwenn saw where she motioned to and turned a bit to reach it. "Here..." she said hooking it through the side of the cot, "Maybe it will help you hold on.."

She then began to run at a fairly brisk pace deeper into the forest. Every once in a while she would slow and even stop to rest, or take a drink. But before long she would be going again. It took them three hours but they arrived at a small odd shaped house, of sorts. It was cut into the side of a tree, and protruded out of it. The roof was of moss and rocks and the door, which was not as tall as Gwenn was worn and hanging crookedly.

Gwenn moved to the door and rang the bell that hung there. She knew not to ring it again, because the healer did not like to be bothered, or insulted. He came when he wanted. One ring was enough. She had discovered this , of course, by ringing repeatedly and being faced with an irate healer who refused to help her because of it. Now she knew to wait.

The healer opened the door and looked up at her, "learned patience I see," he said and then brushed past her to the girl on the cot, "You...are careless." He said gruffly looking over her injuries and then turned on his heel and went back inside, closing the door behind him.

Gwenn wanted to roll her eyes but she knew batter. She watched him look and leave. "He will be back. Do not move." She hoped he would anyway...