Your last resort

He looked around the room nervously. He tensed up and didn't know what to say. um...s-sure... he eventually said. He got on the other side of the bed and laid down with her not knowing what to do...he then noticed once again he forgot to put his shirt on. He tensed up even more now.

When Marshall climbed in the bed Emily could tell how nervous he was. At this moment though she didn't care. She was scared and tired and weak and just wanted someone to comfort her. So her laid with him. Laying her head on his bare chest and wrapping one arm around him. This was the first time in a long time she felt safe. She could feel herself falling asleep and before she drifted off she said. "Thank you." Then she was fast asleep

Marshall was frozen. Her arm was around him. He was the happiest guy in the world right now, he just didn't know how to express. He sat there thinking about Emily. After he heard her say thankyou he knew she was asleep, and he finally gathered up the courage to stroke her hair. He was definitely in love with the human girl. He finally smiled and stared up at the ceiling. This is the happiest he's ever been.

Emily opened her eyes and glanced at the clock she had been asleep for two hours. "Are you awake?" She whispered to Marshall.

Um yes I am...c-couldn't sleep hah...he was still very nervous so when he heard her voice he pulled his hand away from her hair quickly. He then became frozen again as he became more and more nervous each second.

Emily gave a sigh. "Please you dont have to be shy. I...when...i feel safe in your arms." She said holding him tighter hiding her face for him not to see.

He was still frozen, his nervous level jumping up quickly. O-ok was the only word he could squeeze out of his throat. Marshall became shocked, for he felt a pulse. It's very rare for a vampire to feel his or her own pulse. He felt his pulse and it was pounding fast. He smiled and stroked her hair a little once again.

Emily was about to fall asleep when her stomach growled. She gave a sigh before getting up. "I should make the kids something to eat." She said before getting up. She glanced once at his chest and then at his eyes. Her lips twitched itching to kiss his lips. She turned away a blush in her face. Clearing her throat she headed to the kitchen.

Marshall relaxed and breathed heavily. He smiled! I love you Emily! Crap did I say that out loud. he seriously hoped she hadn't heard that. He quickly moved his hands to his mouth and covered them tightly. He started getting nervous and froze up again. He couldn't move so he stayed on the bed hoping that if she did here it he loved him the same way.

Emily was at the door when she heard Marshall's words. She turned around with her eyebrows pulled together. "Im sorry...you what?"

N-nothing Emily...nothing at all. he said quickly. I said I love you he repeated in his mind. He let out a sigh of relief and relaxed

Emily gave him a hard stare before slowly turning away. "Did I hear him right? Did he say he loves me?" She thought quietly in her head. With a shrug of her shoulders she headed downstairs. It was around lunch time so she made the kids chicken strips with mac and cheese. She ate a few chicken strips and then drunk some water. After eating she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and then headed back to Marshall. She took a seat in front of him and sighed. "Ok, so it's time you start answering some questions." She said giving him a serious look. "And answering them honestly to."

He sat up and looked at her. Crap...what do you want to know? he grumbled. He was scared of what she would ask and what she would know after this.

Emily closed her eyes and gave a big sigh. "Did you kiss me last night? Where is my family? Are they in the same perdicament as me? Are all the humans in this perdicament?" She stopped herself, she didn't want him to get to overwhelmed with questions. "I'll stop with those for now. If you can answer those truthfully then i'll return the thought and you can ask me whatever you like."

He answered the last ones first. Your family are fine. The other humans didn't have the kind of blood we were looking for. We only captured the purist of blood, and your family isn't one of them... he paused. y-yes...I kissed you last night. I-I'm sorry... he dropped his head.

Emily gave a soft sigh. Relief flooding over her to know her family was safe. Her eyes shot up to meet his when he admitted to kissing her. All this time that she's wanted to kiss him and he freely steals a kiss in her sleep. With a deep sigh she picked up all the courage she could and moved as close as possible to Marshall. Her hand was shaky but she was still able to wrap it around his neck and pull herself closer. Their lips were only an inch apart. "You didn't have to steal a kiss when I was asleep." She said with a shaky voice. It was at that moment she closed her eyes and leaned in so that their lips could touch.

Marshall was a little shocked that she wanted to kiss him this whole time. His eyes were widened, but he eventually closed his eyes and enjoyed the kiss. He hugged her closer as he made the kiss more passionate. She loves me back. She seriously does!

When Marshall hugged his body closer to hers she wrapped her arms around his neck. It took a few secounds for her to process what they were doing. "I'm kissing a vampire." She thought in her head. "I...i'm kissing a vampire!!!" She said once more in her head. It was then that she pulled back abrutly. She was still in his arms and she had to pri her way out of them. "I can't...we can't." She wasn't able to get her words out so she simply stood and walked over to the window. As she gazed out the window she said. "What have I done?" It was meant to be said in her head but she said it outloud for him to hear.

When Emily pulled away, Marshall was confused. Wh-what's wrong. Did I do something wrong? Why can't we be together? he was puzzled at her comments and actions. He sat and stared at her Is she okay? he pondered.

Emily gave him a look that was all different types of emotions. "No. No you didn't do anything wrong at all." She said touching her lips. She shook her head and threw her hand down. "I did something wrong. I lead you on. We can't be together. A human and a vampire." She shook her head in furstration. "Why do you have to be so nice." At this moment she could go for a mean vampire. If he was mean she wouldn't be attracted to him in anyway.