X-Men: New Generation [OOC/Sign-ups] (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww, I wanted to help. haha

Reactions: HufflepuffOwl
@KthuluKhild: I'm shooting for this weekend. It will give the last four peeps time to post a CS. I'm more active on the weekends since I'm free from classes. However, if everyone completed a CS before the weekend, I'll start the preparations early.

All right! Got my second character up early! However, I'm actually going to do a re-haul of my first male character. I'll let you know once I've edited the post so you can reconsider him for acceptance. Thanks! :)

AnnaSophia-Robb.jpg

Rebecca Ann Wake
Nickname: Becca, Mute (derogative)
Codename:
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Mutation: Sound Manipulation, also called Audiokinesis
Description: Becca can shape and manipulate sound, a periodic disturbance of the medium (air, ground, water, etc) that radiates outward in straight lines in the form of a pressure wave. The effect these waves produce upon the ear is perceived as sound. From the point of view of physics, sound is considered to be the waves of vibratory motion themselves, whether or not they are heard by the human ear.

She can mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well as, warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound.

Sub-abilities: Protected Senses
Description: Due to her unique physiology, Rebecca's ears protect her hearing and equilibrium from the effects of sound.

Weaknesses:
  • Sound Manipulation: Requires a medium for sound waves to pass through (her powers don't work in a vacuum). She is currently limited to manipulating sound at a distance of 100 yards.
  • Protected Senses: While her physiology protects her from the effects of sound,, she can still be effected through her other senses, including effects that would cause a disturbance in her equilibrium due to visual stimuli.
  • Mute: Rebecca is incapable of creating vocal noises due to a head injury.
  • Insecurities: Rebecca finds meeting new people extremely stressful and awkward. She becomes frustrated quickly when she has difficulties communicating with people, and avoids environments where it's likely that she'll confront these situations.

Likes: Reading; writing music; creating/playing music; movies; hanging with friends; video games; the guitar and piano; shopping; gymnastics, especially tumbling; drawing; and dancing.

Dislikes: Asshats; arrogant people; jerks; being lied to; Anti-mutant Organizations; spoiled brats; homework; unnecessary violence; music critics; lip-synching; guns; and doctors and hospitals.

Fears: Being helpless, Being hospitalized, Losing another piece of herself.

Personality: Behind the awkwardness and difficulties of communicating with people, Becca is a friendly and social teenage girl who loves music, hanging with friends, and is naturally outgoing. She is playful and flirty, and often smiley. She is mischievous and enjoys playing practical jokes. She is also adventurous, which is only tempered by her loyalty to her friends and sense of responsibility. Becca is very creative, artistic, and tech savvy, but doesn't really see the point in more academic pursuits despite being fairly intelligent.

History: Rebecca was born the only child of David and Janet Wake, an architect and interior designer. Raised on the outskirts of Seattle, Washington, Rebecca had a very normal and happy childhood. She participated in gymnastics, singing, and dance, and seemed to flourish under the spotlight. As she aged, her interests quickly turned to music. She taught herself to play the piano and guitar at age eight, and began writing songs at the age of twelve. Her parents gave her voice lessons and began taking her to karaoke and amateur mic nights.

It was at the age of fifteen that her mutant powers manifested and she began to experience intense headaches, bouts of dizziness and equilibrium loss, and uncontrollable vomiting. Concerned, her parents took her to the hospital where the doctors performed endless tests until they discovered that she had the mutant gene. It wasn't long before a local mutant hate group showed up at the hospital and Rebecca was forced to defend herself with a sonic scream. It was during this fight that she received a blow to the head, which damaged the Broca's area of her left frontal lobe, and left her unconscious for a few days. She woke at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and discovered that she couldn't speak.

Miscellaneous:
  • Ethnicity: She has Danish, English, Irish, Scottish, and Swedish ancestry.
  • Rebecca can understand Spanish, English, and Universal Sign Language. She can read French and Italian.
  • She plays the piano and guitar.
  • She often carries her iPod and has an App on her iPhone which has speech-generating capabilities.
  • Rebecca tends to lean toward trendy clothes, but is most comfortable in tees and jeans.

Height: 5'

Build: Svelte

Last edited by a moderator:
Freya Jane Buxton
"Mutant and proud,"
483981_original.png
481328_original.png
Codename(s): CPU {see-pea-you}
Date of Birth:
28th February 2005
Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Personality
Freya is a magnificent student at the manor, namely because of her desire to learn and hone her abilities. She could be described as the perfect blend of computer nerd and girl-next-door, due to her love of technology and her athletic, upbeat enthusiasm towards everything she does. She will lay her life down to help her close friends and will try her hardest to succeed in all that she attempts, even if the stakes are very high. Truthfully she enjoys the thrill of the danger room and training, especially since she works well as part of a team. Freya is easy to get along with but will not falter in her ideals if she becomes witness to wrong doings or 'mis-uses' of power. She can often be counted on to play pranks on other students as well as a dedicated partner for team exercises; her approachable personality allows her to feel confident speaking to most of the other students, and there is very little that can embarrass her. It has been a goal of Freya's to make the 'A' team of the X-Men and has promised herself that she'll do anything required to get there, though having a nature that is anything but cut-throat, her progress in her Leadership classes is below average; when she should be demonstrating that she can make decisions that benefit the entire team, she is instead choosing tactics that keep the team safe opposed to getting the job done. However, secretly, Freya is pleased with her inability to 'make the hard decisions' because she feels it makes her more human, since anyone with a computer-esque brain would feel a little alienated from humanity.
Mutation
Freya's mutation has granted her with the 'brain' of a supercomputer, in which she has the means to process and remember information similar to the storage capacity of a computer: the mutation is commonly referred too as Cyberpathy, though in this case, she has been dubbed a mutant with Limited Cyberpathy. This is due to the fact that while she can analyse strategies mentally and practice a photographic memory, her brain is still human. Her mind works in the same way as a computer with an unlimited storage capacity, only much faster. Freya's Cyberpathy also allows her to instantly recall specific information with incredible speed and accuracy; and has also granted her with a photographic memory. Below are applications as to how her mutation can be utilized:
  • Memory - Freya's memory is greatly increased in which she can recall objects, people and places easily without the usual needed pause for thought. Some have described her as having a photographic memory or an eidetic memory.
  • Analyse - she is able to analyse the moods and body language of those around her but has yet to completely suss the knack for this out.
  • Hacking - her hacking skills are greatly increased and she has previously hacked into satellites, federal databases, security cameras, GPS trackers, cell phones and computers - though she must use a computer for these tasks. This is not part of her mutation, because Cyberpathy does not increase her intellect - her hacking/computer capabilities are merely natural; but a computer-like brain certainly does help.
  • Muscle Mimic - Freya's incredible memory have proved to be able to recall various fighting styles and other physical feats, allowing her to learn a number of different things very quickly. This is also how she has learnt German, Spanish and French; she is currently attempting to learn Cantonese.
Sub-Ability(ies)
Freya's first sub-ability is that of Electrokinesis. She has the power to throw and manipulate electricity through the palms of her hands, something that took several weeks to control. Before arriving at the institute, Freya had trouble controlling this ability and had accidentally blown up a number of household appliances. The limit of her electrical absorption is currently unknown.

Freya's second ability is her innate knack for knowing the way around a building immediately after entering. Somehow she will just know where all of the exits are, the bathrooms, staircases and even elevators. She has called this ability Blueprinting, because the way she becomes familiar with a building is like reading it off of a blueprint.

Weakness'
  • Periodic Fevers - Freya suffers from periodic fevers after the extensive use of her abilities. This is especially likely after using multiple abilities at the same time for long periods of time.
  • Overloading - Freya still only has a human brain and she must take periodic breaks in order to keep her mind from becoming permanently damaged. It has also been suggested that having the brain of a supercomputer will one day cause Freya to 'snap'.
  • Electricity - Freya has a severe weakness to electricity, in that if she were to be involuntarily shocked or somebody were to 'shock' her, it could prove to be fatal. Any sort of trauma to the head could result in a loss of her abilities and serves as her prime weak spot.
  • Humanity - Freya has all of the vulnerabilities of an ordinary human
History
Freya was born to Margaret and Richard Buxton, two wealthy socialites originating from England. She grew up in a very large house in the English countryside and as a result, never felt connected to her parents -as they were always away- and her only company was the nanny, Paula. Her parents were both financial advisers and thus were forced to travel a lot, often to places where they couldn't take Freya. It wasn't until her teenager years that Freya realised that her parents would never be able to provide her with the love and care she needed, so she opted for leaving home at the age of sixteen and moving from one small town to the next; until she eventually returned.
It was upon her return that Freya discovered that her parents had been murdered, simply because they had gotten into bed with the wrong people. From their death came Freya's inheritance and she decided to travel to America where she had heard of the 'safe-haven' for mutants and its headmaster, Charles Xavier. She has been there for a few months and as well as making a few amazing friends, she's really enjoying her stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hello ladies. XD

Hi Cerulean. :)

Anyone have any suggestions for a codename for my character?

hahah

I just went to the online thesaurus but I found a few good ones.

Accent
Intotation
Audible
Phonic
Frequency

@Mika: Accepted!

Kks! I'll look at him when you're finished. :D

---

@Seeking Calliope: Accepted.

Interesting character! She reminded me of my character Kian in a way.

How about Wavelength? (First name that popped in my head. XD)

---

@Eclipse: I have a few questions before finalizing my decision:

I. Are the applications equivalent to sub-abilities? Or a more detailed explanation of Cyberpathy?
II. Are there more weaknesses to her abilities? (Usually, I don't mind if you used your own format, but there are certain parts needed in the CS. I only saw two or three weaknesses.)

I like your character, but could you add a section dedicated to explaining her weaknesses please? (Separate it entirely instead of combining it with the paragraphs explaining her mutation.)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the suggestions guys.

I think, right now, I like Wavelength, Frequency, and Audible. I was also thinking of Symphony while I was at work.

@Ketsueki - yeah, there are some parallels. Just gives the characters some common ground to work from.

@Seeking Calliope: I have no problem with that, ha. Our characters could relate in a way.

Whoop! *noticed my suggestion in the list* XD

Super helpful! *remembers the American cartoon Chowder* //such a nerd, lol.

Looking at the approved characters' histories, it looks like several have been at the school for a year or two. Can we discuss our character's thoughts concerning other characters, or would you prefer that happen in PMs?

Applications are the different ways in which an ability can be used. Such as having the ability of Telepathy, the applications of that would be:
  • Mind Reading
  • Psychic Communication
  • Telepathic Speaking
  • Persuasion etc.
So no, they aren't sub abilities - I only have one, which is Electrokinesis. :)

I've also made those changes to my cs. ^^

@Eclipse:

So no, they aren't sub abilities - I only have one, which is Electrokinesis. :)

Electrokinesis is a primary ability of it's own, but you're linking it to your previous ability, correct? (In other words, you're making it a sub-ability instead of a second primary ability?)

---

@Seeking Calliope: Feel free to discuss. I don't see a problem with that since two members haven't posted a CS yet.

Yes, her Cyberpathy causes her body to produce an unhealthy amount of electricity which she must release - indirectly becoming electrokinesis. =P

@Eclipse: Kks. I trust you'll maintain appropriate limits on her abilities. Balance is the key.

Accepted.

@Seeking Calliope: Feel free to discuss. I don't see a problem with that since two members haven't posted a CS yet.
Cool!

@Ketsueki – It looks like Kian has been at the school since he was fourteen. Is that right? If so, he would have been there when all the other characters arrived. Reading his personality, it doesn't seem like he'd be the one rolling out the red carpet, but there's been about 2 years for Rebecca and Kian to have built a friendship or understanding, or whatever we decide. Did you have any thoughts in that regard? Rebecca could have just as easily been "just one more kid at the school", or even "that mute girl" until something happened to change that.

With Mi-Yun, there are even more parallels, in my opinion. They're the same age, they're both females, and it looks like they arrived at the school at roughly the same time. Becca is much more of a "girly girl" than Wi-Yun, however, and that could be a reason for the girls to have some conflict. On the other hand, they do share a love/passion for music, which could give them enough in common to get over their differences. It's something to talk about, at least.

@KthuluKhild – Seeing as Anto could be a new arrival at the school, I guess my first question should be: were you planning on him arriving at the beginning of the game or has he been there for a little while?

With Mari, she too could be a new addition to the school, and I'm left with my same question.

@Cyline – I'm unsure how long Katalin has been at the school. Is she new or has she been there for a little while?

@Cerulean – How long has Adam been at the school? Assuming that Adam has been at the school for a little while would Rebecca and Adam have an understanding? He doesn't like being touched but she can't really speak to get his attention. Would he give her a pass if she gently tapped him on the shoulder?

@Mika – From what I gather reading Graham's history, he's been at the school since he was eleven or twelve, which means he was there when Becca arrived. Unlike Kian, he does seem like the type who would go out of his way to try to make newcomers feel welcomed which probably means he ingratiated himself to Becca rather quickly. I admit that I see her having a huge crush on Graham, just tossing it out there.

With Bryony, I think it all depends upon how Bryony acts and behaves around Rebecca. I'm uncertain to how long she's been at the school, or if she's even arrived yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.