X-Men: New Generation [OOC/Sign-ups] (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two characters were planned to be new arrivals, yes.

But an alternate plan was that Anto could have been here for a year or two, just to mix things up a bit.

Well, as long as he sees someone before they touch him there is not a real issue.

However, I could see them working out some sort of code or if she touches him in a unique way so they he knows who it is....it can be just fine I think. =D

But to answer your question, he is been there for a few years. =)

@Seeking Calliope: Kian has great difficulty relying on others and forging friendships. However, it's not impossible. I could imagine the two building a foundation of sorts under two years. Both of them understand each other, but it doesn't mean they have to be close. Good acquaintances? Somewhat friends? Kian can be very reclusive, so I don't picture him approaching her in the beginning. I don't mind if the two became friends. Once someone carved a place in his heart, Kian is very protective.

Mi-Yun is a bitch. That's a perfect way of describing her. However, she can be sweet when she's not ... trying to bash your face in. XD (I love Spitfire characters.) Both of them can connect through music. Perhaps Yun taught her more instruments?

Adam can sing. X-Men Band? lmao

Oh my lanta. That would be a hilarious mini-Arc. Mi-Yun can sing as well, but stopped after she was fifteen. Kian can't, but he could compensate for his knowledge in musical instruments. XD

• Love
Reactions: Cerulean
My two characters were planned to be new arrivals, yes.
But an alternate plan was that Anto could have been here for a year or two, just to mix things up a bit.
Okay. Well, let me know which way you go. Either way, I'm looking forward to writing with you. :)

Well, as long as he sees someone before they touch him there is not a real issue.
However, I could see them working out some sort of code or if she touches him in a unique way so they he knows who it is....it can be just fine I think. =D
But to answer your question, he is been there for a few years. =)
I was really thinking of her more coming up behind him. Without being able to speak, and if she doesn't have her phone, there's no way for her to let him know she's there (unless she claps or something). Not being able to say "excuse me" would require her to gain his attention in another way. What type of touch did you have in mind? I don't know that tickling his neck would be appreciated, but I don't have a full grasp on your character yet.

@Seeking Calliope: Kian has great difficulty relying on others and forging friendships. However, it's not impossible. I could imagine the two building a foundation of sorts under two years. Both of them understand each other, but it doesn't mean they have to be close. Good acquaintances? Somewhat friends? Kian can be very reclusive, so I don't picture him approaching her in the beginning. I don't mind if the two became friends. Once someone carved a place in his heart, Kian is very protective.
Mi-Yun is a bitch. That's a perfect way of describing her. However, she can be sweet when she's not ... trying to bash your face in. XD (I love Spitfire characters.) Both of them can connect through music. Perhaps Yun taught her more instruments?

I'm not suggesting that they be best friends, nor do I really know how big the school is in this AU, but the school has never been so big that the students didn't know each other, even if just in passing. Kian and Rebecca could just have a base understanding for now, and we can see where it goes in game.

With Mi-Yun, I realize she's a spitfire, but reading her bio I didn't get the impression that she was a bully or just a "bitch" for no reason. I also got the impression that most of her angst/anger was directed at males. Teaching Rebecca a new instrument would go a long way in creating a friendship. It could also be a type of rivalry/friendship or just a friendship that doesn't make a lot of sense to anyone else. *shrugs* Just thoughts.

As far as "X-Men Rock Band" Becca could just make everyone sound amazing, regardless of musical talent. :P

A tickle on the back of his neck doesn't sound too abrasive. Though, it might give you more trouble than he is worth. =D

As long as she is gentle in her touch it should be fine.

FINAL EDIT! Hey guys, looks who's back! After some discussion with Kets, I've decided to revive Graham. A few details have changed, and I had to rewrite his bio and personality (because I stupidly deleted my original draft), but I tried to stay true to his original incarnation. :)

Graham Bishop
Mutant and Proud

a7858caf1aea5901507e68a017bdb841.jpg

Nickname: Teddy Graham, Grammy, Gray Ham (because he’s British, he pronounces his name “GRAY-am,” like a diphthong), which has led to Hammy and, his favorite, Hamster
Codename: Bones
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutation
Primary: Pain, disease, and illness transferal
Graham can, with a simple touch, remove infectious agents, debilitating tumors, pain, and almost any other physical discomfort. He acts as a vessel until he can release the ailments into another living organism, or else they will stay in his system.

Secondary: Produces nitrous oxide (laughing gas); enhanced healing and increased threshold for pain
Naturally, Graham exhales a diluted inhalational anesthetic that puts people in a heavenly state of relaxation. People in close proximity may also become dazed and loopy. Should he breathe directly in someone’s face, he might render the person unconscious.

Limitations:
  • Can only absorb as much pain and disease as she can withstand physically and biologically. He cannot therefore cure extreme cases of pain or illness in one fell swoop. If he doesn’t dispatch the disease within 1 hour, he may become ill himself.
  • Cannot transfer any disease, illness or pain he independently picks up or experiences.
  • Cannot cure someone who is too unhealthy – certain cancers, diseases which may have destroyed one or more vital organs, etc. – but can make them comfortable.
  • Needs to have another organism into which he can transfer any ailments he leeches from others. Plants do not have the same stamina as humans, but he’d rather not infect animals or other people, so he ends up killing lots of greenery. For “big operations,” he’d need whole a greenhouse full of trees to fully cure one person.
  • General skin-on-skin contact will transfer pain. If an injured or ill person were simply to touch Graham, he’d instantly begin to absorb their affliction.
Personality
Not one to make waves, Graham sticks to the politically correct side of life. Raised to believe in good manners and courtesy – kind people are born of kind action, after all – he has grown into something of a modern gentleman. He holds doors open for strangers, helps old folks cross the street, stops to pet passing dogs and chat with their owners, and loves kids. Playing make-believe is one of his favorite childhood pastimes – an interest that blossomed into a love of theatre. Being a team player, he fully embraces the camaraderie of drama life, and becomes energized knowing that he’s part of an enormous collaborative effort. But Graham has never been center stage, or anywhere on stage, for that matter. He is strictly a behind-the-scenes man, specializing in lighting and sound. His time spent working on school and local city productions has shaped him into a gregarious and affable young man. A firm practitioner of giving others the benefit of the doubt, Graham is relatively more trusting than the average teenager (or person, for that matter), but his relentless optimism often outshines any fear of potential betrayal. Though Graham doesn’t act, he enjoys singing, plunking out a jazzy tune on the piano, and strumming feel-good songs on his acoustic guitar. His dancing, however, is atrocious.

History
Graham was raised by Alice Bishop, a widow who never remarried. Her resilience and tenacity in the face of tragedy are traits Graham deeply admires in his mother. Since his father’s untimely death (explained to him then as an accident, but later revealed to be a mutant-related affliction), Graham and his mum have lived a relatively quiet, peaceful life in a modest cottage.

At age fifteen, while Graham was beginning to prepare for his GCSE’s, his X-gene activated. While working at a local children’s hospital, he visited a young girl with an uncommon disease. He tried to make her laugh, cheer her up with a song, and prod her about her interests but the poor thing just wasn’t feeling up to any of it. So Graham settled on holding her hand. Within seconds his brow was soaked with sweat. He felt nauseated, feverish, and dizzy. He thought he’d suddenly come down with something (weirder things have happened), and he better leave before passing it on to his patient. Disoriented, Graham did not notice the girl’s remarkable recovery – the flush in her cheeks and the twinkle in her eye – as he rushed out the room. Once punched out, and en route to the nearest bus stop, Graham paused to rest against an old tree. He placed his hand against the trunk, exhaled, and felt remarkably better. Where he’d touched the tree, though, a sickly black spot had formed.

Another few months had passed, along with various other odd occurrences (like how people became oddly giddy in his presence), before Graham confessed his concerns to his mother. It was at this time that she explained the true circumstances for his father’s death. Not long after, and once his mutant gene was confirmed, Graham was recruited to join Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters. In the three years that he’s been there, he’s since made some strong friendships, learned better to cope with his abilities, and started getting involved in the community again.

Miscellaneous
Ethnicity: English, Welsh, Greek
Height: 5’9”
Build: Lean, slightly toned
Hometown: Guildford, Surrey, England

“Nice guys get the girl, too, right?”

Asheem Agarwal
Mutant and Proud

3e22208c4ca380cb79353236e1c5fe37.jpg

Nickname: Ash
Codename: Bolt
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutation
Primary: Super-speed
Ash is fast. Really fast. He could break the sound barrier in his sneakers, but settles for outstripping a Ferrari on foot.

Secondary: Enhanced stamina, perception, and reflexes
Essentially, Ash’s biological and mental processes are as quick as his physical ones.

Limitations:
  • Laws of physics apply – the faster he goes, the longer it takes for him to stop. If Ash decelerates too quickly, he risks extreme whiplash, dislocation, fractures, muscle tears, and various other injuries (most of which will be serious).
  • When he’s running low on energy, he can’t use his abilities. In order to move and think at superhuman speeds, Ash needs to consume an obscene amount of calories, but on a student’s budget that’s not exactly an option.
  • General agility is great, but when it comes to tight corners and spaces, Ash’s maneuverability is clumsy and (typically painful) at best.

Personality
Ash is a happy-go-lucky, try-anything-once, spur-of-the-moment adrenaline junkie. One minute he’s cliff diving in Hawaii; the next he’s para jumping in Switzerland. Did I mention he loves to travel? Born with an insatiable wanderlust and sense of wonder, Ash is not content to stay in. He doesn’t want to use his imagination; he wants to experience things in the flesh, inhale the unique scent of a new city, listen to the music and language of unfamiliar cultures, and, most importantly, savor the local cuisine. (Fun fact: Ash is quite the cook). Though technically an adult, Ash is a kid at heart. He smiles easily, laughs often, and loves turning any activity (including chores) into games. Spontaneous dance party, anyone?

History
Ash grew up the youngest of three, in a warm, loving, and supportive suburban family. The Agarwals have game night every Wednesday, deliver baked goods to their neighbors during the holidays (or just because), and are active within their community – cleaning up parks, volunteering for school functions, things of that nature. Their house is always open, and from this lifestyle, Ash has learned an important lesson in generosity: it just feels good to give.

When Ash began middle school, his superhuman reflexes began to kick in. As a young athlete, at first he thought he was only improving. But his record-breaking speeds proved otherwise. Though each talented in their own right, none of his siblings seemed to have abilities you might consider extraordinary. Worried that something was wrong, Ash tried to learn about his condition, but to no avail. As an eleven-year old, he wasn’t too familiar with using research databases. Fortunately, a year later, he was recruited to attend Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters where he's gained a reputation for being an incorrigible prankster.

Miscellaneous
Ethnicity: Indian
Height: 6’1”
Build: Lanky
Hometown: San Francisco, California

“Let's go on an adventure!"

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mika: Both are accepted.

When you have the time, please delete your previous characters.

*mourns the loss of Graham only because he was hoping they could be bros*

Aw, I missed sign ups. :( Well, if you ever open a spot, let me know.

Kks! I'll make sure to write you down for future reference. If someone dropped out, you'll be the first candidate!

Thanks! I hope everything goes well and no one drops out, but at the same time, you know. ^_^

A tickle on the back of his neck doesn't sound too abrasive. Though, it might give you more trouble than he is worth. =D
As long as she is gentle in her touch it should be fine.
What trouble are you talking about!? :P Gentle touch, check. I kind of see Rebecca as the gentle sort.

@Ketsueki - any further thoughts on anything I commented upon? Also, will there be NPC students at the school or is it just going to be the PCs? How big is the student population currently?

@Mika - Glad Graham is back, and I think Rebecca will still be silently crushing on him. Ash seems like he'll be fun, and I can see Rebecca getting into some prank wars with him, and possibly teaming up to prank one of the X-Men or teachers. >.> Plus, if he ever wanted to speed her off to speed her off to some concert, she wouldn't say a word in protest. :P Somethings to talk about, if you want.

@Eclipse - did you want to discuss any connections between Rebecca and Freya? I'm not sure if you got my reply to your message. :)

Also, just throwing it out there, people need to post their CS's so we can get an IC up. :-D

Lets just say he likes it when girls touch his neck. hahaha

@Seeking Calliope: Yes. There will be a lot of NPC(s). I think the population would be pretty big around the ending of Days of Future Past. (I don't got an actual estimate.) However, we would mainly focus on PC(s) and use NPC(s) for certain scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.