X-Men: New Generation [OOC/Sign-ups] (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to organize the students so far based on seniority (when they arrived at the school) and their current ages. I figured organizing them would help us all figure out which characters know each other versus which only know of each other.

Here is a brief timeline of seniority:

Kian - age 14
Katalin - age 11
Ash - age 12

Adam - age 16
Graham - age 15
Becca - age 15

Mi-Yun - age 15

Anton - age 18
Mari - age 16
Freya - age 18
And here is a list of students grouped by age:

16-year olds
Katalin
Mari

17-year olds
Mi-Yun
Ash

18-year olds
Anton
Becca
Graham
Freya

19-year olds
Kian
Adam​

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, sorry, I didn't even make the connection. Her DOB is assuming the year is 2014. I can change that easily, but yes, she'll be 18. :)

@Seeking Calliope - Becca and Freya could be friends? I can imagine Freya using her Cyberpathy to read Becca's lips easily, having made their meeting less uncomfortable/awkward for her? :)

@Mika: I was thinking about setting the RP in present 2023. (Honestly, I forgot what year, but I knew the time was set in the future, ha. Thanks for the reminder!) Not much would change, except the rise in technology. It wouldn't be super advanced, but a little better than now, y'know?

I changed Freya's DOB to 2005. :)

Also, I've never been in an X-Men role-play that progressed to the Danger Room. So I'm really looking forward to a training session/class xD

@кετรยεкí Indeed! Technology that includes floating wheel chairs and all. ;) 2023 sounds good - I'll edit the timeline accordingly.

@Eclipse Right on! And when does she start at the school?

I've added in that she arrived a few months ago, :)

Guys, sorry I haven't been active in the casual chat or plotting, my mind has been elsewhere as of late! I'll include myself more from here on out. :3

Reactions: Mika
I want to start the RP soon, so Saturday will be the deadline. After everyone posts a CS, I'll create the IC thread. If our two last members fail to create a CS by Saturday, I'll start the RP without them.

@Mika - I think I caused some confusion, but Becca would have been at the school before she turned 16, probably by 4-6 months. When I was talking to everyone earlier I was still thinking that I had kept Becca at 17 (the age I had original considered), but I changed that because I'm not all that comfortable with playing under-aged characters. *shrugs* I don't know if you want to change that on the timeline or not. (Thanks by the way, that visual is super helpful).

I think that may only change things with Mi-Yun, and I'm not sure that it really changes things that much.

@Eclipse - yes, Freya and Rebecca could be friends, if you wanted. With Freya's ability, she could probably tweak Rebecca's phone (or whatever futuristic device she's using to communicate) to make it more efficient, or something (with GM approval, of course.)

@Cerulean - Neck = erogenous zone, check! :P

Reactions: Cerulean
-- ASH'S CHARACTER CONNECTIONS --

@кετรยεкí
  • Mi-Yun: Though Ash has been at the school two years longer than Yun, they've been in the same classes since she arrived two years ago. Ash has since learned when it's safe to approach Yun, and when it's best to stay away. She still terrifies him - because he knows she'll win in a fistfight, hands down - but he doesn't mind her abrasiveness. In fact, they probably get into verbal sparring matches - general teasing that's all in good humor - just to show familiarity. Yea or nay?
  • Kian: Even though Kian and Ash began in the same year, their age difference has kept them relatively separated. Though Ash certainly knows of Kian, I don't believe they'd be on familiar terms. To Ash, Ki is "that super pale, older, loner guy."
@KthuluKhild
  • Anton: Since he's only recently arrived at the school, Ash and Anton don't know each other. Ash may consider Anton gloomy on first impression.
  • Mari: I think Ash might be fascinated by Mari - her general "I don't give a crap" mentality and aloof behavior would simultaneously confuse and interest Ash, though not in a romantic way. I think Ash may try to get to know Mari just to see what makes her tick.
@Cyline
  • Katalin: Because Ash and Katalin are close in age and arrived at the school during the same year, I'd say chances are high that they've gotten to know each other. However, unlike the brotherly-sisterly, I'm-going-to-punch-you-if-you-don't-stop-bothering-me relationship I see between him and Yun, I feel like Ash and Kat would make marvelous rivals. What if they openly dislike each other? I say this because she's flinty and he's obnoxious. Ash likely finds her snobbish and rude; I wouldn't be surprised if she had several colorful words for him, too! It would be fun to watch them try to push the other over the edge, see how annoyed they can make each other. :)
@Cerulean
  • Adam: I think Ash probably thinks he's better friends with Adam than Adam does, in very much the same way a younger brother might think his older brother is his best friend while his older brother's actual best friends are... other people. There's something about Adam's personality that makes me think he's just a cool guy. Ash is a little... unhinged and hyperactive, so he kind of misses the "cool cut-off." Associating with Adam probably makes him feel more grounded and put-together. But I think these two would have a lot of fun together regardless of how close they are. Ash cooks, so I can see a bond forming over their mutual love of food. Or maybe this is how Ash tries to insert himself into Adam's life. Hahaha!
@Seeking Calliope
  • Rebecca: Because Becca is the friendly sort and Ash is very outgoing, I'm sure these two are more familiar than mere acquaintances - maybe they're even good friends. I see a lot of silly but kind interactions between these two. Ash would certainly make an effort to communicate with Becca, probably via pantomime (sure, she's not deaf, but it's the thought that counts, right?).
@Eclipse
  • Freya: In Ash's words, here is how he describes Freya: "Bombshell." She's older, new, and hot. Ash would hopelessly stumble over himself trying to get her to notice him. I don't think he's her type. He's probably not mature or motivated enough for her. But I do think this would be a funny dynamic to explore. What do you think?

-- GRAHAM'S CHARACTER CONNECTIONS --

@кετรยεкí
  • Mi-Yun: She exists on the periphery of Graham's knowledge. I don't believe their social circles would overlap much, considering how different they are, but they may also bond over music (as it seems most of the mutants here are quite talented). Until they're more familiar, I'd say Graham respects her from afar.
  • Kian: Ki also isn't in Graham's immediate circle of acquaintances. Graham is a friendly guy, and would welcome Ki's company, but since it seems Kian is a bit of a recluse, I don't think the two have had much opportunity to bond.
@KthuluKhild
  • Anton: Anton is new so Graham doesn't know him yet, but Graham will get to know him a little better (even if only superficially) because they'll be in the same class. For now, I want to say Graham acknowledges Anton, but may keep his distance since it seems Anton is a bit lacking in humor. I bet Graham wouldn't be able to tell if Anton was joking or being serious!
  • Mari: Due to Mari's recent arrival and the age difference between her and Graham, I doubt their paths will cross much. Any ideas about other interactions? Or do you concur?
@Cyline
  • Katalin: Because of their age difference, their very different personalities, and the fact that Graham arrived at the school two years after Kat did, I'm going to say Graham only knows of her, and keeps a polite distance.
@Cerulean
  • Adam: Graham and Adam are not only close in age (probably only separated by a few months), but they arrived at Xavier's School at the same time. I believe they would have formed an easy and effortless friendship - maybe they were roommates, too? Perhaps they had little guitar jam sessions and played video games when they couldn't sleep? You're right, Cerulean, I think these two would be good bros. Perhaps they assure each other that there's nothing to worry about 'cause, you know, they're in the same boat.
@Seeking Calliope
  • Rebecca: Since they arrived at the school, I want to say Becca and Graham have developed a sweet BFF-type friendship. Because she smiles so readily, Graham probably felt comfortable approaching her. Also, as new students at the same time, they probably stuck together because they were sharing the same experience (plus it was probably much less intimidating than trying to ease into an established clique). Maybe now they're close, and perhaps some of their buddy-buddy interactions might be construed as slightly flirty. If she is indeed infatuated with him, she probably thinks so! This is the couple that would be adorable as an actual couple, but Graham's not making a move because... (read below)
@Eclipse
  • Freya: Graham fancies her. Not immediately, but once she'd been at the school for a month or so he began to see her as more than a capable student. She's strong, just, driven, and intelligent, and I think Graham is not only attracted to those qualities, but he's inspired by them as well. Plus, they're both British and have lost parents; I'm sure they could find comfort in each other (even if not romantically).

Whew! I hope I didn't miss anyone! Also, these are suggestions - I of course want to hear all of your ideas about how you see your characters' interactions with mine. We can use the connections above as a springboard, or we can start from scratch if you'd like to take them in a different direction. Just let me know! :)

I'm super pumped to get started! XD

@Seeking Calliope Not to worry, I've edited the timeline so it reflects Becca's arrival in 2020, when she was 15. Does that sound right? Also, with that fix, it looks like she and Graham (and Adam) arrived at the same time! That's fortunate, considering how we had all started pushing those characters together! @Cerulean Dude, these three could be a really nice trio! Like Harry, Ron, and Hermione! Sort of... *sheepishly ducks out*

@кετรยεкí Oh, I'm glad! Thank you! But... skeletons?! Where on earth are you seeing skeletons?

Reactions: Cerulean
@кετรยεкí - I've made some changes to Freya's character sheet. I've changed her personality, name and powers. The majority of it is the same, but I have adapted her power so I reckon I'll need to be accepted again. I've made her more human and vulnerable, since a mutant with the ability to hack into anything electronic is akin to Watchdogs (I think?) =P

Also, anybody else can take a look too if they want!
Her CS is on Pg. 3 :]

@Mika - I love the connections you've made for Freya! I think Ash would be adorable around her, but she'd always smile and think things are entirely platonic, not because she doesn't think he's great, but because she's oblivious xD. I think it would also travel right over Freya's head that there are students at the school that find her attractive. She's been so focused on making the A-Team (X-Men) and getting better at controling her powers that she forgot about relationships - but once she does kind of have an inkling that Graham maybe likes her, she'll start to relax a little. ^^,

@Ketsueki *blinks* I do now! Hum dee dum. Boy, do I feel silly now.

@Eclipse I think it's that exact determination Freya has that attracts Graham - people with goals are sexy, let's face it. Lol.

@Mika: Hahaha, don't worry, I didn't know until it was pointed out to me. I understand your pain. XD

I don't know if my characters are relationship material. XD

Kian: Borderline reclusive.
Yun: Would probably punch the boy in reflex since she has zero experience in relationships.

@Ketsueki Hahaha! As he goes in for a kiss he receives a hard right hook to the face. Nice.

@Mika I expect Mari to somehow interact more with Mi-Yun or Ash, mostly Ash. They both have that kind of care-free kind of feel.

@Mika: Oh my glob. That's exactly how I imagined it! She wouldn't understand it and react with violence. She doesn't like feeling weak or flustered, so that's her first reaction. XD

Poor, poor Kian. My lonely little recluse. *laughs at her boy's pain* //sadist

@Mika - If Ash tries to communicate with Rebecca via pantomime I think it will be a very tender subject that she won't take kindly to. She would more than likely think that he was making fun of her (or if nothing else extremely insensitive). It could be a part of their first interaction, or maybe even first couple, and it could be that they're just now gaining an understanding of one another, if that's what you want. I don't know, it's something we should talk more about. She's likely to get a bit of revenge if/when he does it.

I like what you've proposed concerning Rebecca and Graham. It'll likely cause some conflict between Rebecca and Freya, as well (which isn't a bad thing).

Also, thank you for fixing the timeline.

@Eclipse - do you think Rebecca and Freya would let a boy come between them?

@Cerulean - I like what Mika's put down. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.